Walker & Drake Reviews

Jacqui Lloyd
Walker & Drake 5 star review on 17th April 2021
Jonathan Moore
Walker & Drake 5 star review on 16th April 2021
Excellent service! I've ordered from the website three times and each time my order has been delivered within 2 days. My dog seems happy as his bowl is always empty...and his stools have also improved! I'm really pleased with Walker and Drake and will definitely be looking to buy again when I run out!
I have 2 dogs - a boxer who’s food allergies are so bad that he’s been on a prescription diet for most of his life (now 7), and a boxer x who is so fussy she will pick fragments of carrots out from a stew on leftover nights (she loved carrots, just not cooked carrots). I was looking for a more natural diet (i.e. not biscuits that are so obviously full of fillers and colouring - particularly in the case of the boxer x) but i don’t have the freezer space to accommodate totally raw. After researching i came across Walker and Drake, and i was dubious looking at some of the more critical reviews but decided to give it a try anyway. Initially there was an issue with the order as my address incorrectly flagged as being islands. A quick email and it was sorted really quickly - great customer service. Food arrived within a couple of days and i was pleased to see both loved it. Although they have both seen a marked increase in poo frequency, every time it is solid and healthy looking. Gone are the days of constant flatulence and us trying to scrape up sloppy and funky coloured dog doos :) My only constructive criticism is that it’s very samey in terms of texture. But overall, i whole heartedly recommend this food and this company if you are looking for food that’s better for your dog but more convenient than raw. Great customer service too!
So sorry but my Pug just turned his nose up. Been on raw and very choosy about that. Would happily eat cheap ‘junk’ dog food but I refuse to give in to him!!
I have a Shih Tzu and a rescue Bischon Frise who I have struggled to find a food to suit her.. finally now I have thanks to Walker and Drake she now doesn't pant and her stomach doesn't swell up after her meals, I have to divide her meals into four a day but I'm hoping I can over time reduce this to three. She is a very happy girl who is interested in things and is actually meeting and greeting other dogs and being less scared of people. Her tummy seems fuller for longer and both my dogs are very happy with the food and treats.. Thank you guys for coming up with the idea of this food. Thanks to from Kimball and Rosa
My new puppy Luna was on puppy food that really wasn’t giving her the nutrients she required, leaving her hungry after she ate and up through the night. I switched to Walker and Drake and I can honestly say she’s a completely different puppy! She takes her time to eat, rather than rushing her meal, she got a lot more energy and sleeps much better. We have managed to train her to do a lot of new “tricks and commands” with the Walker and Drake treats! She loves them!! I would highly recommend for any puppy or dog!
I ordered the samples and my dogs loved them. So I ordered a 10kg bag which made my one dog sick for over a week, and the other dog shook her head and refused to eat it, my dogs eat anything so this was unusual . l left it out for the fox and he/she refused it also. I contacted the company and they wouldn't refund as there policy is not to refund opened bags. I was concerned it was a faulty batch. There reply was it was from the same batch although I ordered fish and the samples were all of the available flavours. I had to throw it in the bin so a waste of money. There was also a message on Facebook where a customer had said her dogs wouldn't eat it also which seems to of been removed. There could of beem a problem with it which happens but a refund or exchange would of solved this problem but company did nothing only saying it is frustrating!
Dear Alison Why do you feel it necessary to post another poor review for the same purchase but this time using your name rather than anonymous? As I mentioned in my previous reply we can not accept opened bags into our facility and our returns details are on our FAQs. Please enlighten me as to the removed FB post? We would only remove a post if it was rude or out of the spirit of social media. At no point did you ask for an exchange so please do not give the impression that you did.
My husky pup loves all 3 flavours. It has improved the consistency of his poos, now more solid. Will be continuing to use in future.
Our miniature Dachsund suffered from an upset tummy on kibble so after a bit of research we switched him to Walker and Drake and haven’t looked back since. He wolfs down the food, poos are solid. I would definitely recommend!
His poo seems realy good on this food . Solid looking healthy stool. But seems 2 poo slot on it . Bit disappointing I get charged delivery tho coz I stay up in the highlands . As I will be buying this for maney years to come. Its not a cheap dog food but hopefully its worth the price
My 10 month old has been a fussy eater and it got to a point where she was refusing to eat kibble. She not only eats this but she now plays games with it too and accepts it as treats! I’d say the taster pack was a bit small as once she decided she liked it we had none left especially as she wasn’t keen on the fish flavour. She has been known to change her mind about food after about 3 days but do far do good !!
I have a girl with a very delicate tummy and a fussy eater, sadly old foods she gets on with id being discontinued and in my search found Walker & drake. Richard took lots of time helping and we got some samples.. we are using it as treats till we get closer to the end of the old food and she really really likes it. Time will tell when we start to transition to this as her only food if her belly can hold it ok.. other girl loves it and I don’t think she will be an issue.. have to work out if buying even the small bag and using as a treat is cost effective currently but see how we go. Can’t say my thanks enough for Richards help (whether we can use it fully for our girl or not.. this company and food is amazing, so just hoping long term it suits our girl.)
Tried the new dog treats and they are the best ones I have bought for my dog in quite a few years. He wasn't sure about the peanut butter and blueberry at first smell but loves all 3 flavours. Will be buying more!
My dog is loving this food, we are at the end of week 2 transitioning over and so far so good. We started with duck flavour, and will give the fish a try too when I order next time. No sickness and poos are fine 👍🏻
Very quick delivery dogs love it only down side is the amount of poo they have started doing stools are solid just alot of them about 6 a day and and large
Thank you for your review and comments Gav. With regard to pooh this is entirely a good news story! Cold Pressed food promotes movement of fibre through the gut helping it to remain healthy and as a result excess fibre is excreted. You may also notice your dog will drink more water on cold pressed. Dogs are generally good at regulating fluid intake and this water is absorbed into the gut to aid the fibre through. Hence you get plenty of pooh, but it is usually of good regular consistency. If you compared it to a human diet you have on one hand, for example, a dog on a raw diet would be equivalent to a heavy meat eater, and on the other a dog on a cold pressed diet would be like more vegetarian style of diet where the fibre makes them ‘regular’.
Bought 2 small bags (chicken and duck) for our two dogs. One terrier and one sighthound. Both went crazy for this for the first two days, but then our sighthound got a bad belly and stopped eating. She may have a bug, but I think unfortunately this was due to the food. Our terrier loved it and his belly has been fine. I'd recommend trying and seeing what your pup thinks!
You tend not to find customer service from businesses outstanding these days.... much to my frustration, it's not just about the product, but the customer satisfaction (we're the humans ordering it, the dog just eats it). I have to say I was truly impressed with Walker & Drakes ability to answer lots of questions (I did have a lot....!), quick turn around time, easy and friendly to chat to. The delivery was super quick with updates. Very pleased I came across this company, great to deal with and on another good note.....our dogs love it.
Found this through a website based on nutrition value sounded great . My dog ended up throwing up around 2 hours after eating It , and he has a strong stomach.
Found Walker & Drake dog food as recommended by a friend. Initially bought the sample pack which went down a treat with both of my dogs (aged 8yrs and 2yrs). Went onto order the 2kg multi pack - all flavours were very much enjoyed and prompt delivery. My working cocker spaniel can be a bit fussy and tends to have a delicate stomach but he wolves this food down as quickly as our non fussy Labrador. 5 months on and both dogs are thriving on W&D cold pressed, we often get stopped on walks with people commenting on their glossy coats. Really happy that we’ve found a good quality food that suits both dogs.
Extremely disappointed. I have 4 dogs 2 really won’t touch it one of which looks like she’s chewing a wasp and it’s not nice. The other 2 labs will of course eat anything however have developed projectile vomiting no warning just sick. I have tried to mix it to a porridge paste which turns into a gritty horrible texture that left goes hard again. I spent 120.00 for 3 10kg bags and that was discounted. It’s the most disappointing and expensive food I have ever purchased. Roll on pay day so I can replace. Sorry but I speak as I find and 4 dogs can’t be wrong. Make sure you have loads of water in hand.
Got my sample the other day Millie seemed to enjoy it it two hours later sicked it all up the next day we had to go to the vets for anti nausea jab this morning she’s still not well so I can’t recommend it at all also I tried tocancel my order with no replies
Hi Elaine It is a shame you decided to post a review before your query had been actioned by customer services. Discussing an issue you may have with us is better for both parties first. As we have said in our email to you it is fine to return an unopened bag for a refund. Thank you
Walker & Drake is rated 4.33 based on 164 reviews