Rimmers Music Reviews

95% of reviewers recommend Rimmers Music

About Rimmers Music: Rimmers Music (Est.1978) has an excellent reputation and is regarded as one of the best Musical Instrument Retail Company’s in the UK.

We deal with large amounts of goods on a daily basis via our physical stores, established mail order website www.rimmersmusic.co.uk and dedicated education sales division with education catalogue (distributed to over 26,000 schools and Music Services all over the country).
We also have stores on EBAY and Amazon retailing musical instruments.

Retailing both new and used equipment Rimmers Music has a reputation for offering competitive prices (always with long guarantees for peace of mind) and excellent part exchange prices.
We also buy old instruments to recycle and sell, enabling our customers get a refurbished bargain and also help the environment.

We price check daily to ensure we are giving you the best deal possible. If you find a better deal than we offer we would be very surprised and like to hear about it.

We offer delivery and collection services for all products to make the process of getting your new instrument and part exchanging your old instrument easy. We use next day delivery and collection services for most items, via various courier companies we have accounts with.

Via these couriers we give tracking information for timed delivery slots (in most cases). We also sell specialist items that require an additional level of delivery service, items such as acoustic upright or grand pianos. These specialist delivery items are delivered by our trained team of experts who know how to handle items of this nature, are fully insured, professional and give our customers the installation with the care and attention they deserve.

We sell a huge range of musical instrumentssuch as acoustic guitars, electric guitars, bass guitars, guitar amplifiers, acoustic pianos (upright and grand), electric pianos, acoustic drum kits, electric drum kits, digital keyboards, synthesizers, percussion, DJ equipment, PA systems, World percussion such as Djembes and Cajons, classroom equipment such as glockenspiels and maracas, accessories and much more.  We sell in the region of 350 different musical instrument brands from many distributors and suppliers such as Yamaha, Roland, Korg, Casio, Alesis, Kawai, Mapex, Meinl, Taylor, Takamine, Mahalo, Nord, Blackstar, Fender, Squier, Stentor, Paiste, Steinway, ESP, Vox, Pearl, Tama, Faith, Valencia, Carlsbro, Vintage, Jupiter, Odyssey, Encore, HK Audio, Boss, Peavey, Focusrite, Epiphone by Gibson and many more. We are the one stop music store withmusical instruments for all the family.

Our customer service team are excellent, they are trained daily on the musical instruments we sell and can guide you all the way to the instrument you need, with simple expert advice. We pride ourselves on our knowledge and service we offer our customers. We want you to recommend us to all your friends and family and we can only achieve this by giving you customer care beyond your expectations, we aim to do this each and every time you contact our company.

Offering affordable easy payments with Low Rate Finance companies for many years, we have made it easy for our customers to get the instrument of their dreams. We offer 0% interest free credit and low finance rate options on all orders of £250.00 or over, available both online and in store with usually instant decisions. We aim to make the musical instrument you want as affordable to you as possible, as fast as possible.

We have established Rimmers Music Schools at each of our branches with hundreds of satisfied students of all age groups from 5 years old to 95 years old. Our music studios are purpose built by us and fully stocked with the latest equipment for you to use. We are also London College of Music and Rock School examination centres (and are highly respected by both), although taking exams is optional. We want you to have your lessons and enjoy them, some people like exams some don’t, we will teach you at your pace in the styles you want to learn, or take you through the exams of your choice. All our tuition is via private one to one lessons so you do not have to worry how you look or sound, just have fun. We will help and guide you all the way. Some of our staff also work as College Lecturers, which again re-enforces our background and knowledge in this area. All our teachers are DBS checked for security on a regular basis and many have students that have returned each week for lessons for many years, constantly improving to higher and higher playing standards and improving the knowledge they have. We offer all our customers a Free Lesson in our Rimmers Music School on the instrument of their choice. We currently teach piano, keyboard, acoustic guitar, classical guitar, bass guitar, drums, percussion, singing/vocal coaching, clarinet, saxophone, flute, ukulele, mandolin, banjo, violin and music theory. Basically we can teach you to play to a high standard and all the music theory to go with it. For customers who cannot get to our music school (and customers who can) we allow access to our exclusive online lessons we have created free of charge 24 hours a day.

To conclude, Rimmers Music is a reliable musical instrument retail company with excellent value for money products from all the top brands and manufacturers and we can also teach you how to play.

marketing@rimmersmusic.co.uk

Rimmers Music LtdUnit 18 Centurion Ind. EstateFarington

Email, Live Chat, Telephone

How would you rate Rimmers Music ?

Jon
"Purchased a Fender Classics 72 Custom Telecaster Pau Ferro at a competitive price from Rimmers Music. Purchased online on 29/05/18 and Delivered on 05/06/18. Therefore expected delivery from Fender Suppliers is approximately 7 days after ordering guitar from Rimmers Music, which was totally acceptable with myself. The guitar comes with a free gigbag and offer of free guitar setup, free online guitar lessons and free delivery. Unfortunately when I first purchased guitar I used an overseas Visa card, and although payment transaction completed ok, a glitch in the Rimmers Music Sage Pay security system would not allow order to be completed due to providing a UK shipping address. My initial order was cancelled and payment refunded to Visa. However during the transaction process, I initially lost out to the sum of £33 for Visa and Sage pay transaction charges, although I am happy to say that following communications with Leif at Rimmers, I was offered a partial refund of £33 on my order, which I accepted and can confirm that I have received. In general my communications experience with both Leif and Heather has been very good. (via both email and telephone). I probably made 4 to 5 Phone calls in total and never experienced any problems getting through to Leif. I did experience some delays in response to a couple of my emails, although in general the communications and level of customer service I received was very good. In summary my online purchasing experience with Rimmers Music has been very good, although I am realistic in my expectations, and realise that not everything is next day delivery or service. I was willing to wait and can say it has been well worth the wait and I would have no hesitation recommending them to others that are willing to wait.🎸🎸👍"
Adriana Popescu
"Very pleased with the service - next working day delivery and the piano was easy to assemble, it looks great and our daughter loves it. Perfect, thank you very much!"
Colin Riches
"A very good value instrument but the guitar took more than the week Rimmers claimed it would take to arrive and it was not set up either, so a couple of strings buzzed. Thankfully tools were supplied as part of the guitar kit and I was able to adjust the bridge myself. Overall, if you are not a guitar snob, Yamaha guitars are good pieces of kit for beginners and experienced players not just great value items for people on a budget. Think; Kia, Hyundai, Suzuki cars ..which I drive in preference to offerings from big mainstream manufacturers and you will get my point of view. From Rimmer Music £193 for a left-handed Yamaha guitar 112J with case, delivered. Their heart is in the right place and I will buy from them again."
"I put a review here last week on the bad experience I received, i bought a rickenbacker online, then received a phone call saying there's at least a 18 month waiting list, but they still advertise these guitars on finance and will be dispatched within 3 days, anyway as it was a present for someone who is seriously ill to cheer her up, I payed extra for a gibson, which turned up a day late, and the box was open, the guitar was out of tune and not set up correctly, after posting this review, a director phoned me and promised to resolve my complaint, he did send somebody to pick the guitar up, take it away and have it set up the way it should me, the guitar came back, when my music teacher checked it he said it still not right, so I took it to a guitar technician he agreed it was not set up correctly, so I paid to have it put right, the guitar is now playing the way it should, I will also inform trading standards, its a guitar which cost 2 and half grand, and this is how they treat a customer, never use these again"
"Very helpful"
"All the guys at Rimmers are great, very helpful & fixed my guitar lead output for me whilst I waited & did a top job & very professional. Shaun gave us a demo on the ukele as Lorraine had always fancied having a go & we left with one so she’s busy learning that, can highly recommend Rimmers in Leyland for all your music needs. Cheers guys & see you soon for that 72 Fender Tele, Jason & Lorraine"
"Excellent :)"
"My first order with Rimmers, great prices and customer service. Unfortunatly, due to stock shortage and goods being despatched direct from supplier there was a mix up with delivery address (I specified a different to invoice address) I did get everything and quickly but only by good luck as I had not intended to be home on the day of delivery. These things happen occasionally and won't put me off ordering again with Rimmers."
"I visited Rimmer's shop in Leith, Edinburgh looking for a basic digital piano. I liked the look of one on the shop floor and when I enquired, was under no pressure at all to upgrade to a more expensive one. Most of the items I ordered was in stock at the store but those that weren't, were shipped from the warehouse in time for me collecting them a couple of days later. Staff were very pleasant. Thank you."
"Excellent service and great price. I would definitely use Rimmers Music again."
"Fast delivery when they said they would. Slight price reduction when asked. Excellent condition."
"Ordered a piece of kit for my studio and decided it was not for me, the return process was a doddle and I would use this company again, Great customer service can be hard to find but I would use this company again no question."
"Great service, guitar cable as described in first class condition"
"I was pleased to be able to order a book of sheet music. The web page said delivery next day for orders taken before 4:00pm. Several days later I read more of the small print. They seem to find orders of less than £25:00 rather inconvenient. It arrived a week later. Disappointing."
This customer has not read the details on the product, his order, the email we sent, or the tracking information update. At every point is says to "expect your order within 7 days" and we use Royal Mail second class mail for music books to keep costs down for our customer on small value items. He got the item in 4 days. This review is completely unfair, the customer either cannot read, or has not looked at all the information given to them at all? This review should be removed as its the customers mistake not ours!
"One word excellent"
"Excellent service, prompt delivery. I would definately use Rimmers again."
"I went into Rimmers today to buy a wireless kit for my guitar and got a fantastic deal,I’ve been buying from rimmers for over 20 years and find the staff very kind and knowledgable,I was told today by the manager of the branch that there was a new product coming out for a keyboard which I purchased from them recently and he will keep me up to date about it,its this kind of service I love from rimmers.Thankyou"
"I have been using Rimmers now for over 2 years and I cannot fault the customer service I have been given by them. I went in today to finally upgrade my first ever guitar to something that was more in line with my style of play and got the best deal I could ask for. I got a great trade in price for my old guitar, a decent discount on the new one I purchased and on top of that, got a free set of strings and a brand new strap, walking away feeling very satisfied. Especially since this deal was discussed over the phone a week earlier and everything which was discussed and agreed was honored, clearly showing how honest and professional the staff at Rimmers are. I will continue to go back to the store on a regular basis for maintenance and new gear as I know I will be well looked after. First class customer service and a company which really values its customers which is rare to find these days. I cannot recommend them enough."
"Great advice that led to a new guitar. I love it"
"Hi I would like to thank you for the service you provided. With my item not in stock the updates I received was second to none. I was also very satisfied with my purchase. Thankyou. Kind tegards John."
"Rimmers warehouse forgot to inform them that my guitar was out of stock so after about 8 working days I decided something was wrong and contacted rimmers who cleared the problem and I got my guitar 3 days later as promised. Now, as for the guitar, it's just fantastic and at a very very good price. So, I will be doing more business with rimmers in the future and I recommend them but they need to sort out their ordering system. Cheers Darren"
"Excellent service by the friendly Vanessa at the Liverpool store. Gave me all the time I needed to try different instruments and was very patient and extremely helpful. I will be going back there for sure next time I need an instrument or accessories. 10/10 for Vanessa."
"I have given a good score because the item was not delivered next day as promised repeatedly. It was delivered the next day (which was Saturday am) which was very impressive but I had to call three times to organise it. The first time the male operator organised the delivery but didn't put the right time on, am was promised but they put it on for anytime that day. A big thank you to Deborah who not only sorted the problem but was so easy to deal with. If it wasn't for Deborah the score would have dropped to poor / acceptable."
Rimmers Music is rated 4.73 based on 1,812 reviews