kate & tom's Reviews

402 Reviews

We’re a small company with one big wish: for you to enjoy an extraordinary holiday, celebration or adventure.

We’re all about good times and friendly luxury.

Making extraordinary memories. Whatever the occasion, whatever the backdrop we have an incredible house for you.

hello@kateandtoms.com

Verified Reviewer

Accommodation excellent. Some minor issues during stay but were resolved quickly
Good Afternoon,

Thrilled to hear you had such an enjoyable stay. I'll be sure to pass on your kind words to the owner of the property.

Sarah W
Verified Reviewer

Efficient response to e-mails and excellent on the detail and quality of properties
Hi Sarah,

Thanks for taking the time to leave a review. We really do value all the feedback we receive from our guests. I hope you and your party had a wonderful stay at Meadowbank House.

Rachel
Verified Reviewer

We had a fabulous stay in a wonderful property, plus I really liked the relaxed style of the team.
Hi Rachel,

So pleased to hear you had such a lovely stay at Valley House. I will be sure to pass on your feedback to the team as well.

Ros
Verified Reviewer

Stunning house, spacious and high quality. Lovely views and good location.
Hi Ros,

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. We love hearing from our guests upon their return and I really am so glad to hear that you had such an enjoyable stay at the Gallery House. I'll make sure your feedback is passed on to the owners.

Camilla &
Verified Reviewer

I was contacted at regular intervals with lots of valuable information. 'The Shed' and its owners were AMAZING! I cannot rate this house enough.
Hi Both,

I am so happy to hear that you and your party had such a wonderful a The Shed. I will be sure to pass on your praise to the owners as well as the team here in the office.

Verified Reviewer

The booking was fairly straight forward and we secured the house we wanted although we did book almost a year in advance.
Despite advising that this was a repeat booking to the same house at the same time of year (New Years) I still received the standard email back telling me all about the house. No acknowledgement that I was a repeat customer, bearing in mind I am booking on behalf of 22 people so this is not a small booking. The first query I sent to my contact from the booking the year before to ask availability was answered so I made another query via the website.
A couple of mistakes were made when quotes were sent through which led to subsequent emails to clarify dates, number of nights and the price. A query about which night we could start our stay from from was unanswered for a week and I had to prompt and answer with another email.
Hello,
I am so sorry to hear that your service was not able to meet your expectations. In the year since you booked with us, we have worked very hard to improve our custom levels and hopefully this is apparent in reviews from more recent bookers.
I do hope that you enjoyed your stay at Lambourn House in spite of the booking problems that you faced.
Best wishes,
Jessica - Head of Client Services
James
Verified Reviewer

The organisation for booking the house and the information provided subsequently through a answering a number of questions was excellent and rapid.

Please note that on the website the key facts state there are 3 family bathrooms but the description under bed rooms fails to mention the second family bathroom on the first floor.

In terms of the house itself, while very good it looked tired with many lamps out and in need of a deep clean (it needs a bit of TLC). That said it was well equipped, particularly in the kitchen but it could do will more bowls for mixing and storage (possibly we challenged the kitchen equipment by trying to cook for 11 on Christmas day and 14 on boxing day!).

We also had a an incident on Christmas day when the large bath in one of the 1 st floor bathrooms filled the adjacent shower trays (in the same bathroom and the en suite next door, when emptying. The house keeper seemed unaware of this and in addition the tap for the bath had a shower attachment which was not fitted or blanked off so that if the lever was in the wrong position the water came out of the shower leg of the tap onto the wall. Luckily there was a strategically placed wooden shelf that allowed the water to run into the bath not down the back of it! Not what one would want to happen on Christmas day!

One the TVs did not have remote control making it difficult to operate and the sky system did not seem to work.

All this was reported to the housekeeper.

All in all we had an excellent time and none of the above distracted from our enjoyment of the house.
Hello James,
Thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback on Lambourn House.

Firstly, I am so pleased to hear that you had a wonderful time at the property, it is a great space for such a large number of people!

In regards to the comments you have left, please be assured that I will pass these on to the owner as I feel these things are simple fixes that will make the stay much more enjoyable for future guests.

Once again, I am pleased to hear that you had a great time and I hope that we can welcome you back to another kate & tom's house in the near future.

- Jessica, Head of Client Services
Sean T
Verified Reviewer

Efficient booking experience, kept informed
Good Morning Sean,

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. I am so glad you found our processes to be efficient, I will be sure to pass the feedback back to my team.

Donna
Verified Reviewer

They were so efficient, relied very quickly to any queries- a true joy to work with.
Hi Donna,

Thank you ever so much for taking the time to leave such review. I'll be sure to pass on your lovely words to my whole team.

Craig

found a suitable property
Hi Craig,

Thanks for leaving a review. I am so glad the team helped to find you a suitable property and I hope you and your party had a most enjoyable stay at The Hollies.

Audrey
Verified Reviewer

Great house for large family gathering.
Hi Audrey,

I am delighted you found The Hollies such a great place for you and your family. I'll be sure to pass your feedback on to the owners.

Maggie
Verified Reviewer

The staff went over and above to find us suitable accommodation last minute. They kept in contact daily and were very helpful and friendly. The booking system was straightforward and again they resolved any queries very promptly.
Hi Maggie,

I am delighted that the team were able to help you and you had such a pleasant experience. I hope you and your guests had a wonderful stay at Sweetoaks and we look forward to helping you again in the future.

David
Verified Reviewer

Very efficient and pleasant to deal with.
Hi David,

Thanks for taking the time to leave a review. I hope you and your guests had a wonderful stay at Churchill Wood.

Christmas 2
Verified Reviewer

A stunning house looked after very attentively by Housekeeper Diana and her team.

All well but just wondered why the Sky boxes do not allow guests to record? Would have been very useful at Christmas when people wanted to watch programmes later (say) after a walk?

The TVs aren't Smart TVs so a more up to date digibox or DVD player with access to iPlayer (for example) would also be useful.

The welcome brochure urgently needs updating for the correct post code for the property:

"Enjoying your stay at Marsden Manor", received just before we set off, says Postcode: GL7 7HD and NOT the correct code GL7 7EU. PLEASE AMEND!
Good Afternoon,

Thank you ever so much for your feedback. The guest pack has been updated and I will pass the other feedback on to the necessary parties.

Wendy S
Verified Reviewer

Excellent property - really well maintained and equipped, looked good on your website but was even better in reality
Hi Wendy,

So pleased to hear that your expectations were exceeded upon arrival and thank you so much for taking the time to let us know. I'll be sure to pass your lovely feedback on to the owners.

Ross
Verified Reviewer

The location is great. Both in terms of being easy to find and get to for people around he country. And also in terms of the nice countryside and pubs within a short walk or drive around you. The house itself is very well kept and the dining and huge living room provided a perfect setting for a group of 16 to socialise all together! Fantastic stay!
Hi Ross,

I am so pleased to hear you had such a wonderful stay at Elephant & Castle, we all love that house too. The owner will be thrilled with the feedback so i'll be sure to pass it on. We look forward to helping you plan your next stay.

Talita

Perfect location
Perfect service
Most memorable experience
Hi Talita,

Thank you ever so much for taking the time to leave such a lovely review. I hope you and your party had the most wonderful time at The Rectory. I'll be sure to pass your lovely words onto the wider team.

Roger F
Verified Reviewer

Great family weekend, River Wye house was made very welcoming with Christmas tree all lit up on our arrival, outside good walks & views.

Just to make you aware the wood burner in kitchen filled room with smoke when we tried to light it
Hi Roger,

Thrilled to hear that you and your family had such a good weekend at River Wye House. Thank you for the feedback regarding the wood burner, i'll be sure this is promptly passed back to the house manager.

Anne
Verified Reviewer

I was very impressed with the prompt responses to questions I raised about the property.
Hi Anne,

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review, we really do love hearing from our guests. I am so pleased you had such a positive experience and I hope you and your party had a lovely time at Ferring Beach Houses.

Barbara

Fantastic House
Hi Barbara,

So glad to hear that you love The Old Rectory as much as we do!

kate & tom's is rated 4.63 based on 402 reviews