GetHair Reviews

2 - 3 Hours
Read GetHair Reviews

ask@gethair.co.uk

Barley Mow Centre Suite 2S.0410 Barley Mow Passage, Chiswick

Tell us how GetHair made you happy
More Photos & Videos
You have definitely come to the right place if you are looking for a hair transplant, Get Hair have been absolutely brilliant from start to finish and I could not fault them in any way. I had done plenty of research prior to choosing to go with Get Hair, it has now been 3 weeks since my transplant and I am so happy.

Stuart was my main contact and his customer service has been second to none. He answered all questions promptly and made me feel very comfortable all the way through the whole process. The payment process was easy and secure. The transfer to and from the airport was well organised, seamless & comfortable.

I was contacted by Dr. llker Apaydin’s assistant on arrival in Turkey and Zeynep was very organised and made me feel very welcome. The hotel was great, and the staff were very friendly. The hospital is a short 3-minute walk from the hotel and Zeynep came to collect me from the hotel on the morning of the procedure.

I met with Dr.llker Apaydin who talked me through the process and introduced me to his team who are all very lovely. The procedure itself is done by the doctor which is one of the main reasons I chose to go with Get Hair.

The aftercare instructions were clearly explained, and I am very excited about seeing the results in the coming months. Extremely happy with everything overall and highly recommend to those thinking about getting it done.
After almost 2 years of research into hair transplants in both the UK and abroad, and after exchanging emails and phone calls with Zak in London I decided to go with Get Hair. What I liked about them was that their attitude was relaxed and put no pressure on me to make a decision where as other companies I contacted were constantly phoning and emailing me. I decide to have the procedure done by Dr Ilker Apaydin as he has a good reputation and I liked that the transplant would be overseen by a doctor. On the day of my departure we had really bad snow and my flight was delayed by 4 hours but I was pleasantly surprised that the transfer to the hotel was waiting on arrival in Istanbul. The hotel I stayed at (Modus hotel) was great and there are loads of other people having surgery staying there so you are by no means on your own. The evening meal at the hotel is excellent but the breakfast not so great.
On the day of the surgery I was collected from the hotel by a lady called Zaynep and we walk up the hill to the hospital which is only 5 min walk away. Once at the hospital, I filled in the relevant paperwork and met with Dr Ilker and his assistants to discuss the procedure.
The injections for the anaesthetic were not as painful as I was expecting and I felt minimal pain during the procedure. It took approx 7 hours with a lunch break in the middle. The hospital (Nisantasi Hastanesi) is extremely clean and all staff extremely kind and proffesional.
If you have any reservations about having the procedure in Turkey, believe me you have nothing to worry about. With Get Hair and New Age (the clinic in turkey) you are in safe hands.
It has now been 4 weeks since my transplant and my recovery is going well with great communication and after care from Get Hair.
Overall I am very happy with the service from Get Hair and I am looking forward to seeing the end results.
The whole experience was very professional and I'm extremely happy with the result. It has increased my confidence massively! Thank you to all the team at GetHair! :)
This is in response to gethairs response to my review and it seems they aren't as professional as I said they were. They claim that any photos you send them are for internal purposes only and yet they have posted my photos online for daring to leave them a negative review. Anyone reading my original review and their response will notice that they have failed to address the points that I brought up such as how is it possible to have a 3800 graft procedure in just 4 hours when even their own patient agreement forms states that a procedure involving 2000 - 3000 grafts will take around 6 hours. Or the incisions that didn't contain any grafts etc etc etc.
Unlike gethair I am prepared to address the points that they have mentioned such as alcohol being a problem following a hair transplant. For this reason I didn't drink anything for 1 week before the operation and nothing for 6 months following the operation. Although it's interesting that they have mentioned this because it sounds like they are saying that this is the reason for the bad result and yet at the same time insisting that it is an acceptable result!!!! So which is it as you can't have it both ways. Also at no point was I ever told that I would require 2 hair transplants to get a decent result. Also as mentioned in the original review the photos they have used are not like for like comparisons as in the first photo my head has been recently shaved and in the second photo I had not had a haircut for 3 months. I was warned by Stuart Cuming that if I wrote a negative review they would publish my photos but I refused to be blackmailed into keeping quiet.
Hi Bryan,

Could you please provide your reply underneath the initial review rather than creating a separate/new negative review.

Regards,
Kaan Aksoy
I would like to start by saying that this is going to be a very long, detailed and above all else very honest review about by my own personal experience at Gethair and my final result. Unlike most people I am not writing this review shortly after my procedure and on the basis of the service but instead I have waited a full 12 months afterwards so that I could cover everything. Before choosing Gethair I spent a full 6 months doing my research and going for consultations with various clinics. I also sent my photos off to various clinics in Turkey and got back different quotes for between £1100 and £1600. At £3000 Gethair were by far the most expensive but then the opportunity arose for me to have a face to face consultation with Dr Tayfun Oguzoglu at their office in London. I had been told beforehand by Gethair that based on my photos they would be able to extract 3600 grafts, however after Dr Oguzoglu had examined my hair and had seen how thick and dense my donor region was that they could extract 3800 grafts. He drew on a new hairline which I thought was a bit high but he explained that was so as to create good density. I said I would go away and think about it which I did before deciding that as they were twice the price of all the other clinics then surely they must be twice as good! So I booked.
When I arrived in Istanbul the driver was waiting for me and did his best to make conversation despite the language barrier and the hotel itself was very nice. The following morning I was picked up and taken to the hospital where the hairline was drawn on and my head shaved before being taken into the operating room. It was now 10am. Dr Oguzoglu then came in and did all of the incisions and when he had finished the technicians took over and began to do the extractions and as soon as that was over they began the implantation process. Before I knew it I was told that it was all finished and when I looked at the time it was 2pm. This is when the first alarm bells starting going off in my head. I had read many reviews on hair transplants and the one thing that everyone says is what a long, boring day it is and yet my procedure, supposedly involving 3800 grafts, took just 4 hours. The next thing that caused me concern was that when it was over and before I had even got myself up off the operating table, the technicians who had been working on me had grabbed their coats and bags and left for the day. When I later emailed Stuart Cuming at the London office about this he said that once they had finished what they are doing there is no need for them to hang around which is fair enough but does seem a little unprofessional. I was also not given a mirror so that I could see how it looked and instead had to wait until I was in the elevator going down where there was a mirrored wall. I was also concerned that Dr Oguzoglu didn't check on me afterwards to see how it looked even though he was still there as I saw him sat at his desk when I walked past his office on the way out. The next day I went back for my first hair wash and just as the girl doing the hair wash was about to begin her mobile phone rang so she washed my head with one hand whilst talking on the phone with her other!! I then flew back home and tried to put all of these concerns out of my head and tell myself that everything would be ok in the end.
As the next few months went by the communication with Stuart Cuming was very good with him asking me for photo updates on a regular basis. By the 6 month stage I was starting to get very concerned as the transplanted region was looking very thin and wispy which was especially concerning considering that my hair has always been very thick. By the 8 month stage it was obvious to me that things weren't going to improve and even Stuart Cuming himself admitted in an email that: "I would have expected to see a little more growth by the 8th month." However as is standard practice by all hair transplant clinics he said there is nothing that can be done until I have reached the 12 month stage and see what the final result is like.
Well the 12 month stage has now been reached and the result is thin, wispy, patchy hair with lots of gaps in between. I recently had my head examined and during the examination I was asked if I had any photos from my procedure and luckily I had taken plenty in the days afterwards and when we zoomed in on the photos the first thing that was pointed out to me was the amount of incisions that had been made that didn't even contain any grafts. Now whether this is because no grafts were ever placed in the incisions in the first place (which would explain the 4 hour operating time) or whether they came out during the first wash when as explained before the girl doing the wash was busy talking on her phone at the same time, is something I will never know. I have also been in touch with many other clinics in the UK, USA, and Turkey and the one thing they all have in common is that they all say it is physically impossible to have a 3800 graft hair transplant in just 4 hours. Once I had got my calculator out and did some sums I had to agree with them. Considering it took almost an hour to do the incisions, that left approximately 90 minutes to extract 3800 grafts and a further 90 minutes to implant 3800 grafts!!! Simply not possible. When I questioned Stuart Cuming about this he said the technicians wouldn't lie about the number of grafts. Well someone is certainly lying and the proof is in the pudding as they say. Even Gethairs own patient agreement form states that: "a procedure involving 2000-3000 grafts will take around 6 hours."
I was recently asked to send in my 12 month photos which I did, but was then asked to send in some more from different angles which I didn't do as by this point I had already made up my mind that I wouldn't return to Gethair for a second hair transplant even if it were offered free and the reason for this is because you only realistically get two attempts at FUE surgery before your donor region is all used up so I wouldn't want to go back to the same clinic that gave me such a poor result the first time around. Stuart Cuming did compare my current photos to what I looked like before and say that I did now have a lot more hair which im not disputing. Even though the "before" photo he used had me with a shaved head and the "after" photo was after me not having had a haircut for 3 months, I do agree that I have more hair now than before but it looks terrible and has zero density. I have gone from a man you looked "bald" to a man who looks like he is "balding." In other words I would be better off just shaving my head again.
In one of his last emails to me Stuart Cuming states that: "every client is treated in the same way and given the same service." Well I certainly hope that's not the case as otherwise it doesn't look good for everyone else who is planning on going to Gethair. What would have been far better would to have admitted that on this occasion they fell short of the standards and final result that they would normally expect and to have offered me a refund or at least a part refund but that never happened. I have two friends that have been to other clinics in Turkey (one paid £1100 for 3650 grafts and the other paid £1400 for 3900 grafts) and both have ended up with incredible results, which just shows that paying more money doesn't mean a better result.
I just want to end this review by saying that despite my experience I don't believe Gethair to be a bad company. I think they are a professionally run clinic who can produce good results and having Stuart Cuming based in the UK obviously makes things easier for communication. Its just a shame that in my case they have refused to admit that they came up short.
GetHair 1 star review on 17th February 2019
Dear Brian,

Thanks for leaving your feedback and I'm sorry to hear that your expectations were not met.

Firstly, I would like to clarify that you are on NORWOOD SCALE 5A to 6. Meaning, you have had advanced hair loss level, which for many clinics, requires at least 2 sessions to get it to a point that it's considered as a meaningful outcome.

And, we have implanted 3800 Grafts in one session with a great success.
To prove how successful the operation was, we are sharing your Before/After photos to show your result, although you refused to send us a photo of your hair, taken under normal lighting conditions (as the one you sent is taken under a very harsh light with wet hair) and dry.

Obviously, our help is limited when a patient refuses to send the final outcome photo with our guidelines.

I would also want to bring to your attention that in our Patient Assessment form, you reported us that you drink 5 units of alcohol a day, and Stuart has warned you about the potential risks of this on your final result, prior to your deposit payment.

But nevertheless, in our professional opinion you achieved a result which a very limited number of clinics in the world could deliver only in one session.

Kind regards,
Very good service doc and staff was really nice I did not have any problem and I stayed in best hotel thx 😀
After many months of research and deliberation, I came across the Get Hair website.

Get Hair were very different to the other companies I was in contact with and many hounded me on daily basis for my custom but Get Hair were patient from day one. I liaised with Stuart who was my main point of contact, I found him to be friendly, knowledgeable, and informative and no pressure tactics used, I would also like to add that whilst Stuart was on leave, Zac and Kaan were on hand to assist during his absence.

I chose to go ahead with Get Hair due to the above factors and with the reassurance that a doctor was involved heavily in the procedure – you may find cheaper companies but be aware that doctors may not be carrying out the procedures. On topic of payment, the process was simple and secure.

Upon arriving in Turkey, the transfer was ready and waiting which made the journey to the hotel simple. The hotel is of a decent standard and has helpful/friendly employees who made our stay enjoyable. The coordinators for the procedure were Zeynep and Leila who were extremely organised and covered all questions or concerns.
The hospital is 2 minutes away from the hotel and they were available to assist with collections/ drop offs.

Once at the hospital, there was a team of friendly technicians who assisted Dr. Ilker Apaydin during the procedure. Although this is a long day, they try to put you at ease. The injections were manageable and the procedure was uncomfortable at times but not painful. There are many things to consider for after care but again this was communicated well by the coordinators.

Overall, I am very happy with the service provided and I am currently in the recovery process having recently returning to the UK.

I am eagerly waiting to see the long term results and the proof will be in the pudding!
I would recommend Gethair in my experience up to a month post op (I will not know until a few months how successful the operation has been so my rating and review does not reflect that). I found the customer care in the UK very good and it was easy to call up whenever if I had any queries. The hotel in Istanbul was fine, though basic. The day of the operation I was met by a woman from the clinic who spoke v good English and was very helpful and took me to the hospital a few minutes walk away. The operation went smoothly, nothing unexpected. Pain for the first five minutes and then mostly pain free although in some spots I had to ask for more anastetic to be applied. The most uncomfortable part is the first part when you are face down but it is bearable. After lunch the second part was putting in the new hair. This was easier and I listened peacefully to podcasts. By the end was feeling quite uncomfortable as the procedure was over 8 hrs but once it was finished was looked after very well by another woman who spoke v good English and explained the aftercare and brought me a pizza. Next day was a quick wash and then off to the airport. All in all everything went smoothly and I was satisfied with the service Gethair provided. Will have to see the finished product later but was happy with how the trip and pre care and operation went. I have kept in touch since with a few questions that have all been answered swiftly.
I am a 28-year-old guy who had been considering a hair transplant for the past few years. I started thinning around the age of 25, but really noticed it worsen summer last year. What started as a joke with my mates turned in to me booking with Get Hair. I was becoming obsessive about my hair loss, it was effecting my confidence greatly - so I thought enough is enough.

I am nearing my two weeks since the operation. I cannot recommend Get Hair highly enough - seriously. The whole transaction, from meeting Stu, to flying to Turkey, to the hotel, food, hospital and surgery were first class. The process went seamlessly with me being kept in the loop at every stage. The staff were amazing and Dr. Ilker was incredibly welcoming and informative. The place was spotless, the hotel was gorgeous and there is no pain involved whatsoever. The hotel is filled with DOZENS of people in the same situation - as is the airport, so there is no need to feel self-concious whatsoever.

If you're thinking about it, seriously, my advice would be just go for it - you genuinely have nothing to worry about. The whole thing came and went in a blur - purely because of the seamless transactions and coordination of the Get Hair package, you honestly don't have to think about a thing once you're there. I'm now on the way to recovery and cannot wait to see the results over the coming months.

From my experience so far, I will 100% be recommending Get Hair, Dr. Ilker and the New Age clinic to anyone who asks. GO FOR IT!

Hi this is darren I had 2000 grafts at frontal section of my head. 3 weeks ago. Everything is going really well thanks to such a great team who worked with me.
I would definitely recommend get hair as the whole process was absolutely superb. Great team great service. Can’t wait to see my results. Thanks Darren.
The process was awesome, from the first point of contact that I made with Zak via email until my last point of contact and continued assistance from Zeynep. The most important factor after a surgery is the communication you have with the clinic because your worried and at times need answers quick. This is where Zeynep and Zak excelled. Everyone was helpful and very quick to respond. Everything went smooth. The hotel was nice and the food was REALLY GOOD. The personal in the clinic made me feel at ease and reinsured me that everything was going to be fine. I definitely recommend Get Hair, they are very responsible and even after the procedure, they still are quick to respond if you have any questions.
I was very happy with the service I received from Get Hair from start to finish. I had spent a long time researching this procedure but I was still cautious and nervous about going ahead with it. At no time did I feel pressurized by the the advisory team (Zak) at get hair and they were on hand to answer any of my questions at any time. On the lead up to the Op I was very happy to receive personal contact to reassure and prepare me for the procedure. The process was carried out exactly as they described with no hidden surprises, from airport pickup to drop off. I experienced many others in the same hotel as me attending another clinic for a slightly cheaper price but comparing my experience to theirs I definitely would rather pay a bit more knowing the professional service I received. The after care has been very good, I guess I was a little naive about the length of the recovery process but it is still early days for me to comment on my results, but after 5 weeks, so far so good.

Niki B.
I only have positive feedback about Get Hair and the operation overall. From the first point of contact to booking in the operation and post op, all has gone according to plan/advised. I would have no doubts in recomending them. Excited to see the results between the 3-6 month mark. I must say im really pleased and relieved i have had the op - was wanting to do it for a long time but never had the courage...finally got round to it and its the best thing did!
A great service from start to finish.
All my questions answered very promptly by Stuart, by email or phone.
On arrival in Turkey, everything is well organised and very stress free. From the airport pick up to to dropping you back to the airport and getting you to and from the hospital is done on time.
The hotel was excellent and the room service was very good and a great price.
The procedure went very well and the after care you receive the following morning before your departure gives you all the information needed for a successful transplant.
Was very impressed with my experience with GetHair in Turkey. My procedure was very quick and efficient and was provided a lovely hotel. Staff were friendly and were helpful with any questions I had.
Firstly, I would like to make it clear that this review has no relevance to my transplant results. I am only 12 days’ post op so cannot comment on my final results. I however can comment on the fantastic service that I received from GetHair and the team. Here's my story:

Having researched the FUE procedure for approximately 18 months, I decided to choose GetHair as their online reviews were exemplary. I was a little sceptical that the reviews were fake due to the volume of positive reviews. Having seen positive reviews and video documentaries from previous GetHair patients on other websites, I was more confident that this was a genuine and reputable organisation.

The most significant aspect to me was choosing the right surgeon. I desired a highly skilled and accredited surgeon with a good reputation. I had to ensure I was going to be in good hands and give myself the best chance of a successful hair transplant. Having researched both GetHair surgeons and verifying their credentials I decided to choose Dr Ilker Apayadin (no particular reason, both Dr Apayadin and Dr Tayfun had outstanding online reviews). I felt comfortable putting my trust into either surgeon.

Once I overcame the daunting thought of travelling abroad for a medical procedure I made contact with GetHair (Zak) who arranged for an online consultation. Upon Dr Apayadin reviewing my photos I was provided with a detailed and comprehensive report outlining the number of grafts I would require along with the price. The only thing exclusive of the total price was flights, which was my responsibility to arrange. Over the coming weeks I had various questions and concerns that were promptly answered\addressed by Zak. Not at any stage did I feel pressurised into booking the procedure which I found re-assuring. I decided to pluck up the courage and book the procedure. There was approximately a 6 week waiting list....

I travelled to Istanbul with my girlfriend the day before my surgery. Prior to boarding my flight in London, I was contacted by Zeynap (Patient co-ordinator in Turkey) who advised I would be collected from my hotel at 07:30 am on the day of the procedure. Upon arriving at Istanbul, my private taxi was waiting as per arrangements made by GetHair. I was taken to the Modus Hotel which was approximately 30 minutes from the airport. At the Modus hotel, the first thing I noticed was a group of men sitting in the reception area, all with head bandages following a hair transplant. I soon learnt that the majority of men in the area were sporting head bandages. This was comforting as I was previously conscious about being seen in public post operation. The hotel itself was clean and the staff were very welcoming.

Following a sleepless night (pre-operation nerves) I was promptly met by Zeynap at 07:30 who escorted me to the hospital. The surgery was taking place at Nissantasi Private Hospital which was a 5-minute walk from the hotel. I was met by Dr Ilker Apayadin’s team who prepared me for surgery (blood tests and shaving my head). I was then greeted by the man himself (Dr Apayadin) the guy who I had been studying online for several months. Dr Apayadin assessed my hair again and discussed my expectations, before proceeding to draw my new hairline. Now it was time for the surgery to commence....

I had previously read many reviews stating that the procedure itself is painless and some patients describing it as therapeutic - I have to disagree, that being said I do have a low pain threshold. I would rate the pain 7.5 out of 10. Dr Ilker Apayadin carried out 100% of the incisions and approximately 25% of the extraction phase. Dr Ilker Apayadin’s head technician completed the remaining extraction phase. The implantation process was carried out by 3 of the remaining technicians whom all seemed extremely experienced and professional. I was a very nervous patient throughout the procedure and I felt Dr Ilker Apayadins team went above and beyond to comfort me throughout the procedure - in fact they made a fuss of me.

Following the surgery, I was introduced to Leila (Patient co-ordinator) who took me through my post op report (detailing no of grafts/hairs) along with post op medication and lotion instructions. This was also clearly documented in the aftercare package. I then headed back to the hotel for some much needed rest. The following day I had an appointment at Nissantasi hospital to have my bandages removed, hair washed and receive instructions on how to wash my hair for the next 14 days. I was then collected by my private taxi and taken back to the airport. That concluded my time in Istanbul.

Whist back in the UK, I have messaged questions to my patient coordinator (Zeynap) who was very efficient in responding to my queries. I am now hopeful that my final results compliment the service that I received from all the team at GetHair.
I chose Get Hair as they had a London office which I felt was important as I wanted to be able to discuss my procedure face to face before travelling. Stuart was knowledgable and put me at ease, and I was happy to arrange the procedure (FUE 2000+ grafts) and pay the deposit.
On arriving in Istanbul I was met by the driver as planned and taken to our hotel, which was comfortable (not the Ritz) and the staff friendly. I was contacted by the patient liaison that afternoon and we arranged a time for her to collect me the next morning.
The next day, I was collected as planned and we walked the short distance (200 mtrs) to the clinic where I was signed in and filled out all the required paperwork. Dr Ilker came in to see me and explained what we would be doing and answered my questions.
The procedure took around 6 hours (with a break) and Dr Ilker oversaw the extraction and making the incisions. after the procedure a nurse sat me down and gave me my medications with instructions on what to take and when, I also received a report on what was done to me (how many transplants etc). I felt well looked after the whole day and it wasn't a bad experience (although the lunch was a bit school dinner :) ).
The next day I was collected again and given my initial hair wash and another reminder on my follow on medications (which last about a week) and the hair care regiment. Later on we were collected from our hotel and dropped back to the airport. I thought I'd be self-conscious about sitting in the airport with my headband and "special" hat, but needn't have worried, as the airport seemed full of men in my predicament :) on the BA flight back to Heathrow I counted 18 other guys sporting similar headgear to me.
It is 2 weeks since I had the procedure and so far I am happy with the results. Obviously this isn't the end result and so I have only given 4 stars until my full results are visible.
The key question though is "would I recommend Get Hair?" and the answer is yes. I felt it was good value for money, professionally run and the whole experience has so far been positive. If you're thinking of having a hair transplant, definitely have a chat to these guys.
5 years ago I started out with the idea of having possibly having a hair transplant. I met up with a UK company in Leeds to discuss prices ect. With them being a UK based practice, the price was extortionate to say the least - This, at the time, stopped my plan in it's tracks!! All hopes seemed lost and I would just have to get on with it?!

After the birth of our second child a year ago, my hair loss seemed to step up a considerable notch! After feeling depressed with seeing the amount of loose hairs after a bath, my wife made the suggestion of revisiting the transplant idea, but looking overseas. And am I glad she did!!!

(NOTE: This review will be fairly in depth and lengthy. I found the in depth reviews to be a real deal maker in my decision making. So If I can help somebody else, It's a good deed done for the day :-)

After scrolling the internet for what felt like months, a company (and more in-particular) a surgeon, kept cropping up in my searches, Dr. Ilker at Get hair. I found it hard to find any bad reviews on Dr. Ilkers work, many people where keen to shout about how natural his work looks and how happy they are with the outcome of surgery under his leadership. Not only that, It was clear to see that after a little research into Dr. Ilker and his profession, he's a very well qualified man in his field. The decision was made, date was set, flight booked!

The lead up to departure day was made exceptionally smooth by the help of Zak Atdhe (Get hair's UK Patient advisor). Zak is great in his role and was able to answer any questions I had in a comprehensive, and professional manner. This made me feel at ease and cemented feelings in that I'd made the right choice in Get hair, as a company.

The collection from the airport to the hotel is a breeze with a transfer driver waiting for you on your arrival. A nice touch was that the diver handed me a phone shortly after we set off to where I was welcomed to the city by one of Dr. Ilkers assistants. Let me tell you gents, It's the closest to felling like James Bond I've ever felt... I'm sure they didn't intend this, and it's probs just the way my immature mind works, but it felt good!!

The Modus hotel is clean, bright and welcoming. The rooms are what you would expect from a 4* Turkish hotel, so no problems there. The staff where very helpful and polite. During the phone call you're instructed of a meeting time the following day, in the reception of the hotel.

OP day: I met up with Dr. Ilkers assistant, Zeynep, in reception for 9:30am. Zeynep was incredibly friendly and helpful, and made me feel real at ease. The hospital is a 2 min walk from the hotel, it's literally next door! On arrival you have the standard forms of consent to fill out, after this they take you upstarts to the operating room, The room is big, bright and clean. x2 assistants work alongside the surgeon who take care of most of the operating of the room. They made me feel at ease and had me in a gown with a shaven donor area within the first 10 mins. They give you Xanax to help relax during the operation - although this feels a bit like 'oookaay' at the time, trust me it's fantastic and administered for a good reason! The surgeon then introduces himself and discusses the desired look that you're after. He carefully maps out the boundary with a pen and shows this for your approval before continuing. At first when I was shown the ink line, I wasn't 100% in how it looked, I kept from saying anything as a though quickly came over me that said 'chill, he's the expert, he's the one you've researched for hours and been happy enough to fly all the way to Istanbul for'!!! So I listened to my better behaved devil and proceeded with the outline mapped by Dr. Ilker.

Before the rest of your head is shaved, the aesthetic is administered. This (for me) was the only painful part of the whole op. I wouldn't so much call it painful, more just uncomfortable. Certain areas of your scalp are more sensitive than others (watch out for those!) The surgeon then performs all of the tiny incisions in your recipient area. This was a part that I wasn't ready for, not that it was uncomfortable, it was just weird! As the incisions are being made in your head, you can hear each cut through your ears internally (the same you would if you grind your teeth). This was nothing but a strange sensation, but one I thought I'd share as it stood out. I had a little over 2900 grafts in the end, this took approx 1 to 1.5 hrs to map out with little incisions. (I was quoted and paid for 2700 grafts - But on the day the surgeon deemed more to be needed, these were added totally FOC). Once this is done, you flip over to your front for the harvesting part. This part understandably, takes a long time. Should you feel any discomfort in this part - tell the nurses. I experienced parts where the aesthetic hadn't quite spread as far as they were harvesting from - each extraction hurt a little more than the other, the further out the nurse was getting. They're more than happy for your feedback though as of course, they need you to shout up should anything feel uncomfortable.

After all grafts are taken it's time for lunch. If you're anything like me and not fussy in the slightest, lunch is just something to fill a hole, don't expect much from it.

The implantation process for me, was much more enjoyable as you can have time on your phone with films / family etc. Being face down for 3-4 hours is a bit of a bore! The implantation process takes around 4 hours for 2900 grafts. The nurses perform most of this labour intensive part, and happily chat amongst themselves while pruning away at your scalp. This does become a little tedious towards the latter end, but nothing other than getting a bit of rear end ache form all the sitting!!!

After the surgery is complete you're told to steadily sit upright and take some pain killers. The nurses continue with a bandage for the donor area and the common black band for your head. After being discharged, you're escorted back to the hotel by the assistant. The thought of the hotel room and being in a place of comfort is a very welcoming after 9 hours on a bed, let me tell you!!

For me, room service was a gem in this hotel, as I really didn't feel up to sitting in the restaurant, or venturing out for food. There's a large meal selection on the room service, not just snacks.

Let me pre-warn - Sleeping is a pain in the arse for the first 6-9 days post-surgery. I didn't find much documented online about this, so thought it good to add into my review. Before travelling out, make sure you buy one of the travel neck pillows that keeps your head upright. I failed to do this until the flight home. On night 1 after surgery, I fashioned a pillow area with 4 pillows, a rolled up bath towel and 2 belts joined together to brace the pillows from sliding apart thought the night!! Basically, the recipient area cannot be touched fore the first 5 or so days, I didn't want to risk rolling over in the night and ruin £££ worth of work!!! As an aid to help sleep - the clinic provide you with a further Xanax tablet to take with you, which really helped me nod off.

The next day you make your way up to the clinic for an examination and your first hair wash. You're provided with a pack to take home with you. You're also provided with medicated shampoo and a spray for the recipient area, with a detailed plan on when to use and how often. The meeting is over in 15 mins but within that time, you're loaded with all you need to know from here on. The transfer back to the hotel is just as smooth as the collection.

First of all, thanks for anyone who sat though this listening to me blab on! I did pre-warn you and hope that it wasn't too boring at times!! :-)

All in all, I would highly recommend Get hair to anyone out there who felt the same as I did. The company are a delight to deal with and all areas of the whole process where fluid, simple and a breeze to undertake. The support with Zak is 24/7 and no question is a silly question! I do not regret my decision into undergoing surgery and am 100% happy with the work that Dr. Ilker and the team at Get hair did for me.

I'm at day 24 post surgery, and am currently going through the shedding phase. Before shedding, I am 100% delighted with how dense the surgeon packed the recipient area. Should a good percentage of these grafts take (fingers crossed), my new hairs will be full and natural looking. Pics attached are weeks 1, 2 and 3.

Thanks :-)
My experience with Get hair was absolutely fantastic from beginning till now. My initial emails and contact was with Zak in London who answered every single question of mine in a timely and informative manner. Any concerns I had he was happy to discuss them and put me at ease with a lot of queries I had. Zak was just a great person to talk to from beginning till now. Get hair represent, in my opinion, the most qualified doctors in Turkey that carry out hair transplantation. You have to be very careful who to associate yourself with. I had looked at other places that were much cheaper and tempting because they do have very legit-looking websites etc. However, the doctor I had (Dr Ilker Apaydin) was involved in designing and creating the new hairline which looks very natural. He was also responsible for opening the channels at the front of my head and hairline which put me at ease that a qualified, experienced doctor was doing this crucial part of the process. The technicians (involved in extracting and implanting new hairs) are very experienced and friendly and the assistant who looked after me (Zeynep) was very helpful, calming and happy to answer and queries I had. Overall great experience with this service and I would recommend it to everyone!!! Get hair are definitely not the cheapest in Turkey and, in my opinion, they are not expensive. But you pay for the service and quality of staff you get and when I compare it to some of the people I saw on the flight home that got it from other places and listening to other peoples' horror stories, I definitely do not regret my choice.
GetHair is rated 4.87 based on 387 reviews