Tints of Nature Reviews

4.1
Based on 417 reviews
Read Tints of Nature Reviews

About Tints of Nature:

At Tints of Nature we LOVE making naturally healthier hair colour and care for you, our customers, who are serious about HAPPIER hair and a HAPPIER environment.
With a 20 year heritage, we have always worked hard to produce high performing products that are affordable, ethical and as natural as possible, whilst doing what we can to minimise any negative impact on the environment.

Made with LOVE in the heart of the New Forest, Hampshire in England.

+44 (0)1590 613490

Tints of Nature 5 star review on 27th August 2020
Patti
Tints of Nature 5 star review on 15th June 2020
Kate
I started using color for the first time and I care fully choose this to avoid any reactions, but to my surprise reacted badly on my face as I was using color for my beard only. I am very disappointed with the product. I will never be using this or recommend anyone. however I know that there was a disclaimer saying if you have reactions discontinue and see a doctor. I will now. but every color or meds has that. It wasnt expected from a so called biological product.
Hello, We are very sorry to hear you were not satisfied with your results. Please could you email us at happyhair@tintsofnature.com so we can assist you further. Thank you.
Hi again Anonymous, We really are sorry that you've reacted to our products. Unfortunately, there is no way of making permanent colour 100% natural and even with natural ingredients people can have negative reactions. This is why we recommend a skin sensitivity test before every colour, which would alert you to any possible adverse reactions before you colour. Our colour is incredibly gentle and reactions are unusual. We would recommend you be extremely cautious colouring your hair with any brand moving forward as reactions can get worse over time. If you would like to discuss this further please don't hesitate to get in touch. Many thanks, the Tints of Nature team
My hair was dry and brittle after using this. I had severely matted and tangled hair. Took a long time to comb out. The conditioner packet is too small . It was like a teaspoon of conditioner. That's like enough for my bangs only. Will not buy again. Very upset. It is so damaging. I have so much breakage . My hair looks like trash. I had to cut my long hair into a lob.
Hi again Nat, We'd love to have a chat with you to find out what went wrong with your colour as there is nothing in our colour formulation that would damage your hair. It may be that your hair was coated in silicones and/or product build-up, which can disguise the tell-tale signs of damaged hair. These would have been somewhat removed when you used our Charcoal or Clarify preparation shampoo revealing the 'honest' condition of your hair underneath. We have a wonderful range of highly effective treatments designed to repair hair from the inside out. If you'd like to get in touch we'd love to have a chat to identify which one your hair needs and send it out for you to try ASAP. Many thanks, the Tints of Nature team :)
I have been dyeing my hair hazelnut blonde for two years using another brand but the color fades too quickly. I saw Tints of Nature at a local health food store and decided to try it. I bought the 6N Natural Dark Blonde formula which looked similar in color to my old brand. Even though my old color had faded to a medium blonde, this product dyed my hair DARK BROWN to almost BLACK. The conditioner was thick and lumpy, and not sufficient even to cover my fairly short hair. Maybe I purchased outdated product? To make matters worse, by the time I used the charcoal shampoo and the after-coloring shampoo (shampooing twice each time according to directions), my scalp was very dry and itchy even though I had no reaction to the skin test. The color does seem to be reasonably resistant to fading as I have been using non-color safe shampoo for several washes to lighten the color and it is still darker than I wanted. With my old brand I could color twice with one box. The Tints of Nature is a smaller amount, so there is too much for one application but not enough for two. I probably won't try Tints of Nature again.
Hello, Thank you for taking the time to contact us. I am sorry to hear that you did not see the results we would expect. Please contact the Customer Service Team by emailing happyhair@tintsofnature.com and we will be happy to assist you further.
Hi again Anonymous, We really are sorry to hear that your colour experience with us wasn't great but we'd love to have a chat to see if we can't help you have a fabulous experience next time. There are a number of things that may be at play, which means there are a number of excellent solutions to everything you've mentioned. We'd love to hear from you if you fancy giving us another shot. Many thanks, the Tints of Nature team
This is my favorite natural color product!! Gentle and lovely on my baby fine hair!! I usually use the copper brown, but I think I'm going to try a henna in red!! Getting married soon and I want to try something new! I give this product 5 plus Stars!!
Very good colour use this for 8 years now
Hello, Thank you so much for your lovely review! We are happy to hear that you love using our Colours.
Hello Mrs Offley, Thank you so much for your lovely review! We are very happy to hear that you are enjoying our products and love your hair colour.
You definitely need to use the hydrating conditioner before using this hair colour. It makes all the difference. Without it, the colour didn't cover my grey hair very well but if you condition your scalp & roots first, the coverage is excellent. Absolutely love this colour. Finally something that is strong enough to cover my resistant grey hair but doesn't damage my fine hair or irritate my sensitive skin. I've even started experimenting by mixing some colours & I always get compliments on how natural the colour its. Keep up the great work Tints of Nature.
Hi Christine, thank you so much for taking the time to leave such a lovely review! We are so glad to hear that you are loving Tints of Nature! For future reference, please just be aware that we recommend the Hydrate Treatment as opposed to the Hydrate Conditioner for use before colouring - Hydrate Treatment is designed to soften up grey hairs and make them more receptive to colour, whereas Hydrate Conditioner is designed to seal the cuticles of the hair back down which can actually make it more difficult for the colour to penetrate your hair. - Love, the Tints of Nature team
I love this product! I have used 7N for years which gives a perfect golden brown with natural looking highlights. I have also tried a mix of 8N with 7N to get a blonder shade for the summer. I find the product leaves my hair soft and shiny. Grey coverage is good. Fade occurs gradually and with 7N fades to a more blond highlighted look which I love.
Hello Barb, Thank you so much for your lovely review! We are very happy to hear that you are enjoying our products and love your hair colour.
I love this hair color. Just used it for the 2nd time. This time I used the hydrating treatment beforehand to cover grays and it worked well! Not 100% of grays covered, but about 95%, which is good enough for me since I don't have that many. Definitely got more gray coverage than the 1st time without the hydrating treatment. My hair is super shiny and soft. Good experience with customer service...never received an invoice or tracking number for my order. I emailed them and got a response within 24 hours with the information I needed. The package arrived exactly when. They said it would.
Hi Janelle, Thank you for taking the time to leave your lovely review! We are happy to hear that our Hydrate Treatment has helped with your application. Thank you so much for using our products.
Just used some of my ash blonde 8c with a toothbrush on areas at the front mainly as not too many greys yet luckily and it's a perfect match, such a lovely product to use, so just bought my next box,fingers crossed its taken ok and doesn't wash out but looks good, hoping this will prevent me from bleaching in the near future to hide the greys, simply cos I couldn't get a dark blonde to match they're were all too brassy and red based. would recommend if your a mousy/dirty blonde, worked for me
Hi Angela, thank you for taking the time to leave your lovely review! We are happy to hear that you are loving our Tints of Nature products.
I use the highlighting kit and it works great. It's more natural looking than the standard highlighting kits I used to use from the big brand names. I just mix it and use the provided brush to paint it on wherever I want highlights rather than using the cap. The color is very natural as long as you don't leave it on too long. I'm careful to keep it off my face, neck, and scalp. I wish they would offer it in a form so that you could use a squeeze bottle to apply it. That would make it so much quicker and easier to apply and I would use it more often! My natural color is medium to light brown and I only leave the product on for a short time (basically 5 minutes or less after I finish applying it) so that there is not too much of a contrast, for a more natural look. I also do the lower part of my hair first so it doesn't lighten too much at the top. The color does not wash out and my hair stays healthy and shiny. It takes some practice and is helpful if you have someone to do the back for you if you have long hair. My advice is to experiment with just a little at first for a minimal amount of time and then adjust from there.
Hi Jane, Thank you so much for taking the time to leave such a GREAT review and for your step guide to helping other Tints of Nature users experience the Highlighting kit. We are so glad to hear that you are loving Tints of Nature!! Best wishes & Hope you have a great day!
I got their black semi-permanent color. I have medium brown hair. I followed the instructions—using their pre-treatment shampoo twice. I left in for 40 minutes, the recommendation for gray hair, and it didn't touch my hair color. It all rinsed out. It was a couple hours process, so i was bummed to see it not work. Wouldn't recommend for medium brown hair.
Hello Jake, Thank you for taking the time to contact us. I am sorry to hear that you did not see the results we would expect. Please contact the Customer Service Team by emailing happyhair@tintsofnature.com and we will be happy to assist you further.
According to the company, their N shades {listed below} will cover 100 of grey hair and for this reason I got the 7N {blonde natural} and the 8C {ash blonde.} 'All of the natural shades 1N - 8N will cover 100% of grey hair. If you’re using one of the fashion shades you just need to mix it with the same amount of the natural shade with the same number.' 'The only shade that may not 100% cover all grey is 10N.' I mixed the colours together in a bowl and applied to my hair and left on for 40 minutes. Very disappointing to see that none of my grey had been covered and that the overall colour was brown, so considerably darker than I had expected.
Hi Caroline, thank you for taking the time to leave a review. I am very sorry to hear that you have not achieved your desired result this time, but I can see that you have been in touch via email and a member of the team will be back in contact with you as soon as possible to assist you further with this. Love from the Tints of Nature team.
Terrible! I left it on for an hour. It doesnt work. This product is garbage.
Hello, Thank you for taking the time to contact us. Please contact the Customer Service Team by emailing happyhair@tintsofnature.com and we will be happy to assist further with your colour and offer our advice on how to achieve optimal coverage.
colour very natural and shampoo/conditioner makes hair look healthy and shiny
Hi there, thank you for taking the time to leave your lovelyreview! We are happy to hear that you are loving our Tints of Nature products.
Wow!!!!!! I used black tints of nature semi permanent color. Covered my massive grey's, praise Jesus....have had serious issues with my hair so went several months without coloring it but bam!!!! I followed instructions and greys completely covered!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Hello Helen, thank you so much for taking the time to leave such a lovely review! We are so glad to hear that you are loving Tints of Nature!
I want to try some more natural hair color, so I decided to go with the CN ash dark blonde, let me tell how disappoint I was after washing my hair, didn’t color nothing you can still see all the gray hair, Very sad
Hello Maryana, Thank you for taking the time to contact us. Please contact the Customer Service Team by emailing happyhair@tintsofnature.com and we will be happy to assist further with your colour choice for optimal grey coverage. We do not have a shade called CN in the Tints of Nature Permanent hair colour range so look forward to hearing from you to learn what colour you used.
I would call 4N Natural Medium Brown, Natural Dark Brown. It is not close to the sample on box. There is too much black in it. I will go back to 5R Rich Copper Brown.
Hello, Thank you for taking the time to contact us. Please contact the Customer Service Team by emailing happyhair@tintsofnature.com and we will be happy to assist further. 😃
I have had a horrendous experience trying to order products from this site. I love the products; love, love but can you make it easy to buy them
Hello Sharon, Thank you for taking the time to contact us. Please contact the Customer Service Team by emailing happyhair@tintsofnature.com and we will be happy to assist further.
Stay away!!! I saw this product in my natural grocery store and thought on a whim "It's natural, so I'll give it a try... the worst that can happen is the color will fade." DON'T MAKE MY SAME MISTAKE... I used it a week ago and my hair has been falling out non stop since then!!! I'm heartbroken. After my hair started falling out, I googled it and this product has done this to many other women... it should be illegal!! I frantically emailed the company to ask what I should do and they said I should go to the doctor.. NOT HELPFUL even though I'm sure they have thousands of emails just like mine. Learn from my story and DON'T put this toxic garbage on your head :(
Hi Marie, thank you for taking the time to leave feedback. We take all reports of reactions and sensitivities incredibly seriously and we would urge you to contact the Customer Service team at happyhair@tintsofnature.com so that we can advise you further. However, we are not medical professionals so we would also strongly advise seeking medical advice from your GP or Pharmacist if you are continuing to experience any symptoms.
Totally love this product. My hair is healthier than ever, soft smooth. The permanent color does not wash out but my hair grows faster than ever since using this product.
Hello, thank you so much for taking the time to leave such a lovely review! We are so glad to hear that you are loving Tints of Nature!
Tints of Nature is rated 4.14 based on 417 reviews