TEFL UK Reviews

91% of reviewers recommend TEFL UK

Tell us how TEFL UK made you happy

Fiona Redfern Pattison
"A thorough yet accessible course with so much useful information. I’d recommend it without hesitation. Lots of detailed points that as a qualified teacher still made me really think about and empathise with ESL students. Thank you to the staff for their help and support"
Emma Sarah Muse
"I found this course interesting and motivating! Iìm very pleased with my achievement! I have been given the skills I needed to pursue my dream job, teaching English! Thank you TEFL UK."
Zhou Rui
"This course is easy to learn. It Can help you get the gist of English teaching and learning either."
"I looked forward to engaging other cultures through TEFL and gaining more skills particularly social, presenting with confidence and interpersonal skills other than sharing English. My experience thus far is, if an applicant does not have a passport from Canada, USA, United Kingdom, Ireland, South Africa, Australia or New Zealand you are automatically rejected as an applicant for any and many English teaching jobs. I am from Saint Lucia (the Caribbean), resident in Saint Lucia. Even while in England, I was automatically rejected from many opportunities to broaden my horizons while simultaneously sharing. Taking up this course has been nothing but a waste of time, energy, effort and money."
"I recognised it would be much easier for me to get an English teaching job if I was TEFL certified. There are a lot of TEFL certificate programs out there, but the one that I always recommend to teachers looking to teach overseas is the TEFL certification through TEFL UK . Unlike many TEFL programs out there, TEFL UK is internationally-recognized and accredited. This means that the teacher training will be recognized around the world. This is very important as there are several TEFL programs that are NOT recognized. As a hiring agent, I know that when an applicant has a qualification like TEFL UK certification, they are likely going to be hired faster. In addition, I always recommend to teachers looking to valuable Teaching English course. You can get your benefits from TEFL UK. Thanks Lisa Davies, Program admission officer for your SMART communication."
"Easy to follow and complete!"
"While a relatively short course, it is packed with great info for new teachers!"
"TEFL UK helped me to achieve my goal of teaching overseas in a swift and easily understandable manner! They were recommended by my agency company and I was pleased with their pricing as well."
"A hassle-free and high quality course that is recommended for aspiring English teachers."
"I enjoyed the course, and t was interesting to go over English and Grammar previously learned. It has enabled me to become a teacher of English online, and I am currently earning a very good income. I would recommend the course to anyone thinking about teaching English to foreign students."
"While it was an okay introduction to some teaching practices, overall the 150 hour course from TEFL UK failed to meet my hopes. Reading through all of the modules and watching all of the videos, I finished the course in less than a tenth of the 150 hours with 100% on every test. While I understand that this may take longer for people without a background in teaching, it was a bit of a letdown for me (although it is an easy way to get the certification if that's all someone is aiming for). An even bigger concern I have is the lack of editing. For a course aimed at teaching English teachers to be better teachers, typos and grammatical mistakes should be unacceptable. The worst errors came in the unit regarding phonetics. It is clear that whoever wrote the material is not very familiar with phonetics. Two examples that I can remember off the top of my head: The explanation of dipthongs mislabels the compound vowel of the word "so", and AmericA is given as a double example for œ̝ː, which it is not. If you are interested in a proofreader, please contact me. My email address is zpatzig@gmail.com"
"I am happy that I decided to take this course. The website is easy to use and the especially love the lesson plan chapter. I am waiting for the hard copy of the certificate to arrive."
"Rate : 7 Out of 10 It seems the qualification itself cannot help but coming from certain countries and being English Native Speaker does. Hence advertising it or makerting the programme to friends and relatives cannot help. Many people are interested to join and do the TEFL but it leaves a lot to be desired when the job market is only for Native Speakers and any others who have got nothing but come from certain countries. Yet teaching a language has nothing to do with being a Native Speaker. It is a good well structured programme for training teachers ."
"Very helpful class. I have already been teaching in Korea for 4 years, and I learned how to better plan and lead my classes."
"Course quality is acceptable for the content and cost but some additional supplementary materials such as videos would be more engaging and thus beneficial. Overall the Teaching Practicum is a good idea, although it may be difficult for some to find a place to get experience"
"I found the service to be quick, but also highly educational. An excellent preparatory experience at an affordable price, I will definitely recommend it to any other aspiring teachers."
"It's it the highest quality program geared towards teaching professionals. There is a plethora of solid information in this course."
"It was a useful course and it helped me learn many things you tend to forget or not consciously remember to use and understand as a native speaker! However, there were a quite a few spelling mistakes throughout which could easily be changed!"
"Compact and informative."
"This course was a great addition to my TEFL 150 hour course I had previously obtained. It was easy to follow with clear information and covered many different areas, which tended to answer any questions I had whilst completing the course. The topics themselves were split into easy to manage chunks so you didn't have to do loads all at once, and it was easy to navigate around the site itself and pick up from where you left off. Would recommend :)"
"The course was easy to understand, with everything laid out in a simple, but informative way"
"It was a helpful experience; I'm currently in China, thanks to TEFL UK. The lessons were expanded, the video,'s were clear, and the multiple-choice questions were extra training if you had any problems regarding a subject. But in general, it got explained perfect."
"The website was very easy to navigate, which was one of my concerns before starting the course. The information given was accurate, with the exception of a few grammar mistakes (There were sometimes no spaces between words, or similar typos). A lot of the information I had learned prior to the course, but was a great refresher for me. The last few modules were completely new to me, and I learned a lot from them too. Overall, the course was easy to navigate, the information was accurate and easy to revise, and the formatting of the course was efficient. I would definitely recommend TEFL UK to other learners."
TEFL UK is rated 4.53 based on 247 reviews