Mr Clutch Reviews

Mr Clutch have a Customer Happiness Grade of B-. Customers love their prices and customer service but are unhappy with their refunds. Full Insights

96% of reviewers recommend Mr Clutch
2PM
2PM

Telephone, Live Chat

How would you rate Mr Clutch ?

"Done a MOT and car services recently in Kingston. Not sure about mechanical service level but definitely a disappointing front desk. Left wondering why I would want to visit it again."
"The staff are very friendly and helpful. Elliott at the MK branch went out of his way to ensure that we were informed of the progress on the work and of any problems that appeared during the replacement of the clutch on my car."
"Mr clutch Peterborough avoid avoid they messed my car up so badly that left me in a big financial problam billed me 1800 took the car for a test drive the steering felt yerky so too it to the dealer they told me the wiring was fitted in the wrong place and if my car hits into i would not have a steering so i have kids they did a messy job to make money cost me over 2000 more so kept ringing and harrasing me which i made an complaint to the police demanding for money the good thing is i have all my invoices vodeos and photos looking forward to take them to court its dangerous dont put your life or your kids life in danger your better of paying more money as it stands hes sent random people to my door lol and on top hes trying to bribe the solictors to take on the case lool forwarded to challanging them in court if anyone else has had a bad experiance pm please"
"Been there twice now. Was surprised how helpful they were. Daniel the person I delt with was brilliant. Will be going back to them again and again. Good on price too."
"I would never pay dealer prices for things such as Brakes etc. Excellent and quick rear brake pad replacement on my Mercedes at their Bletchley depot at very good price. No problem"
"After a poor service, problematic issues raised by me at the time, the following day I noticed that my car had been hit. As it was the following day I could not actually point the finger at Mr Clutch, however I know they cause body damage to my car. 6 month’s later I have a flat tyre and whilst annoying, the anger that the last people to have to have used my lock but key was Mr Clutch hugely enraged me! It was not there! Stuck on the M4 with no means to remove my wheel and replace with the spare!!! Incompetence, sluthenly poir CRM, All round a joke I found the maidenhead branch hideous and after my whelk experience I find them dangerous! Do not use this organisation"
"Mr clutch strood very helpful staff very good service as normal have recommended Mr clutch to several people they all got very helpful service as well.well done Mr clutch"
"Had my clutch and gear box change £950 but when I went to pick the car up it wouldn't start call him over he then started it with a booster and said he forgot to charge it drove for about 10miles turned it of wouldn't start called up he came round started it and said it needs a check and so on now he says it needs a new battery £95"
"Avoid at all costs, this company have cost me thousands of pounds and have written off my car! I have been in dialogue with their customer services department for nearly six months in regards to a faulty service that they carried out on my vehicle. Sara Jane Saunders in customer services is a disgrace to her profession as are all of her colleagues and the senior management team. They failed to road test the vehicle (I have proof in the form of mileage pictures), failed to fill in the service report correctly and also fitted a faulty fuel filter to the car which caused the car to break down first thing the next morning meaning I couldn’t get to work on time. I opened a complaint with their customer services team the same evening (18th Oct). The best is yet to come. A few weeks later on 23rd Nov my car broke down at 9pm by the Hindhead Tunnel. This left my pregnant fiancée on the road in freezing cold temperatures. I had to get the car recovered at my expense and was now without a car. The long and short of it was that Mr Clutch had put the wrong oil in my vehicle on the day of the service. This took them nearly four months to admit liability, the whole time I had been and still am fighting with their insurance company to recover my costs. My car has been declared a total write off and they are refusing to issue a refund for the original service! I was never once offered a courtesy car and am fighting to recover my costs for a car that I had to rent on a monthly basis whilst liability was being established. They have conducted themselves in the most appalling manner from the day the car went in for the service and their aftersales has been totally nonexistent. I still have not received an apology of any sort. The above is a short version of events!"
"If you care by your car DO NOT use this company. I had one clutch and 2 motor mounts changed with Mr Clutch and the car was given back to me with the steering column broken by them. I had this issue inspected by other garage and had an report confirming that the motor mounts replacement caused the issue. When escalated, I had one appointment with the regional manager to have the part inspected. I agreed to drive 21 miles to meet him and he didn't even bother to turn up for the appointment ( this just shows that they don't care by you). Following a review I posted regarding this matter costumer services contacted my to ask me to remove my review (so no one would read how bad and dishonest the company is). as a big company they will not take any responsibilities for their mistakes. They wont care with you any more after you make the payment. They see their clients as money to be earn and not as people that is trusting them. To everyone that is thinking of using their services - save money and your car and GO SOMEWHERE ELSE!!!"
"Took Toyota Aygo to Kingston branch at 8.30 am as requested.Spent day with friends waiting for call to pick car up.Had call at 4pm to say car not ready due to issues with another customers car.Friends had to take us home and we had to return next day late afternoon to pick car up.They were very apogetic and the car is running perfectly.Good result."
"This review concerns the branch on 27 Buckingham Ave, Slough SL1 4QA The last time I think, after several years and almost £1000 worth of business. Trying to communicate to the garage manager is MENTALLY exhausting...I cant believe he has lasted this long. I've heard Formula One Auto Centre next door to Mr BAD Clutch is much better, I will be using them next time for my servicing and MOT needs."
"Took my car for MOT and service at the Bromley branch - they were very helpful, finished the service promptly as well as fixing one issue that I'd made them aware of, for a reasonable price. When I picked the car up the man there talked me through the service paperwork, explaining what the different results meant, which I've never experience before at another garage and really appreciated! Will definitely use again."
"In reply to Mr Ali complaint 2 months ago we have resolved the matter and it was agreed to replace clutch under warranty, to Mr Ali's satisfaction"
"Took car for mot it passed but told me they had to put 2 new bulbs in rear nearside got home and checked lighting and indicators not working went back next day and could not fix it.everything was working before had to have auto electrician out cost 72.00 it seems they had blown some fuses they didn't want to know"
"Absolutely awful, first up quoted me £97, then I didn’t hear anything for a week. Suddenly the bill went up to £600 and when I asked why i was given the response “just because that’s what it cost” have been ignored for days on end and have now been without my van for a month because of these rip off merchants. Avoid at all costs! Just an update to the above, I went to get access to my van to get some essential Tools and was not allowed access and given no reason by the half witted receptionist, after wasting 45 minutes of my time,, the manager (who is the only one who has any sense of customer service) spoke calmly and sensibly and attempted to sort the matter. When I left I thought they were going to carry out the work and the manager told me I would have my van by Monday and that my ECU unit would be sent off for appraisal. I also received an email from, the area manager who bribed me to take this review down (imagine how many people have opted for this and imagine how many reviews there should be for this shocking company) she offered no apology and was quite frankly rude. I replied that I would pay for the work if it was done and would keep the review on line only to be texted by the manager, saying that he had been told that he now couldn’t work on my van. My Van was sent to this “garage” on 2nd Nov, it is now 30th November and I have incurred massive costs and stress due to using these cowboys. Please do not make the mistake I did, the company are the worst I have ever dealt with! Just another update Mr Clutch have tried every trick in the book to get me to remove this review, they have said it contains personal information, accused me of lying and made an “information request” despite already knowing the information in order to suspend the review. They plainly know how to exploit this system and they would only do that by consistently getting less than favourable reviews taken down. Do not trust the overall rating as it is plainly manipulated by this company, it’s a shame they don’t put as much effort into fixing my van (which is still not sorted as of 5/12/17) as they plainly do on giving false representation on-line! An extra update, probably because I wouldn’t remove my review, these total idiots have removed my ECU unit with an ANGLE GRINDER!!!! The reputable garage that I did take the van to are absolutely gob smacked at the incompetence of this terrible terrible garage! Please please don’t make the mistake that I did they are not only incompetent but dangerous! Just for clarity this is the Chelmsford Branch in Rainsford Road, the company have now threatened me again in order to get this review taken down, I won’t be backing down but they have tried 4 times with different methods now so imagine how many people have backed down in the face of these bullying tactics! Also not one word of apology so this is plainly commonplace with this company, I reiterate AVOID AVOID AVOID"
"From arrival staff so helpfull and friendly explained everything highly recommended and would definitely use again."
"If you care about your car, this is not the place for you 100%!!!! The worst experience ever! Booked for general service, they couldn't start my car so they dropped it at Perry's with damages. Was without the car for 1 month instead of 3 h. They even broke the battery tray of the car and pretended that they don't know anything about it! It was very unpleasant to deal with Chris ( workshop manager), who is just simply running away from responsibilities. STAY WELL CLEAR from Mr. Clutch!"
"Had "new" front tyres fitted which were filthy and look older than the existing rear pair. Also did not clean my car after a service. Not a good experience."
"The gearbox nearly dropped out Driving down the road, we had a clutch fitted and a duel mass flywheel which they said I needed at Mr Clutch in Manchester on the 15/03/2016 at a cost of £952.54 about 2 weeks ago the car started vibrating from stationary a mobile mechanic came round and looked at it on inspection he noticed that 2 out of 3 of the gearbox mountain bolts had sheared off the 3rd bolt was hanging by a couple of threads, if I had caried on Driving it the result could have been catastrophic,a used gearbox had to be purchased because the holes were to badly damaged to rethread The fault is due to the incompetent work carried out by a so called mechanic at Mr Clutch the car is still covered under the 2 year warranty or 20 thousand miles it’s done just over 10 thousand miles and the warranty runs out in March 2018, I strongly advise anyone looking for clutch work in particular not to use Mr Clutch their work is totally incompetent it always costs more than they quoted and to be quite frank one can not be sure that all the parts one have paid for has been fitted it’s disgusting that they continue to operate but quite frankly this is how they work. Keep well away from Mr Clutch their bad news. Mr v turner.."
Mr Clutch is rated 4.80 based on 2,554 reviews