Go Assist Ltd Reviews

Read Go Assist Ltd Reviews

customerservices@go-assist.co.uk

Richmond HouseRichmond Hill

Tell us how Go Assist Ltd made you happy
Had my heating element replaced at what was quite an extortionate price, originally they wanted £104 for the part, then reduced it to £84 when it was available on line for ~£40.
Soon as we ran the dishwasher after the engineer had fitted the part we had a leak. They came back to fix the leak and said it was OK, then when we ran it again for a full wash it leaked again all over our kitchen floor. Now they refuse to come out (unless I pay another call out charge) as I have to prove the fault was caused by the engineer although we didn't have the leak in the first place. I should have read the reviews in the first place, I would recommend anyone else to give this service provider a wide berth.
Thank you for making us aware of your thoughts regarding the recent service you received from us, and we are sorry to hear that the repair of your appliance has not been smooth sailing.

Unfortunately, as per our terms and conditions, we are only able to use suppliers for parts that our engineers are in contracts with, helping us make sure only the right parts are sourced.

As discussed with our customer service team, the latest fault is different from the original fault (water not heating enough to clean dishes) and therefore it would incur a separate callout fee.

Team Go Assist
Avoid this company at all costs. They are a complete shambles and untrustworthy.
My experience with this company which is still ongoing has been nothing short of disgraceful. They have no regard whatsoever for customer care.
My dealings began on 5th August 2020
When I called Go Assist in respect of a faulty main oven control knob to our Stoves Cooker.
An engineer arrived and after a quick examination told us we needed a new thermostat and control knob for the oven. He then stated if we wanted the repair done we would have to pay for the parts up front before they could be delivered to him.
That same day we paid Go Assist a total of £163.76 for the parts which included an extra control knob for the grill as the setting marks had worn away on the existing one.
Go Assist then encouraged us to take an insurance plan for our cooker at a cost of £67 which we did.
Days and weeks went by and we heard nothing. I have made at least a dozrn calls to them requesting an update and on each occassion was told that they had obtained the thermostat but that there was no ETA for the control knobs. This went on for weeks with more calls from me to them with the same response regarding the control knobs. Utterly frustrated I called the engineers on the 10th November 2020 and asked where the control knobs were being sourced from and was told Stoves direct. On that same day I contacted Stoves direct and was told that they no longer manufactured the control knobs and they were obselete and had been for some considerable time. Following this development I again contacted the engineers who have agreed that they cannot therefore carry out the repair to the cooker .
I contacted Go Assist again to tell them of this development but they were less than helpful. I asked them to comment on why I could find out this information in one phone call to Stoves in November when they had had three months to do the same but hadn't. They passed the buck to the engineers.
Unbelievably I am now in the position that after THREE MONTHS of dealings with Go Assist my cooker cannot be repaired and I have paid them £231 in the process.
Since then I have made several calls to Go Assist in an effort to get a full refund of the £231. At this point in time they are refusing to refund me the full cost of the thermostat stating that the item is not returnable therefore not refundable despite the fact that I have NOT taken possession of the thermostat as it still remains with the engineers.
I have had to persistently contact Go Assist at regular intervals to obtain updates. Not once have they contacted me. Every time I have called I speak to a different person who then has to put me on hold for at times up to 10 to 15 minutes in order to "read my file." I am thoroughly exasperated with this company who appear to treat their customers with contempt.
Please be aware and read the reviews before thinking of using them.
Thank you for providing feedback of your experience with our services and we are sorry to hear that it has not been smooth sailing. We have investigated this on the system and can see that you have had recent conversations with Michael who has advised of a goodwill gesture to refund you some monies. We can appreciate your frustrations regarding the delay and lack of communication, as this is not the level of customer services that we look to offer our customers. Once again, we apologise for the difficulties you faced with the repair and appreciate the feedback given - Team Go Assist
Nine weeks and they’ve fix....oh no they haven’t....they haven’t lifted a finger. Do not trust this shambles of an outfit
Avoid this outfit at all costs. They are the biggest rip off I've ever encountered. £119 for an engineer to call and remove an oven door. Two weeks later nothing. I called them and after 25 minutes on hold they asked for a further £95 to do the repair. I am now waiting for the door to be returned unrepaired.
They claim low cost, fast repairs. They are lying.
Contacted Go-Assist 3 weeks ago for fridge/freezer repair. Still waiting for quote on parts. I have rang 6 times and emailed 3 times with very little communication back. I requested a refund and declined.
Very quick on taking your money but not on fixing the problem with your appliance.
Avoid this company.
It’s a struggle to even give this company one star. Firstly they don’t leave you alone once you enter your details for a quote for a repair, constant text messages and phone calls as soon as they have your number. I needed my washing machine fixed as the drum was dislodged, I told them this over the phone and they said it would be £119 to repair. A man came to my house and looked at the machine for 2 minutes then confirmed that it was the drum causing the issue and left. I then received an email to say it would be an extra £400 to actually get the parts to fix it. The washing machine itself only cost around £250. Absolutely ridiculous considering they knew the brand and the problem before anyone even came round. I’m disgusted in their service and would advise anyone NOT to go to them for a repair.
8 weeks in and still the same nonsense....why would anybody phone when you don’t answer and cannot do anything constructive. Shambles

Hi Damian. Thank you for contacting us and we are sorry to hear you have had some difficulties hearing from the team. The engineers have been trying to contact you regarding the repair of your oven door and to discuss the part enquiry further with you. Please don't hesitate to give us a call to discuss this further - Team Go Assist
Repair Number LBR 52599
I contacted this company on 5th October for a repair to an Electrolux EOD 5310 oven. I was also persuaded to take out Breakdown insurance for this item and my Hob and Extractor.
The repair was to be done on 8th October. On the afternoon of 8th October I was advised that the engineer was unable to fine spare parts for this Oven. Tis was a surprise as the spares very readily available on the Internet. After exchanging emails on 9th October it transpired that the company had asked for a repair of a Fisher and Paykel oven using the details of my Electrolux oven. The correct details were finally established and I was promised that an engineer would be in touch the arrange to undertake the repair. As I had not been contacted by the engineer I used this company's on lone chat service on 12th October, it is useless to use their phone lines as the wait time. in my experience is excessive. I was assured that the repair would be rebooked and the insurance policy details corrected. THe repair was finally effected on the evening of 16th October ibn a satisfactory manner. I have not yet received the corrected Insurance documents . I paid for the parts before the engineer left. This morning I have received a text message that my oven can be repaired and providing a link to arrange the repair!! I am therefore completely dissatisfied with the service provided
Thank you for providing feedback regarding your recent experience with our services. We have reached out with Trustpilot to gain some more information so that we can investigate this further. Team Go Assist
Seven weeks - just count that - seven weeks. No correspondence, no timeframe. Do not touch this lot with a barge pole. They have no intention of solving your problem, they simply want your money and then to remain silent. Scandalous bunch. Steer clear
Filled in a form for a quote. Now being harassed via email and SMS. The normal means to unsubscribe from the emails and STOP SMS conveniently don't work. I've fixed my issue with another firm, but they are just harming there reputation by taking a short sighted view of unsubscribing leads. GDPR complaint is getting prepped now.
AVOID at all costs, customer care is an absolute joke!
AVOID at all costs!
1 Star review given because you can't give lower!

Called Go-Assist for a dishwasher fault Error code 15 and they appointed NAC to attend. Engineer gave it a very quick look over, extracted a small piece of debris from the filter drain and reset the machine before leaving. 30 minutes later, the machine stopped again with the same code displayed and a full base of water.

Go-assist were alerted and several weeks passed before the same engineer reappeared. Having informed him that E15 (Siemens confirmation) was an internal leak code, he refused to accept that this machine could possibly leak as it had a sealed tank. He did another reset and tried to apportion blame to a copper pipe that has never leaked (which we tested with him in attendance), but had a a very small green streak which was left from installation 10 years ago. He left within 10 minutes and the machine failed again after half an hour.

I called Siemens directly and they confirmed the E15 code was an internal leak to which end I called the engineer directly and informed him Siemens's diagnosis. He refused to return to fix the fault as he claimed there was no fault with the machine when he left. Siemens advised this code would not be displayed in such a short space of time (typically mid-cycle)

Subsequently, significant water damage from the machine emanated through the kitchen units causing in excess of £10,000 damage! I called out a Siemens engineer to rectify the fault and he was incredulous that the engineer from NAC hadn't even bothered to remove the door and look for a leak? Once the door was removed, the leak was clearly visible from the sump pump and drain which if properly addressed in the first instance, would of been repairable. Such was the damage that there was no alternative but to replace the unit and an extensive repair is in progress to replace the kitchen units.

Follow up with Go-Assist has been dreadfully stressful. It is impossible to speak to anyone in customer care or complaints other than by email. This highly unprofessional approach continued by not responding to email and phone calls only achieved responses of "we are following up a compliant with NAC and awaiting their response." Despite a plethora of evidence provided by the loss adjusters, Plumbers, kitchen installer and Siemens Engineers (paid for by me) they refuse to accept the leak came from the machine or that their engineers diagnosis was flawed from the outset. They now refuse to respond knowing full well they are liable for the damage caused. Having removed the offending unit, the damage could not be clearer, but GA refuse to accept any responsibility whatsoever! Images below are of the internal leak damage taken by the Siemens engineer which Go-assist refuse to accept. Further damage spread to a significant potion of the kitchen island requiring a complete rebuild.

Unless your fault is a simple fix on/off reset, be warned...get an independent assessment, have a plumber in attendance, but ideally use D&G or call the manufacturer and pay for real expertise!!
Dear diary. Six weeks in now. As the nights draw in I wonder will they ever do as they promised? Will they fix the door they broke, let alone the oven I asked them to? My elderly mother and my kids grow weaker (and more Italian) by the day as they are forced to eat nothing but pasta....this company is more of a mess than the spaghetti Bolognese the kids have just eaten....
Horrendous. First engineer no problems. Terrible communication. Held hostage to pay for more parts due to their errors in order forms. Second engineer was a no-show and they want me to pay for a third visit. I'm reporting them to every ombudsman I can. Just go to a trusted local.
Thank you for providing feedback on your recent experience with our service. We have received the additional information you provided on Trustpilot.

We appreciate your frustrations however, as per our terms and conditions, we cannot provide a refund due to the engineer attending and diagnosing and due to parts having been ordered. An email was sent on the 08/10/2020 giving further explanation regarding our terms and conditions - Team Go Assist
Dear Diary. 5 weeks, 3 days. They don’t write, they don’t call. Heartbroken as much as I am Ovenbroken
Thank you for updating your feedback regarding your experience with Go Assist. We apologise for the delay in getting back to you, we are currently waiting to hear from your engineer. This has been passed to the team to look into as a matter of urgency. Team Go Assist
ENGINEER HAS NOT CALLED OR PHONED AS PROMISED, SPENT
WASTED DAY WAITING AND DO INTEND TO COMPOUND THE FELONY, JUST WHAT MY MONEY BACK.
SHOULD HAVE READ THE REVIEWS FIRST.
DISGUSTED OF FETCHAM.
Thank you for making us aware of the recent service you have received. We understand your frustrations regarding waiting for an engineer who has not yet attended. We look to provide fast and efficient repairs, and as this is not the level of service you have received, we would like to investigate this further. Please can you send an email to marketing@emailbig.co.uk with your reference number and postcode.Team Go Assist
1 star is 1 star too many!
DO NOT USE THIS COMPANY UNLESS YOU HAVE MONEY TO FLUSH DOWN THE TOILET.
I echo everything that is said in the other dire reviews- absolutely shocking.
You can’t get to speak to anyone with the authority to deal with the issues as apparently, the managers ‘don’t take phone calls and don’t speak to customers’. Consequently, the £500 I paid this company 2 months ago is in their account and I have no idea whatsoever when my dishwasher will get fixed. I’ve been fobbed off with the promise of an e-mail or a phone call....... to get nothing. I feel heartily sorry for the poor advisors who have to answer the phone and at best, can only keep spouting a fobbing off script, which only serves to further infuriate.
Absolutely woeful!!!
They were quick enough to take the cash and then you’re left high and dry.
Thank you for making us aware of the recent service you have received from us. We apologise for the negative experience you have received and understand your frustrations, which have been fed back to management for review. A refund has been issued to you on the 5/10 and hopes that this finds you well (it can take 3-5 business days for refunds to be issued). Should you have any further queries, please do contact us.
Go Assist took the call out money well in advance and now will not complete the repair without another callout fee. I gave all the repair part details on booking the callout. I DO NOT RECCOMMEND this company as they are expensive and refuse to do the job;
replace a broken inner glass on the door of a microwave. Not beyond them I would have thought.
DO NOT USE!

USELESS COMPANY THAT GOT US WAITING TO REPAIR A MICROWAVE DOOR FOR OVER A MONTH NOW AND CANNOT GIVE US AN ESTIMATE OF HOW LONG MORE WE ARE TO WAIT!

Sent engineer out the day after we purchased the first repair (£79) plus £7.90 x 12 = £94.80 one year’s insurance.

Engineer physically made it possible to close the microwave door BUT the microwave COULD NOT register this! Basically the repair was useless.

We rung to tell the engineer it wasn’t fixed. Was told apparently some parts were required.

A MONTH, MANY HOURS AND MULTIPLE CALLS LATER we were STILL TOLD the engineer was WAITING FOR PARTS from the manufacturer. How is it possible that we are to WAIT FOREVER? They could not give us an estimate and in fact had told us they would get the part number by the 28th September (Monday) when I rung on 25th (Friday). Come Monday, NOTHING! We call on 30th September wait 29 minutes to talk to a customer service agent and what do they tell us? That they will email us when the manufacturer replies!

What? There is no deadline? So what if it takes 2 years?
Dear diary. One month two days in. The incompetence is wearing. First engineer misdiagnosed the fault and then broke the oven door. After days of calling a second engineer finally arrived. Apologised for the original misdiagnosis and said he would get the parts. Didn’t get the parts. Multiple phone calls again (to lines they do not answer) and told that the door was now magically fixed! The fact the engineer didn’t even touch the door implies he is capable of the miraculous. I fear go assist only work in miracles
Do not believe the "No fix no fee" claims from this company. Paid £280 up front for a repair to fridge freezer. Engineer came and said I needed a new compressor which would cost an extra £105. Paid this in good faith but when engineer came to fit part was told this didn't fix the problem and when I called Go-Assist was told that I was not due a "no fix no fee" refund as hidden in the small print of conditions was a clause that says if they try and fix it but can't customers are not due any refund. Avoid this company!!!!
Thank you for providing feedback on your recent experience with our service. We understand your frustrations and our complaints team are aware of your recent experience and are looking into this for you. Team Go Assist
Go Assist Ltd is rated 4.45 based on 1,140 reviews