Sonarworks Reviews

92% of reviewers recommend Sonarworks

About Sonarworks: A perfect storm of acoustic know-how and passion for good sound became the software that's currently transforming sound monitoring.

Jeffrey King
Jeffrey King
Verified Buyer
"As an owner of iK multimedia's ARC II speaker calibration, I was curious as to how the two systems compared. First off, the Systemwide feature of Sonarworks makes it the winner - period. The abililty to apply the speaker correction pretty much anywhere in your system , not just in your DAW, makes it incredibly useful - for watching Youtube or listening to iTunes. The ease of the calibration is another winner - much, much easier than the ARC. And it sounds good. I feel I can trust this calibration more than the ARC. I have been a fairly longtime user of Sonarworks' headphone calibration system (I own a pair of calibrated Sennheiser 650s), and I like that now I have my headphone and speaker calibrations in one place. Prior to Systemwide, I had one monitoring chain setup up with the the ARC and one with the Sonarworks - which was a pain. So, I would highly recommend this software. I would also recommend that you acoustically treat your room as best you can first, to lessen the effects of reflective phase problems."
Jose Vallenotti
Jose Vallenotti
Verified Buyer
"antes usaba un driver rack y Smaart para el ajuste de mis monitores, ahora es mucho mas fácil y practico con sonarworks, aporta una gran mejora, es más preciso para mi poder colocar filtros de ecualizacion en mis mezclas ahora, es un software que estoy seguro que va a mejorar muchísimo, se que puede aportar mejoras. apenas es el comienzo."
John Forbes
John Forbes
Verified Buyer
"Been using Reference 4 with Shure 840 headphones. Mind blowing difference in mixing. I'm super happy with the product."
Pablo Graglia
Verified Buyer
"Es increíble el cambio en mi estudio, tengo un estudio casero de 3x3 metros, con muy poco tratamiento acústico, tenia muchos problemas en los 120hrz y lo corrigió perfectamente, ademas mis parlantes ahora suenan mucho mejor. El sonido de toda la sala ahora es increíble. Es posiblemente de las mejores inversiónes en casi 20 años de haciendo y tocando música. La calibración es muy simple ademas de divertida! Muchas Gracias!"
"The end result has been amazing on the two listening rigs I set up. I found the calibration process to be a bit buggy at times. There were a number of instances where I found myself having to restart the entire process simply because the software wasn't responding properly. However, after enough trial and error, it was successful and the end result has been great!"
Steve Tichenor
Verified Buyer
"I guess since it only costs $20 to upgrade, I'm not too upset, but I am very disappointed in the systemwide feature. I was hoping it would be a set and forget feature, but it seems that I have to manage it constantly. The absolute worse part was when I was recording a DI guitar part, I got this very loud feedback. Not sure why it happened, but I was very concerned that I had blown my monitor speakers. Fortunately, they were all right, but I am reluctant to use systemwide again. I just went back to inserting the plugin on the 2bus."
Ben McClure
Verified Buyer
"The quality of Reference 4 is outstanding. The price isn't cheap, but the value provided makes it worth every penny. Speakers or headphones of basically any quality can provide accurate studio monitoring using Sonarworks Reference 4."
Eric Marquez
Verified Buyer
"It helped with my mixing. I'm able to tell a huge difference from my mixing before and after using sonarworks headphone plugin."
Iván Díaz
Verified Buyer
"Trabajo con la seguridad de que mis mezclas llegan a donde yo quiero"
"It’s made a considerable difference to the performance of my monitors and headphones but cost a lot less than the serious upgrade to both would have cost. It has also corrected issues that no monitors could improve in my room. It has also closed the gap when working between monitors and headphones making my results more consistent. I wish this had existed when I first started mixing, would have save me a lot of time."
Stewart Crowther
Verified Buyer
"Improves my Ultrasone. Do not like it with my Sennheiser HD800S. Interface is poor and the app quits often when used with Audirvana. Need DSD support. The app's success depends on its list of supported headphones."
"I can mix with more confidence in the sound I'm getting. Also, with the SystemWide App I now listen to everything in my computer and music sounds sooo good!"
"it works awesome with my ath m50x. just with my sennheiser game one was supported! At one point it took over my speakers and made them way too loud. this broke on of my laptop speakers."
David Seehawer
Verified Buyer
"Hi I just got my new ATH-MX50x and AKG-K240 Studio headphones. I have to say the Sonarworks Headphone Reference system does a good job on both. I think it will get my mixes to interpolate much better out in the real world. I have not had much time testing them out yet, but what I hear I like so fare. If you would like to speed up your mix downs, this would be the way to go. Thank You Sonarworks for the nice App... Dave...."
Stephan Sulke
Verified Buyer
"I couldn’t mix without reference 4 anymore. I used to wonder: “are the speakers telling me the truth?” (or the cans for that matter). Now the answer is: “yes!!” Thank you Sonarworks"
Ashton Thebault
Verified Buyer
"Really increased the accuracy and range of my Sennheiser HD 650 headphones. There is more low-end and more top, along with a slight reduction in the mid range. The result is a much more balanced and even sound that makes it much easier for me to hear everything that's going on in a mix."
"Improves the sound and give me a better experience"
Terence Jones
Verified Buyer
"After trying the demo version of Reference 3 for headphones some times ago and being delighted with the results I decided i needed to try and buy the full version as soon as financially possible. Luckily the recent sale at Sonarworks coincided with my beginning work on a new film soundtrack so i was in the perfect position to invest in the latest version of the plugin. I'm looking forward to doing many more mixes using this great piece of software and have total confidence the results will be worth the time and effort spent on them."
"Initially I didn't hear any difference but now I see that my mixes are coming out better."
"Sonarworks software is the most cost effective improvement in my listening experience I have ever made. I don't know if it is the tuning of the headphones, or the listener age progression (I am over 65) but using the Sonarworks software has allowed me to hear the sound I have been chasing with my system. The highs are now fully present - and crystal clear. The lows are extended and perfectly blended with the other frequency ranges. I can't thank you enough for this product. I could have spent thousands of dollars and not achieved what your software has done for me."
Prandi Simone
Verified Buyer
"finally I can work in different studios with different device with my personal headphones and Sonarworks and have always the same sound!"
Wim Vanheede
Verified Buyer
"I own a Sony MDR-XB950BT and the sound coming from my PC through bluetooth is awesome. Just what I expected. Basically, the software creates a virtual audio device through which it applies the sound profile made for my headset. Recommended if u own a headset that's listed by True-Fi . Hoping for an android version."
Henri Verbeeck
Verified Buyer
"A word from an older professional sound-engineer: I work a while with Headphone and System Wide and I must say, it's like a bright light in the dark. I'm used of it to work with a studio headphone. I tried other systems before but this is the best, the very best in my opinion. Bought now Studio 4 because...new house , new studio in 2 month's. Even on my age I'm very exited to hear the results with monitors. THX to Sonarworks..."
Sonarworks is rated 4.65 based on 502 reviews