Rimmers Music Reviews

95% of reviewers recommend Rimmers Music

About Rimmers Music: Rimmers Music (Est.1978) has an excellent reputation and is regarded as one of the best Musical Instrument Retail Company’s in the UK.

We deal with large amounts of goods on a daily basis via our physical stores, established mail order website www.rimmersmusic.co.uk and dedicated education sales division with education catalogue (distributed to over 26,000 schools and Music Services all over the country).
We also have stores on EBAY and Amazon retailing musical instruments.

Retailing both new and used equipment Rimmers Music has a reputation for offering competitive prices (always with long guarantees for peace of mind) and excellent part exchange prices.
We also buy old instruments to recycle and sell, enabling our customers get a refurbished bargain and also help the environment.

We price check daily to ensure we are giving you the best deal possible. If you find a better deal than we offer we would be very surprised and like to hear about it.

We offer delivery and collection services for all products to make the process of getting your new instrument and part exchanging your old instrument easy. We use next day delivery and collection services for most items, via various courier companies we have accounts with.

Via these couriers we give tracking information for timed delivery slots (in most cases). We also sell specialist items that require an additional level of delivery service, items such as acoustic upright or grand pianos. These specialist delivery items are delivered by our trained team of experts who know how to handle items of this nature, are fully insured, professional and give our customers the installation with the care and attention they deserve.

We sell a huge range of musical instrumentssuch as acoustic guitars, electric guitars, bass guitars, guitar amplifiers, acoustic pianos (upright and grand), electric pianos, acoustic drum kits, electric drum kits, digital keyboards, synthesizers, percussion, DJ equipment, PA systems, World percussion such as Djembes and Cajons, classroom equipment such as glockenspiels and maracas, accessories and much more.  We sell in the region of 350 different musical instrument brands from many distributors and suppliers such as Yamaha, Roland, Korg, Casio, Alesis, Kawai, Mapex, Meinl, Taylor, Takamine, Mahalo, Nord, Blackstar, Fender, Squier, Stentor, Paiste, Steinway, ESP, Vox, Pearl, Tama, Faith, Valencia, Carlsbro, Vintage, Jupiter, Odyssey, Encore, HK Audio, Boss, Peavey, Focusrite, Epiphone by Gibson and many more. We are the one stop music store withmusical instruments for all the family.

Our customer service team are excellent, they are trained daily on the musical instruments we sell and can guide you all the way to the instrument you need, with simple expert advice. We pride ourselves on our knowledge and service we offer our customers. We want you to recommend us to all your friends and family and we can only achieve this by giving you customer care beyond your expectations, we aim to do this each and every time you contact our company.

Offering affordable easy payments with Low Rate Finance companies for many years, we have made it easy for our customers to get the instrument of their dreams. We offer 0% interest free credit and low finance rate options on all orders of £250.00 or over, available both online and in store with usually instant decisions. We aim to make the musical instrument you want as affordable to you as possible, as fast as possible.

We have established Rimmers Music Schools at each of our branches with hundreds of satisfied students of all age groups from 5 years old to 95 years old. Our music studios are purpose built by us and fully stocked with the latest equipment for you to use. We are also London College of Music and Rock School examination centres (and are highly respected by both), although taking exams is optional. We want you to have your lessons and enjoy them, some people like exams some don’t, we will teach you at your pace in the styles you want to learn, or take you through the exams of your choice. All our tuition is via private one to one lessons so you do not have to worry how you look or sound, just have fun. We will help and guide you all the way. Some of our staff also work as College Lecturers, which again re-enforces our background and knowledge in this area. All our teachers are DBS checked for security on a regular basis and many have students that have returned each week for lessons for many years, constantly improving to higher and higher playing standards and improving the knowledge they have. We offer all our customers a Free Lesson in our Rimmers Music School on the instrument of their choice. We currently teach piano, keyboard, acoustic guitar, classical guitar, bass guitar, drums, percussion, singing/vocal coaching, clarinet, saxophone, flute, ukulele, mandolin, banjo, violin and music theory. Basically we can teach you to play to a high standard and all the music theory to go with it. For customers who cannot get to our music school (and customers who can) we allow access to our exclusive online lessons we have created free of charge 24 hours a day.

To conclude, Rimmers Music is a reliable musical instrument retail company with excellent value for money products from all the top brands and manufacturers and we can also teach you how to play.

marketing@rimmersmusic.co.uk

Rimmers Music LtdUnit 18 Centurion Ind. EstateFarington

How would you rate Rimmers Music ?

Adriana Popescu
Adriana Popescu
Verified Buyer
"Very pleased with the service - next working day delivery and the piano was easy to assemble, it looks great and our daughter loves it. Perfect, thank you very much!"
Colin Riches
Colin Riches
Verified Buyer
"A very good value instrument but the guitar took more than the week Rimmers claimed it would take to arrive and it was not set up either, so a couple of strings buzzed. Thankfully tools were supplied as part of the guitar kit and I was able to adjust the bridge myself. Overall, if you are not a guitar snob, Yamaha guitars are good pieces of kit for beginners and experienced players not just great value items for people on a budget. Think; Kia, Hyundai, Suzuki cars ..which I drive in preference to offerings from big mainstream manufacturers and you will get my point of view. From Rimmer Music £193 for a left-handed Yamaha guitar 112J with case, delivered. Their heart is in the right place and I will buy from them again."
Andrew Miller
Andrew Miller
Verified Buyer
"Ordered Electronic drum kit online. Delivery was delayed without notification or reason. Had to call to find out why, which was acceptable. Informed of delivery, but not told of the subsequent changes. I missed to attempts of delivery and after several phone calls to two different delivery companies, found out who had the kit and when it would be delivered. Having now received the kit, it is excellent, and the price purchased was unbeatable."
"Excellent service and competitive prices, first rate."
"Purchased a Fender Classics 72 Custom Telecaster Pau Ferro at a competitive price from Rimmers Music. Purchased online on 29/05/18 and Delivered on 05/06/18. Therefore expected delivery from Fender Suppliers is approximately 7 days after ordering guitar from Rimmers Music, which was totally acceptable with myself. The guitar comes with a free gigbag and offer of free guitar setup, free online guitar lessons and free delivery. Unfortunately when I first purchased guitar I used an overseas Visa card, and although payment transaction completed ok, a glitch in the Rimmers Music Sage Pay security system would not allow order to be completed due to providing a UK shipping address. My initial order was cancelled and payment refunded to Visa. However during the transaction process, I initially lost out to the sum of £33 for Visa and Sage pay transaction charges, although I am happy to say that following communications with Leif at Rimmers, I was offered a partial refund of £33 on my order, which I accepted and can confirm that I have received. In general my communications experience with both Leif and Heather has been very good. (via both email and telephone). I probably made 4 to 5 Phone calls in total and never experienced any problems getting through to Leif. I did experience some delays in response to a couple of my emails, although in general the communications and level of customer service I received was very good. In summary my online purchasing experience with Rimmers Music has been very good, although I am realistic in my expectations, and realise that not everything is next day delivery or service. I was willing to wait and can say it has been well worth the wait and I would have no hesitation recommending them to others that are willing to wait.🎸🎸👍"
"Easy purchase, fast service."
"You just miss out on '5 Stars'. Ordered Alesis Command Mesh Kit set with Stool, Sticks and Headphones at 15:45pm. Everything minus the headphones come at 09:00approx the next day - now that's speedy delivery! Emailed to enquire where headphones are - advised out of stock and will follow shortly. Been over a week of me chasing and I am getting no reply. This isn't giving a good impression. Shame."
"they made my day i've always wanted a grand piano and they gave me finance to purchase one at great rate Thanks again Gerald"
"Recently bought a TGI power box online from Rimmers Music. Got a personal call a few days later to say the one I wanted wasn't in stock but they had another similar one for the same price and postage. Delivered a few days later. Very happy with purchase and the fact that they took time to make personal contact. Thanks Rimmers Music!👍"
"very happy with my purchase, communication and delivery was spot on"
"Before I went to Rimmers I made the mistake of travelling to York to gear4music who are supposed to be one of the biggest and best.Their attitude is disgusting and they couldn't be bothered to serve me, I came away very disappointed. So I thought I would try someone more local and went to Rimmers in Blackburn. I eventually purchase an Alesis DM10 MK11 PRO drumkit from them and I have to say the service from them...especially Sam has been totally the opposite to gear4music. Rimmers have been brilliant. They try to help you, their Aftersales service is efficient and done with a smile. This is proper care for the customer and the whole experience has been a pleasure. Thanks Rimmers and thanks to Sam who served me and Andy his Manager. Well earned 5 stars."
"Great product. Good communication."
"Order was placed online and delivered within a few days. Package was received in good condition and contents appeared new and undamaged. The VOX Mini 5 purchased was at as good a price as you could find online at the time, and for the actual product it is a top notch practical little amp, with the adjustable and rythm features an excellent tool for learning. True that some of the many available effects are of limited use for an electric/acoustic, but they can be used for experimenting. The amp is ready for the acoustic player if you ever want to add an electric guitar later. The battery facility allows you to unplug the power adaptor and be fully portable. The volume and clarity at the 5W setting is plenty for busking and jamming. Mic and aux inputs handy for adding vocals, headphone socket handy for late night practice without raising the roof ;-) . Very happy with Rimmers Music and Vox."
"The guitar is great. As described. Fair price. Thanks.."
"I ordered a guitar which has been difficult to get hold of and I was told it would take a while to receive it from the supplier, so I was prepared to wait over a month for my item. To my surprise though it was delivered much quicker. I was very happy with my purchase and how easy it was to communicate with the team. Very impressed, and it's definitely use Rimmers again and recommend it to my fellow musicians ."
"My guitar and other bits arrived well pacakged and are awesome. Emails answered promptly and was very helpful. The only thing is they should inform you if they have to back order something as it took a while to despatch my stuff. However they did tell me after I emailed."
"great customer service...dealt with my query very quickly....fantastic prices....10 out 10"
"Bought for my grandsons birthday he is over the moon with it."
"Excellent Service! Yours Gary Gibson"
"Really, really quick delivery."
"Ordered a Piano package online. Received only the Piano on specified delivery day, but the stand and pedals were not as it was out of stock. Had to follow up on phone and email to resolve. Although delivered a week later, the experience would have been better if Rimmers had indicated earlier of the situation with stock or proactively communicated the same prior to the delivery. Very happy with the piano as such."
"Really quick service kept informed as to deliver and courier arrived at time stated. Thank you - Happy of Blackpool."
"Competitive price and quick delivery"
Rimmers Music is rated 4.74 based on 1,754 reviews