The London Mint Office Reviews

47% of reviewers recommend The London Mint Office

How would you rate The London Mint Office?

86 reviews
Review and raise up to £2.00
Stuart M

You've raised
£1.26 for charity!

Read & write reviews about The London Mint Office in our app We'll donate to charity for every review written
"Was given the normal enticement coin for the Nine decades gloriously accomplished. The rest of the collection 6 coins, cost £32.90each, but the last coin which I had to phone up for (this took a lot of time in its self) only to be told the collection came in stages. The last costing around £395.00 which I was not willing to pay, so I asked to speak to a manager which again was taking forever so I put the phone down. Now I have a collection no use to man nor beast and told I cannot return them. Waste of money, all I've done is line the pockets of those above. Never again."
"Send you coins you don't even order. Even coins you order and pay for they tell you that they haven't received payment. Then you have to WAIT 4-6 WEEKS FOR A CHEQUE FOR A PAYMENT YOU NEW YOU HAD ALREADY MADE. Also you pay £2.50 to return the coins you don't want as it has to be recorded delivery and proof of posting and you cant even claim this back. Scammers worst company I have had the miss fortune of dealing with. Avoid at all costs."
"Recieved my Platinum wedding coin, late, but worthit!"
"Ordered FREE wedding coin, only pay postage, coin came, very good, 2 weeks later invoice for 17.45 absolute scammers scammers and fraudsters, never ever get anything from these charlatans"
"They convinced me to buy a 5 coin set for £4500 when they are available for £1750 from a well known e-market place"
Darren Burtt
Verified Reviewer
"Incomplete because after 4 months still not received the 4th coin in collection at 1x coin per month......but they told me that the limited edition 5th proof coin must be ordered now due to low availability at £400.....I told them I will not start paying for it until I had received the 4th coin. I was told this would be fine, but after 4 months still not received 4th coin and yet keep getting demands for payment for the 5th coin. I phoned them in November 2017, and although they are very hard to get in contact with by phone finally got to speak to someone, I was told sorry and yes ignore demand letter as it was sent out by computer. December received another demand so tried to phone them on the 6th dec........but you get held in a very long queue...after a while a message comes up saying "we are very sorry but due to high busy calls we are unable to answer but leave your Number and a Agent will get back to you" Know one got back to me. Phoned back on 15th Dec and after a long wait finally got through to someone and had to explain the whole issue again.....was told by a Kyle that he was sorry and would send the 4th coin to the collection and the cert I was missing from the 3rd coin the next morning. Weeks later still nothing. So tried to phone twice more in January 2018 to wait then to hear the same we will ring you back message....but yet again both times no phone call back. Phoned yet again on the 2nd Feb, twice on 5th Feb....finally got through to someone after yet another long wait....by this time I was so angry I told him that I wanted a returns label and return the partial collection as I had had enough.....the gentlemen told me he did not have the authority to send returns label as this had to be the manager, but yes you guessed it the Manager was not there until tomorrow. I was told that a PM evening phonecall would be made to me by the Manager for a chat about my issue....I said to the man "well, will he definitely phone me because you lot are not very reliable at phoning customers back" yes definitely was the answer. But yet again, was let down and no phone call. I have since tried to contact London Mint again at 15.38pm on 8th Feb and again at 17.22pm on 8th but got the same lying bullchit message after a long time holding the line in a queue to we are busy please leave your number and a Agent will get back to you.....we yes you guessed correct again....No one phoned me back. I had this same trouble 6 years ago and dumped my membership because of all the hassle and poor lack of customer care.....cant believe I decided to give them another chance. It certainly is the worse company I have come into contact with (or should I say lack or contact...excuse the Pun) Would certainly not recommend anyone have anything to do with London Mint.....oh and by the way, the payment line you can get straight through to with NO problems, that just about says it all."
"If I could leave 0 stars I would. Absolutely diabolical company, AVOID! August '17 I sent of for the 1/4 sovereign and when it arrived it was so small and definitely not the size you would expect it to be (magnifying glass needed to work out definition). I followed the instructions to return the item and duly received the paperwork to return the it, I completed this and made sure that I obtained proof of postage. I then received numerous letters requesting payment and on each occasion I called them to state that I have returned the item and they always confirm that they have received the item and will ensure that I am no longer troubled by them. I became extremely stressed due to the demanding letters and the extremely frustrating phone calls. The last contact I had with them was in November '17 which yet again confirmed that it would all be dealt with and I would never hear from them again HOORAH! That was true until today. I have received a letter asking payment for the item which I do not have. I have just managed to have another long wait for my call to answered and when it was I had the same old story, they will ensure I am not troubled again. Why would I believe this? I feel sorry for the customer care team because they are just doing their job but they have no authority to cancel the payment requests and can only request those higher up to deal with this. You can not get past this to speak with anyone with the authority to do this. Clearly those with the power need to be fired as they are not doing their job efficiently. I hope and pray that I never hear from this company again!"
"On receipt of the WW1 "Lest we forget " it was rubbish.The coin was on a folder with 8 other empty coin indents[they will be after you to purchase more to fill these] so I returned the coin complete with letter but kept the P.O. receipt [imprtant].I have received several letters demanding payment even though they e-mailed me to say the have received the coin.Do not touch them with a barge pole."
"Excellent service from Richard Edwards."
"I've ordered in November never received my coin"
"I have already put a review on here once but things got worse. I returned an item and they have put it straight back in the post despite my enclosing a letter to say I didn't want it and to refund my money, which they took upfront. I just want to warn people. Do not get talked into buying from these people. I will take them to small claims if they don't give me my money back. This stuff is rubbish if you want to collect genuine items then go to the Royal Mint website. That's what I thought I was looking at. These people should be banned."
"the coins are worthless and the policy of the company is to trap everyone into a monthly subscription without consent and then never provide refunds !!!"
"Ordered the free wedding coin- Took a few weeks to arrive, came in a nice presentation case too!"
"I am so glad I read these reviews . I had no idea these people were not the actual official mint. They should not be allowed to masquerade as the real McCoy. I have just cancelled my card so they can’t take any more money. Nice items but not real and not an investment. I have wasted a couple of hundred pounds but probably saved thousands because I googled."
"My girlfriend purchased winston churchill inspiration to a nation set. Appon arrival nice package nice box nice holder for 5 coins but folder only contains 1 coin arrived. Was ment to be a set of 5. We purchased the rose gold layeres struck in solid bronze We was informed that only 9,999 exsit in the world and they are a brand new coin collection. We ordered with carries a unique edition number on its edge as proof of its limitied addition. Inside the folder contains a certifcation of coin specifications to find it states again only 9,999 exsist. Future investigation shows this coin was released in 2015. So the paper work that came with the coin states its a brand new coin is also lies. Once inspecting the coin and finding its unique number i was shocked to find the coin number was actually alot more than the website the paperwork and the ceritificate states, my number coin is 45213/49999 so really means the authentisity of there coins are nothing but fakes. so to my shock and anger i phoned them. I was put through to a manager called Richard Edwards. Who informed me that it should of been a set that there was only 9,999 made. He seemed confused and outstanded when i informed him that my coin was number 45213. He said he needed to speak with someone in the warehouse. After a few min wait. He informed me at 11am in the morning. He would get to the bottom of the problem and informed me he would help me get the rest of the collection. He promised he would phone me by 5pm that same day. That phone call never happened i called his direct number back the next day leaving a message twice once in morning and once in evening. Heard nothing. 3 days on ive still not heard nothing i call the london mints main line put through on automated services and no one ever picks up it ring out and puts me through to a voicemail which no one replies again. I would not reccomed buying any coins from The london Mint office. Service is terrible. Advertisement is all fake. Certifcation on there coins mean nothing. Not worth the money go to royal mail and purchase from the royal mint. Its just a con otherwise. Now vaule to the coin at all. Lucky we didnt spent to much. I am now questioning the authenticity of the metals themselves. I will have this coin investiaged. And comment in the future."
"Total scam, worthless reproduction coins. Even have the ‘royal’ correspondent to con you on adverts that this is somehow legitimate. The ROYAL mint is NOT in London, how clear can you be?"
"I was offered the World War One coins, I thought this would be a great gift for my wife who had lost her grandfathers war medals. After accepting the first coin “Ypres” I received a call from London Mint asking me if I would be interested in buying the other coins at £32.90 each, which I agreed too. I am awaiting the last coin, but today received a call from London Mint asking me if I wished to purchase the last of these coins for just under £400 as it was a gold coin. I feel I have been mislead and held to ransom by London Mint, I feels completely let down by London Mint and would suggest to any potential buyers, be aware of the scam which could Alain con you. Very disappointed, I will also let people know on social media and where ever I can. I will not use this company again😡😡😡"
"Ok....so, I am a genuine customer, and it is my first time using the company following their recent tv advertising campaign, and period of Remembrance. I ordered the 'free' Battle of Ypres Coin via their website. The process to get to the 'free' Coin, and to get to the point of purchase was very frustrating, as it is clearly designed to tempt and persuade the viewer/customer to purchase many other items that are not free, on the way. The 'free' Coin is the 'hook' to get you to the site, which I get, and although frustrating, I understand they are in it to make as much profit as they can.....The greater number of 'free' coins that can be turned into additional purchases at the time, as well as generating future sales, the better for them. So, as the saying goes you don't get anything for free. If the worst you have to go through is working your way through the maze of offers in order to get to purchase the 'free' Coin, then I think it is actually a fair, understandable negotiated transaction. I knew from the outset that I only wanted the 'free' Coin, and although the offers are very tempting, I stuck to my guns (no pun intended) and got through to the end, at which point I processed the payment for P&P, unticked/ ticked any boxes in order to avoid (hopefully!) any future offers, info or email subscription etc. Ok, still with me, I hope!? So.....I received the coin after only a couple of weeks. The first thing that surprised me initially, and then caused some confusion, as well as scepticism, was how the Coin arrived. I assumed, having ordered the 'free' Coin, and only that, I would receive just the Coin in a small plastic cover (how you used to get 'one off' Collectable coins back in the day)., but it came well packaged, and supplied in a really very nicely designed cardboard pack, with archive pictures, and lots of information relating to the subject matter. The 'free' Coin sits within a plastic surround, at the top of the pack, with 4 empty plastic holders for other Coins to be added. Ever the sceptic.....I thought 'ok so clearly they want me to buy the rest'. Initially I left it, thinking I knew I hadn't signed up to anything extra, but soon started to wonder if I had missed 'the catch', and so I decided to reseach reviews. There is a lot of paperwork/ offers sent with the 'free' Coin and pack, which after reading several times, left me confused and unsure, if I was being conned into being sent and or committed to purchasing the 'other' Coins. So.....now the important bit, for anyone in my position, and possibly confused, worried etc after reading all the 'it's a scam' reviews, and worrying stories of being sent unwanted coins and or charged for them etc. I decided to ring the company's Customer Service Team, which is provided as part of the pack/ paperwork provided. I got through on the number straight away, and was held as the only caller in line for a couple of minutes. I spoke directly with Aled, who confirmed my name and address, before confirming my order at their end. I was pretty blunt and avised that I was calling as a customer who had only wanted the 'free' Coin from the outset, with no desire to receive and or purchase any others in the collection, or any others available from the company. I said that I had read a lot negative reviews accusing the company of scamming, effectively conning people into being sent further coins and or being made to purchase coins they didn't want or expected to receive......Aled confirmed with me straight away that he could see that I had not assigned up to, or for, anything else other than the 'free' Coin and that that was all I would be receiving. He assurred me that all the paperwork and offers sent with the pack were only offers, which I had the choice of either ignoring or buying, confirming that nothing would be assumed on their part, and that I would not be sent anything further, no random coins, or coins in the same collection. He went on to guarantee and assure me, that if I make no further contact with them I will receive 'nothing' further from them. Again, being a sceptic, I laboured the point, and each time Aled continued to assure me, and confirm the advice heof had given. Now......as they say, 'the proof will be in the eating', so we shall see if this is to be the case. I will follow up on this review to either increase the star rating because it was, and is ligit......or decrease the stars and inform, if it is all rubbish and a con.....I do hope it is not the latter! In summary, for now the 'jury is out' but what I would say, is if you are in 'any' doubt or are confused, don't just hope for the best and ring them directly to discuss, challenge and or confirm what you want and expect......The free phone number for their Customer Care Team is 08081782373 James S. Ulster"
"Awful service. Ordered two coins which i paid for. They then sent unwanted coin valuing £32.90 despite being advised not to send anymore. Returned coin and then received final demand letters threatening legal action. I would strongly advise not using this company. We have had nothing but hassle from day one."
"Fake scam company - masquerading as the ROYAL MINT. Nothing official about them, just a private company making absolutely worthless coins to sell to vulnerable old, sentimental, overly patriotic Britons. Once you're on their list they will send you more junk coins, unsolicited, and then demand £50 each time. Just look at the low class scumbags on the adverts, pretending to be upper class. They're all just conmen and they're even giving fake 5* reviews on here. Avoid."
The London Mint Office is rated 2.85 based on 86 reviews