Delcor Reviews

of reviewers recommend Delcor
Over A Month
Read Delcor Reviews

About Delcor:

Delcor fly the flag for British craftsmanship with made-to-measure sofas and chairs.

Our furniture is made to last a lifetime: we happily apply a 50 year guarantee all our solid birch frames. While the fabric is totally up to you, with over 10,000 of the best designer fabrics and leathers from around the world to choose from. We offer delivery to your home direct from the workshop, and we'll assemble your sofa on site in the event of any access problems.

Visit us at one of our four stunning destination showrooms around the country and talk to our Designers about creating an original Delcor piece for your home. Find us in Fulham, Cheshire, Seaton Delaval or Stamford, or call us on 0191 237 1303 for help and advice.

Tell us how Delcor made you happy
Delcor 5 star review on 5th December 2020
Mr & Mrs Wilkinson
Delcor 5 star review on 1st October 2020
Nichola
Delcor 5 star review on 22nd August 2020
Mr & Mrs Kirby
Delcor 5 star review on 28th July 2020
Ms Barrow
Brilliant service from Julie at the showroom, great assistance during selection of furniture and fabrics.
Furniture arrived on time and it is top class quality.
The team were very professional from placing order to delivery and assembly of the sofa. They were able to guide me through selecting the materials I had in mind and when the sofa was delivered it was assembled very well. The process was very smooth from start to finish and I would highly recommend them.
Everything about our purchase of 2 sofas was excellent. One was a standard size and the second was more made to measure and the process of ordering in the showroom was second to none with helpful and informative staff who gave us the guidance we needed. The sofas were ready early but we weren't ready to have them delivered and it was no problem for them to be kept until we were ready - way past our original date. The sofas are beautiful - the look lovely, are comfortable and feel really first class. I couldn't recommend Delcor any higher. We should have ordered a couple of footstools and will definitely be doing that next.
Its early days to be able to comment on the sofas I have recently received. I can say that the personal service at my local shop and the arrangements for delivery and on the actual day were excellent and again very personal unlike many of the large companies in the same sector.
Hi Ms Dowglass

Thank you very much for taking the time to review your Delcor experience.

To provide quality, stylish furniture backed up with excellent customer service is what we strive to achieve and I am so glad we met your expectations.

As you say, not all companies take this pride and that's why I am very proud of Delcor.

I wish you many years of comfort with your Delcor furniture.

MANAGING DIRECTOR
I'd love to say I was thrilled but sadly I'm not. We ordered two sofas, an arm chair and a large Ottoman footstool from the Altrincham store for just under £8,000
Some time after signing off and paying our deposit we were contacted to say the fabric we had chosen required extra fire retardant backing at an extra cost of £400. In fairness they agreed to split the cost but surely this should have been picked up and costed in before we signed contracts.
Then it gets worse. The items were delivered and all seemed ok until a week later and we opened the Ottoman lid for the first time to find a significantly loose hinge.
When the delivery team came to pick it up for return, on looking at it they commented 'they've just split the wood haven't they'
I expected a simple return and replacement with acceptable quality goods but today had a call from the Altrincham office very strongly implying the problem was our fault
'We've never seen this before'
'Are you sure you haven't dropped it'
To try to blame what is very clearly either poor workmanship or transit damage on the customer who has only occasionally rested their feet on it is just the final straw.
Never again.
Hi Mr Shaw

Following on from our various telephone conversations throughout yesterday, firstly I would like to thank both you and Mrs Shaw for being so understanding and accepting my sincere apologies.

As owner & MD, I take these matters extremely seriously and I feel frustrated that you were caused unnecessary disappointed. I am delighted that we are able to rectify these issues to your satisfaction and I am very grateful for you giving us the chance to put things right.

Although no consolation to yourself, from a company point of view these issues will not happen again – I will make sure of it.

I appreciate your commenting on your “beautiful furniture” – this did put a smile on my face!

I am so glad that your confidence in us has been restored and if there is anything you need you have my personal mobile number, so please do give me a call.

Great service from start to finish. Very professional. Thank you
Hi Ms Pescod

Thank you very much for the 5 star review - I am delighted to hear that you were so pleased with the service you received.

Many thanks for choosing Delcor!

MANAGING DIRECTOR
Shopping at Delcor was a delight from the moment we walked through the door. We were greeted by Andrea Bienvenue and offered coffee. We needed a new four piece suite but had no idea where to start. Andrea explained the styles, firmness or otherwise, fabrics and so on. My husband and I decided to look separately then come together to exchange ideas. We were free to wander from room to room, each one with delightful room settings and tasteful furniture and furnishings. In the end we both chose the same style. Andrea then showed us the fabric swatches and advised on types and colours. When our furniture was delivered, the men carried it up our long drive and unwrapped each piece and positioned it as directed. We are absolutely delighted with it. The style is strong, stylish and comfortable, the fabric exactly as seen in the swatch and the oak legs perfectly match the room. When we wanted scatter cushions to compliment the room, Andrea suggested we send photos of the paintings on our walls and was extremely clever at finding matching fabrics. I would describe the shopping experience, attentive staff, wonderful furniture and delivery as excellent. Many thanks Delcor!!
Hi Mr & Mrs Seviour

I cant thank you enough for taking the time to leave us should a glowing review, detailing your full Delcor experience.

Reviews of this nature are fabulous to read and it is great to know that every step of your customer journey was an enjoyable one.

I am thrilled that you are so happy with your dealings with Delcor and obviously the finished result! Your praise will be passed onto Andrea who will be delighted to have received a personal mention.

Wishing you many years of comfort!

Excellent service and product
Hi

Thank you for taking a moment to leave us a 5 star review!

To achieve excellence in our field & our customer service is our aim and I am so pleased that you have not been disappointed!

MANAGING DIRECTOR
This is the second time we have had our Delcor suite refurbished and recovered since we bought it nearly 40 years ago, which I think speaks for itself. The service we had from the Stamford shop was exemplarary, stopping just short of offering us B&B while we made our minds up about fabrics! Delivery was exactly within the quoted lead time. The quality of the finished job is superb and we are delighted.
Hi Mr & Mrs Ferrie

A massive thank you for taking the time to review your Delcor experience and for awarding us a 5 star rating!

I'm proud to say our furniture does stand the test of time and customers such as yourselves are true testament to that statement!

Your lovely comments will be passed onto the girls in our Stamford showroom who will be delighted to know you were so pleased with their service.

MANAGING DIRECTOR
Love our new sofas and arm chair plus, scatter cushions. Excellent service, top quality and local too. Well done Delcor. Thank you.
Delcor 5 star review on 15th November 2019
Hi Mr & Mrs Laybourne

A big thank you for leaving us a lovely 5 star review.

Also, thank you for sending us a photo of your lovely furniture - it's great to be able to see the finished product in situ!

MANAGING DIRECTOR
Our first and only suite of furniture was from Delcor. Therefore, having it recovered was the right move. Beautiful showroom, giving us so many choices of fabric to choose from. Staff were patient, helpful and gave us advice/guidance when asked. Will not hesitate to use/buy from Delcor again.
Hi Mr & Mrs Rapps

I am really happy to hear that you chose to return to Delcor to have your sofa & chair recovered.

I am equally as pleased to hear that you were delighted with the service you received and also that you would return to us again in the future!

Thank you for the 5 stars!

MANAGING DIRECTOR
Whilst I am over the moon with the finished products, the customer service fell short both in terms of attitude and communication. I felt the person I dealt with didn’t think I deserved Delcor sofas. I overheard other customers receiving far superior service from the female assistant. A request sent via email sent on 13th August requesting delivery on a specific date at the end of September was ignored and I had to have 3 sofas delivered the following week. I knew the email had been received and read by them. No apology was given when I queried the lack of response Again delighted with sofas but if I hadn’t used Delcor before and been happy they may not have received my order on this occasion.
Dear Mrs Storey

Thank you for taking the time to review your Delcor experience.

I pride my company on our high standards of customer care, therefore I was quite shocked to hear that the service you received fell below our usual superior standards.

I want all of our customers to be 100% happy with their Delcor journey and will not accept anything that falls short of that expectation.

Rest assured I will fully investigate the matter and will be in touch with you to discuss the issue and to personally convey my apologies.

MANAGING DIRECTOR
I am delighted with my 2 reupholstered setees. They are more than 15 years old and were still in good condition. I changed my colour scheme and needed a new look. Everyone at Delcor was very helpful and made the process trouble free. Thankyou Delcor.
Hi Mrs Outterside

Many thanks for leaving us such a great review.

Also a big thank you for returning to Delcor to use our re-upholstery service. It is a great way to revive your sofa with brand new components & fabric or leather upholstery whilst keeping the same great shape!

I'm so pleased that your return visit to us was a good one!

MANAGING DIRECTOR
From beginning to end, a perfect service. Excellent help and advice when choosing and ordering without any ‘sales’ pressure. The sofas were ready within the timeframe and the delivery guys were very efficient and friendly. What is more, the reaction of people on entering the room and seeing the sofas (3) is ‘wow’! What more can I say!
Hi Mrs Probyn

Thank you very much for such a glowing review!

"Wow" does in deed say it all! I am thrilled to hear that your received "perfect service" from start to finish and in turn I thank you very much for the perfect 5 star rating!

MANAGING DIRECTOR
Excellent, the whole experience was very good.
The girls at Stamford are very efficient and helpful.
The delivery men very helpful and efficient.
The sofa and chair are very comfy and just as good as the sofa I purchased in 1980’s which the sofa is still going strong and is in my sons kitchen.
The only glitch was the delivery was delayed 1 month because of an accident loading the sofa.
I am really pleased.
Hi Mrs Percival

We really appreciate your reviewing your Delcor experience and awarding us 5 stars.

Sincere apologies for the accident our driver had whilst loading the lorry which delayed your order. These things very rarely happen and we really appreciate your understanding!

I am delighted that all other aspects of your journey with us was a good one!

MANAGING DIRECTOR
Excellent service from start to finish
Hi Ms Finch

Im delighted to hear that your Delcor journey was overall "excellent" and that you felt we earned a 5 star rating - it is very much appreciated!

MANAGING DIRECTOR
Extremely happy with the newly reupholstered sofa. I look forward to getting home every day to lie on it! Colin in the showroom was extremely helpful, patient and generous with his expertise. The communication throughout the process was excellent. Many thanks
Hi Mr Keen

A big thank you for taking the time to write a 5 star review regarding your recent re-upholstery.

Your kind words will be passed onto Colin who I am sure will be thrilled to have received a personal mention.

Wishing you many years of comfort with your Delcor furniture.

Staff helpful.
Delivered within promised timeframe.
Quality seems good.
Hi Mr Hughes

Thank you for giving us a 5 star company review.

I am really pleased to hear that you are satisfied with your overall experience with Delcor.

MANAGING DIRECTOR
Really happy with my purchase. Delcor staff were really helpful and made sure we had exactly what we wanted. Would recommend this company to anyone
Hi Mr & Mrs Harrison

Thank you so much for being a valued customer and for reviewing your experience with our company.

I am so pleased to hear that you were happy with the level of customer care you received in store, your purchase and of course the fact that you will recommend us - this is greatly appreciated!

MANAGING DIRECTOR
We are very happy with our sofa and footstool. We discussed our likes and needs with the staff and the bespoke pieces of furniture were made and delivered much to our satisfaction. Thank you Delcor
Hi Mr & Mrs Young

Your positive feedback is greatly appreciated and I am so glad that your expectations were met throughout your customer jourmey.

Thank you for the 5 stars!

Delcor is rated 4.96 based on 493 reviews