MYLOCALTOOLBOX.CO.UK Reviews

98% of reviewers recommend MYLOCALTOOLBOX.CO.UK

About MYLOCALTOOLBOX.CO.UK : At Mylocaltoolbox.co.uk we aim to help make getting quotes from local tradesman quick and easy.

With our interactive forms you can post a job to invite up to three tradesmen near you that can meet your requirements to provide you with a quote.

hello@mylocaltoolbox.co.uk

Click Here

Tell us how MYLOCALTOOLBOX.CO.UK made you happy

customer service
"Bad experience with this site wanted bathroom suite fitting one fitter rang arranged price asked me could he call me back 30 minutes later I spent 2 days trying to get hold of him while I had numerous fitters trying to give me a quote independant of this site but wanted to give the fitter from my local toolbox the benefit of doubt it is common courtesy to call somebody back even if it. To say he doesn’t want to do the job I have since had my work done to a high standard independent of my local toolbox weak ignorant man I am sure this is not representative of all of my local toolbox fitters but me personally will be giving this site a miss"
"Quote was extortionate"
"Oakley driveway and patios don't Finnish the job. I've been waiting since January for them to come back and Finnish. The postman told me they don't Finnish any job lots of complaints"
"i registered a job to lay a laminate floor on My Local Toolbox and a tradesman called me claiming to be able to deal with plumbing, electrics,gas,flooring everything. He kept calling me love and sounded very manic on the phone. Another person called me later on that day calling himself Vincent, I told him that I had arranged for the first one to do the job and he said he would do it for £350 (£50 cheaper). I agreed and texted the other one. We arranged to meet at the property immediately after i had collected the keys from the estate agent. They gave me one set of keys and an electronic fob for the car park barrier. i had to wait 30mins after our arranged time, Vincent showed up and immediately starting complaining that he would have a lot of carrying and he implied he didn't want to do the job. I said I would try my best to sort out the faulty electronic fob.I asked a few neighbours whether there was a manual code,they didn't know. Vincent criticised the door outside the flat saying it would be very noisy, the step down from the shower, he said it was very steep, he said the bathroom door-a sliding mirrored door was broken, he then ripped of the towel rail after saying it was loose. He then complained about there being a hole in the kitchen floor, giving the impression he would not do the job. The next morning the delivery driver who was delivering all of the laminate flooring called me saying there was no one there! i rang and texted Vincent for at least 30 mins,feeling very distraught as the delivery driver was not prepared to wait or come back. I rang the driver again and he said it had been received ok. I texted Vincent every 4hrs to find out how he was doing, he did not reply back when the evening before he told me he would send pics every so often. I went to the property at 10.30 the next morning as we had agreed, he told me he expected to be at least 1hr more. I waited in 33c heat for 1hr and rang him again, he let me and my friend in. There was a thick layer of dust and dirt and he had left lots of food packets around. He told me he had not finished.There were gaps where the beading was supposed to be and instead of laying the floor under the washing machine he had stopped at the washing machine. We went back at 2pm and heard him on the phone from the street, he was yelling at someone. We came in and my friend asked him why he had not filled the gaps, he didn't give her an answer. He took £400 cash off me and i asked him to close the front door when he left. When I moved in to the flat I found he had left all of the old carpet in the shower and packed all of the packaging in the cupboards, there was rusty nails and I spent 2hrs taking out all the rubbish and cleaning up, he had even left food packets lying around everywhere, since then my friends have told me that his workmanship was very poor, he had argued me with that he didn't have enough materials and I had rung the supplier,given them the measurements and they had told me had had more than enough. He left a total mess which half killed me dragging out to the bins as it was so heavy, he had left gaps where the floor meets the wall and worse still the beading is coming apart in the kitchen. There were small staples everywhere which indicates he didn't bother securing the beading, he has left gaps everywhere. I hate this guy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! he is a total amateur and i so hope no one employs him! he caused me so much stress and distress, i didn't know if he was going to turn up, i didn't know if he was going to steal the materials and he took all that money from me-he said he was going to charge £50 as he didn't know there was carpet already!, he even told me he would laminate over the carpet! WHOEVER HE IS IF YOU ENCOUNTER HIM DO NOT BOTHER WITH HIM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! HE PROFESSES TO BE A CARPENTER AND GOES UNDER NAME OF VJ CARPENTRY"
"Very good at there job thanks"
"THIS IS JUST A FRONT FOR 'RATED PEOPLE'. Same bad service, same cowboys pretending to be tradesmen."
"I had a leak in my gully area of my roof, Jeff Doolan came around, checked the gully and assured me the leak was coming from there and guaranteed he could fix this. He was here less than three hours said the leak was fixed, charged me £45O, later that day it rained and i still had the leak..i feel ripped off. I have contacted you and you have not answered me..i am going to find out my rights on this matter."
"Still had a leak in my roof . asked them to come back they kept promising but never did. So I had another roofer and fixed the leak ."
"I was contacted by a painter who did one job for me,he left all my doors unlocked when he left and did not call me to let me know if he was coming to finish the job the next day. He turned up the next day with no phone call to Let me know what time,did the job and left,leaving my house unlocked again. He was suppose to come back and do another job for me but this time didn't turn up at all not happy and won't use this site again."
"Peter and his colleagues did a good job and left the work area clean and tidy. They were very professional in their work approach Gretchen Warrington, Great Sankey"
"I was told to take pictures of what I have to get rid of. I did that and was not contacted. Very disappointed. Maybe they thought it wasn't a big job. It would have been courteous to be told."
"Great workmanship,quick,tidy and very polite I highly recommend Ryron and Jack."
"No response"
"Didnt tell me i would be going to their partner! Poor service"
"We had a weekend emergency when the fridge/freezer was out of commission during very hot weather . I put an email on to "Mylocaltoolbos" and had a phone call within 10 minutes and the fault repaired two hours later. Was really pleased with the rapid local response. Would definitely recommend this service!"
MYLOCALTOOLBOX.CO.UK is rated 4.77 based on 1,354 reviews