Matthew James Global Relocations Ltd Reviews

of reviewers recommend Matthew James Global Relocations Ltd
Email, Live Chat, Telephone
Read Matthew James Global Relocations Ltd Reviews

About Matthew James Global Relocations Ltd:

Matthew James is a family business that prides itself on providing excellent service for its customers. Whether you are moving a whole house or just a few precious things, whether they are going across the street or around the world, we’ll take the same care, door to door. If you are not used to moving house, and most people are not, the whole thing can seem a bit daunting. There is so much to do and never enough time in which to do it. That’s where we come in.

+44 1322 251 000

Matthew James Global Relocations Ltd 5 star review on 24th March 2017
Mrs E Portas
Matthew James Global Relocations Ltd 5 star review on 6th March 2017
Mrs W Coles
Very good overall help & service
We moved 2 weeks ago from Kent to Teeside which was a 2 day job. Reece and Martin arrived promptly on day 1 and took care of loading our possessions in a friendly and professional manner. On day 2, again they arrived promptly and unloaded. We were extremely happy with the service we received and now we are almost unpacked, we have not come across any breakages. I would highly recommend Matthew James Global Relocations Ltd for removals. A special thanks to Reece and Martin for making the move go smoothly and stress-free.
Really professional removal company. Good staff and easy to deal with. Moved from Spain to UK furniture was moved in a week! Would recommend
Items removed from Berlin to Warwickshire. Excellent communication with office and drivers of vehicles. Boxes arrived in good order with no damage. Separately wrapped items also were taken care of. Drivers at both ends were helpful and most polite. I would recommend the part load service. Seemed expensive but overall turned out to be good value.
I needed to move two dozens of boxes from France to the UK. Matthew James have responded extremely quickly to my request with a very reasonable quote. From the collection point to the delivery, the services of Matthew James Global Relocation have been outstanding, with great communication, very friendly and professional removal teams. I'm happy to have finally been able to sort this out thanks to Matthew James Global Relocations and can't recommend them enough.
The monumental movement of our entire home, turned out to be a smooth and formulated process. Matthew James personnel and organisation made it a relatively stressless event.

Many thanks to everyone involved
From the time we contacted Mathew James and to the service they provided right through to the move was exceptional .The guys moving us were polite extremely helpful and nothing was to much trouble and made the move less stressful at a stressful time.
Would not hesitate to recommend Mathew James to friends and family .
Moving is stressful but the team were great - super helpful and freindly! Kieren was always on hand with updates and information and was polite abnd helpful. I would absolutely use Matthew James again, but I personally will need a few years before I can cope with moving again...
I have mixed feelings about my experience with Matthew James.
While they were generally very nice and that things went generally ok, the staff didn't strike me as particularly careful with our things, quite the contrary actually, and not surprisingly some damage was done, that I believe could have been avoided. On the pick up side, they totally ruined our stairs with chipped paint and black smears all over them and dents in the walls. One of the guys let a huge box slide on the stairs scrapping all the paint back to bare wood and I had to spend time painting it all over again while I had to deal with the move. While I had taken time to label properly fragile boxes with extra instructions like "this side up", this was ignored and boxes where picked up upside down (I'll come back to that). I had left the picture frames to be packed by them as instructed and here again, a vintage frame was badly handled, fell on the floor and broke.  Some of the furniture was left unwrapped in the street, one of the guy sat in my expensive office chair in the street while waiting to lift it up in the truck and an other sat on my scooter. While this isn't terrible things, it just demonstrates the general carelessness for clients property.  It was also quite painful to see our Imac boxes being thrown carelessly onto the truck... When my partner asked one of the guys to be more careful with her plants, she was met with quite an agressive reaction from one of the guys.
Upon delivery, it was better, the guys were nice and careful, but a lot of hassle occurred because of the company's poor planning. Our house was a bit hard to get to, so I had pay an extra £540 pounds (a lot more than if I had booked it myself) to book a shuttle so the huge truck wouldn't have to come on the small country roads and could park down the village 5 minutes away. The day before I receive a call from the driver explaining me that they had to hire a van 40 minutes away and that only one of them could drive! So he asked if I could come pick them up and do the taxi so the truck could be brought closer meaning I would have had to drive back and forth eight times that day while I had to deal with receiving my things, checking them, etc. Not counting the price of gas... When I complained to the company about it saying I paid for the shuttle and asked why they would send a guy who could not drive, they told me I shouldn't worry about it and that it would be sorted out. The next day, I realized it wasn't and the poor guys had to do four loads with two hours drive in between them! I felt so bad for them and it took them all day to deliver our things. Just because the company couldn't sort it out properly. My scooter's mirrors were removed and the drivers were not told where they had been left. The next day we have to drive an hour away to collect them as they were left in the truck without them knowing. Again, bad organisation and bad communication that impacted their staff...and us.Upon inspection a lot of our things had few marks or dents on them which wasn't surprising after seeing how they were handled. For the money paid, which isn't cheap, I was expecting a better level of service, to be honest.
When I complained about it all, I was refunded £200 which, to their credit, they didn't have to.  But at some point the boss sort of argued that my international move was complicated, hence all these problems. While I totally agree that an international move is complicated, this is also why we pay a lot of money to hire a company that specializes in these and I found this very strange to give me this as an excuse. Once the refund had been settled, the boss then bluntly asked me for a positive review and it really felt like he was buying his review. Reviews are important to me as a customer and I will chose a company based on them and real experiences, so I believe I have to leave in turn reviews based on my actual experience, which is what I'm doing right now. Two days later, I finally unpack the box with my vintage turntable in it, the one that had been handled the wrong way despite the written instructions. And sure enough, the lid, that had been replaced two month earlier, was broken. When I raised it, this was simply ignored which they were within their right to do. And I am now using my right to write an honest and detailed review and I'm afraid that, based on my experience, I can not recommend Matthew James, nor will I use this company ever again.
Very reliable. Totally recommend!
We worked with Raj who provided excellent service and catered to our ever changing criteria. Would highly recommend Matthew James for your relocation needs/storage.
Really easy to deal with , well organised with great packaging solutions for difficult items and most importantly great staff..... All Good
Steve Taylor
Twice in the last months Matthew James have sent me the most fantastic teams to help with a very difficult move. The lads went above and beyond expectations, helping make this stressful time run as smoothly as possible. Many thanks to Mark and his team!
Absolutely brilliant company, from my first enquiry to the delivery of our bits to our new house the people from Matthew james were professional and helpful. I wouldnt hesitate in recommending them to anyone.
Matthew James Global Relocations Ltd 5 star review on 14th October 2019
I was very happy with the relation and the fact that you succeeded to change the date forward on a very short notice. Also very happy with the crew that came and packed the house and the crew that delivered especially as the goods had to be delivered at 3 different locations. All went very smooth.
Matthew James made our move easy. Always friendly and professional, from the office staff to the guys who moved us. Everything packed securely and transported without any hitches. Would highly recommend them, and will use them again for future moves.
Good service
I was extremely happy with the services. The agent Raj who contacted me to book the removal was very friendly and customer service orientated. He was very helpful and guided me through the entire process very efficiently. The actual removal went very smoothly and all items arrived on time and 100% complete. Staff were super friendly and helpful. I highly recommend Matthew James Ltd
We were very impressed with the Matthew James team. All people we spoke to on the telephone or met in person were very friendly, helpful and efficient. The packing up and transportation of our things from Andalucia to Scotland was done much quicker than originally estimated. Everything arrived safely and in one piece. I would recommend this company to everyone!
Collection and delivery was very good. The only issue I had was that we were given very late notice on the delivery day... I would expect planning to be such to at least give us a 48 hour window to plan ourselves when we would receive our things
Matthew James Global Relocations Ltd is rated 4.89 based on 233 reviews