Essential Adventure Reviews

97% of reviewers recommend Essential Adventure

About Essential Adventure: We arrange adventure activities and activity holidays. Our range of services is vast, from a single activity event, up to a week long all inclusive activity holiday. Whether you're looking to book an activity day for your mate's birthday, a stag or hen weekend, or a week long school residential, we've got what's required to provide a seamless booking and an unforgettable experience at the end of it!

info@essential-adventure.co.uk

35 Glanvilles Mill

Tell us how Essential Adventure made you happy

Kelli Aspland
"Essential Adventure were fantastic from the start. Really helpful and kept in contact at all times and answered all questions and fears. I did worry as i had never used them before but i would not hesitate to use them again. From the Hotel that we were set up in and the friendly helpful staff to the actual murder mystery event, it was all fabulous. I had the best fun on my birthday and this event made my night. The actors we fun, friendly and set the scene well. All in all a 5 star service from essential adventure and their team!! Thank you all and top marks to our rep James Kelli Aspland"
Caroline Jones
"Amazing hen weekend at the Solihull Hotel Birmingham for the Murder Mystery Night. Would highly recommend this. Hotel was really of food standards the actors on the night were excellent so much fun Definitely will use you guys again Thank you all so much"
Omar Terywall
"Exceptionally happy with Essential Adventure who went the extra mile to get me exactly what I was after. Great customer service and a fantastic experience at a very reasonable price!"
"Great communication. Really good website interface for organising group payments etc. Just made co-ordinating activities for a group of blokes much easier."
"We had a PARTY"
Please leave a short written review
"Group of 18 for a stag do in the new forest. Essential have a good deposit system for splitting cost but that's about it. There is no tailoring or any thought given to the 'package'. They just act as a middle man and book events and accommodation (something you can do yourself). They don't bother to tie up the event timings nor put any thought into travel (something you might assume was part of the service). In our case, we asked for bushcraft to be arranged for us on the saturday. Instead of hosting it at or near the bunkhouse venue where we were staying at (the venue it turns out hosts bushcraft) they booked a location 30 mins away. This is typical of their service. No thought. They arranged paintball but told us the wrong times. I found out by speaking directly to the paintball company. I found talking directly to venue or events (and cutting out essential) more efficient. Ie i would be told by essential we couldn't change the time of event, so would ring the event supplier and find this wasn't the case. Two stars because the deposit system worked well. That said there are apps which do that now. When i gave feedback there was no apology and they seemed miffed that we had expected a tailored, considered service. Don't bother, just book a venue and event yourself."
Thanks for your feedback Andrew. My name is Matt and I am co-owner and director of the company. I'm sorry to hear we didn't exceed meet your expectations on this occasion. I have worked extremely hard to build the business over the past few years. Our success is partly down to our ability to provide a valuable service to our customers, underpinned by excellent customer service. I can only apologise if we failed to display these qualities in full for you.

I have provided a quick reply for you below in the mean time. If there's anything I can do further please don't hesitate to give me a call and i'll be happy to discuss further.

----

Q: Essential have a good deposit system for splitting cost but that's about it. There is no tailoring or any thought given to the 'package'. They just act as a middle man and book events and accommodation (something you can do yourself). They don't bother to tie up the event timings nor put any thought into travel (something you might assume was part of the service).

A: Regarding the deposit system i'm glad you found this useful, it's a cracking feature and it's great to hear positive comments.

In addition, as a travel agent style company we are kind of a middle man by definition. We put a lot of time, effort and thought into our customers' events as reflected in some of our other reviews; although do I apologise if you didn't feel this was the case. As a growing company we try very hard to offer the same level of service and 'personal touch' as I did when I set the company up years ago.

----

Q: In our case, we asked for bushcraft to be arranged for us on the saturday. Instead of hosting it at or near the bunkhouse venue where we were staying at (the venue it turns out hosts bushcraft) they booked a location 30 mins away. This is typical of their service. No thought.

A: I'm sorry to hear you weren't satisfied with the travel for the bushcraft. We tend to work with our preferred suppliers because we have developed relationships with them and we have confidence in the services they provide, although it's not always the nearest option. It's a difficult balance although we take the view that experience is king.

----

Q: They arranged paintball but told us the wrong times. I found out by speaking directly to the paintball company.

A: We do acknowledge there was a discrepancy with your paintball timings on the itinerary and we thank you for raising this. I checked back and the supplier had initially accepted our request for the arrival time of 09:30 via email; although they later advised you it was 09:00. I can only apologise.

----

Q: I found talking directly to venue or events (and cutting out essential) more efficient. Ie i would be told by essential we couldn't change the time of event, so would ring the event supplier and find this wasn't the case.

A: We actively promote direct contact between the supplier and customer in some cases because it's nice to verbally "meet" your instructor before you arrive; especially with a bushcraft trip because it's delivered on a more personal level. It does also help make things a bit more efficient we agree; and that's why we put you in direct contact with Nige in this case.

----

Q: When i gave feedback there was no apology and they seemed miffed that we had expected a tailored, considered service. Don't bother, just book a venue and event yourself.

A: Please accept this as a personal apology. It disappoints me hugely when we have feedback like this, where we haven't been able to meet or exceed expectations. I note that one of your comments by phone to James was that we hadn't provided transport to the events. The original quote which we sent and you accepted did not include travel. We don't include transport by default because it's often an unnecessary extra cost. It's an extra service we provide on request and we don't like to push extra options towards customers.
Please leave a short written review
"Matt planned our day exceptionally. He listened in our brief and pulled it off exceptionally. He was able to make things happen that wouldn't usually have been possible. The organisation and communication was brilliant throughout."
Please leave a short written review
"Joined us up with a fantastic murder mystery provider and an excellent weekend."
"We had an amazing day, the team were amazing and Danielle and James sorted out everything for us. It was so easy setting up payments and letting them know of our 100 allergies between us and everything was perfectly catered for. Would definitely use again"
Please leave a short written review
"James organised everything for me over the phone. Very patient with me because some of my friends are not so organised lol. We had booked karting and paintball for mine and my sons joint birthday. 11 of us (all different ages) went and decided to make our own way, all times and addresses were spot on. Did ache for a couple of days after and bruises are still visible :) ....... Will come back again in the future THANKYOU"
(Exeter) - Posted 1 month ago
(Birmingham) - Posted 1 month ago
"Saturday 27th Nov my daughter in laws hen party murder mystery actors and the whole setting the meal everything it was a fantastic brilliant night words can't describe how brilliant it was I'm still buzzing will defiantly do it again would like to say a big thank you to the 2 actors they were outstanding and funny it was the best weekend ever I h"
Please leave a short written review
"The venue and service was amazing!"
(Cardiff) - Posted 1 month ago
(Birmingham) - Posted 2 months ago
Please leave a short written review
"Essential Adventure were helpful, professional and very efficient from the moment I phoned them. Matt guided me through arranging my nearly daughter in laws hen weekend. Nothing was too much trouble, whatever I requested he arranged, it made everything so easy. Matt knew my budget and kept to it, the payment system was easy and organised. I found Matt and all the staff from Essential Adventure very friendly, they kept me up to date and always phoned or txt me when they said they would. We had a fantastic time, thank you so much Essential Adventure, I would not hesitate to use your services again and would recommend anyone who needs help with events to use you. Thank you Thank you Thank you."
(Cambridge) - Posted 2 months ago
Did the event meet your expectations?
"Easy process. Online portal for individuals to pay. Made it easy to track too."
(Cardiff) - Posted 2 months ago
Did the event meet your expectations?
"Didn't have much time to organise a stag do and some activities in the South West and the team were great. More helpful than many others I'd called and found options to fit what we needed. Great service"
(Exeter) - Posted 2 months ago
Please leave a short written review
"Every thing was very well planned. Our weekend went off very smoothly. Essential Adventure kept in regular contact especially as we booked everything very early on."
(Leeds) - Posted 2 months ago
Please leave a short written review
"Always in contact and adapted the schedule according to our group’s demands. The easy, individual payment method is a real plus point when trying to organise people!"
(Bournemouth) - Posted 2 months ago
Please leave a short written review
"Very Good service on the event organisation"
(Bournemouth) - Posted 2 months ago
Did the event meet your expectations?
"Essential made sure all events are booked on time and made follow up reminders to keep us updated. Overall all the events for the stag were absolutely amazing"
(Newcastle) - Posted 2 months ago
Did the event meet your expectations?
"Easy to communicate with. Excellent, well-organised boot camp."
(Stratford-Upon-Avon) - Posted 2 months ago