Musclegun Reviews

of reviewers recommend Musclegun
Read Musclegun Reviews

Tell us how Musclegun made you happy
Having read several reviews on various types of massage guns, I opted for the MuscleGun. I’m so glad I did. The purchase was easy and delivery was super fast.
The product is fantastic for ease of use and the various attachments.
I’ve suffered for years with tight traps/shoulders and since moving to a small hill farm, now my quads, hamstrings and calf muscles. The MuscleGun has helped to ease aches and pains from day to day chores and my weights work outs (when I get the time). Great value for money and will be invaluable to both myself and my husband. Thank you MuscleGun.
I think I’ve even convinced my brother to make a purchase ;-)
Always difficult to determine when you read other reviews and also group tests on products. But it arrived quickly with superb customer services. As for the product, it’s top rate, well made, easy to use, very quite and super instruction booklet. Nicely designed and packaged.
Absolutely fantastic piece of kit. Beautifully made, very quiet and very effective. Highly recommend it !
Delivered promptly. Sturdy, good quality, variety of attachments and a useful guide on how to use it. Battery life good, charges in 1 hour and has been beneficial after training.
Was a bit wary at first in spending a lot of money on this gun but it is well worth the money I will save in paying for massages to my legs. I always get really achy/tight calf muscles but this gun is brilliant for releasing the tension before and after my football games. The fact that the company gives you a 90 day money back guarantee if not happy for this product sold it to me.
I've owned my MuscleGun for about a week now. It's too early to tell if using it is having an impact on recovery, but I can say for sure it certainly feels AMAZING.
Good, does the job. Easy to use. Good attachments and levels. Easy for professionals and non professionals due to the handy booklet.
Great piece of kid very much used and needed for gym recovery
Good instruction manual, even better app to let you know exactly what you should be doing with it and after 14 days of using it after every training session, no DOMS! Brilliant bit of kit, I wish I had bought one sooner.
Seems to be really well made and has definitely eased my post workout muscle soreness. I would definitely recommend.
So far so good! Helped to relief some muscle tension that was causing me grief after runs.

Only had the unit a week but with the various attachment there has been positive experiences
Great product, fantastic build quality, works really well and excellent customer service!
Quality product. Helped relieve my shin splints.
My husband thinks the Musclegun is great.
Good communication to keep me informed of progress with the parcel.
Turned up within a couple of days as advised.
Fantastic customer service. Brilliant product and great after sales. Really pleased
Well made, easy to use and very effective songar on recovery after running and rowing.
If you are at least mildly serious about training or fitness, I think these are a great investment. I went for the larger (Carbon) model and it has added to and/or improved on the range of self-massage tools I have already. Lacrosse balls, foam rollers, the stick, etc. - none of them are as low-effort and accessible as this is.

I was sceptical of massage guns in general, having seen online that lots of massage therapists and physios are doubtful of their effectiveness due to a lack of research. Whilst it has since occurred to me that massage therapists have a very obvious reason for opposing the use of a device which effectively makes their services partially redundant, I have been converted and am now a huge fan of this product.

I've had this about a month now, so have had time to get to grips with it. Now for the specifics of my experience:

Pros:

- Really easy to access most muscles in a way that you can't with other massage tools. E.g. my calves are now looser than they have been since forever - whereas a foam roller or lacross ball pushes the muscle to the side (since you have to put weight on it to get any MFR effect) the Musclegun lets it remain where it is. In fact, I think calves are probably the area of my body which have benefitteed most.
- Whereas getting on the foam roller or the lacross ball is unappealing - you get a sweat on sometimes, have to get in awkward positions, need floor space, etc. - this can have a similar effect with none of the difficulty. Really makes it more appealing to do the soft tissue work you inevitably will need to do if you train even casually. You can even do it whilst you watch TV or scroll through Insta, whatever it is your prefer.
- Good selection of attachments for different purposes. Personally I most heavily use the 'bullet' because it focusses the gun's power on a smaller area and therefore is more effective at working out tight spots.
- It's actually pretty powerful. I rarely need to go to the top setting (5) to get the stimulus I need. 4 is usually good and 3 will do the trick for sensitive spots.
- The ease of use has enabled me to work out tightness in muscles which I didn't even know was there, and, in turn, prompted me to learn more about anatomy and muscle function. E.g. I'd never massaged my TFL before but have since started to address it, which has helped me work through some nagging knee pain I've had.
- Don't be fooled by the 'made in China' label. The build quality is great. It feels really sturdy in the hand and has a nice weight to it without being too heavy. Despite the vigorous, repetitive motion of the motor it does not feel like it will shake itself apart.
- Great packaging, presentation and storage case.
- Warranty is a nice bonus and did help convince me to buy.
- Relatively good battery. Definitely lasts for quite a few sessions depending on how heavily you use it. Recharges in a few hours too. Haven't measured either of these but they haven't been so short/long that it's bothered me.

Cons:
- There's an auto-off function built in which you can't disable. So if you use it long enough (maybe 10-15 mins? I haven't timed it) it will just turn off for you.
- The app that they advertise is not really that useful. It does the job but seems to mostly just cover light massage (like you might do after a workout or run) to help with DOMS, rather than getting into knots to create lasting change in tight muscles, which is what I think most people want for.
- It's quite difficult to use this on your back. You could get someone else to do it for you but then they wouldn't know where the tight spots were.
- I had hoped to use this on my shoulders and neck (desk job issues) but anything above the chest is just uncomfortable because the force of the device just rattles your skull.
- The massage oil is effective but not to the extent that I'd pay £30 for a small bottle of it (when I purchased it was advertised as £30 off the gun plus free massage oil, worth £30). So this just feels a bit of a hollow sales tactic to me, but not that bad as I do feel the gun is good value at £200.

That's pretty much it. Overall I'm very impressed and would definitely recommend if you train in any sport/activity whatsoever and are at least mildly interested in improving your mobility and recovery, or helping with pain. Supplement this with your own research or intuition (i.e. just getting amongst it) into which muscles to use it on, and also keep stretching and doing other mobility work. All in all a great purchase!
Easy to use, stylish presentation /packaging and one very happy husband. He said its his best present ever.
Website is very clearly laid out and informative. Quick order processing, dispatch and delivery.

Product feels premium with packaging and accessories. The Carbon Go build quality is superb, skipped the cheaper guns on the market as you get what you pay for and what you get here is great!

Have only used once but loving it so far.
Musclegun is rated 4.88 based on 175 reviews