Sonarworks Reviews

92% of reviewers recommend Sonarworks

About Sonarworks: A perfect storm of acoustic know-how and passion for good sound became the software that's currently transforming sound monitoring.

Jeffrey King
Jeffrey King
Verified Buyer
"As an owner of iK multimedia's ARC II speaker calibration, I was curious as to how the two systems compared. First off, the Systemwide feature of Sonarworks makes it the winner - period. The abililty to apply the speaker correction pretty much anywhere in your system , not just in your DAW, makes it incredibly useful - for watching Youtube or listening to iTunes. The ease of the calibration is another winner - much, much easier than the ARC. And it sounds good. I feel I can trust this calibration more than the ARC. I have been a fairly longtime user of Sonarworks' headphone calibration system (I own a pair of calibrated Sennheiser 650s), and I like that now I have my headphone and speaker calibrations in one place. Prior to Systemwide, I had one monitoring chain setup up with the the ARC and one with the Sonarworks - which was a pain. So, I would highly recommend this software. I would also recommend that you acoustically treat your room as best you can first, to lessen the effects of reflective phase problems."
Jose Vallenotti
Jose Vallenotti
Verified Buyer
"antes usaba un driver rack y Smaart para el ajuste de mis monitores, ahora es mucho mas fácil y practico con sonarworks, aporta una gran mejora, es más preciso para mi poder colocar filtros de ecualizacion en mis mezclas ahora, es un software que estoy seguro que va a mejorar muchísimo, se que puede aportar mejoras. apenas es el comienzo."
John Forbes
John Forbes
Verified Buyer
"Been using Reference 4 with Shure 840 headphones. Mind blowing difference in mixing. I'm super happy with the product."
"there doesn't seem to be enough support for how to use the product. there is plenty for how to install it but no videos on how to actually use it in the DAW which is a shame cos i don't know if i'm putting the right settings to get the best out of the product. personally feel this component needs a lot of work."
Cade Anderson
Verified Buyer
"I work with Dub FX and he introduced me to Sonarworks. Best thing I ever did was tune my room with it. The difference is night and day. I'm not being paid to say this. If you are serious about music and want to take it up a notch don't think about it. I have heard it on my 3k speakers and Dub's 15k speakers both equally impressive results. Thank you, we love you!"
Matthias Soares
Verified Buyer
"well, well, very impressive!!!"
"I like the freq response it gives, but I don't like the fact that it doesn't level match output."
Alejandro Canosa
Verified Buyer
"What an amazing piece of software. As a producer, makes your life really easier. Been using Sonarworks headphone with almost every headphones I already had (Sennheiser HD 650, 202, 280 pro, and Shure's Se-215) and while each of them remained within its confines, Sonarworks levels theirs sound signature and eq, allowing you to work effortesly between them. And every mix translated better to every other system."
Eldar Ibrahimovic
Verified Buyer
"Very good sound referencing. It improved my mastering so much. I have to redo my last few albums. :)"
"It does what it says it does."
Carlos Sala Zamarbide
Verified Buyer
"To be honest not big changes from what I had before installing SonarWorks, when I do the bypass you feel almost no difference. My time to try the purchase has passed so there is not much I can do. Regards."
Nikita Osetskiy
Verified Buyer
"Finally, Reference solves every small issue of truly placed great speakers into the great room. You can't imagine more linear soundsystem, than build in collaboration with Sonarworks. And its so simple, fast, accurate and effective. Forget about any kind of DIY-measurement."
"Helped a lot with composing mixing and mastering my tracks and soon I will be getting the microphone to calibrate my room as well."
Dino Pacariz
Verified Buyer
"Because of Sonarworks, my headphones don’t lie no more."
"It all started with a trip to India - you see, I was going to spend 2 months backpacking around the country and it occurred to me that I couldn't drag my Genelec 8020s (5/5 stars) around with me. So I started shopping for reference headphones and I finally settled on a pair of Audio Technica ATH-R70Xs (4.8/5 stars) because the carbon fiber seemed the best bet to withstand the stresses of life on the road. There was one issue: I would mix on R70Xs and then check my mixes on the Genelecs. The mixes weren't translating and the amount of corrections I had to go though felt like I was doing the same amount of work twice . I was frustrated - I had bought these headphones so that I could mix on-the-go and now I was finding that I wasn't able to. That's when I found out about the Sonarworks Reference plugin from a Warp Academy (4.5/5 stars) video. I downloaded the trial, honestly not expecting much, and as soon as I added the plugin and selected the average profile for my headphones it was like BOOM - I could hear EVERYTHING with such clarity and precision it was hard to believe it was the same headphones - THIS was what I had bought them for. So I got to work mixing and then checked on the Genelecs - there was very little that needed correcting. I couldn't believe that I was able to nail my low end in headphones! Now I'm a Reference 4 evangelist preaching the good news to every music producer and mobile mix engineer I come across. I'll definitely be sending my headphones to their lab for analysis - it's clear to me that once I have a custom profile for these particular headphones I won't need to check my mixes on the Genelecs for errors, just for space. I'll personally be buying all my future headphones directly from Sonarworks because those custom profiles are GOLD. Long story short: If you want reference quality audio from your reference headphones - get Sonarworks Reference 4 headphone edition (5.5/5 stars!). If you are currently shopping for headphones then make your life easy and buy them directly from Sonarworks with a custom profile. If you have your headphones and the software already make sure to send them in for analysis for a custom profile, you'll get the absolute BEST performance possible from them. I can't recommend this enough - I'm very very happy with the results. - Brett Merrill, Enter the Actual"
Lincoln Allen
Verified Buyer
"I can now trust what I hear. Thank you!"
"Took my Sennheiser HD6xx to another level with additional clarity and wider soundstage"
Denis Kasatkin
Verified Buyer
"Love this plugin, finally, i've got a real sound from my headphones."
Paul Roach
Verified Buyer
"Excellent sound quality improvement. Very happy!"
"Great program! I mainly mix with headphones (Beyerdynamic 990 pros) do to small living space at the moment, and this program makes it much more efficient for me! It's great that the program runs your whole sound card through its system, rather than only in my DAW, so even watching a youtube video is corrected for my headphones."
Nordine Bachiri
Verified Buyer
"Magical, can't live without now!! My Audiofly sounds perfect, more open and accurate. I was skeptical about IEM calibration but it works! Now i can easily mix and produce on the go."
Roy Gertel
Verified Buyer
"Sonarworks products are of great value, especially to the small studio producer. A must for everyone in the music field !"
David Forseth