Pinion Watches Reviews

of reviewers recommend Pinion Watches
Read Pinion Watches Reviews

About Pinion Watches:

Pinion is a British Watch Company based in Oxfordshire England, and make fine watches designed, built and tested to exacting standards using high-quality modern and ‘new-old-stock’ vintage Swiss mechanical watch movements.

hello@pinionwatches.com

Pinion Watches 5 star review on 24th September 2020
Anonyme
Pinion Watches 5 star review on 24th September 2020
Anonyme
I purchased 3 identical watches for my self and my sons. Customer service was incredibly helpful throughout the purchase process. I was given regular updates on the status and they were shipped promptly.
When they arrived they were well packed and beautifully presented wrapped and tied up in ribbon.
Extremely happy - will be looking to see new designs in the future.
Fantastic packaging, prompt delivery and getting updates on the status of the watch was much appreciated.
Great service, kept updated throughout and ended up with an unusual and interesting watch. Very satisfied
Pinion Watches 5 star review on 29th December 2020 Pinion Watches 5 star review on 29th December 2020
The Elapse is my 2nd Pinion watch. It is beautiful and so far exceeds expectations.
Delighted with my new Pinion Elapse timepiece, the finish and detail is excellent. Premium luxury quality..

Delivery was as was advised and the presentation of the watch in the leather/canvas pouch is a nice touch.

Piers you have a great product and I wish you well, you’ve got another happy customer who will buy again.
Pinion Watches 5 star review on 21st December 2020
Short review; I recently bought the last remaining R-1969. A fabulous and characterful watch, moreover Piers @ Pinion was great to deal with and provided top notch service.

Long review; Written on the CW Forum - https://www.christopherwardforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=55594
From the moment I contacted Piers the communication has been first class. Once the watch I had chosen had been made Piers was very helpful with the strap selection and was able to send me photos of my watch with the different straps on. I am very pleased with the look and feel of my watch. It oozes quality which is what I hoped for as I hadn't seen one in the flesh until it arrived.

Very happy customer

Mant thanks
The service I have enjoyed from Piers and the team at Pinion has been superb throughout. He has responded quickly to my questions, sent helpful replies and most importantly supplied a beautiful watch that I am going to enjoy wearing immensely.
Buying such a personal item as a watch is never easy, however my experience at buying my Atom at Pinion ran quite literally as smooth as clockwork. The high quality of the timepiece along with its beautiful design speak for themselves, but I must also commend the personal service that sets this watchmaker apart from many of it rivals. All in all, top marks for Pinion. Thank you.
I’m delighted with my Atom watch, it was a pleasure dealing with Piers throughout.

My choices on dial colour and strap changed during our email exchanges, and Piers was happy to provide advice to help me choose.

I’ve now received my watch and am very pleased - swift delivery, very attractively packaged, and a really beautifully put together watch.

I would recommend Pinion without hesitation.
Beautiful watches and superb service - Piers and his team are simply excellent at every level and at every point in the purchase, production and delivery process. The attention to detail was exceptional and has made my purchase of two watches for my twin sons' 18th birthdays an absolute pleasure. Stunning!
My Atom 39 ND HG arrived bang on time. An absolutely awesome watch, beautiful no nonsense design and build quality with utilitarian character, subtle dial colours and detail. Just what I was looking for. Super presentation and packaging as well that made receiving this watch a real experience.

Fantastic communication from Piers who kept me informed all the way from my first questions to delivery. Truly exceptional service and watch at this price point. Well done Pinion. Unquestionably 5 🌟
The TT is an absolutely beautiful watch. It’s fresh colour palate meshes modern and classic design perfectly. I love the pink accent and the raised Arabic numberings.

Piers was super helpful with choosing the watch. The unboxing experience was 10/10. I would recommend Pinion to anyone looking to invest in a quality wristwatch!
Pinion Watches 5 star review on 13th October 2020 Pinion Watches 5 star review on 13th October 2020
I like the idea of supporting a small, British company and having "England" (rather than "Switzerland") on the watch face is important to me. I chose Pinion because I had read good reports and a bronze Axis because I wanted a watch that would develop a "weather-beaten" patina with years of wear.
It was great to visit Piers at his home. So nice to meet the man who actually owns the company and does the designs.
Piers was brilliantly tolerant and helpful as I tried on various watches and laboured towards a decision. I eventually settled on the Axis with a blue face and a brown nubuck strap (having nearly been tempted by the green one and also a TT).
I am really happy with the watch. It looks great; it has already lost its new shine and is already starting to develop the dull patina I want. It keeps good time too!
Fantastic watch
Everything is perfect! The communication, the watch, the shipping! Thank you Piers!
Beautiful design. Watches that look great and work well.
Beautifully designed watch such unusual colour options. This is my second Pinion. Service, response and the attention of Piers are excellent and there will certainly be further Pinions in my collection in the future.

Hal Gamble
Product as described and well presented.
All company contact very helpful
BEWARE: This review contains box opening and content spoiling! ;-)

Cause I kinda "fell in love" with a red dial ATOM 39 ND prototype after seing a picture posted by a watch enthusiast on a FB forum, I contacted Pinion via Instagram to ask them if they were considering putting this red dial Atom in production. They immediately answered that it was not the case but that they might be able to build a custom-made Atom for me with a spare red dial sample (it appeared that it was the last one!). I was obviously interested in this proposal and, within only 10 days (including express overseas shipping) and after a few very friendly email exchanges, the postman rang my doorbell.

When I opened the parcel, I immediately felt privileged.

The watch box was wrapped in a very classy gift paper, along with the authenticity certificate and a personalized accompanying letter.

The cardboard watch box itself is simple but the essential was inside.

To begin with, in addition to the warranty card and the instruction leaflet, a very nice and large SELVYT “Pinion” marked cleaning cloth was included in the box, that I really appreciated!

The box also contained an awesome "Made in England" high-end "Pinion" marked watch roll made of leather and (I think) cotton fabric, housed in a very nice cotton bag.

This noticeably well-made roll may house up to 4 watches and two additional straps or tools. It’s certainly far more useful than most (sometimes as huge as luxurious) watch boxes provided by other watch brands, that often land on our shelves or cupboards!

BTW, inside the watch roll was (obviously) the watch itself, but also a swiss-made Bergeon professional spring bar tool. Another very nice attention from Pinion!

As for the watch (that is the essential, isn’t it?), it’s STUNNING!

The (prototype specific) red dial and rehaut are absolutely beautiful and the lume hours marker fit very nicely. The hands integrate with the (no date) dial perfectly. As a reminder, my Atom 39 ND is equipped with a prototype dial that is different from the final design (not only the color but also the layout).

The finish of the watch, that is designed, finished, assembled and tested in England, is remarkable.

The 39mm (sapphire glass equipped) matt blasted steel case looks as solid as it’s beautiful, and the beautiful “Atom” engraved caseback (made from matt blasted steel too) displays the serial number of the watch, that is a nice detail.

The “Atom” engraved crown is large, comfortable and operates smoothly.

Even if the Atom is (obviously) not a diver watch, its water resistance is 10 ATM (100 metres) that is amply sufficient for a safe daily use.

The ETA 2824-2 “élaboré” automatic movement that powers the Atom is a Swiss-made reliable, precise and easy to service movement. It’s a movement with a date complication, so the Atom ND is a “ghost date” watch (i.e. the second position of the crown setting – dedicated to the date adjustment - is operational but useless), but this should not be seen as an issue.

Last but not least, the watch comes on a superb “vintage” style dark brown hand-made leather strap with a “Pinion” signed blasted steel buckle (available in two different length), that compliments the watch perfectly and is also very well finished.

In summary, the Pinion Atom ND is an awesome watch for a reasonable price compared to the quality of the watch, the contents of the box (high-end watch roll, cleaning cloth and spring bar tool), but also the care given to customer satisfaction which is incredible!
Pinion Watches 5 star review on 24th September 2020 Pinion Watches 5 star review on 24th September 2020
Pinion Watches is rated 4.94 based on 194 reviews