Sonarworks Reviews

92% of reviewers recommend Sonarworks

About Sonarworks: A perfect storm of acoustic know-how and passion for good sound became the software that's currently transforming sound monitoring.

Postal Service, Own Driver, Courier
Chayan Sanchez
"Excellent solution for monitoring and postproduction using headphones."
Gareth Jones
"Great work smoothing out theBottom end on my room/monitor setup. Thanks!"
Jeffrey King
"As an owner of iK multimedia's ARC II speaker calibration, I was curious as to how the two systems compared. First off, the Systemwide feature of Sonarworks makes it the winner - period. The abililty to apply the speaker correction pretty much anywhere in your system , not just in your DAW, makes it incredibly useful - for watching Youtube or listening to iTunes. The ease of the calibration is another winner - much, much easier than the ARC. And it sounds good. I feel I can trust this calibration more than the ARC. I have been a fairly longtime user of Sonarworks' headphone calibration system (I own a pair of calibrated Sennheiser 650s), and I like that now I have my headphone and speaker calibrations in one place. Prior to Systemwide, I had one monitoring chain setup up with the the ARC and one with the Sonarworks - which was a pain. So, I would highly recommend this software. I would also recommend that you acoustically treat your room as best you can first, to lessen the effects of reflective phase problems."
"I tried the demo after watching a YouTube clip about using room correction software in a mastering room. The engineer in the clip said using some form of correction was crucial. I've a good sounding room with professional treatment and first class monitoring so I knew the sound I heard in the room was good already, but we always want more , right? I DL'd the demo and measured the room using a Rode NT2A in omni and an RME pre. The resulting EQ curve on the 3 sets of speakers was interesting. Not what I thought it would be. In listening to the EQ'd version, the overall presentation of the masters I was working on and my reference tracks improved in a positive way. I could hear a better version of my speakers talking back to me. After the demo expired I bought the mic and software. I reckon using the calibrated mic is the way to go. The results are much better and it seems the software has an easier time locking in to the mic position during measurements. Nice quality mic it seems, solid and looks the biz. The new EQ curves for my monitors are more refined and slightly better sounding I reckon using the calibrated mic. I think Sonarworks has done a fine job of giving us a very useful tool in our quest for great sound. Thanks again SW!"
Posted 51 minutes ago
"So, here's the thing about this software...if their measurements are accurate, and if the corrections are implemented correctly (two very big IFs), then I would say the software is about 50% successful. I have six sets of headphones/earphones that are in the software's list of those measured and corrected. The three lower-end models are very slightly improved, and the three upper-end ones are made much worse. The three that are slightly improved, while more even overall, suffer from too much correction and sound "off". Flatter, certainly, but also somewhat less natural. If you are adept at using APO equalization software, the same results can be had for free."
"Sonarwork's suite of products has been transformative to my mastering workflows in-house and how I train others. When "in the box" and "in the cans" are common ways of working (all processing in software; all monitoring under headphones), accurate frequency response becomes all the more important. Sonarwork's commitment to both supporting over eighty models as standard, and custom calibration, means that we can be confident that our masters are most likely to translate to a variety of playback systems. There's still no substitute for testing masters with real-world playback systems, but Sonarworks gets us much closer to sign-off than ever before. A big advantage for us has also been its portability: a laptop and a decent D/A + headphone amp (such as the Apogee Groove) is all you need to travel with a full mastering workflow! ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ Five stars!"
"I have the headphone version and my trial and error trips to the car have been drastically cut to almost none! The confidence it gives you is priceless!"
"One word: amazing!"
"huge timesaver. saves me around three listen tests. mixes translate much faster. i use it on my speakers but not on my headphones as i know my headphones vey well already. game changer in my room though its awesome"
"This is exactly the room correction plugin I’d been looking for in terms of ease of use and automatic room compensation. Performing the deep step is far easier.than anything i’d tried. I was happy to find my headphones already had a profile and it easily produced profiles for both my AccuGroove 112Llong throw and Focal Twin6 nearfields. Can be used as the last plugin on your mic buss but also includes the Systemworks module enabling your profiles across all on my internal mac audio as well. The difference in using this system is very apparent, and I am very happy with it overall."
"I just love it, it improves my mixing a lot. If you are in doubt, then just try it!"
"I knew I had some frequency issues with my speakers and Sonarworks' Ref4 did a great job of compensating for the inherent deficiencies in my speakers. What I didn't anticipate was how much more clear my center is now. The Ref4 software found some phase issues with my speakers (along with a difference in volume between the pair) and now I have a very distinct and clear center along with much better detail on the sides. The improvement in my listening position is like night and day."
"It does what it says"
"È un “must have” cambia totalmente il modo di ascoltare e mixare un brano, senza questa correzione la spesa per un sistema di ascolto cresce vertiginosamente! Mi piacerebbe provare la versione studio oltre che quella headphones. Sonarworks send me a license for “SONARWORKS STUDIO” The “HEADPHONES EDITION” it’s AMAZING. Thank You so much for this wonderful piece of art."
"So far so good!! After a few weeks of using Sonarworks 4 in my home studio my mixes are translating well to other sources and the "shootout" only took 15-20 minutes to setup. Love mixing knowing that what I'm hearing is actually in the mix and not the room I am in. Fantastic!!"
"Sonarworks basically neutralizes your room (to a great extent) as well as really most of the eq decisions made by your monitor manufacturer, either trying to compare to other manufacturers or in my case (Yamaha HS-50) cutting out base frequencies to make you buy their Sub Woofer! I am pretty confident that I could mix on ANY monitor now, because I can purely focus on the actual signal without having to workaround engineering decisions of ANY given brand. I was about to upgrade to the Mid-priced segment, but Sonarworks made me realize that the difference of quality shrinks immensely once smaller speakers are actually harnessing all their capabilites. I will have to spend much more than I thought to actually upgrade the Yamahas to something more useful. I bought the ILouds to actually hear my kick, which made me hate the Yamahas even more. Now with Sonarworks, I actually hear that the Yamahas outshine many systems once their calibrated. Incredible low end and the most airy and precise Highend ever!! Too bad I didn't know that for about 10 years. Apart from that, your mixes will have to improve Post Sonarworks, whatever your level of mixing may be. That is a given if you suddenly hear what you're doing. Buy Sonarworks and treat your room as well as you can. THEN start shooting out monitors!!"
"It’s really made my heaphone mix downs soooo good. I love it honestly. So worth the money."
"Firstly the software did not work with Ableton live which I use. I could not find the vst. Plug in from the plug-in folder within Abelton. After speaking to one of the staff at sonarworks who advised me on what to do but still did not work. I contacted them again saying it did not work and got no reply. Secondly the volume when I had my headphones plugged into my headphone port on laptop was simply not loud enough even with the safe headroom turned off. Overall I would not recommend and wish I hadn't purchased the software."
"I found that my mixes translates better after calibrating my headphones and monitors that was reason enough for me to buy this product."
"It's an absolute game changer for music production people!!"
"Getting great results using Sonarworks meaning that my mixes are transferring much better across different platforms. The new x-curve profile is very useful but what would be really great would be to have more profiles of different tv speakers and various smaller speakers that cover a lot of listening situations. A fantastic mixing/listening tool overall and Systemwide is a great addition. I don't ever turn Reference 4 off by this stage Cheers"
"Finnaly I can mix with confidence! Great product, really recommend it!!!"
"You can hear the improvement but the measurement software has crashed a few times and I haven't found any benefit yet from using their measurement microphone instead of one I already owned. Often have to fiddle with sound preferences to resolve audio issues as the software keeps switching itself on. Not sure I needed the upgrade."
Sonarworks is rated 4.65 based on 692 reviews