The London Mint Office Reviews

The London Mint Office have a Customer Happiness Grade of C. Customers love their customer service but are unhappy with their delivery. Full Insights

45% of reviewers recommend The London Mint Office
11AM
11AM

Categories:
Travel
Travel

Telephone

How would you rate The London Mint Office ?

"Real value or redsel value are 1/10 og the LMO price (Except sone bait advertising) STAY AWAY"
"Received a cointment I hadn't ordered"
"we ordered one coin but recieved 2 and then 4 days later recieve 2 more and have no way of returning them on the paperwork it tells us we have 13 coming now"
"I ordered some coins that I decided to return within the time period and have contacted them via telephone on numerous occasions for a returns label which they said they would send but still have not after weeks. Also emailed their customer care via form on their website but they have failed to even respond. Meanwhile they continue to request payment. Truly abysmal service."
"Just ordered the new flanders coin- Can't wait for it to arrive!!"
"I've been using london mint for year- I've never had an issue, each to their own I guess"
"I recently ordered the WWI coin and it arrived in 5 days! Brilliant service would highly recommend"
"My wife has ordered and receives coins from the London Mint company in the past. She applied for what she thought was a free Battle of the Atlantic silver coin a first in a set which all came in a very fine presentation box. Low and behold it was not free, there was a £20 invoice attached. This company is a direct marketing company and has no link with the Royal Mint and their coins are reproductions. My wife's experience is that she was mislead by the marketing spiel and after reading many reviews it is clear that many more people are mislead into buying coins believing they are getting a good deal and an investment. If you read the reviews you will find many people have had a bad experience, stay clear of this company"
"They dress up gold coins with a fancy box and a fake COA and call them Proof coins..when in fact they are Uncirculated coins made up to be something they are not. They buy them from the Royal Mint with no boxes or paper work, just the coin. Then they dress them up with all their false details. If they were Proof why would you sell them without all the original paper work and boxes from the Royal Mint.? It's a way of misleading the buyer, only the RM can sell them as a Proof coin with all the paper work (COA) and boxes. With the RM paper work it could add at least 30% to the value of the coin. The LM coins (gold) can only be viewed as UNCIRCULATED - NOT PROOF - ONLY A COIN WITH ALL THE PARER WORK FROM THE RM CAN BE CLASSED AS PROOF. BE VERY CAREFUL"
"Was given the normal enticement coin for the Nine decades gloriously accomplished. The rest of the collection 6 coins, cost £32.90each, but the last coin which I had to phone up for (this took a lot of time in its self) only to be told the collection came in stages. The last costing around £395.00 which I was not willing to pay, so I asked to speak to a manager which again was taking forever so I put the phone down. Now I have a collection no use to man nor beast and told I cannot return them. Waste of money, all I've done is line the pockets of those above. Never again."
"Send you coins you don't even order. Even coins you order and pay for they tell you that they haven't received payment. Then you have to WAIT 4-6 WEEKS FOR A CHEQUE FOR A PAYMENT YOU NEW YOU HAD ALREADY MADE. Also you pay £2.50 to return the coins you don't want as it has to be recorded delivery and proof of posting and you cant even claim this back. Scammers worst company I have had the miss fortune of dealing with. Avoid at all costs."
"Recieved my Platinum wedding coin, late, but worthit!"
"Ordered FREE wedding coin, only pay postage, coin came, very good, 2 weeks later invoice for 17.45 absolute scammers scammers and fraudsters, never ever get anything from these charlatans"
"They convinced me to buy a 5 coin set for £4500 when they are available for £1750 from a well known e-market place"
"Incomplete because after 4 months still not received the 4th coin in collection at 1x coin per month......but they told me that the limited edition 5th proof coin must be ordered now due to low availability at £400.....I told them I will not start paying for it until I had received the 4th coin. I was told this would be fine, but after 4 months still not received 4th coin and yet keep getting demands for payment for the 5th coin. I phoned them in November 2017, and although they are very hard to get in contact with by phone finally got to speak to someone, I was told sorry and yes ignore demand letter as it was sent out by computer. December received another demand so tried to phone them on the 6th dec........but you get held in a very long queue...after a while a message comes up saying "we are very sorry but due to high busy calls we are unable to answer but leave your Number and a Agent will get back to you" Know one got back to me. Phoned back on 15th Dec and after a long wait finally got through to someone and had to explain the whole issue again.....was told by a Kyle that he was sorry and would send the 4th coin to the collection and the cert I was missing from the 3rd coin the next morning. Weeks later still nothing. So tried to phone twice more in January 2018 to wait then to hear the same we will ring you back message....but yet again both times no phone call back. Phoned yet again on the 2nd Feb, twice on 5th Feb....finally got through to someone after yet another long wait....by this time I was so angry I told him that I wanted a returns label and return the partial collection as I had had enough.....the gentlemen told me he did not have the authority to send returns label as this had to be the manager, but yes you guessed it the Manager was not there until tomorrow. I was told that a PM evening phonecall would be made to me by the Manager for a chat about my issue....I said to the man "well, will he definitely phone me because you lot are not very reliable at phoning customers back" yes definitely was the answer. But yet again, was let down and no phone call. I have since tried to contact London Mint again at 15.38pm on 8th Feb and again at 17.22pm on 8th but got the same lying bullchit message after a long time holding the line in a queue to we are busy please leave your number and a Agent will get back to you.....we yes you guessed correct again....No one phoned me back. I had this same trouble 6 years ago and dumped my membership because of all the hassle and poor lack of customer care.....cant believe I decided to give them another chance. It certainly is the worse company I have come into contact with (or should I say lack or contact...excuse the Pun) Would certainly not recommend anyone have anything to do with London Mint.....oh and by the way, the payment line you can get straight through to with NO problems, that just about says it all."
"If I could leave 0 stars I would. Absolutely diabolical company, AVOID! August '17 I sent of for the 1/4 sovereign and when it arrived it was so small and definitely not the size you would expect it to be (magnifying glass needed to work out definition). I followed the instructions to return the item and duly received the paperwork to return the it, I completed this and made sure that I obtained proof of postage. I then received numerous letters requesting payment and on each occasion I called them to state that I have returned the item and they always confirm that they have received the item and will ensure that I am no longer troubled by them. I became extremely stressed due to the demanding letters and the extremely frustrating phone calls. The last contact I had with them was in November '17 which yet again confirmed that it would all be dealt with and I would never hear from them again HOORAH! That was true until today. I have received a letter asking payment for the item which I do not have. I have just managed to have another long wait for my call to answered and when it was I had the same old story, they will ensure I am not troubled again. Why would I believe this? I feel sorry for the customer care team because they are just doing their job but they have no authority to cancel the payment requests and can only request those higher up to deal with this. You can not get past this to speak with anyone with the authority to do this. Clearly those with the power need to be fired as they are not doing their job efficiently. I hope and pray that I never hear from this company again!"
"On receipt of the WW1 "Lest we forget " it was rubbish.The coin was on a folder with 8 other empty coin indents[they will be after you to purchase more to fill these] so I returned the coin complete with letter but kept the P.O. receipt [imprtant].I have received several letters demanding payment even though they e-mailed me to say the have received the coin.Do not touch them with a barge pole."
"Excellent service from Richard Edwards."
"I've ordered in November never received my coin"
"I have already put a review on here once but things got worse. I returned an item and they have put it straight back in the post despite my enclosing a letter to say I didn't want it and to refund my money, which they took upfront. I just want to warn people. Do not get talked into buying from these people. I will take them to small claims if they don't give me my money back. This stuff is rubbish if you want to collect genuine items then go to the Royal Mint website. That's what I thought I was looking at. These people should be banned."
The London Mint Office is rated 2.79 based on 95 reviews

Get ready for our phone call!