Lowry Jewellers Reviews

Alex Owen
Lowry Jewellers 5 star review on 5th August 2019
Lowry Jewellers 5 star review on 2nd April 2019
Missing earing back ☹️
communication was poor phoned about an enquiry as not had confirmation on my delivery details, to be told I had to send an email which I did, and still had no reply
Hi
Last Saturday I bought two watches, a Royal London relative cheapie for myself and a £150 Skagen watch for my wife.
On arriving home my wife noticed that the clock time hadn't moved on whatsoever from the time we left the shop, 4.40pm.
My wife was gutted as this was a birthday present and it didn't work, in other words we had been sold a pup.
Initially we decided that we would demand a refund as we had been sold a product that was faulty . However, as my wife loved the watch we decided that if offered a new battery we would accept that, as long as that was the fault. I would say the the girls on the counter were impeccable in their behaviour and did not cause the problem.
I rang the shop this morning and was offered an instant battery replacement which I accepted after chiding the shop assistant politely.
She called Andrew, presumably the boss who promptly replaced the battery free of charge. However, Andrew did not show his face despite being just round the corner and there was not a word of apology from him. Apart from the disappointment I wasted my time returning to the shop and also had to pay a parking charge. Such a lack of concern for the customer.
I am appalled how you could sell a watch with a flat battery, unbelievable, so your procedures are greatly at fault. If the watch had a second hand the fault might have been apparent.
My own Royal watch? Well is my battery about to go flat?
I would not recommend Lowrys and will not shop there again.
Mervyn Robb
Hillsborough
Paid for next day delivery, didnt arrive on the day so it ruined the birthday surprise
The watch advertised shows that the watch is very easy to read. However. In reality, unless you are reading the watch dial in extremely good light then the dial and face are almost impossible to to see at all, let alone clearly. The three smaller dials are a complete waste of time as they cannot be seen and are badly designed.
I have simply made a very bad choice in choosing this watch. The photographs of the watch in question are misleading.
Mr M J Charnock