Walker & Drake Reviews

Walker & Drake 5 star review on 18th January 2021
Robert Blyth
Walker & Drake 5 star review on 17th January 2021
peter morrell
My 10 month old has been a fussy eater and it got to a point where she was refusing to eat kibble. She not only eats this but she now plays games with it too and accepts it as treats! I’d say the taster pack was a bit small as once she decided she liked it we had none left especially as she wasn’t keen on the fish flavour. She has been known to change her mind about food after about 3 days but do far do good !!
I have a girl with a very delicate tummy and a fussy eater, sadly old foods she gets on with id being discontinued and in my search found Walker & drake. Richard took lots of time helping and we got some samples.. we are using it as treats till we get closer to the end of the old food and she really really likes it. Time will tell when we start to transition to this as her only food if her belly can hold it ok.. other girl loves it and I don’t think she will be an issue.. have to work out if buying even the small bag and using as a treat is cost effective currently but see how we go.
Can’t say my thanks enough for Richards help (whether we can use it fully for our girl or not.. this company and food is amazing, so just hoping long term it suits our girl.)
Tried the new dog treats and they are the best ones I have bought for my dog in quite a few years. He wasn't sure about the peanut butter and blueberry at first smell but loves all 3 flavours. Will be buying more!
My dog is loving this food, we are at the end of week 2 transitioning over and so far so good. We started with duck flavour, and will give the fish a try too when I order next time. No sickness and poos are fine 👍🏻
Very quick delivery dogs love it only down side is the amount of poo they have started doing stools are solid just alot of them about 6 a day and and large
Thank you for your review and comments Gav.
With regard to pooh this is entirely a good news story!

Cold Pressed food promotes movement of fibre through the gut helping it to remain healthy and as a result excess fibre is excreted. You may also notice your dog will drink more water on cold pressed. Dogs are generally good at regulating fluid intake and this water is absorbed into the gut to aid the fibre through. Hence you get plenty of pooh, but it is usually of good regular consistency.

If you compared it to a human diet you have on one hand, for example, a dog on a raw diet would be equivalent to a heavy meat eater, and on the other a dog on a cold pressed diet would be like more vegetarian style of diet where the fibre makes them ‘regular’.
Bought 2 small bags (chicken and duck) for our two dogs. One terrier and one sighthound. Both went crazy for this for the first two days, but then our sighthound got a bad belly and stopped eating. She may have a bug, but I think unfortunately this was due to the food. Our terrier loved it and his belly has been fine. I'd recommend trying and seeing what your pup thinks!
You tend not to find customer service from businesses outstanding these days.... much to my frustration, it's not just about the product, but the customer satisfaction (we're the humans ordering it, the dog just eats it).

I have to say I was truly impressed with Walker & Drakes ability to answer lots of questions (I did have a lot....!), quick turn around time, easy and friendly to chat to. The delivery was super quick with updates.

Very pleased I came across this company, great to deal with and on another good note.....our dogs love it.
Found this through a website based on nutrition value sounded great . My dog ended up throwing up around 2 hours after eating It , and he has a strong stomach.
Found Walker & Drake dog food as recommended by a friend. Initially bought the sample pack which went down a treat with both of my dogs (aged 8yrs and 2yrs). Went onto order the 2kg multi pack - all flavours were very much enjoyed and prompt delivery. My working cocker spaniel can be a bit fussy and tends to have a delicate stomach but he wolves this food down as quickly as our non fussy Labrador. 5 months on and both dogs are thriving on W&D cold pressed, we often get stopped on walks with people commenting on their glossy coats. Really happy that we’ve found a good quality food that suits both dogs.
Extremely disappointed. I have 4 dogs 2 really won’t touch it one of which looks like she’s chewing a wasp and it’s not nice. The other 2 labs will of course eat anything however have developed projectile vomiting no warning just sick. I have tried to mix it to a porridge paste which turns into a gritty horrible texture that left goes hard again. I spent 120.00 for 3 10kg bags and that was discounted. It’s the most disappointing and expensive food I have ever purchased. Roll on pay day so I can replace. Sorry but I speak as I find and 4 dogs can’t be wrong. Make sure you have loads of water in hand.
Got my sample the other day Millie seemed to enjoy it it two hours later sicked it all up the next day we had to go to the vets for anti nausea jab this morning she’s still not well so I can’t recommend it at all also I tried tocancel my order with no replies
Hi Elaine
It is a shame you decided to post a review before your query had been actioned by customer services. Discussing an issue you may have with us is better for both parties first. As we have said in our email to you it is fine to return an unopened bag for a refund.
Got the Sample pack and Spike was doing backflips! This will be the one we use from now on as this is the best around.
Service is excellent but I made the mistake of buying 3 large bags & it does not suit my GSD at all.
It was too expensive for me to return & in fairness I was given the option.
My dog dislikes the taste & will only eat it if mixed with fresh food.
The effects of this food alternative between diarrhea & constipation.
I have tried to persevere but have no alternative other than give it away.
So disappointing.
Hi Sarah
OMG that 1 star is killing us:(
Any chance you could rethink that and amend.....?
Sorry to hear your dog did not get on with the food.
We would have refunded you for unopened bags which could have been returned using a service like https://www.parcel2go.com/ for about £9, which is greatly less than the cost of a 10kg bag.
Poor food, excessive wind, ridiculous amount of poo and excessive thirst which according to the company is normal!! I’d avoid if your not particularly keen on being woken several times a night to let your dog out to the toilet!!
Ever since he was a puppy we’ve really struggled to get the right food for my Cockapoo Wilson. He has a bit of a sensitive tummy (I think he actually has allergies/intolerances) and recurring anal gland issues. In the search to find him a food that deals with these problems we’ve been through at least 7 different brands. We’ve only been on Walker & Drake for a few days, but I’m already seeing big improvements. 1.) Wilson loves it, which is brilliant because he can be picky with his food 2.) the biting at his bum and scooting on the floor has stopped 3.) his poos are SO much firmer.

We trialled the tester pack first (which I think is a fab idea), and he actually liked all of the flavours- but we settled on a pack of the chicken flavour to start with. As I said it’s still early days but so far I’m really pleased with everything. I hope the positive results continue!
Our 16 week old working cocker spaniel was suffering with a sensitive tummy, tried him on the trial packs, he loved them and ever since we’ve fed him the duck variety he’s been so much better! He loves the flavours too!
(Also great as treats as they’re easy to break into smaller pieces)
Just ordered some more Duck alongside the Ocean Fish! Big Thumbs up
wow, wow, wow. we have two dogs. my lovely black cavapoodle Elvis and my cuddly blond cockerpoodle Waffle.
The free samples we received went down a real treat and so have just ordered two 10kg bags. Going to keep Waffle on the fish recipe and see if it helps with his skin allergy. Will update in a couple of months.
The owner and staff were so helpful when I contacted them..... so great to support a British family firm in these times.
Picked up our FREE sample and first bag of food today for our 16wk old WCS Cooper. Fantastic friendly help over the weekend through social media, and great service at your warehouse today. I can see how you achieved all the fab reviews I've read online. Pup was super excited when he smelt the samples and tried each one with enthusiasm. I'm looking forward to transitioning him over completely. PLUS supporting a local business. THANKS
Fantastic, my 3 loved them
Very good informed service
Dog is loving the new food.
Walker & Drake is rated 4.35 based on 155 reviews