Sonarworks Reviews

93% of reviewers recommend Sonarworks

About Sonarworks: A perfect storm of acoustic know-how and passion for good sound became the software that's currently transforming sound monitoring.

Chayan Sanchez
"Excellent solution for monitoring and postproduction using headphones."
Gareth Jones
"Great work smoothing out theBottom end on my room/monitor setup. Thanks!"
Jeffrey King
"As an owner of iK multimedia's ARC II speaker calibration, I was curious as to how the two systems compared. First off, the Systemwide feature of Sonarworks makes it the winner - period. The abililty to apply the speaker correction pretty much anywhere in your system , not just in your DAW, makes it incredibly useful - for watching Youtube or listening to iTunes. The ease of the calibration is another winner - much, much easier than the ARC. And it sounds good. I feel I can trust this calibration more than the ARC. I have been a fairly longtime user of Sonarworks' headphone calibration system (I own a pair of calibrated Sennheiser 650s), and I like that now I have my headphone and speaker calibrations in one place. Prior to Systemwide, I had one monitoring chain setup up with the the ARC and one with the Sonarworks - which was a pain. So, I would highly recommend this software. I would also recommend that you acoustically treat your room as best you can first, to lessen the effects of reflective phase problems."
"This software is totally awesome. After treating my room with acoustic panels, I could still hear where the remaining problem frequencies were in my room. Sonarworks confirmed the problem spots and with the software enabled, I can now get a really clean listening environment, helping me get better mix results."
"I own a pair of Beyerdynamic DT990 headphones, which are amazing for listening to vinyl, but trying to mix on them is mission impossible, given their heavily V-shaped signature. It's like trying to colour-grade in tinted glasses. I got Reference Headphone Edition and they've magically become the flattest sounding headphones I've ever heard. In a really good way. I don't know how they do it. I wish Sonarworks developed an AB referencing plug-in too. I'd buy it no doubt."
"Sonarworks' service and products are world-class. I was already impressed with the Reference Headphone software when using an included average calibration profile for a pair of headphones I owned (AKG K702). I recently decided to upgrade and bought the Audeze LCD-2 and sent the pair to the Sonarworks team for a custom calibration. The headphones sound fantastic and I was very happy with the communication throughout the process, and especially impressed by the low cost for this service considering that I did not have to pay any additional charge for return shipping from Latvia to the US. Although Sonarworks Systemwide is by far the best performing DSP wrapper for Windows I've used, I recently decided to purchase a MiniDSP hardware unit so that I could load my custom calibration EQ response into the unit in order to off-load all CPU processing from my computer. The Sonarworks team was fantastic at answering my many questions, helping me troubleshoot and understand the process (which honestly wasn't very complicated/complex anyway), and they were happy to convert my EQ curves into a compatible format for the MiniDSP unit. I'm 100% happy with my audio setup thanks to Sonarworks."
"I was very frustrated regarding my Studio Monitors (ok, they wasn't really expensive), the master track did never sound the same on other destinations (Bluetooth Box, Headphones, Car, etc.) Now, with Sonaworks Plugin, mixing on Studio Monitors is so much faster and lots of fun. Only the deep bass frequencies need some adjustments sometimes, but that's ok and less work. Really great plugin!"
"Honestly, it’s beautiful and it does exactly what it needs to do. The music I make on my headphones translates almost identically to other systems when using this software. I was struggling before due to not having monitors to mix, and this makes it easier to get a flat frequency across the board."
"I'll make this short: worth... every.... penny...! Really great and easy to use plugin. Also the systemwide version works really great! Due to traveling and changing production environments, I work a lot on headphones and this piece of gold right here improved my mixing tremendously! :-)"
"Withh this plug is much better to finalize your workflow. It save me a couple of hours to master the mix."
"Después de que hemos realizado las mediciones, la escucha resulta más plana sin acumulación de graves. En principio estamos contentos nos falta calibrar otro estudio."
"After mixing and performing my new album with sonarworks I can confidently say that it is everything it claims to be. Amazing!"
"Good! I can tell a different in my mixes"
"The system is a bit awkward to set up, but the difference it makes to the sound of my monitors is pretty amazing. For the first time ever I’m actually happy with the sound of my monitors."
"Excellent product! I have really improved my work 100%. Impossible to live without Sonarworks."
"My mixes were better right away. Wish I knew about this plugin years ago."
"Very very useful but not fully working on Mac OS X 10.7"
"Sonarworks has been part of my workflow since the Reference 3 version. I never mix or master without it. I primarily work in headphones on Sennheiser HD650s and the Reference 3 and 4 has brought precision to the lows, mids and highs that I normally would not have been able to achieve without it. I recommend this plugin to 100s of people every month. Keep up the great work!"
"works as advertised, and the sound quality improvement is simply amazing. OTOH on the Mac app (at least) there's lots of room for improvement, UI and performance wise. It's bizarre that even when one disables True-fi in the applet the CPU consumption of the app doesn't get low 'enough' (which means that a good chunk of the performance hit of using True-fi is not from when it's doing its (again awesome) job but from a non optimized UI ..."
"I was amazed by the positive impact this software had on my process of production and mixing. Since I do not have a professional studio set up for what I do, I always encountered issues in my final productions. Now, by using this software I am able to get a more precise and consistent mix that will transfer better on any other media. I am highly satisfied with this investment and I believe everyone should have this tool in his or her studios."
"Kick and bass is distinct in my small bedroom. Stereo image has improved As I can hear reverb, delays and panning much better. It's almost voodoo since I had a need for more acoustic treatment in my reflection zone. I have already recommended the product over and over."
"excellent customer support, good solid product."
"Excellent solution for monitoring and postproduction using headphones."
Sonarworks is rated 4.66 based on 623 reviews