Travertine Store Reviews

Travertine Store 5 star review on 5th July 2019
Michal O
Travertine Store 5 star review on 12th February 2019
Purchase Price
V happy. Arrived promptly as as described
This company has the most disappointing customer service I have ever come across. The travertine is of the lowest quality and all damaged. Please don't waste £1500 like I just did.
Thank you for your order with us however, we are obviously not pleased with receiving a negative review. Please kindly confirm, if "all tiles" are damaged on the order, why you have not indicated this to the delivery driver at the time of receiving your items as all our orders are shipped in a clear shrink wrapping where all contents of pallets are clearly visible when looking through it. "All damaged tiles" would have been replaced with no quibble and eligible for insurance claim. Just to clarify, you have reported damages today (07/04/2021) at 14:19 with only 2 photos of 2 tiles slightly chipped on 1 corner each, after 2 weeks of delivery of your order. You then informed us that you require a further 8 tiles to complete your installation. As a gesture of goodwill we had agreed on a discount of 30% on your 8 tile order with an offer of arranging a collection from our warehouse. We feel that our approach is quite reasonable and based on your replacement request, tiles were used and you are short of some tiles and looking for free replacement.
There are not many companies on the market you can trust. This one is definitely the one you can rely on; on time delivery, good quality product and great communication. Hence I am very happy with their service and can highly recommend.
So happy with my floor tiles delivery was quick I will be buying more tiles for my walls next thank you 1 tile was cracked but we are using that one for cuts
The tiles I bought from Travertine Store are a perfect match with my existing tiles and they all arrived safely. They were a very reasonable price and can highly recommend this supplier.
The stone received was not even close to the sample .
More it was a wrong stone and they were trying to convince me that I was wrong.
They accept the return,however their return policy and packaging would have costed me more than the tiles itself.so at the end was cheaper for me to dump the tiles in the bin than to send them back and get refund
Dear Customer,

To kindly explain, samples from all natural stone suppliers are sent as to represent the structure of stones and not an actual tone/colour representation, this is because a sample is cut out of 1 tile where an order being received will be many natural stone tiles which vary naturally in tone, therefore it is quite possible that you will receive stones which are not an exact match in colour to the sample. We take shipping photos for ALL our orders being dispatched, 1 before shrink wrapping and 1 when fully ready for shipping. Upon inspecting your shipping photos, it had been determined that you have been sent the correct tiles that you have ordered, we will however always agree on returns if the customers are not fully happy with their orders, on this occasion because the correct item was sent to yourselves as it will be with any natural stone supplier in the industry, we also will not take on any returning charges.
Excellent, tiles delivered on the day, well packaged and tile were true to sample. Sample
Excellent product, good quality, good value, good service, photo to follow
Order, delivery and quality of product were all good. However, on delivery one border piece was missing and one broken, we appreciate these things happen and it wasn’t a problem, we would just get replacements wouldn’t we? When contacted The Travertine Store we were informed that replacements could not be sent as 1m2 was the minimum delivery and they may get broken in transit!? I appreciate you should always add 10% to the order for breakages & mistakes, BUT that is for damage/mistakes made by the fitter not mistakes made by the supplier. If the supplier can send small samples through the post then why can’t small numbers of tiles be sent through the post to replace broken/undelivered tiles?

I think the policy on sending smaller replacement pieces should be re evaluated.
Dear Customer

As always, we are sorry to hear that you have had an issue with your delivery, in such cases where the number of items damaged is so low, it is usually agreed by our customers to simply receive a refund for the items.

We can not simply send actual stock items via Royal Mail or courier services due to fragility of these items. Samples are sent using these services as they won't be used in installations and any damaged samples will not affect the overall project.

If you have further questions, please do not hesitate to contact us.
Excellent quality tiles, really happy! Love the fossils in the limestone. No damages on arrival either. They did not look the same colour as the website which was very off putting but luckily I live around the corner from the warehouse to be able to check and buy a square metres worth. They looked very yellow on the website but we’re actually a lovely neutral ashy colour.
Delivery let it down, was late and also did not have very good lifting equipment for maneuvering. Overall would purchase again!
Travertine Store 4 star review on 21st March 2021 Travertine Store 4 star review on 21st March 2021
Very pleased with the travertine .
The only issue was that the sizes were a little out so was different to keep a pattern a little trimming sorted it.
I accidentally order 4 boxes of tiles rather than 4 tiles. The delivery driver would not take the tiles back and Travertine Store referred me to their terms in their similar refusal to help. I was unable to find a way to return the tiles that was cost effective so now have 44 tiles that I don't need that weight 80 Kg. A sorry tale.
Dear Customer,

Many thanks for your review. As the hauliers are not part of our company, any collections must be arranged beforehand, not during the delivery process. Also the boxes contain heavy & fragile items therefore there is no cost effective way to send them back.
from ordering to completion of order was straightforward and delivery was at the time
the driver stated
aw
Dear Customer,

We appreciate the positive comments, can you kindly revise the stars as it is currently displayed 1 star :)
I purchased a large amount of Travertine and Marble after initially receiving samples. Usually, the samples are not representative, but the tiles that arrived were fantastic. Travertine, and in particular cheaper Travertine, often has a lot of voids, but this stone is very dense with very little filling on the surface - and far cheaper than from many high street shops.

Delivery was great, there was a small delay but I was proactively contacted and kept informed which was a lovely touch - it didn't impact me either as I'd ordered several weeks before the work was being completed.

I'll be returning when having my Kitchen done for some more of the marble.
Can't fault the service. Well packed no damage. Delivered on time.
Top class company, I have used them a few times now and always the best quality and price without any damaged tiles when delivered
Very good service can not fault
The product itself was as advertised. The tiles were sent promptly and in good condition. The haulage service let them down however as their service is poorly prepared for a residential delivery.
Happy with the service provided, however must be a way of bringing down the delivery costs for small orders, delivery cost was more than 3 times the cost of the order!
Ordered ivory travertine based on a sample. What I got was more like orange. I expected colour and pattern variations, but not one of the tiles was the same colour as the sanple
Travertine Store is rated 4.57 based on 529 reviews