Doors of Distinction Reviews

83% of reviewers recommend Doors of Distinction

About Doors of Distinction: Doors of Distinction is a family run business established over 30 years ago selling quality doors to the retail and trade markets and has now grown to be one of the largest door retailers in the country.

We go the extra mile by offering good sound advice direct from loyal and knowledgeable sales advisors with many years of experience between them.

Our range includes quality timber internal and external doors, bi-folding doors, room dividers, fire doors and door furniture. We are committed to delivering a exceptional service providing solutions that help customers achieve their dreams.

Tell us how Doors of Distinction made you happy

Own Driver, Courier
"We were impressed visiting the showroom and ordered a front door and glazed side panel costing £800. DOD recommended a carpenter who made a ‘pigs ear’ of hanging the door. 5 years later the veneer is pealing off and we are now having to get a replacement. Disgusting."
We are sorry to hear that you have had an issue with doors purchased from Doors of Distinction. Unfortunately without further details we are unable to look into this matter for you if we haven't done so already.
Please give us a call and ask to speak to Customer Service so that we can look into this matter for you further. Alternatively please email the details in to sales@doorsofdistinction.co.uk
"4 Doors were ordered on 19th June with the verification that they were in stock, hence the reason why the order was placed. After no updates re a delivery time for these items, I was then informed that they were in the warehouse and were just waiting to be scheduled for delivery, with a proposed ETA of early this week 8th July. After contacting them yet again, I am now informed that even after being informed that the doors were in stock, and were being scheduled for delivery, I am now informed (after further chase up phone calls) that there is an issue with the glazing and the delivery will now not be until next week!! That is if this does in fact happen. Absolutely diabolical service and I will not be using, or, recommending this company to any clients / companies that I deal with on a regular basis for my Projects."
"Recently purchased 10 oak doors.Delivery was a nightmare. Please ensure that you see and read their terms and conditions before ordering. We did not see a copy. If we had we would have arranged our own collection. Also ordered £230 of door handles which were delivered and left on our doorstep. No signature was required. I have ordered goods from other companies with a value less than £30 which require a signature and are never left. Also had a damaged door which was replaced and we received delivery yesterday. This time the driver told me if I unpacked the door to check it and it was damaged he would not be able to take it back - again contrary to T&C's. Crazy!"
"Complete nightmare and to be quite frank they didn’t really care ! We spent over £5000 on doors and accessories, There attitude was we supply nationwide and our order was insignificant to there turnover. As a company we offer a very personal service something doors of distinction have clearly lost in there desire of quantity over quality"
Hello Mark
We are sorry to hear that you are disappointed with our service, unfortunately on site measuring is not something we offer, neither is same day delivery.
We trust that everything is in order with your latest deliveries, please do not hesitate to get in touch if you require any further help.
"This company have been amazing! I ordered a pair of double doors and have been a nightmare customer changing my mind twice. They have swopped the doors without any quibble and from the delivery man Ken to Martin in sales, have been helpful and charming throughout. Thank you Doors of Distinction!"
"Delivery charge 30+Vat ,if u miss the driver they will charge 64+Vat for delivery."
"One door of a pair arrived damaged but because I didn't open them with 72hrs the company washed their hands of them. It was very clear that the damaged door was inadequately packed but they didn't want to know. Wouldn't buy from them again as although the doors seem to be well made their customer service lets them down."
"Doors look lovely, very friendly staff"
"Terrible Terrible Terrible .. I really can not bring myself to write anything else .."
"Having taken a year to make up our minds to order 11 doors from Doors of Distinction, they were as friendly and polite as the first time we spoke to them (Alan). Extremely pleased with the service we received and even though one of the doors was a bit faulty (a manufacturing fault and not D of D Ltd), their after sales care and attention was fantastic. So often companies fall behind with their service once they have your money, but not so with Doors of Distinction! Would definitely recommend and buy from them again."
"As I am unable to reply to Doors of Distinction’s reply I would like to explain that never once has anyone from the company visited my house and therefore how they know the rooms were recently plastered is due to their own convenient conclusions. The doors were trimmed to fit a space that I was advised was suitable for the doors I picked. The fact remains, the doors were WARPED and once you buy doors from this company they will find every way possible to wipe their hands of them and cover themselves. DO NOT BUY FROM THEM"
"Sold faulty warped doors. BEWARE the minute you take delivery of your doors, this useless company wipe their hands of them and will use every excuse in the book to claim the issue is not their fault. Avoid like the plague. There are much better, more reputable companies out there."
Further to your review, as discussed when the issue was first reported to us, the cause of the issue is due to the doors being over trimmed, and left untreated allowing moisture to ingress the doors. The moisture ingress was exacerbated by hanging untreated doors in plastered rooms where the plaster had not completely dried out. All of our customers are provided with all relevant advice regarding fitting and treatment of the doors at point of sale, and this advice needs to be shared with any tradesmen that are fitting the doors. Unfortunately as the advice was not followed, it has resulted in the issue with the doors. This matter has been fully investigated and pursued, and in this instance are unable to offer any further assistance due to the incorrect handling and fitting of these doors. It is vital that all instructions and advice is followed when fitting engineered doors to ensure issue such as these do not occur. We have provided you with the details of our alternative dispute resolution service by email, and if you intend to pursue the issue, then please do so according to the email instructions.
"I have used doors of distinction several times, on this occasion I ordered 4 fire doors for a refurb in Southampton and needed them quickly, they didn't have one door in stock as it was a special order. They chased up the company for the 4th door and managed to get all doors to me within my time frame. I received a lot of assistance from Alan and the delivery driver arrived on time and was also very accommodating. The delivery charge was very reasonable. I would have no hesitation in recommending this company."
"Despite a hitch with a delivery issue, the doors are great and robust."
"Extremely efficient from the sales team to the warehouse assistant. Very pleased with the product and very clear about the pricing structure. Very good web site. Would recommend to anybody."
"The service, The Quality of the doors and the delivery were near perfection. The carpenter that installed the doors even stated as to how good the quality was and how easy they were to hang. The Glazed door looks fantastic as well. Would recommend to everyone."
"Quality and service was first class would highly recommend."
"Arrived damaged and marked"
Dear Mrs Darlington. We do apologise that some damage occurred to your order whilst the doors were in transit direct from the manufacturer. The doors were delivered on 12th Nov and you notified us 7 days later of damage to two of the doors. We acted as quickly as possible and arranged replacements in a timely manner. You also notified us of some further marking which we put forward a solution to alongside a good will payment. We do advise customers to check deliveries on receipt and notify us of any problems within 72 hours. Customer satisfaction is very important to us and again we are very sorry for the inconvenience you experienced with this order.
"The veneered oak doors were high quality, and my carpenter was particularly impressed with the quality of the hinges and other door hardware. Matthew in sales was great, and Richard in customer service was brilliant. Will definitely use them again."
"From start to finish, the service given by Doors of Distinction has been friendly and efficient. I am delighted by the doors and handles they supplied to us. I would definitely recommend them to others and use them again myself."
Doors of Distinction is rated 4.30 based on 90 reviews