Rimmers Music Reviews

96% of reviewers recommend Rimmers Music

About Rimmers Music: Rimmers Music (Est.1978) has an excellent reputation and is regarded as one of the best Musical Instrument Retail Company’s in the UK.

We deal with large amounts of goods on a daily basis via our physical stores, established mail order website www.rimmersmusic.co.uk and dedicated education sales division with education catalogue (distributed to over 26,000 schools and Music Services all over the country).
We also have stores on EBAY and Amazon retailing musical instruments.

Retailing both new and used equipment Rimmers Music has a reputation for offering competitive prices (always with long guarantees for peace of mind) and excellent part exchange prices.
We also buy old instruments to recycle and sell, enabling our customers get a refurbished bargain and also help the environment.

We price check daily to ensure we are giving you the best deal possible. If you find a better deal than we offer we would be very surprised and like to hear about it.

We offer delivery and collection services for all products to make the process of getting your new instrument and part exchanging your old instrument easy. We use next day delivery and collection services for most items, via various courier companies we have accounts with.

Via these couriers we give tracking information for timed delivery slots (in most cases). We also sell specialist items that require an additional level of delivery service, items such as acoustic upright or grand pianos. These specialist delivery items are delivered by our trained team of experts who know how to handle items of this nature, are fully insured, professional and give our customers the installation with the care and attention they deserve.

We sell a huge range of musical instrumentssuch as acoustic guitars, electric guitars, bass guitars, guitar amplifiers, acoustic pianos (upright and grand), electric pianos, acoustic drum kits, electric drum kits, digital keyboards, synthesizers, percussion, DJ equipment, PA systems, World percussion such as Djembes and Cajons, classroom equipment such as glockenspiels and maracas, accessories and much more.  We sell in the region of 350 different musical instrument brands from many distributors and suppliers such as Yamaha, Roland, Korg, Casio, Alesis, Kawai, Mapex, Meinl, Taylor, Takamine, Mahalo, Nord, Blackstar, Fender, Squier, Stentor, Paiste, Steinway, ESP, Vox, Pearl, Tama, Faith, Valencia, Carlsbro, Vintage, Jupiter, Odyssey, Encore, HK Audio, Boss, Peavey, Focusrite, Epiphone by Gibson and many more. We are the one stop music store withmusical instruments for all the family.

Our customer service team are excellent, they are trained daily on the musical instruments we sell and can guide you all the way to the instrument you need, with simple expert advice. We pride ourselves on our knowledge and service we offer our customers. We want you to recommend us to all your friends and family and we can only achieve this by giving you customer care beyond your expectations, we aim to do this each and every time you contact our company.

Offering affordable easy payments with Low Rate Finance companies for many years, we have made it easy for our customers to get the instrument of their dreams. We offer 0% interest free credit and low finance rate options on all orders of £250.00 or over, available both online and in store with usually instant decisions. We aim to make the musical instrument you want as affordable to you as possible, as fast as possible.

We have established Rimmers Music Schools at each of our branches with hundreds of satisfied students of all age groups from 5 years old to 95 years old. Our music studios are purpose built by us and fully stocked with the latest equipment for you to use. We are also London College of Music and Rock School examination centres (and are highly respected by both), although taking exams is optional. We want you to have your lessons and enjoy them, some people like exams some don’t, we will teach you at your pace in the styles you want to learn, or take you through the exams of your choice. All our tuition is via private one to one lessons so you do not have to worry how you look or sound, just have fun. We will help and guide you all the way. Some of our staff also work as College Lecturers, which again re-enforces our background and knowledge in this area. All our teachers are DBS checked for security on a regular basis and many have students that have returned each week for lessons for many years, constantly improving to higher and higher playing standards and improving the knowledge they have. We offer all our customers a Free Lesson in our Rimmers Music School on the instrument of their choice. We currently teach piano, keyboard, acoustic guitar, classical guitar, bass guitar, drums, percussion, singing/vocal coaching, clarinet, saxophone, flute, ukulele, mandolin, banjo, violin and music theory. Basically we can teach you to play to a high standard and all the music theory to go with it. For customers who cannot get to our music school (and customers who can) we allow access to our exclusive online lessons we have created free of charge 24 hours a day.

To conclude, Rimmers Music is a reliable musical instrument retail company with excellent value for money products from all the top brands and manufacturers and we can also teach you how to play.

marketing@rimmersmusic.co.uk

Rimmers Music LtdUnit 18 Centurion Ind. EstateFarington

How would you rate Rimmers Music?

Colin Riches
Colin Riches
Verified Buyer
"A very good value instrument but the guitar took more than the week Rimmers claimed it would take to arrive and it was not set up either, so a couple of strings buzzed. Thankfully tools were supplied as part of the guitar kit and I was able to adjust the bridge myself. Overall, if you are not a guitar snob, Yamaha guitars are good pieces of kit for beginners and experienced players not just great value items for people on a budget. Think; Kia, Hyundai, Suzuki cars ..which I drive in preference to offerings from big mainstream manufacturers and you will get my point of view. From Rimmer Music £193 for a left-handed Yamaha guitar 112J with case, delivered. Their heart is in the right place and I will buy from them again."
Andrew Miller
Andrew Miller
Verified Buyer
"Ordered Electronic drum kit online. Delivery was delayed without notification or reason. Had to call to find out why, which was acceptable. Informed of delivery, but not told of the subsequent changes. I missed to attempts of delivery and after several phone calls to two different delivery companies, found out who had the kit and when it would be delivered. Having now received the kit, it is excellent, and the price purchased was unbeatable."
Stephen Wilson
Stephen Wilson
Verified Buyer
"my first time with rimmers was great I got next day delivery and best price for my amp would deal with rimmers again."
John Alexander
Verified Buyer
"The item I ordered arrived speedily, well packed."
Matthew Boland
Verified Buyer
"Awesome keyboard bundle, fast service and genuine guidance. Perfect service."
Stephen Jones
Verified Buyer
"Excellent customer service, quick delivery, and a fantastic instrument even better than they described. Highly recommended."
"Excellent service from Martin at Wigan branch. Great product knowledge and advice. I love my new piano"
"Excellent service and advice in the store. Every customer feels welcome and they listen to your needs even if you're not (yet) a musician. You get the time to think, to choose to listen and talk with the salesman. They seem to know very well what they are talking about. Immediate response via e-mail and next day delivery too."
"Best price I could find online and all delivered next day safe and sound. Thank you."
Chris Northfield
Verified Reviewer
"For the money, the sound out of this amp is very good. Loads of presets and enough volume to wake the long time dead. Awesome. An added bonus for us was being able to use it as a bluetooth speaker."
Kate Moffatt
Verified Reviewer
"We looked online for a deal and Rimmers was the best by far, the ordering was easy and we were kept upto date with the delivery. we had a hiccup with one of the stands not delivered but one email and one day later the missing part arrived. that's very quick and responsive customer service would use the seller again Great"
Roy Johnson
Verified Buyer
"Although a little disappointed that item was out of stock when delivery was due. I was kept informed about next delivery and it arrived on that date"
Graeme Massie
Verified Buyer
"Delivery was delayed due to weather however Rimmers kept me informed on status and tracker number."
Keith Weymouth
Verified Buyer
"The product purchased was a Christmas present. It is now unwrapped and everything works fine, for which I'm grateful, but the delivery process was appalling. (You should not advertise a next day delivery promise if you cannot fulfil that promise). After two days staying in to receive my purchase I tried to chase information by way of emails, telephone and direct online chat. No information was forthcoming from any source (I did get a phone call answered on a Saturday but that proved to be a shop and the person on the phone could only confirm my order details and knew nothing regards delivery). After a number of days, and after I had begun procedures to get my money returned from my credit card company, I received an email "out of the blue" telling me the first piano "had been lost" and another was on its way. It was, and arrived TWO days later. So, full marks for the purchase process, a niggling one out of five for customer service."
This customer purchased on Finance which was referred and took time to clear before we could arrange despatch. We replied to emails within 24 hours at the busiest time at Christmas which we think is reasonable. TNT did have an extra day delay getting the order to the customer due to bad weather conditions. We gave the customer full details to contact the courier but they insisted they contact us, meaning we then contact the courier and then have to get back to the customer, making the process take longer to resolve than it needed to if the customer would simply contact the courier directly! We are sorry this customer is not completely satisfied considering we gave a massive discount on the product to them.
"Nice Bass, plays well and arrived on time despite the weathers best efforts. Thanks Rimmers"
"Great service and a great product. My grandson loved his Casio 130 package. I was just a little disapointed when I received an email just before Christmas including a stool in the package for an extra £15 pounds . That was the first thing he said after the piano was set up. “Where is the stool?” Thank you very much for the quick service."
"Quick delivery, efficient service"
"Promised delivery on 12/12/17 for me to take keyboard in car to Germany. Phoned to check it was in stock. Assured it was. Then received email to say it would be another 7 days. No apology.I had to carry the keyboard onto a flight where I had no checked bags paid for. Not happy"
The customer misread the stock message. We also emailed within 30 minutes of placing the order that the item would take 7 days to get to the customer. We cannot guarantee any delivery 100% as circumstances beyond our control can happen, such as accidents on the road, bad weather etc, but we will always do our best as we did in this case.
"Purchased second-hand Yamaha tyros 5. Condition was as new as stated. Well packaged and delivered on time. Very happy with service."
Gerry Robertson
Verified Buyer
"Assistant in store was very helpful with demo and explanation of features of different models Online ordering allowed us to choose a delivery day, but we later got an email saying this would not be possible. Delivery was within the promised 7 days but we did not receive tracking info in advance"
Christopher Gore
Verified Buyer
"I have not received my piano. The stool arrived but nowt else?? Still no response from you."
TNT split the order over 2 vans one delivered the stool , customer left negative review (which is really an enquiry and not a review), and the piano arrived later the same day. We haven't actually done anything wrong here! Every review this customer has ever left has been negative, there is a pattern here I think.
Pui Sheung
Verified Buyer
"i don't like this model"
"Could not deliver Yamaha guitar I ordered even though still on their website after telling me delivery could be up to two months. Asked them to contact me to discuss an alternative but this never happened. Lost this sale through poor service."
Called us on Boxing Day when we are closed and clearly stated as such. Unfair comment.
We are very sorry that this customer was not satisfied with our service. Reading this we let the customer and our company down. We are looking at why so we can improve for the future.
Rimmers Music is rated 4.75 based on 1,619 reviews