Gymboree Play & Music UK Reviews

of reviewers recommend Gymboree Play & Music UK
Email, Live Chat, Telephone
Read Gymboree Play & Music UK Reviews

About Gymboree Play & Music UK:

Gymboree Play & Music has been fostering creativity and confidence in children ages 0-5 for over 40 years. Designed by experts, our age-appropriate activities help develop the cognitive, physical and social skills of children as they play. Our programs are also recognized for their unique approach to parent involvement—which encourages participation in and understanding of each child’s development.

headoffice@gymboreeclasses.co.uk

Tell us how Gymboree Play & Music UK made you happy
Would you like to add photos or videos?
Gymboree Play & Music UK 5 star review on 6th April 2020
Alejandro
Gymboree Play & Music UK 5 star review on 23rd January 2020
Gymboree Play & Music UK 5 star review on 23rd January 2020
More Photos & Videos
Went for a taster session today. Lots of babies in the class and felt maybe too many as unable to use the equipment in the time allocated in the class. Also found quite off putting that four mothers thought it would be great to change their babies nappies at the end of the class on the soft play floor when there was a perfectly adequate and free baby change facility. didn’t like to think that my baby had just been rolling over the floor. I noticed during the class that the floor was quite dirty with hairs and dust despite it being Monday morning.
I have join the gymboree in other country before , and i can see the price and the service is a lot difference , cheaper here , but for the environment isn't that good as other one , and also i think the staff here have to Do a lot job more than a teacher , like make coffee and running the cafe upstairs , so sometimes i can see they lost bit passion while they are on the class , don't blame them on that as they have to Do everything . also the main reason for me to leave is there's too many kids in the class , if the appointment is necessary , so why can they control the amount ? how can the teacher pay more attention on each kid? sometimes the class feels like a market , over 12 kids and parents , just let the kid play themselves ? can't accept it . and it isn't a soft play ground , if it is , too expensive .
(Bristol) -
When we first joined it was great to have access to open gym every day. The classes were good but after a few classes, they felt very repetitive. Once we went up a level they got better but overall we felt there's not enough variety in the classes. The teachers are great though, very engaging with the babies/kids. The last few months of our membership were not great, difficult to book classes (no one picking up the phone or responding to emails), it just felt they were understaffed.
(East Dulwich) -
We used to love going to Gymboree St Albans, however we’ve found over the last few months my little boy has lost interest. The new instructors are not as engaging (for children) and informative (for parents). The old instructors always made sure to engage the child, help and teach them. They also used to explain, often individually, how to help, develop and encourage your own child with certain skills.

We’ll unfortunately be stopping Gymboree soon.
(St Albans) -
Thank you for taking the time to offer us feedback at Gymboree Play & Music St Albans - we really appreciate it.
We take staff training very seriously and endeavour to make sure each teacher is equipped with the confidence and knowledge to teach a class successfully.
We are sorry to hear you feel as though our new staff member has not met that criteria just yet. If you would like to offer us anymore feedback then please do not hesitate to get in touch with us directly.
Gymboree Play & Music St Albans team. We'd really appreciate it.
The classes are a 4-5 good at least on Saturdays. There are 2 teachers that need to improve.
And the space I believe is too small and should be more spacious so the kids can play without bumping I to each other.
Thanks
David
(Putney) -
Some weeks are better than others.
I get really annoyed that whenever I come to Gymboree about 4 days later my baby is always ill.

I feel that the toys should be washed in hot water soapy water. They are cheap enough to have plenty to rotate and clean.
The environment needs to be much cleaner

I feel you should have stricter policies around children’s illness.

Also one of your employees holding a class had a cough for 2 weeks. If you have symptoms you are contagious google it.
As a result my baby had a cough for 2 weeks
(Solihull) -
When my daughter was born, Gymboree Surbiton was our saviour. Lucy, Katie and Natalie were amazing and helped us get through a very anxiety ridden time. Going to Gymboree made us extremely happy.
(Surbiton) -
The staff are what makes gymboree good but all the good staff have left or are leaving.
I feel like gymboree needs to invest some money in to this branch as it looks a bit tired, there doesn't seem to be any marketing done either as none of my my friends even know that Gymboree exists! It could be a goldmine if run properly because baby classes are so popular in the area I live and the location of this branch is so good
(Watford) -
Baby enjoyed it, baby football and gymbo were favs. However it was expensive for what it was, especially having the membership cost
(Wandsworth) -
My daughter loved it, the equipment was good quality and I had friends that attended too. Unlimited over summer.

I am confused by this review? Where is the box for "Tell us how it could be improved"? In which I would mention that the staff were not particularly professional, and it was quite expensive for what it was.
(Sevenoaks) -
Thank you for your review. Please go to www.gymbolistens.co.uk and share with us your concerns as we'd like to address them. You can also email headoffice@gymboree-uk.com if you prefer. Thank you, Susannah
Hello. We have been going to Gymboree since my daughter was a baby she is now 2. I find the classes for her lacking in engagement from the teachers with mostly free play and note that they are starting 10 minutes late (and not running over) each week. My nanny said it is not as clean as it used to be sometimes the hoovering is going on during class start time and the teachers seem new. She said one was reading from a book. We used to really love it but now find we are paying for just soft play with little instruction.
It is a shame as my daughter enjoys herself and it used to be so good. Not sure what has happened
(Islington) -
Hi there, thanks so much for your review, it's so important that we hear feedback from our members, we're always looking to improve our service to ensure excellent classes are always experienced. We understand that running to time is very important, especially when working with little ones and this is something we will look to tighten up on. If it is ever impossible to start a class on time teachers are instructed to always ensure members have a full 45 min class. We have experienced some inconsistency with the clocks which has now been rectified so thank you for this feedback- we will definitely endeavour to keep more to time.

We take cleanliness very seriously at Gymboree, we believe in children having a safe clean environment to explore and play, we are proud of our play environment and are often praised by members for its cleanliness. If we are seen cleaning or hoovering, it is only because we are doing extra cleaning between classes to ensure the play space is clean and inviting place for children and adults to explore. We have not changed in any way the deeper cleaning time that takes place at start and close of day.

When new teachers join the team, there is always a short period of time for 'finding flow' and whilst this is inevitable, I apologise if you feel that it has affected your Gymboree experience in any way. We are very confident in the teachers we hire and support their learning process to ensure class excellence is provided in a timely manner. Our new teachers are very excited to be part of the Hackney & Islington team and really look forward to getting to know you and your little one on the play floor soon!

All the best,

Jenny (Head Teacher, Gymboree Hackney & Islington)
My son does enjoy the lessons but I feel it's the same activities every lesson and I'm not sure if my son would enjoy a higher level because he seems to be a bit advanced.
Other than this it's fun
(Islington) -
Hi there Gymboree member, thanks so much for your feedback. It is so important to hear from you as it shows the Gymboree team that we need to support carers more by better sharing the benefits of repetition. As you may know, Gymboree programmes are all devised and updated by experts in childhood development and done so in a way that each class level has a similar structure with the same lesson plan being repeated over two weeks. At Gymboree we know that infants' learning is experience dependent and that the repetition of experiences is literally building your little one's brain! We therefore aim for all of our classes to have a balance between novel activities which provide challenge and repetitive activities to support learning and harness confidence. All of our classes are aimed to meet the developmental needs of the whole child and consequently have such small age brackets. We appreciate however that nobody knows your son like you do so if you still feel the same at your next visit, please come and speak with the team and we can discuss finding your son a more appropriate class. Many thanks, Jenny. (Head Teacher, Gymboree Hackney & Islington).
A good set up with excellent facilities however at times during classes felt the lead teacher could be more pleasant it often felt like she would rather be anywhere else and was quite rude.
(Solihull) -
Thanks so much for your review. We are pleased that you enjoyed the facilities at the site but sorry to hear you have had a negative experience with one of our staff members. We take all feedback seriously and do take your comments on board. We will take steps to address this going forward and thank you once again for taking the time to give us your feedback, Best wishes Gymboree Solihull
Gymboree Play & Music UK is rated 4.77 based on 643 reviews