Walker & Drake Reviews

Read Walker & Drake Reviews

hello@walkeranddrake.com

Unit 14 Redbrook Business Park, Wilthorpe Road,

Tell us how Walker & Drake made you happy
Ordered large bag for my two cocker spaniels. Since I have been feeding both exclusively on Walker & Drake both dogs have been projectile vomiting....very worrying. They have never done this on any other dog food.
Hi Sharn Sorry to hear your dogs did not get on with the food. As you can see from the reviews that is unusual. I assume you transitioned slowly? We'd like to call you to discuss in more detail so we can understand your circumstances. Many thanks Richard
The customer service from Walker and Drake is second to none. When I had a slight problem with delivery timings they called me directly and offered multiple options to help me fix it. Really feels like the personal touch. Cannot recommend enough.
I thought I had found a great dog food that my border collie would enjoy. To me it seemed to be the perfect ready made dog food. Unfortunately my dog is not keen at all. She would rather go without. I tried the sample pack with 3 different flavours. It was the same with all 3. I still went ahead and bought a big bag of duck flavour and decided to mix it with her previous food which only has a 21% protein content. To no avail. She picks around the Walker and Drake. I am so disappointed. She is a high energy dog and needs a good, high protein food.
Hi Teuntje What a shame your dog did not like the food, thanks for trying it though.
Our Goldendoodle age 2.5 and Collie poo puppy love this food and wolf it up in one sitting. Changed overnight to this food with no issues which I've never done before from kibble and wet food. They poo more but its solid and less smelly. Our Goldendoodle is a real foodie and used to get bored quickly being served the same food every day, with Walker and Drake so far no problems, we are on a third 10kg pack. Excellent customer service. Happy dogs and happy owners. Thank you
Recently put my 10 week old pup and 3 year old springer onto this food after a lot of research and senator I’ve tummy’s. My pup had her first solid poop which we were thrilled about and she seems to really enjoy dinner time now. Our 3 year old springer was very fussy and didn’t ever finish a meal prior to this food, we were so happy to see his bowl licked clean! They both have sensitive skin and after 4 days of fully transitioning my pups flakey skin is much better! Only thing I would like to mention is, both of them are gagging/coughing couple hours after food? I’m hoping i don’t have to change cause they both really enjoy meal times now!
The food stinks and my dog doesn't! We're 5 days into fully converting to Walker and Drake. From the second the parcel arrived my whippet was sniffing through the box desperate to get in, and as soon as the food was offered, he and my Maltese terrier got stuck straight in. It has a strong smell of ocean fish, unlike the nothing smell of the kibble he was on before. My whippet has hunger issues caused by epilepsy medication and, whilst he will always have a strong appetite, he has spent less time this week begging for more food. Best of all the horrific wind that he had developed from the last food we tried seems to have cleared up - making him much nicer to live with! Some of the pellets are a bit large for my Maltese but very easy for me to break smaller, so no issue there. So far, I am a very happy customer!
My westie has been going to vets and cost me £1500 in tests and tablets. Two vets later no one could tell me how to cure his itch. My friend said her dog had also gone off our usual brand and to give cold pressed a go before doing raw. Alfie’s 95% better like they say you are what you eat.
I have a 2 year old shih Tzu and I have struggled daily trying to get her to eat. She is offered steak, chicken etc. I also hand feed her. I often feed her extra treats to ensure she has something. I have tried endless dog food both set and dry but no luck until today. I have received 3 sample packs today and thought I will try her as usual. She normally takes and drops on the floor and walks off but to my surprise she took all 3 and dropped but then pick back up the Ocean Fish then looked at me for more. To my delight she has almost eat the whole sample pack of the Ocean Fish, does not like the duck and not keen on the chicken either. I will purchase a small bag to see how she goes but fingers crossed😁
That's great J, let us know how you get on.
Excellent service! I've ordered from the website three times and each time my order has been delivered within 2 days. My dog seems happy as his bowl is always empty...and his stools have also improved! I'm really pleased with Walker and Drake and will definitely be looking to buy again when I run out!
I have 2 dogs - a boxer who’s food allergies are so bad that he’s been on a prescription diet for most of his life (now 7), and a boxer x who is so fussy she will pick fragments of carrots out from a stew on leftover nights (she loved carrots, just not cooked carrots). I was looking for a more natural diet (i.e. not biscuits that are so obviously full of fillers and colouring - particularly in the case of the boxer x) but i don’t have the freezer space to accommodate totally raw. After researching i came across Walker and Drake, and i was dubious looking at some of the more critical reviews but decided to give it a try anyway. Initially there was an issue with the order as my address incorrectly flagged as being islands. A quick email and it was sorted really quickly - great customer service. Food arrived within a couple of days and i was pleased to see both loved it. Although they have both seen a marked increase in poo frequency, every time it is solid and healthy looking. Gone are the days of constant flatulence and us trying to scrape up sloppy and funky coloured dog doos :) My only constructive criticism is that it’s very samey in terms of texture. But overall, i whole heartedly recommend this food and this company if you are looking for food that’s better for your dog but more convenient than raw. Great customer service too!
So sorry but my Pug just turned his nose up. Been on raw and very choosy about that. Would happily eat cheap ‘junk’ dog food but I refuse to give in to him!!
I have a Shih Tzu and a rescue Bischon Frise who I have struggled to find a food to suit her.. finally now I have thanks to Walker and Drake she now doesn't pant and her stomach doesn't swell up after her meals, I have to divide her meals into four a day but I'm hoping I can over time reduce this to three. She is a very happy girl who is interested in things and is actually meeting and greeting other dogs and being less scared of people. Her tummy seems fuller for longer and both my dogs are very happy with the food and treats.. Thank you guys for coming up with the idea of this food. Thanks to from Kimball and Rosa
My new puppy Luna was on puppy food that really wasn’t giving her the nutrients she required, leaving her hungry after she ate and up through the night. I switched to Walker and Drake and I can honestly say she’s a completely different puppy! She takes her time to eat, rather than rushing her meal, she got a lot more energy and sleeps much better. We have managed to train her to do a lot of new “tricks and commands” with the Walker and Drake treats! She loves them!! I would highly recommend for any puppy or dog!
I ordered the samples and my dogs loved them. So I ordered a 10kg bag which made my one dog sick for over a week, and the other dog shook her head and refused to eat it, my dogs eat anything so this was unusual . l left it out for the fox and he/she refused it also. I contacted the company and they wouldn't refund as there policy is not to refund opened bags. I was concerned it was a faulty batch. There reply was it was from the same batch although I ordered fish and the samples were all of the available flavours. I had to throw it in the bin so a waste of money. There was also a message on Facebook where a customer had said her dogs wouldn't eat it also which seems to of been removed. There could of beem a problem with it which happens but a refund or exchange would of solved this problem but company did nothing only saying it is frustrating!
Dear Alison Why do you feel it necessary to post another poor review for the same purchase but this time using your name rather than anonymous? As I mentioned in my previous reply we can not accept opened bags into our facility and our returns details are on our FAQs. Please enlighten me as to the removed FB post? We would only remove a post if it was rude or out of the spirit of social media. At no point did you ask for an exchange so please do not give the impression that you did.
My husky pup loves all 3 flavours. It has improved the consistency of his poos, now more solid. Will be continuing to use in future.
Our miniature Dachsund suffered from an upset tummy on kibble so after a bit of research we switched him to Walker and Drake and haven’t looked back since. He wolfs down the food, poos are solid. I would definitely recommend!
His poo seems realy good on this food . Solid looking healthy stool. But seems 2 poo slot on it . Bit disappointing I get charged delivery tho coz I stay up in the highlands . As I will be buying this for maney years to come. Its not a cheap dog food but hopefully its worth the price
My 10 month old has been a fussy eater and it got to a point where she was refusing to eat kibble. She not only eats this but she now plays games with it too and accepts it as treats! I’d say the taster pack was a bit small as once she decided she liked it we had none left especially as she wasn’t keen on the fish flavour. She has been known to change her mind about food after about 3 days but do far do good !!
I have a girl with a very delicate tummy and a fussy eater, sadly old foods she gets on with id being discontinued and in my search found Walker & drake. Richard took lots of time helping and we got some samples.. we are using it as treats till we get closer to the end of the old food and she really really likes it. Time will tell when we start to transition to this as her only food if her belly can hold it ok.. other girl loves it and I don’t think she will be an issue.. have to work out if buying even the small bag and using as a treat is cost effective currently but see how we go. Can’t say my thanks enough for Richards help (whether we can use it fully for our girl or not.. this company and food is amazing, so just hoping long term it suits our girl.)
Tried the new dog treats and they are the best ones I have bought for my dog in quite a few years. He wasn't sure about the peanut butter and blueberry at first smell but loves all 3 flavours. Will be buying more!
Walker & Drake is rated 4.31 based on 172 reviews