Walker & Drake Reviews

Walker & Drake 5 star review on 22nd August 2021
Ian Thompson
Walker & Drake 5 star review on 22nd August 2021
Ian Thompson
Service is excellent but I made the mistake of buying 3 large bags & it does not suit my GSD at all. It was too expensive for me to return & in fairness I was given the option. My dog dislikes the taste & will only eat it if mixed with fresh food. The effects of this food alternative between diarrhea & constipation. I have tried to persevere but have no alternative other than give it away. So disappointing.
Hi Sarah OMG that 1 star is killing us:( Any chance you could rethink that and amend.....? Sorry to hear your dog did not get on with the food. We would have refunded you for unopened bags which could have been returned using a service like https://www.parcel2go.com/ for about £9, which is greatly less than the cost of a 10kg bag.
I have 2 dogs - a boxer who’s food allergies are so bad that he’s been on a prescription diet for most of his life (now 7), and a boxer x who is so fussy she will pick fragments of carrots out from a stew on leftover nights (she loved carrots, just not cooked carrots). I was looking for a more natural diet (i.e. not biscuits that are so obviously full of fillers and colouring - particularly in the case of the boxer x) but i don’t have the freezer space to accommodate totally raw. After researching i came across Walker and Drake, and i was dubious looking at some of the more critical reviews but decided to give it a try anyway. Initially there was an issue with the order as my address incorrectly flagged as being islands. A quick email and it was sorted really quickly - great customer service. Food arrived within a couple of days and i was pleased to see both loved it. Although they have both seen a marked increase in poo frequency, every time it is solid and healthy looking. Gone are the days of constant flatulence and us trying to scrape up sloppy and funky coloured dog doos :) My only constructive criticism is that it’s very samey in terms of texture. But overall, i whole heartedly recommend this food and this company if you are looking for food that’s better for your dog but more convenient than raw. Great customer service too!
Extremely disappointed. I have 4 dogs 2 really won’t touch it one of which looks like she’s chewing a wasp and it’s not nice. The other 2 labs will of course eat anything however have developed projectile vomiting no warning just sick. I have tried to mix it to a porridge paste which turns into a gritty horrible texture that left goes hard again. I spent 120.00 for 3 10kg bags and that was discounted. It’s the most disappointing and expensive food I have ever purchased. Roll on pay day so I can replace. Sorry but I speak as I find and 4 dogs can’t be wrong. Make sure you have loads of water in hand.
Got my sample the other day Millie seemed to enjoy it it two hours later sicked it all up the next day we had to go to the vets for anti nausea jab this morning she’s still not well so I can’t recommend it at all also I tried tocancel my order with no replies
Hi Elaine It is a shame you decided to post a review before your query had been actioned by customer services. Discussing an issue you may have with us is better for both parties first. As we have said in our email to you it is fine to return an unopened bag for a refund. Thank you
Thank you for your prompt service..after i had purchased the sample kit for my very fussy Standard Poodle Sirius...Unfortunately i will not be making a future purchase as it has not been successful for Si...thanks in advance Julie💋
Found this through a website based on nutrition value sounded great . My dog ended up throwing up around 2 hours after eating It , and he has a strong stomach.
Poor food, excessive wind, ridiculous amount of poo and excessive thirst which according to the company is normal!! I’d avoid if your not particularly keen on being woken several times a night to let your dog out to the toilet!!
Ever since he was a puppy we’ve really struggled to get the right food for my Cockapoo Wilson. He has a bit of a sensitive tummy (I think he actually has allergies/intolerances) and recurring anal gland issues. In the search to find him a food that deals with these problems we’ve been through at least 7 different brands. We’ve only been on Walker & Drake for a few days, but I’m already seeing big improvements. 1.) Wilson loves it, which is brilliant because he can be picky with his food 2.) the biting at his bum and scooting on the floor has stopped 3.) his poos are SO much firmer. We trialled the tester pack first (which I think is a fab idea), and he actually liked all of the flavours- but we settled on a pack of the chicken flavour to start with. As I said it’s still early days but so far I’m really pleased with everything. I hope the positive results continue!
Our 16 week old working cocker spaniel was suffering with a sensitive tummy, tried him on the trial packs, he loved them and ever since we’ve fed him the duck variety he’s been so much better! He loves the flavours too! (Also great as treats as they’re easy to break into smaller pieces) Just ordered some more Duck alongside the Ocean Fish! Big Thumbs up
wow, wow, wow. we have two dogs. my lovely black cavapoodle Elvis and my cuddly blond cockerpoodle Waffle. The free samples we received went down a real treat and so have just ordered two 10kg bags. Going to keep Waffle on the fish recipe and see if it helps with his skin allergy. Will update in a couple of months. The owner and staff were so helpful when I contacted them..... so great to support a British family firm in these times.
Picked up our FREE sample and first bag of food today for our 16wk old WCS Cooper. Fantastic friendly help over the weekend through social media, and great service at your warehouse today. I can see how you achieved all the fab reviews I've read online. Pup was super excited when he smelt the samples and tried each one with enthusiasm. I'm looking forward to transitioning him over completely. PLUS supporting a local business. THANKS
My Younger Dog Actually Liked It And She Is Super Fussy On What Food She Has. Thanks Will Get Some More.
Walker & Drake 5 star review on 15th November 2020
Thanks for the photo Diana, love it!
Our dog has allegies i.e.grass but he seems not to be scratching so much now we have changed to this product. Thank you
So far , so good . Cold pressed food is nothing new to me and my two Springer Spaniels . They have been eating that way since they were puppies . Tribal , Gentle , Wilson’s of Renfrewshire . They all started of good quality but in each case their quality control slipped . The most common problem being too dry a mix so we ended up with a quarter of a bag of dust - alright for mixing with flour and making dog biscuits but useless as a food . I have gently changed them to your product over the last couple of weeks and they are thriving , full of energy with shiny coats . I cannot ask for more than that .
Walker & Drake 5 star review on 14th October 2020
My German Shepherd Sean has been eating Walker & Drakes food for around 3 weeks. He loves it (especially the ocean fish!) and his coat looks great. I’ve been feeding him line with the feeding guide on the pack and he’s put on a healthy 4.5kg in 3 weeks. I wouldn’t want to feed him anything else now, so thank you!
Walker & Drake 5 star review on 4th October 2020
My Border Terrier suffers from Canine Epileptoid Cramping Disorder. I have had to make considerable changes to his diet to try and lessen his fits. Part of this was putting him on a gluten free diet. I have found it difficult sourcing a good choice of biscuits and treats. I commend you for formulating dog food that my boy approves of. When the biscuit samples arrived he thoroughly enjoyed them and was as giddy as a kipper. I’ve since put in a bigger order and am relieved to have found this brand. Maybe consider doing treats too? Many Thanks
I’m the proud owner of my first giant breed dog, Cane Corso, she’s only 8 weeks old. During pre breed research the importance of a high quality low calcium and relatively low calorie food quickly became an important factor in maintaining body weight as she grows and to avoid joint and ligament damage in later life. So I entered the minefield of puppy food and dog food in general, raw diet versus Kibble versus wet. I spent hours on Google looking at the various companies well-known brands and bespoke food producers as well as top-10 rated companies et cetera et cetera. That was just the beginning of the journey, once I decided that coldpressed food looked to be the very best way forward the search to find the right brand offering the right quality for the right price began. After many phone calls to various producers manufacturers I came across Walker and Drake, the product really interested me due to it being grain free, high levels of its meat / fish content and the it was simple to get right for age groups. The website was appealing, easy to read easy to understand well laid out. I called Richard who was incredibly helpful provide all the nutritional information that I required including calcium levels, manufacturing details, even where the product is made (locally, with a well established small company using time tested old school equipment) we arranged delivery of a sample packet which lead to my first order, one of I’m sure will be many, as an adult probably 30kg a month! I knew I should have bought a Chihuahuapoo!! Keep an eye out on their social media for pictures of our puppy!
Both of my dachshund seem to like this food, one is really fussy but she has lapped it up, I know I still need a bit longer to try the food as I’m transitioning from another food but so far so good 😊
Dogs liked them - they stole package and ate the contents so I never saw them!
My cavapoochon refuses to eat any dry food but she will eat Walker & Drake cold pressed chicken. Amazing
Walker & Drake is rated 4.35 based on 169 reviews