Doors of Distinction Reviews

of reviewers recommend Doors of Distinction
Courier, Own Driver
Read Doors of Distinction Reviews

About Doors of Distinction:

Doors of Distinction is a family run business established over 30 years ago selling quality doors to the retail and trade markets and has now grown to be one of the largest door retailers in the country.

We go the extra mile by offering good sound advice direct from loyal and knowledgeable sales advisors with many years of experience between them.

Our range includes quality timber internal and external doors, bi-folding doors, room dividers, fire doors and door furniture. We are committed to delivering a exceptional service providing solutions that help customers achieve their dreams.

Tell us how Doors of Distinction made you happy
We are still waiting for the doors. We were told by the salesman we would receive an email 2 days after our payment was made and we didn't even get an invoice after 3 days! We were also told that they would be delivered within 3-5 working days and it will be 5 days tomorrow! We had to ring and ask for an invoice after 3 days. We cannot find out WHEN they will be delivered and have had 2 promises of being rung up that didn't happen. Now we have been told that 'someone' will ring tomorrow but we STILL haven't been told WHEN they will be delivered. Perhaps this company thinks we have nothing better to do than stay in every day on the off chance our nigh on £600 worth of 5 doors may turn up! I'm fuming and my husband is seriously considering cancelling the order.
Hello Mr & Mrs Tack, I’m sorry to see you have not experienced a smooth ordering and delivery service as we would expect. We do record all the calls into the sales team to ensure the service offered is delivered and I can see there has been a breakdown in communication.
Please accept our apologies for the misunderstandings experienced and any anxiety caused. I have spoken to the courier who confirmed the doors are scheduled to be delivered this Friday as requested, which I hope will go smoothly.
Please do not hesitate to contact me directly: marc.ryan@doorsofdistinction.co.uk should you have any further questions or feel I may be able to help.
Wouldn't have perchased the external patt10 oak door if I had seen it in the flesh. Bad quality, poor silicone between glass and door (both sides gappy). Website pictures are false as the door was v-jointed and not flush . Won't be using doors of distinction in the future !
I am very sorry to hear you are not satisfied with the product you bought. The website images show the door from several feet away and within a fitted setting. The description does not describe or state ‘flush door’ but neither does it state ‘grooved’! Your feedback is welcomed and as a consequence of your comments we will look at showing finer detail on the images and/or describing the door as grooved. We want to look after our customers to the highest standard possible and we are very disappointed you feel let down by the quality of the product.
Do not use Doors of Distinction, as their salesman are rude.if you do not make a decision straight away they talk over the top of you and put the phone down. Then they have the cheek to send you a e-mail, saying would you like to buy some of our hardware. I have never had a sales person be so rude.
Firstly, please accept our apologies for the unacceptable level of service you have received. This is not the excellent service we are known for. After 30 years of Business in the Door Industry and an excellent reputation to date, with thousands of satisfied customers, we are particularly disappointed you have been let down.
Secondly, the salesman in question also offers his sincere apologies to you for not looking after your enquiry with his usually high standard of professionalism.
We were impressed visiting the showroom and ordered a front door and glazed side panel costing £800. DOD recommended a carpenter who made a ‘pigs ear’ of hanging the door. 5 years later the veneer is pealing off and we are now having to get a replacement. Disgusting.
We are sorry to hear that you have had an issue with doors purchased from Doors of Distinction. Unfortunately without further details we are unable to look into this matter for you if we haven't done so already.
Please give us a call and ask to speak to Customer Service so that we can look into this matter for you further. Alternatively please email the details in to sales@doorsofdistinction.co.uk
4 Doors were ordered on 19th June with the verification that they were in stock, hence the reason why the order was placed. After no updates re a delivery time for these items, I was then informed that they were in the warehouse and were just waiting to be scheduled for delivery, with a proposed ETA of early this week 8th July. After contacting them yet again, I am now informed that even after being informed that the doors were in stock, and were being scheduled for delivery, I am now informed (after further chase up phone calls) that there is an issue with the glazing and the delivery will now not be until next week!! That is if this does in fact happen. Absolutely diabolical service and I will not be using, or, recommending this company to any clients / companies that I deal with on a regular basis for my Projects.
Recently purchased 10 oak doors.Delivery was a nightmare. Please ensure that you see and read their terms and conditions before ordering. We did not see a copy. If we had we would have arranged our own collection. Also ordered £230 of door handles which were delivered and left on our doorstep. No signature was required. I have ordered goods from other companies with a value less than £30 which require a signature and are never left. Also had a damaged door which was replaced and we received delivery yesterday. This time the driver told me if I unpacked the door to check it and it was damaged he would not be able to take it back - again contrary to T&C's. Crazy!
Complete nightmare and to be quite frank they didn’t really care ! We spent over £5000 on doors and accessories, There attitude was we supply nationwide and our order was insignificant to there turnover. As a company we offer a very personal service something doors of distinction have clearly lost in there desire of quantity over quality
Hello Mark
We are sorry to hear that you are disappointed with our service, unfortunately on site measuring is not something we offer, neither is same day delivery.
We trust that everything is in order with your latest deliveries, please do not hesitate to get in touch if you require any further help.
Delivery charge 30+Vat ,if u miss the driver they will charge 64+Vat for delivery.
One door of a pair arrived damaged but because I didn't open them with 72hrs the company washed their hands of them. It was very clear that the damaged door was inadequately packed but they didn't want to know. Wouldn't buy from them again as although the doors seem to be well made their customer service lets them down.
Terrible Terrible Terrible .. I really can not bring myself to write anything else ..
As I am unable to reply to Doors of Distinction’s reply I would like to explain that never once has anyone from the company visited my house and therefore how they know the rooms were recently plastered is due to their own convenient conclusions. The doors were trimmed to fit a space that I was advised was suitable for the doors I picked. The fact remains, the doors were WARPED and once you buy doors from this company they will find every way possible to wipe their hands of them and cover themselves. DO NOT BUY FROM THEM
Sold faulty warped doors. BEWARE the minute you take delivery of your doors, this useless company wipe their hands of them and will use every excuse in the book to claim the issue is not their fault. Avoid like the plague. There are much better, more reputable companies out there.
Further to your review, as discussed when the issue was first reported to us, the cause of the issue is due to the doors being over trimmed, and left untreated allowing moisture to ingress the doors. The moisture ingress was exacerbated by hanging untreated doors in plastered rooms where the plaster had not completely dried out. All of our customers are provided with all relevant advice regarding fitting and treatment of the doors at point of sale, and this advice needs to be shared with any tradesmen that are fitting the doors. Unfortunately as the advice was not followed, it has resulted in the issue with the doors. This matter has been fully investigated and pursued, and in this instance are unable to offer any further assistance due to the incorrect handling and fitting of these doors. It is vital that all instructions and advice is followed when fitting engineered doors to ensure issue such as these do not occur. We have provided you with the details of our alternative dispute resolution service by email, and if you intend to pursue the issue, then please do so according to the email instructions.
Arrived damaged and marked
Dear Mrs Darlington. We do apologise that some damage occurred to your order whilst the doors were in transit direct from the manufacturer. The doors were delivered on 12th Nov and you notified us 7 days later of damage to two of the doors. We acted as quickly as possible and arranged replacements in a timely manner. You also notified us of some further marking which we put forward a solution to alongside a good will payment. We do advise customers to check deliveries on receipt and notify us of any problems within 72 hours. Customer satisfaction is very important to us and again we are very sorry for the inconvenience you experienced with this order.
The customer service is very poor, they do not call you back or give you an update on the expected delivery dates. I had to phone up the supplier myself to find out where my order was, as it has taken over 2 weeks. I am amazed that this company has been awarded 5 stars for customer service! I certainly will be using this company again. Very Poor
Delivery took over 3 weeks, I was informed it should only be 5-7 working days. On arrival the pattern 10 door had been manufactured with plastic trapped between the glazing and the wood requiring an extra hour to rectify per door. On discussions with the company they said all doors are manufactured this way. It did seem that maybe this was a problem that could be resolved in manufacturer, they were adamant this was my problem and I had to absorb the cost to rectify.
Doors of Distinction is rated 4.50 based on 162 reviews