The London Mint Office Reviews

Travel
Travel

Tell us how The London Mint Office made you happy

Telephone
"Avoid this company. They send out unwanted coins that have not been ordered and try to intimidate to get the money. They promise to send out packs to return unwanted coins, but they don’t arrive, they pretend that instalments have already been paid and they send out debt literature from the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA). The FCA have confirmed that they are nothing to do with them."
Are you The London Mint Office? No one is perfect. Reply to this negative review and show your potential customers that you value the feedback The London Mint Office receives and that when things do go wrong you do your best to put things right. Reply Free
"Just remember what everyone has ever told you ...NOTHING IS FREE... if you think it is you have a lesson to learn and these guys will teach you"
"after 9 months of phone calls and emails i have had no reply, this company could not track surpossed orders sent via royal mail to my address. now i have had to pay £88 to a debt recovery service for items i had not requested by their subscription service it automatically signs you up to. ADVOID at all costs cause it will cost you"
"I ordered a coin on line and paid via my debit card I received the coin by post, it was advertised at £2.50 in an intro letter, but on line it was priced at £2.95. I paid online now they say they want payment via invoice but I have no invoice to pay with as I already paid why should I need one?"
"Real value or redsel value are 1/10 og the LMO price (Except sone bait advertising) STAY AWAY"
"Received a cointment I hadn't ordered"
"we ordered one coin but recieved 2 and then 4 days later recieve 2 more and have no way of returning them on the paperwork it tells us we have 13 coming now"
"I ordered some coins that I decided to return within the time period and have contacted them via telephone on numerous occasions for a returns label which they said they would send but still have not after weeks. Also emailed their customer care via form on their website but they have failed to even respond. Meanwhile they continue to request payment. Truly abysmal service."
"Just ordered the new flanders coin- Can't wait for it to arrive!!"
"I've been using london mint for year- I've never had an issue, each to their own I guess"
"I recently ordered the WWI coin and it arrived in 5 days! Brilliant service would highly recommend"
"My wife has ordered and receives coins from the London Mint company in the past. She applied for what she thought was a free Battle of the Atlantic silver coin a first in a set which all came in a very fine presentation box. Low and behold it was not free, there was a £20 invoice attached. This company is a direct marketing company and has no link with the Royal Mint and their coins are reproductions. My wife's experience is that she was mislead by the marketing spiel and after reading many reviews it is clear that many more people are mislead into buying coins believing they are getting a good deal and an investment. If you read the reviews you will find many people have had a bad experience, stay clear of this company"
"They dress up gold coins with a fancy box and a fake COA and call them Proof coins..when in fact they are Uncirculated coins made up to be something they are not. They buy them from the Royal Mint with no boxes or paper work, just the coin. Then they dress them up with all their false details. If they were Proof why would you sell them without all the original paper work and boxes from the Royal Mint.? It's a way of misleading the buyer, only the RM can sell them as a Proof coin with all the paper work (COA) and boxes. With the RM paper work it could add at least 30% to the value of the coin. The LM coins (gold) can only be viewed as UNCIRCULATED - NOT PROOF - ONLY A COIN WITH ALL THE PARER WORK FROM THE RM CAN BE CLASSED AS PROOF. BE VERY CAREFUL"
"Was given the normal enticement coin for the Nine decades gloriously accomplished. The rest of the collection 6 coins, cost £32.90each, but the last coin which I had to phone up for (this took a lot of time in its self) only to be told the collection came in stages. The last costing around £395.00 which I was not willing to pay, so I asked to speak to a manager which again was taking forever so I put the phone down. Now I have a collection no use to man nor beast and told I cannot return them. Waste of money, all I've done is line the pockets of those above. Never again."
"Send you coins you don't even order. Even coins you order and pay for they tell you that they haven't received payment. Then you have to WAIT 4-6 WEEKS FOR A CHEQUE FOR A PAYMENT YOU NEW YOU HAD ALREADY MADE. Also you pay £2.50 to return the coins you don't want as it has to be recorded delivery and proof of posting and you cant even claim this back. Scammers worst company I have had the miss fortune of dealing with. Avoid at all costs."
"Recieved my Platinum wedding coin, late, but worthit!"
"Ordered FREE wedding coin, only pay postage, coin came, very good, 2 weeks later invoice for 17.45 absolute scammers scammers and fraudsters, never ever get anything from these charlatans"
"They convinced me to buy a 5 coin set for £4500 when they are available for £1750 from a well known e-market place"
"Incomplete because after 4 months still not received the 4th coin in collection at 1x coin per month......but they told me that the limited edition 5th proof coin must be ordered now due to low availability at £400.....I told them I will not start paying for it until I had received the 4th coin. I was told this would be fine, but after 4 months still not received 4th coin and yet keep getting demands for payment for the 5th coin. I phoned them in November 2017, and although they are very hard to get in contact with by phone finally got to speak to someone, I was told sorry and yes ignore demand letter as it was sent out by computer. December received another demand so tried to phone them on the 6th dec........but you get held in a very long queue...after a while a message comes up saying "we are very sorry but due to high busy calls we are unable to answer but leave your Number and a Agent will get back to you" Know one got back to me. Phoned back on 15th Dec and after a long wait finally got through to someone and had to explain the whole issue again.....was told by a Kyle that he was sorry and would send the 4th coin to the collection and the cert I was missing from the 3rd coin the next morning. Weeks later still nothing. So tried to phone twice more in January 2018 to wait then to hear the same we will ring you back message....but yet again both times no phone call back. Phoned yet again on the 2nd Feb, twice on 5th Feb....finally got through to someone after yet another long wait....by this time I was so angry I told him that I wanted a returns label and return the partial collection as I had had enough.....the gentlemen told me he did not have the authority to send returns label as this had to be the manager, but yes you guessed it the Manager was not there until tomorrow. I was told that a PM evening phonecall would be made to me by the Manager for a chat about my issue....I said to the man "well, will he definitely phone me because you lot are not very reliable at phoning customers back" yes definitely was the answer. But yet again, was let down and no phone call. I have since tried to contact London Mint again at 15.38pm on 8th Feb and again at 17.22pm on 8th but got the same lying bullchit message after a long time holding the line in a queue to we are busy please leave your number and a Agent will get back to you.....we yes you guessed correct again....No one phoned me back. I had this same trouble 6 years ago and dumped my membership because of all the hassle and poor lack of customer care.....cant believe I decided to give them another chance. It certainly is the worse company I have come into contact with (or should I say lack or contact...excuse the Pun) Would certainly not recommend anyone have anything to do with London Mint.....oh and by the way, the payment line you can get straight through to with NO problems, that just about says it all."
"If I could leave 0 stars I would. Absolutely diabolical company, AVOID! August '17 I sent of for the 1/4 sovereign and when it arrived it was so small and definitely not the size you would expect it to be (magnifying glass needed to work out definition). I followed the instructions to return the item and duly received the paperwork to return the it, I completed this and made sure that I obtained proof of postage. I then received numerous letters requesting payment and on each occasion I called them to state that I have returned the item and they always confirm that they have received the item and will ensure that I am no longer troubled by them. I became extremely stressed due to the demanding letters and the extremely frustrating phone calls. The last contact I had with them was in November '17 which yet again confirmed that it would all be dealt with and I would never hear from them again HOORAH! That was true until today. I have received a letter asking payment for the item which I do not have. I have just managed to have another long wait for my call to answered and when it was I had the same old story, they will ensure I am not troubled again. Why would I believe this? I feel sorry for the customer care team because they are just doing their job but they have no authority to cancel the payment requests and can only request those higher up to deal with this. You can not get past this to speak with anyone with the authority to do this. Clearly those with the power need to be fired as they are not doing their job efficiently. I hope and pray that I never hear from this company again!"
The London Mint Office is rated 2.72 based on 99 reviews