Doors of Distinction Reviews

of reviewers recommend Doors of Distinction
Courier, Own Driver
Read Doors of Distinction Reviews

About Doors of Distinction:

Doors of Distinction is a family run business established over 30 years ago selling quality doors to the retail and trade markets and has now grown to be one of the largest door retailers in the country.

We go the extra mile by offering good sound advice direct from loyal and knowledgeable sales advisors with many years of experience between them.

Our range includes quality timber internal and external doors, bi-folding doors, room dividers, fire doors and door furniture. We are committed to delivering a exceptional service providing solutions that help customers achieve their dreams.

Tell us how Doors of Distinction made you happy
Thanks. Very fast delivery of Palmermo doors. Fitted today and they are lovely, very happy and would recommend. Great communication. Thanks again.
Poor customer service when the doors we ordered turned out to be not as described on their website. Avoid this company, as there is no support if something goes wrong.
We do apologies that in this instance we have been unable to help you to your satisfaction. As explained, these doors come with a raised beading and had we been made aware you were planning to use any of these doors within a pocket door system we would have been able to have advised you accordingly. However, as this was not discussed it falls on the customer and builders onsite to check that the goods ordered will be suitable. Although we are unable to accept the return of any doors that had been worked on or used we have offered to return the two doors not worked on and change these to an alternative suitable door for you. We have also agreed to cover any delivery and collection charges to change these. We are sorry that we can't return or change the doors you have fitted, but we do make it clear that all products must be fully checked prior to fitting to ensure you are happy with your purchase. Again, we apologise that in this instance we have been unable to do more.
I ordered four doors and Doors of Distinction were very helpful and patient while I tried to work out which products to order.
Having sold me on the quality of some JB Kind Doors there was an issue with one of the doors which arrived damaged but wasn’t noticed until a long time after deliver.
Lesser companies would have left me disappointed with the damaged door as it was down to me to fully check the doors on delivery but Doors of Distinction were quick to respond and replaced the damaged goods based on the photos I sent to them.
The response to the issue with my order was first class and I will happily order from these people again!
Thank you for your comments Martyn, we appreciate the time taken to do this, and glad that we resolved the issue you had.
Tracey Snook - Director
The doors are very cheap quality it’s not worth for money at all.
The door which arrived is totally different from one on the website.👎
I never recommend anyone.
Very bad experience and it is clearly cheating
Dear Mr Mahenthrian,
Thank you for the information you have provided, we do have a Customer Service department that deals with any issues customers may have. We do not have any record of contact from you prior to posting this review, but our customer Service Manager Richard will be in contact with you shortly to discuss where we can help. Tracey Snook
Excellent service quick delivery and doors lovely
Thanks
I knew I wanted fifteen XL joinery doors and Doors of Distinction had the best price I could find online. My initial enquiry was during C-19 restrictions with Alan who helped answer all of my questions. He gave me the confidence to purchase at that time and later Matthew helped me through the ordering process . At my request the delivery was held for several weeks without issue. The actual delivery was on time and efficiently managed. Two months followed until the Carpenter could fit them who found I had ordered 3 doors incorrectly. A phone call to Matthew who managed a smooth and seamless re-order/invoice and collection/credit immediately. I emailed about a small piece of damage which was managed swiftly and apologetically by Matthew and Richard to a satisfactory outcome. Excellent doors and excellent customer service all round. I'm very pleased.
I visited Doors of Distinctions showroom to view the doors I was interested in. Lee was very helpful. I chose my ten doors and they were delivered very quickly. Door ten is bespoke and currently being made. Excellent service would not hesitate to recommend this company. Doors fitted and look fab.
From first quote, ordering, then to delivery, then just a minor issue, everything was dealt with in good time and extremely efficiently. I emailed regarding a small piece of damage and was called half an hour later with a resolution which I was happy with.
Hi Susy
Apologies for the slight damage, but glad to hear we sorted things quickly for you, thank you for your time taken to post the review!
Great prices and products, and timely delivery. Excellent support and advice by phone. Have no reservations about recommending Doors of Distinction. Many thanks to the entire team.
Ordered downstairs doors for new build and after some issues all arrived and installed, quality average
Then ordered doors for upstairs and told not available for months but have same doors that only has slight bevel compared to original doors, so ordered Replacements And one of original as I could wait for this door and waited.
Doors eventually arrived but panels completely different size so had to use upstairs But asked for one to be replaced as it sat next to an original door and looked completely odd
After much discussion they are insisting that I pay £30 to pick up the door and £35 to take off one away even though they are picking up a door they sent by mistake and has been sitting in house for 4 months
So I am understandably not happy now having to pay £65 to replace a £80 door that they mis sold to me.
They are not happy to compromise at all even though they told me the doors were slightly different, when they are definitely not
I would suggest you avoid as I will in future as customer service is bad as they never reply and keep you waiting and chasing
Hello Mr Miller,

Further to our telephone conversation, thank you giving us the time to discuss these issues with you and are pleased that we were able to resolve this to your satisfaction.

As discussed, if you do have any further queries or questions please do not hesitate to call us.

Many Thanks again

Richard
Spoke to a salesman on Saturday about French doors, said he would be in touch on Monday, a week later and still haven't heard back, wouldn't both with them again, obviously not interested in my custom.
Mike
Hello Mike
My apologies if you have not been called as advised by our salesman. I have checked with the salesmen that were on duty on that particular Saturday, and you should have been contacted again. This is not the standard of service we expect from our team. Please let me know if we can assist further.
We were very impressed with the quality and price of the doors, especially as they were pre finished. We could have brought unfinished doors from a well know retailer at the same price, necessitating us doing all the varnishing! The handles are excellent quality and a lovely brushed aluminium finish, there are 3 ball bearing hinges for each door. The after care service was brilliant, as the privacy lock was damaged. We received a replacement with 3 days. Thank you to Alan and everyone at Doors of Distinction. Would highly recommend them.
Superb customer service especially as we were trying to buy within the lock down period, we managed to talk to Alan who was working within a lock down scenario, who helped us buy the required items safely. We were really pleased with the quality and delivery of the doors. Superlative quality of doors and latches.
Brilliant quality doors and handles. Our carpenter was so impressed he has made a note of your name.
Will definitely use again.
Thank you Max for your help and excellent service.
I have been using this company on and of for about 15 years. They have supplied some of the best doors I have worked with, perfectly flat, no bowing and delivered damage free.
If your looking for quality I would recommend. Prices are good also.
We really appreciate you taking the time to post this review, and very glad to hear you are happy with us! Have a great day, and stay safe.
DO NOT order from this company!!! Please!!! I placed an order on 9.01.20 and I am still waiting for my doors on 10.03.20. I have had no correspondence or courtesy emails explaining the delay and have had to continuously chase. Absolutely disgusting customer service. I have repeatedly asked to speak to a manager and keep getting fobbed off. I have been dealing with Alan who has been pretty useless in the whole situation.
Wish I had never placed the order.
Hello Zahid
Apologies for the confusion caused by not updating you when we should have, as advised by telephone earlier today, we now have confirmation that the doors have docked and they are scheduled to be with you by the end of next week. The courier will call you to arrange this.
Very pleased with the quality of the doors which have transformed our hallway. Had a problem with a faulty bathroom lock but called and a replacement was sent straight away. Excellent company.
Sorry that you had a problem with the bathroom lock, I trust everything was okay with the replacement.
Good service, good product. Had an issue with two of the doors but issue resolved quickly and efficiently
Apologies you had an issue, but very glad that it was resolved quickly.
Stress-free experience. We were able to see all products in their Dorset showroom which helped us choose the right supplier for our needs, essential especially when choosing door handles and locks. Staff provided useful advice and explained delivery process. Prices are reasonable. Everything arrived on time. Wouldn't hesitate to re-use or recommend Doors of Distinction.
Thank you Stefan for the taking the time to write your review. Hannah looked after your order and she and the rest of the team will be delighted to hear that we met our expectations on service.
Thank you again.
Sales and advisory staff unfailingly helpful and friendly. Excellent service and after-care - happy to answer even the most stupid questions from a novice customer!
That you for taking the time to write this review Michael. Matt was your salesperson and he and the rest of the team will be pleased to hear your comments on the service we strive to deliver.
We’re doing a loft conversion but wanted to try to stay true to the period of the house. We ordered the 1930s style white primed fire doors to comply with all the fire regs. The doors are very well made and the primer actually looks like a finished coat of white paint. The doors look just like our original doors.
Thank you for your review. Max was your salesperson and will be delighted to hear that your so pleased with the doors you purchased.
Thank you for taking the time to post this review.
Doors of Distinction is rated 4.44 based on 180 reviews