Sonarworks Reviews

92% of reviewers recommend Sonarworks

About Sonarworks: A perfect storm of acoustic know-how and passion for good sound became the software that's currently transforming sound monitoring.

Postal Service, Courier, Own Driver
6 - 12 Hours
Chayan Sanchez
"Excellent solution for monitoring and postproduction using headphones."
Gareth Jones
"Great work smoothing out theBottom end on my room/monitor setup. Thanks!"
Jeffrey King
"As an owner of iK multimedia's ARC II speaker calibration, I was curious as to how the two systems compared. First off, the Systemwide feature of Sonarworks makes it the winner - period. The abililty to apply the speaker correction pretty much anywhere in your system , not just in your DAW, makes it incredibly useful - for watching Youtube or listening to iTunes. The ease of the calibration is another winner - much, much easier than the ARC. And it sounds good. I feel I can trust this calibration more than the ARC. I have been a fairly longtime user of Sonarworks' headphone calibration system (I own a pair of calibrated Sennheiser 650s), and I like that now I have my headphone and speaker calibrations in one place. Prior to Systemwide, I had one monitoring chain setup up with the the ARC and one with the Sonarworks - which was a pain. So, I would highly recommend this software. I would also recommend that you acoustically treat your room as best you can first, to lessen the effects of reflective phase problems."
"I have been using Sonarworks and just love it!!! MIXING on headphones or speakers has become much less tiring because I now know they are both completely FLAT. Less searching around and popping back and forth to listen to my Mixes on different devices. They now sound better than ever on all devices when using Sonarworks. Just remember to ALWAYS disable Sonarworks when you mix down. Otherwise you will have a really weird sounding mix. Just a detail which Sonarworks also mentions in their guideline! Conclusion: buy it , use it - you'll be amazed. Songwriter Till"
"Rubbish, made it even less ideal to hear low end and is just a gimmick. Get to know your environment whatever that may be, and stick to it. Much better results than using this rubbish"
"Brilliant software. I do not like that it resets every time I start my computer so I have to constantly go through a lot of steps to choose the right audio driver. It should just be default to that and remember the settings. Besides that I love it and use it all the time!"
"Software/plugin seems to work pretty well. I admit I am not a professional mixer, but after using it almost exclusively for a mix I was working on, it seems to get me a lot closer to where I want to be when I check it on other devices (larger monitors, native computer speakers). I do still find myself tweaking after checking the mix against those other devices, as certain things sound louder/softer/further away/closer in the headphones vs. monitors, but Reference 4 seems to get me much closer. Different headphones also make a difference as I have two models they make a preset 4 and have tried them both and they don't sound the same even with the plugin/correction applied."
"Using the sonarworks has really sped up my mixing. The calibration for my Adam a7x has allowed me to hear from a trusted 2nd perspective. The headphone calibration has also turned my ATH m50x into flat versions of themselves! Before anyone goes and gets a 2nd set of monitors/headphones, definitely consider the sonarworks."
"Unfortunately vital and necessary"
"I’ll take the “less is more” approach to this review: You need this software."
"Amazing correction, could not be without it now!"
"Outstanding, - An engineer friend of mine pointed me towards this. Did not belief that a "Room EQ" would be such a game changer. Fixed mismatched speakers, EQ, levels and phase. De-clutters the entire low end so now I can hear what the mix actually sound like."
"Made a huge difference and I'm able to make better decisions on mixing the low end."
"In first place it doesn't seem to be so impressive - till you bypass it. Then you immediately hear how weird - so to speak - even a good headphone sounds. Handling is good so far. What I can imagine as step further: Rather than only correction headphones frequency response give us also a simulated "crosstalk", so stereo imagine on the headphone is identical (at least similar) to listening on a set of speakers."
"Awesome plugin. Helps a lot as additional monitoring for mixing & mastering. I am glad that such a product at this time can help to mix faster,quality and effectively at a professional level."
"Purchased the Headphone version after using the free demo. Wow! Makes my K240S phones much more useable for mixing duty. Great product!"
"The product itself is absolutely great. I use the headphone version since V.3. And that is exactly the point why I only give an "acceptable" rating... Why the upgrade V3 to V4 is charged ? There is nothing new for the "headphone version" users."
"I rarely write reviews but I would like to acknowledge Sonarworks quality customer service. Thanks again"
"Game changer"
"Definitely makes a huge difference when mixing with headphones and is noticeable when playing mastered projects on various sources. Has made me consider buying the speaker calibration pack when there's a sale on."
"I currently have no option but to mix using headphones. Sonarworks Reference 4 is an invaluable aid to making sure that, when I mix, I am not lulled into a false sense of security by the frequency responses of the headphones. I would recommend it to anyone involved in mixing music."
"I bought a new desktop computer to replaced the old one I have. My question is it possible for me to download the apps. to my new computer and if so, how am I going to do it. My apologies since I am not savy with the computer. I'll appreciate if you can reply with my question. Thanks."
"I was skeptical at first, but after doing 3 mixes on it I couldn't believe how well the mixes translated to other systems."
Sonarworks is rated 4.63 based on 757 reviews