Mae Jum Herbs and Spices Reviews

of reviewers recommend Mae Jum Herbs and Spices
Read Mae Jum Herbs and Spices Reviews

About Mae Jum Herbs and Spices:

Mae Jum Sumunprai delivers the best in 100% Natural Thai Herbs and Spices, bringing the goodness, wellbeing and aroma to your home.

info@maejum.com

Mae Jum Herbs and Spices 5 star review on 16th July 2020
June Chonnasan
Easy to use
They were very good
First tine using this company but found it very easy to navigate and order from. Delivery was good.
Sorry it has taken a while to respond, but I wanted to thank you for taking the time to leave your feedback, it all matters. Jum
Website very good, delivery not too. Bad
quick delivery well packaged
Hello Mel, I appreciate your higher rating for our delivery and packaging, but its the product that matters the most, and whether you would recommend to friends and family. I sincerely appreciate your feedback, because if there is something we can learn to make it better, I am all for it. Jum
Very nice tasting curry paste. I would prefer 1 which is non vegan overall lovely.
Hello Gary, thank you for taking the time to share your review with others, we always appreciate the time people take to give us feedback.

It looks like we may have just missed the top accolade due to the fact that we have not included a non-vegan version, however, I would like to expand on this point because it is quite important to us.

Our pastes are not vegan for the sake of being vegan, or an attempt to jump onto the proverbial bandwagon. Our paste are made from a traditional recipe and presented in a way that you will find in many Thai markets around my country. That is to say, just a blend of fresh herbs, spices and salt, and nothing more, i.e. No Shrimp paste, artificial additives.

Shrimp paste is a pungent, strong aroma ingredient that is traditional in the making of Thai Curry, but it is normally added at the time of cooking, and not mixed in with the paste when sold at the market. We also believe that adding this ingredient with the fresh herbs and spices prior to packing will simply deteriorate the fragrance, aroma and taste of the natural fresh herbs.

What we have, therefore, is a completely natural blend that happens to be suitable for vegans. We will never produce a product that is not authentic or traditional in its presentation and appearance, which is what we believe makes our products special.

I hope this better explains why the pastes are as they are, and I hope you will enjoy them more with this in mind. You can, and should add Shrimp Paste (which is now much more freely available in the UK) and/or add some fish sauce to taste. However, the other advantage is that for some dishes, it is better with less or no shrimp paste, and that isn't possible when it has already been added.

I hope this helps. Enjoy, and thank you :-)

Jum
Think the paste should have a spicer taste, number 2 is actually quite mild, I certainly like it at 3 minimum.
Hello Ken, thank you for taking the time to leave a message. Actually, my husband likes it hot too. The heat level is just a guide, I've found different people have vastly different thresholds for spice, so even a 2 can be too hot.

What I have tried to do is make it to how I normally made it while growing up in Thailand or living in the UK. However, what we normally have on the table is a sauce (common in Thailand) to serve as a sort of condiment, like we would have salt and pepper. So we use this to spice things up a little. We plan to post some more recipes, so I will include this too, so please subscribe to our website to stay updated.

Basically, finely chop a few red and green fresh Thai chillis, add to a small shallow bowl, with an equal mix of fish sauce and lime juice, so it covers the chilli. Some like to add some finely sliced shallots too. Best to prepare in advance, so the chilli has time to diffuse, and then add a little (or more) of this over your dish to taste. Try it and let me know. Jum
Prompt delivery, well packed. Only used Red Curry do far, very good.
Thank you Carol for taking the time to share your experiences with others, it really is appreciated. Let me know how the others curries go. Jum
Good ordering and delivery service
Thank you for taking the time to leave a review, it is most welcome. Jum
Excellent quality, just like home made.
All very easyyyyy
Thank you for your feedback, it is always welcome and helpful. Jum
Excellent service and quick delivery
Quicker than expected delivery