Rimmers Music Reviews

95% of reviewers recommend Rimmers Music

About Rimmers Music: Rimmers Music (Est.1978) has an excellent reputation and is regarded as one of the best Musical Instrument Retail Company’s in the UK.

We deal with large amounts of goods on a daily basis via our physical stores, established mail order website www.rimmersmusic.co.uk and dedicated education sales division with education catalogue (distributed to over 26,000 schools and Music Services all over the country).
We also have stores on EBAY and Amazon retailing musical instruments.

Retailing both new and used equipment Rimmers Music has a reputation for offering competitive prices (always with long guarantees for peace of mind) and excellent part exchange prices.
We also buy old instruments to recycle and sell, enabling our customers get a refurbished bargain and also help the environment.

We price check daily to ensure we are giving you the best deal possible. If you find a better deal than we offer we would be very surprised and like to hear about it.

We offer delivery and collection services for all products to make the process of getting your new instrument and part exchanging your old instrument easy. We use next day delivery and collection services for most items, via various courier companies we have accounts with.

Via these couriers we give tracking information for timed delivery slots (in most cases). We also sell specialist items that require an additional level of delivery service, items such as acoustic upright or grand pianos. These specialist delivery items are delivered by our trained team of experts who know how to handle items of this nature, are fully insured, professional and give our customers the installation with the care and attention they deserve.

We sell a huge range of musical instrumentssuch as acoustic guitars, electric guitars, bass guitars, guitar amplifiers, acoustic pianos (upright and grand), electric pianos, acoustic drum kits, electric drum kits, digital keyboards, synthesizers, percussion, DJ equipment, PA systems, World percussion such as Djembes and Cajons, classroom equipment such as glockenspiels and maracas, accessories and much more.  We sell in the region of 350 different musical instrument brands from many distributors and suppliers such as Yamaha, Roland, Korg, Casio, Alesis, Kawai, Mapex, Meinl, Taylor, Takamine, Mahalo, Nord, Blackstar, Fender, Squier, Stentor, Paiste, Steinway, ESP, Vox, Pearl, Tama, Faith, Valencia, Carlsbro, Vintage, Jupiter, Odyssey, Encore, HK Audio, Boss, Peavey, Focusrite, Epiphone by Gibson and many more. We are the one stop music store withmusical instruments for all the family.

Our customer service team are excellent, they are trained daily on the musical instruments we sell and can guide you all the way to the instrument you need, with simple expert advice. We pride ourselves on our knowledge and service we offer our customers. We want you to recommend us to all your friends and family and we can only achieve this by giving you customer care beyond your expectations, we aim to do this each and every time you contact our company.

Offering affordable easy payments with Low Rate Finance companies for many years, we have made it easy for our customers to get the instrument of their dreams. We offer 0% interest free credit and low finance rate options on all orders of £250.00 or over, available both online and in store with usually instant decisions. We aim to make the musical instrument you want as affordable to you as possible, as fast as possible.

We have established Rimmers Music Schools at each of our branches with hundreds of satisfied students of all age groups from 5 years old to 95 years old. Our music studios are purpose built by us and fully stocked with the latest equipment for you to use. We are also London College of Music and Rock School examination centres (and are highly respected by both), although taking exams is optional. We want you to have your lessons and enjoy them, some people like exams some don’t, we will teach you at your pace in the styles you want to learn, or take you through the exams of your choice. All our tuition is via private one to one lessons so you do not have to worry how you look or sound, just have fun. We will help and guide you all the way. Some of our staff also work as College Lecturers, which again re-enforces our background and knowledge in this area. All our teachers are DBS checked for security on a regular basis and many have students that have returned each week for lessons for many years, constantly improving to higher and higher playing standards and improving the knowledge they have. We offer all our customers a Free Lesson in our Rimmers Music School on the instrument of their choice. We currently teach piano, keyboard, acoustic guitar, classical guitar, bass guitar, drums, percussion, singing/vocal coaching, clarinet, saxophone, flute, ukulele, mandolin, banjo, violin and music theory. Basically we can teach you to play to a high standard and all the music theory to go with it. For customers who cannot get to our music school (and customers who can) we allow access to our exclusive online lessons we have created free of charge 24 hours a day.

To conclude, Rimmers Music is a reliable musical instrument retail company with excellent value for money products from all the top brands and manufacturers and we can also teach you how to play.

marketing@rimmersmusic.co.uk

Rimmers Music LtdUnit 18 Centurion Ind. EstateFarington

How would you rate Rimmers Music?

Adriana Popescu
Adriana Popescu
Verified Buyer
"Very pleased with the service - next working day delivery and the piano was easy to assemble, it looks great and our daughter loves it. Perfect, thank you very much!"
Colin Riches
Colin Riches
Verified Buyer
"A very good value instrument but the guitar took more than the week Rimmers claimed it would take to arrive and it was not set up either, so a couple of strings buzzed. Thankfully tools were supplied as part of the guitar kit and I was able to adjust the bridge myself. Overall, if you are not a guitar snob, Yamaha guitars are good pieces of kit for beginners and experienced players not just great value items for people on a budget. Think; Kia, Hyundai, Suzuki cars ..which I drive in preference to offerings from big mainstream manufacturers and you will get my point of view. From Rimmer Music £193 for a left-handed Yamaha guitar 112J with case, delivered. Their heart is in the right place and I will buy from them again."
Andrew Miller
Andrew Miller
Verified Buyer
"Ordered Electronic drum kit online. Delivery was delayed without notification or reason. Had to call to find out why, which was acceptable. Informed of delivery, but not told of the subsequent changes. I missed to attempts of delivery and after several phone calls to two different delivery companies, found out who had the kit and when it would be delivered. Having now received the kit, it is excellent, and the price purchased was unbeatable."
"Great package. Great bundle. Great price. Bit of a Ronseal moment - they did exactly what it says on the tin! Delivered expediently and I’m very happy with my purchase"
"Great product and a competitive price"
"Rimmers Music were very helpful to me in my order, unfortunately the tablet holder I ordered didn't fit, but there were no problems in returning it and getting a refund, I would definitely shop with them again as their prices are very good too with free delivery over £25 spent."
"Good product and service at a reasonable price."
"Good customer service. Long delay from supplier but kept me posted."
"Good product and good service"
"Unfortunately Bugera V55 1 x 12" combo had very microphonic preamp valves and rattled so badly I had to return it, not shops fault but Behringer final test in China, checking these before dispatch would save a lot of hassle, refunded my money promptly!!!!!"
"Rimmers easily had the best price for the boss katana I bought recently. The item wasn’t in stock but they still got the amp to me in less than a week."
"Excellent online purchase experience.Competitivly priced and straight forward easy finance options.Designated DPD drop off at local shop a plus if you are not in on delivery day.Would definitely recommend Rimmer's Music for your music equipment."
"great price and quick next day delivery."
Ross Gilmartin
Verified Reviewer
"Ordered a guitar almost 2 weeks ago. Just called to find out where it was. I was told that their supplier cancelled the orders and the buyer was calling today to order some more. I was given no update on this, I wasn't informed on anything going wrong and have been expecting my guitar for over a week. The first time I called last week to find out its location had the worst hold system which makes you press star every 10 seconds to keep holding. After 20 minutes I gave up."
"Amazing workstation and amazing service! I waited a couple of months to post my views on this keyboard to see how it compares to the Korg Krome which I have used relentlells for everything and it is incredible how unbelievable this thing is! I see alot of people comparing the kronos to stage pianos and other workstations, nothing compares to this in my opinion as a professional workstation, you can programme anything to whatever you want! They give you the most amazing samples of Steinway, Berlin and Japan pianos that are incredible and totally customizable to fit a sound that you are after! I also want to mention that rimmers music have been absolouty amazing to shop with, items have arrived on time and prices are the best around!"
"I have been disappointed with the level of service I received from Rimmers. Firstly, I ordered a piano on a Friday evening and it wasn't delivered until Weds morning so hardly next day delivery. Secondly, the customerservice@rimmers.co.uk is an unmonitored email address. I replied twice and didn't get a response. If Rimmers are serious about customer service then this has to change to be a monitored service. Thirdly, Rimmers do not provide delivery tracking information. Musical Instruments by their very nature are heavy, bulky and expensive. I think in this day and age it is not unreasonable that adequate delivery tracking is passed on from the company to the customer. An email stating that the goods have been dispatched is simply not good enough. Rimmers need to change their business processes to take the responsibily for providing their customers with full links to courier tracking services including consignment numbers allocated by the courier. I raised these concerns with Rimmers via email and was told a supervisor was looking into it. Two weeks later I haven't had a response so I don't have the feeling that I'm a valued customer."
We are very sorry this customer is unhappy with our service. I will answer each point. First of all the order was after 4pm on Friday which is the cut off time for delivery for next working day. This means the order would be processed on Monday for delivery Tuesday. This information was emailed to the customer via automated systems that we have checked are working, sometimes emails can be blocked at the receiver, like junk or spam etc, we know these emails were sent. We supply tracking information, which again was emailed to the customer. As for why they did not get the product on Tuesday as they should have, the courier is saying a delivery was attempted and the customer was not at home so a card was passed to them stating the order would be delivered the following day, which took place. We are very sorry this customer is not happy and we always respond to customer service emails, after all we want to get repeat sales and recommendation. Our Operations Manager has already attempted to contact this customer several times but had no response as yet.
"I Ordered a Roland Cube Street ex for delivery the following day which did not turn up. I had to contact them and was told that the stock had run out and that they would fulfil the order within seven days which they did before the end of the seven day period."
Christopher
Verified Buyer
"We have bought a piano online recently and are very happy with the process online, with the delivery and the product. Excellent!"
"Excellent value for money."
"Well shall we say it's made him happy, 😁not so much me as he is playing away in silence 😂"
"Good quality good price and really fast delivery."
"Brilliant service, next day delivery and item in perfect condition. Couldn't recommend more."
"Very competitive prices"