Tutor Hunt Reviews

83% of reviewers recommend Tutor Hunt

Tell us how Tutor Hunt made you happy

Telephone
"I haven't had a great experience with tutor hunt. Many of the listed tutors seem to now be inactive. Most of those who were suggested as 'potential matches' have failed to answer my enquiry about maths tuition for my son. I did hear back from a tutor listed as living 7 miles away, who indicated being happy to assist my son with one-to-one tuition. He also indicated being available on the day we requested. However, 2-3 weeks (after I'd purchased his details) he contacted me and suggested doing online tuition instead. My son is autistic and this option did not appeal to him. Nor do think it was appropriate in terms of matching his learning or communication style. I contacted the tutor to indicate our preference for one-to-one tuition which he initially said he could offer in line with my son's needs. However, I noticed he was now living in a town more than 80 miles away. I do not believe for one minute that his was move was completely unplanned. He must have known it was on the cards when he agreed to offer my son tuition. I am now very reluctant to purchase the contact details of another tutor who could similarly mislead us. I think I'll be focusing my search elsewhere."
"I paid for a tutors detail, she booked a slot with myself fo my 10 yr old daughter, cancelled, then aid she was on holiday. Then nothing!? I text her again this weekend to be told that her circumstance have changed and she now can't do it? I just went to log back on to my account and it is saying that there is not an account registered to my details??????"
"Site not user friendly + takes your details without you being made aware of it but worse of all, I approached 3 tutors, none answered..."
"Some tutors have let me down at the last moment. I cant see that Tutor Hunt do anything for their money."
"Brilliant Bron, fun, inspiring and so positive. You can't imagine the tears that were shed when my daughter rang with her GCSE results, she'd had been predicted to fail badly. However her dyslexia had not been a problem for Bronwen and her subsequent success in passing was all thanks to Bron. I can't begin to thank her enough."
"Tutor hunt is easy to use. I found my Spanish tutor using this service. Reasonable cost."
"My son is being tutored in computer science by Mrs Meelan. We are delighted we chose Mrs Meelan as she is a superb tutor, very friendly, kind & knowledgeable. My son felt more confident in this subject from day one with her help."
"Excellent site for bringing students and tutors together"
"I would highly recommend The Tutor hunt- It's an excellent platform where you can meet prospective students. Although I am an experienced teacher, but when I moved to a new area and was not sure how to look for students and then Tutor hunt proved to be remarkable site to help me in my search. All the students I came across so far have been excellent and I had so many multiple bookings from the same students. Tutor Hunt has worked so well for me that I am definitely going to be there till the time I teach. As an experienced teacher of 20 years, I can say Tutor Hunt website is used by serious teachers and students so no time wasting at all -even to explore the site is very user friendly.I have come across no other tutoring web-site that offers so much detail and support to tutors. So I can say I am very satisfied Tutor of your website. Thanks and keep progressing."
"GOOD SITE AND EASY TO USE. FOUND AN EXCELLENT LOCAL TUTOR (WITH SHORT NOTICE) AFTER REVIEWING ALL MY CHOICES WHO GOT MY SON THROUGH HIS GCSEs."
"I am taking a french course taught by dina who is doing an excellent job . She is very patient and as an older student trying to learn something new believe me it doesn't always go in and stay in . So if we need a few weeks going back over it no problem also if I don't get it but want to move on and come back to it another time fime .I have always been made welcome and have learnt so much and as I grow in confidence am really pleased to have found such a good tutor thank you"
"Excellent and the tutor we found was extremely qualified and suitable for our daughter. Lots of experience in teaching and chose the right style. Very personable and through the safety of tutor hunt we were able to secure a placement with this tutor with confidence."
"Great site, with a quick and simple process to find a tutor, highly recommended!"
"We were in a routine of once weekly tuition then tutor missed a couple of weeks for holidays; then one week we completely forgot about the lesson as my father had been ill. We got a text when we got in - the tutor had called while we were out. She text to say she wanted full payment for tuition and travel even though she didn't wait. I said I would pay her so much but not the full amount, which I thought was fair. She was very annoyed by this and refused to come ever again on the principal. She let my child down."
"My son's tutor is Jason Williamson. He is an excellent history tutor. He help my boy improve his writing skills dramatically. His patience, kindness and high academic skills impress us deeply."
"Tutor hunt helped me find a really good English tutor."
"Excellent tutor and we feel our daughter wouldn't have done as well as she did in her exams without her."
"Found an excellent tutor for my youngest grandson who is taking GCSE in the summer."
"I have written three reviews for this company and particularly my tutor. I refuse to write any more."
"I AM REALLY SATISFIED WITH THE SERVICES OF EVERY THING"
Tutor Hunt is rated 4.42 based on 77 reviews