Walker & Drake Reviews

Read Walker & Drake Reviews

hello@walkeranddrake.com

Unit 14 Redbrook Business Park, Wilthorpe Road,

Tell us how Walker & Drake made you happy
Struggling with raw feeding especially when he had a bout of runs and when away in our caravan I searched hi and low for a high nutrition dry food , found w&d and not looked back tried samples packs and loved em all he eats chicken and duck now , nice poo s and no Runny tums just ordered 3rd pack. It would be nice to get a discount as a regular user as if I subscribe I could get buried in food as he is a small dog (cavapoo)and the food lasts a long time I wouldn't know how regular to place the order as it varies , just a thought
I have recently made the switch from raw feeding due to one of my dogs developing an auto immune disease and no longer being allowed a raw diet. I was quite distressed about finding a new food that would match the nutritional value of raw food, keep their poos small and firm and also palatable for my super fussy eaters. i have to say I am very very pleased with this cold pressed food, since being on this my unwell dog has picked up and her tummy is keeping healthy despite all of the medication she is on. Their coats have remained shiny, characters unchanged and they all get just as excited for this food as they did their raw. I am very happy over all with the quality of this food and have already recommended it to others. I love the subscription option too so there is no worrying about when to order a new bag, it arrives as planned. I hope this review helps someone make a decision about if it is right for them.
Thanks Leolie! Looks like the perfect review to me. That makes our day, and we really appreciate you taking the time to say such nice things.
My Labradorable Labrador loves W&D.We signed up for the subscription service and this works really well , no delays or worries about running out. We tried quite a few other foods before finding walker and drake...this is definitely the best one for our dog...thanks guys😊
Brilliant food....solid poo but sometimes dry heaves 2 hours after the meal...not at all times though, is there anything to prevent this?
Thought we would give W&D a try and so glad we did. He loves it! We usually feed our Frenchie Tribal but He was starting to leave it and I was throwing quite a bit away. His poos are so much firmer and he’s enjoying his food again. Defo sticking with W&D now.
My two American Akita’s have been on cold pressed but different brands for some time and have always been on and off. We have been giving them Walker and Drake cold pressed in duck & chicken flavour and they are absolutely loving it, licking the bowl clean! The nuggets are small in size so easily chewable (as one of my pups is VERY lazy and hates chewing her food). Thank you Walker & Drake for the amazing food, definitely our new go to food! 🐶
Great communication, the food looked perfect to me but unfortunately my dog wouldn't eat it. Walker and drake were very helpful and gave me tips to encourage him to try it. Sadly he wouldn't but I was given a full refund which is so kind. Thank you. 😊
Having added an extremely fluffy Golden Retriever puppy to our family, we wanted the best food to feed Bailey and, like countless others, made a rookie error and purchased food directly from the veterinary practice. The kibble sold to us was, in retrospect, not just expensive but severely devoid of any quality ingredients. Thankfully we had started to educate ourselves and avoided cereal-based foods containing ‘meat meals’* and found great dry and wet dog foods and ingredients sourced and produced in the UK. We are pleased to have found Walker and Drake, last November, whose ingredients are thoughtfully chosen and is excellent food in and of itself and which we also use to complement the wet food we also feed Bailey. We now have set up a subscription to take advantage of saving 10% with each delivery, along with excellent customer service for free! * “A process of using high temperature and pressure to convert whole animal and poultry carcasses or their by-products with no or very low value to safe, nutritional, and economically valuable products.” - https://truthaboutpetfood.com/what-are-meat-meal-ingredients
Ordered large bag for my two cocker spaniels. Since I have been feeding both exclusively on Walker & Drake both dogs have been projectile vomiting....very worrying. They have never done this on any other dog food.
Hi Sharn Sorry to hear your dogs did not get on with the food. As you can see from the reviews that is unusual. I assume you transitioned slowly? We'd like to call you to discuss in more detail so we can understand your circumstances. Many thanks Richard
The customer service from Walker and Drake is second to none. When I had a slight problem with delivery timings they called me directly and offered multiple options to help me fix it. Really feels like the personal touch. Cannot recommend enough.
I thought I had found a great dog food that my border collie would enjoy. To me it seemed to be the perfect ready made dog food. Unfortunately my dog is not keen at all. She would rather go without. I tried the sample pack with 3 different flavours. It was the same with all 3. I still went ahead and bought a big bag of duck flavour and decided to mix it with her previous food which only has a 21% protein content. To no avail. She picks around the Walker and Drake. I am so disappointed. She is a high energy dog and needs a good, high protein food.
Hi Teuntje What a shame your dog did not like the food, thanks for trying it though.
Our Goldendoodle age 2.5 and Collie poo puppy love this food and wolf it up in one sitting. Changed overnight to this food with no issues which I've never done before from kibble and wet food. They poo more but its solid and less smelly. Our Goldendoodle is a real foodie and used to get bored quickly being served the same food every day, with Walker and Drake so far no problems, we are on a third 10kg pack. Excellent customer service. Happy dogs and happy owners. Thank you
Recently put my 10 week old pup and 3 year old springer onto this food after a lot of research and senator I’ve tummy’s. My pup had her first solid poop which we were thrilled about and she seems to really enjoy dinner time now. Our 3 year old springer was very fussy and didn’t ever finish a meal prior to this food, we were so happy to see his bowl licked clean! They both have sensitive skin and after 4 days of fully transitioning my pups flakey skin is much better! Only thing I would like to mention is, both of them are gagging/coughing couple hours after food? I’m hoping i don’t have to change cause they both really enjoy meal times now!
The food stinks and my dog doesn't! We're 5 days into fully converting to Walker and Drake. From the second the parcel arrived my whippet was sniffing through the box desperate to get in, and as soon as the food was offered, he and my Maltese terrier got stuck straight in. It has a strong smell of ocean fish, unlike the nothing smell of the kibble he was on before. My whippet has hunger issues caused by epilepsy medication and, whilst he will always have a strong appetite, he has spent less time this week begging for more food. Best of all the horrific wind that he had developed from the last food we tried seems to have cleared up - making him much nicer to live with! Some of the pellets are a bit large for my Maltese but very easy for me to break smaller, so no issue there. So far, I am a very happy customer!
My westie has been going to vets and cost me £1500 in tests and tablets. Two vets later no one could tell me how to cure his itch. My friend said her dog had also gone off our usual brand and to give cold pressed a go before doing raw. Alfie’s 95% better like they say you are what you eat.
I have a 2 year old shih Tzu and I have struggled daily trying to get her to eat. She is offered steak, chicken etc. I also hand feed her. I often feed her extra treats to ensure she has something. I have tried endless dog food both set and dry but no luck until today. I have received 3 sample packs today and thought I will try her as usual. She normally takes and drops on the floor and walks off but to my surprise she took all 3 and dropped but then pick back up the Ocean Fish then looked at me for more. To my delight she has almost eat the whole sample pack of the Ocean Fish, does not like the duck and not keen on the chicken either. I will purchase a small bag to see how she goes but fingers crossed😁
That's great J, let us know how you get on.
Excellent service! I've ordered from the website three times and each time my order has been delivered within 2 days. My dog seems happy as his bowl is always empty...and his stools have also improved! I'm really pleased with Walker and Drake and will definitely be looking to buy again when I run out!
I have 2 dogs - a boxer who’s food allergies are so bad that he’s been on a prescription diet for most of his life (now 7), and a boxer x who is so fussy she will pick fragments of carrots out from a stew on leftover nights (she loved carrots, just not cooked carrots). I was looking for a more natural diet (i.e. not biscuits that are so obviously full of fillers and colouring - particularly in the case of the boxer x) but i don’t have the freezer space to accommodate totally raw. After researching i came across Walker and Drake, and i was dubious looking at some of the more critical reviews but decided to give it a try anyway. Initially there was an issue with the order as my address incorrectly flagged as being islands. A quick email and it was sorted really quickly - great customer service. Food arrived within a couple of days and i was pleased to see both loved it. Although they have both seen a marked increase in poo frequency, every time it is solid and healthy looking. Gone are the days of constant flatulence and us trying to scrape up sloppy and funky coloured dog doos :) My only constructive criticism is that it’s very samey in terms of texture. But overall, i whole heartedly recommend this food and this company if you are looking for food that’s better for your dog but more convenient than raw. Great customer service too!
So sorry but my Pug just turned his nose up. Been on raw and very choosy about that. Would happily eat cheap ‘junk’ dog food but I refuse to give in to him!!
I have a Shih Tzu and a rescue Bischon Frise who I have struggled to find a food to suit her.. finally now I have thanks to Walker and Drake she now doesn't pant and her stomach doesn't swell up after her meals, I have to divide her meals into four a day but I'm hoping I can over time reduce this to three. She is a very happy girl who is interested in things and is actually meeting and greeting other dogs and being less scared of people. Her tummy seems fuller for longer and both my dogs are very happy with the food and treats.. Thank you guys for coming up with the idea of this food. Thanks to from Kimball and Rosa
Walker & Drake is rated 4.3 based on 180 reviews