Doors of Distinction Reviews

of reviewers recommend Doors of Distinction
Courier, Own Driver
Read Doors of Distinction Reviews

About Doors of Distinction:

Doors of Distinction is a family run business established over 30 years ago selling quality doors to the retail and trade markets and has now grown to be one of the largest door retailers in the country.

We go the extra mile by offering good sound advice direct from loyal and knowledgeable sales advisors with many years of experience between them.

Our range includes quality timber internal and external doors, bi-folding doors, room dividers, fire doors and door furniture. We are committed to delivering a exceptional service providing solutions that help customers achieve their dreams.

Tell us how Doors of Distinction made you happy
Lovely show room, with time to look at leisure. Service friendly and well informed. Communiction good with my follow-up questions being answered by phone and email. Price especially good - sale time Sept/Oct. Delivery on time and carefully stacked . Oak doors, some glass, all beautifully made. No returns or refunds needed.
Thank you very much for your excellent review. It's always good to hear positive feedback on the whole service, from viewing the doors to delivery. The whole team work hard to be helpful and we try our best to give a great service. Receiving good reviews continues to help the team work hard. Thank you again from the Team.
My first encounter with Doors of Distinction was Hannah who answered my telephone enquiry. She was extremely patient, helpful and knowledgeable. I subsequently returned to place another order and asked Hannah to assist. She provided great customer service and is an asset to your company.
Thank you very much for your great review. Hannah was grinning from ear to ear when it came in. We all work hard to offer a really good experience for our customers and I'm pleased to hear you have benefitted from this work ethic.
Thank you again for the review from all of us at Doors of Distinction.
Excellent customer service,
Thank you very much for your review. We all work hard to try and give the best service we can and I'm really pleased to see it's paying off. Please call anytime if you think we can help you in the future. Thank you again for the review from all of us at Doors of Distinction.
I only ordered a couple of doors and they were really helpful. I ended up buying lovely handles and hinges too which I didn't know they did. Not pushy salesman at all.
Really good service from Alan
Do not use Doors of Distinction, as their salesman are rude.if you do not make a decision straight away they talk over the top of you and put the phone down.
Then they have the cheek to send you a e-mail, saying would you like to buy some of our hardware.
I have never had a sales person be so rude.
Firstly, please accept our apologies for the unacceptable level of service you have received. This is not the excellent service we are known for. After 30 years of Business in the Door Industry and an excellent reputation to date, with thousands of satisfied customers, we are particularly disappointed you have been let down.
Secondly, the salesman in question also offers his sincere apologies to you for not looking after your enquiry with his usually high standard of professionalism.
Had a really good service, would recommend speaking to Martin as he's very helpful.
We were impressed visiting the showroom and ordered a front door and glazed side panel costing £800. DOD recommended a carpenter who made a ‘pigs ear’ of hanging the door. 5 years later the veneer is pealing off and we are now having to get a replacement. Disgusting.
We are sorry to hear that you have had an issue with doors purchased from Doors of Distinction. Unfortunately without further details we are unable to look into this matter for you if we haven't done so already.
Please give us a call and ask to speak to Customer Service so that we can look into this matter for you further. Alternatively please email the details in to sales@doorsofdistinction.co.uk
4 Doors were ordered on 19th June with the verification that they were in stock, hence the reason why the order was placed.
After no updates re a delivery time for these items, I was then informed that they were in the warehouse and were just waiting to be scheduled for delivery, with a proposed ETA of early this week 8th July. After contacting them yet again, I am now informed that even after being informed that the doors were in stock, and were being scheduled for delivery, I am now informed (after further chase up phone calls) that there is an issue with the glazing and the delivery will now not be until next week!! That is if this does in fact happen.
Absolutely diabolical service and I will not be using, or, recommending this company to any clients / companies that I deal with on a regular basis for my Projects.
Recently purchased 10 oak doors.Delivery was a nightmare. Please ensure that you see and read their terms and conditions before ordering. We did not see a copy. If we had we would have arranged our own collection. Also ordered £230 of door handles which were delivered and left on our doorstep. No signature was required. I have ordered goods from other companies with a value less than £30 which require a signature and are never left. Also had a damaged door which was replaced and we received delivery yesterday. This time the driver told me if I unpacked the door to check it and it was damaged he would not be able to take it back - again contrary to T&C's. Crazy!
Complete nightmare and to be quite frank they didn’t really care ! We spent over £5000 on doors and accessories, There attitude was we supply nationwide and our order was insignificant to there turnover.
As a company we offer a very personal service something doors of distinction have clearly lost in there desire of quantity over quality
Hello Mark
We are sorry to hear that you are disappointed with our service, unfortunately on site measuring is not something we offer, neither is same day delivery.
We trust that everything is in order with your latest deliveries, please do not hesitate to get in touch if you require any further help.
This company have been amazing! I ordered a pair of double doors and have been a nightmare customer changing my mind twice. They have swopped the doors without any quibble and from the delivery man Ken to Martin in sales, have been helpful and charming throughout.
Thank you Doors of Distinction!
Delivery charge 30+Vat ,if u miss the driver they will charge 64+Vat for delivery.
One door of a pair arrived damaged but because I didn't open them with 72hrs the company washed their hands of them.

It was very clear that the damaged door was inadequately packed but they didn't want to know.

Wouldn't buy from them again as although the doors seem to be well made their customer service lets them down.
Doors look lovely, very friendly staff
Terrible Terrible Terrible .. I really can not bring myself to write anything else ..
Having taken a year to make up our minds to order 11 doors from Doors of Distinction, they were as friendly and polite as the first time we spoke to them (Alan). Extremely pleased with the service we received and even though one of the doors was a bit faulty (a manufacturing fault and not D of D Ltd), their after sales care and attention was fantastic. So often companies fall behind with their service once they have your money, but not so with Doors of Distinction! Would definitely recommend and buy from them again.
As I am unable to reply to Doors of Distinction’s reply I would like to explain that never once has anyone from the company visited my house and therefore how they know the rooms were recently plastered is due to their own convenient conclusions. The doors were trimmed to fit a space that I was advised was suitable for the doors I picked. The fact remains, the doors were WARPED and once you buy doors from this company they will find every way possible to wipe their hands of them and cover themselves. DO NOT BUY FROM THEM
Sold faulty warped doors. BEWARE the minute you take delivery of your doors, this useless company wipe their hands of them and will use every excuse in the book to claim the issue is not their fault. Avoid like the plague. There are much better, more reputable companies out there.
Further to your review, as discussed when the issue was first reported to us, the cause of the issue is due to the doors being over trimmed, and left untreated allowing moisture to ingress the doors. The moisture ingress was exacerbated by hanging untreated doors in plastered rooms where the plaster had not completely dried out. All of our customers are provided with all relevant advice regarding fitting and treatment of the doors at point of sale, and this advice needs to be shared with any tradesmen that are fitting the doors. Unfortunately as the advice was not followed, it has resulted in the issue with the doors. This matter has been fully investigated and pursued, and in this instance are unable to offer any further assistance due to the incorrect handling and fitting of these doors. It is vital that all instructions and advice is followed when fitting engineered doors to ensure issue such as these do not occur. We have provided you with the details of our alternative dispute resolution service by email, and if you intend to pursue the issue, then please do so according to the email instructions.
I have used doors of distinction several times, on this occasion I ordered 4 fire doors for a refurb in Southampton and needed them quickly, they didn't have one door in stock as it was a special order. They chased up the company for the 4th door and managed to get all doors to me within my time frame. I received a lot of assistance from Alan and the delivery driver arrived on time and was also very accommodating. The delivery charge was very reasonable. I would have no hesitation in recommending this company.
Doors of Distinction is rated 4.47 based on 177 reviews