Bed Factory Direct Reviews

76% of reviewers recommend Bed Factory Direct

How would you rate Bed Factory Direct ?

Peter Macdonald
Verified Reviewer
"Persistent failure to deliver on agreed date; items promised on Tuesday were again promised on Wednesday and then Thursday, before being finally delivered on the Friday. Not kept informed about delays which resulted in days spent waiting in for deliveries. Tracking not updated, telephone calls and emails left unanswered, messages not returned. I bought two beds and was offered a ten percent discount on my next bed, as a sweetener. Really, how many beds do The Bed Factory think I need? And reading the reviews below it would appear I am joining a long list of dissatisfied customers."
"Delivery was moved from a Saturday to a Monday - spent all weekend trying to get hold of the courier - for which BFD provided no help. Support were completely uninterested in helping - and decided to refund me rather than reschedule the order to the following Saturday. All in all, I'm not impressed. Save yourself the hassle and go elsewhere."
Lorna Skinner
Verified Reviewer
"This company is a nightmare when things go wrong as the reviews show. I ordered a bed and headboard, no problems with communication and delivery. However the headboard was badly damaged when I opened it. The company have taken no responsibility whatsoever for this, saying that it must have been caused by the way I opened it. Anyone can see by the damage that this is not the case, it is stress splits along creases in the headboard, probably caused by the material being put on too tightly. They have a clever way of dealing with things. Their customer service operators are polite friendly sympathetic and apologetic, but totally useless. They promise phone backs from 'supervisors' that never happen. They rely on the customer giving up. I went as far as legal action but the cost is prohibitive so I have now had to also give up. Don't use them, its too big a risk. My bed has now also split but it is clearly useless to try to complain."
Andrew Barlow
Unverified Reviewer
"Bed ordered for delivery today (Friday). I had to call to find out when it would be delivered to be told that due to a forklift accident my bed was not available on the day it was due to be delivered so presumably I would have waited all day with no call to me had I not called. I was offered an alternative in stock and given the impression that it would be delivered today if ordered before 12.15 to be told it would be delivered Monday. I asked for a refund. Shoddy service, poor communication and misleading. I now have to buy again a week later."
"The bed, a faux leather divan bed, is OK and rather comfortable, but the bottom half was damaged and there was a screw missing. Delivered replacement one week later. Communication was very good and the delivery guys great but they should invest a bit in product quality control."
Susan Robertson
"From placing the order to getting items we had a brilliant service, thoroughly chuffed, Thankyou factory direct."
"Not for overseas landlords...cannot accept payments with British bank cards if the billing address is not in the UK. System used is SagePay - probably another one to avoid."
"Bed arrived with black marks, torn undercovers and soaking wet with yellow staines. Still not received a refund. On the positive side communication with delivery was very good."
"The bed was delivered on the day promise, but was incomplete. After contacting customer services, they located the remaining package and dispatched immediately for next day, first drop off. I received 3 calls keeping me informed and the bed arrived 9am as promised, including another follow up call, just as the driver arrived, to ensure satisfaction. The bed was wrapped very will, quality excellent and easy to assemble. After being somewhat nervous to order such an item online, i am really pleased with the product, the company and customer service from both supplier and delivery driver. Would recommend then to anyone."
"1 star only because there is not a Zero option! This service has been a joke. Order was placed and when I did not get a confirmation email I called to be told that there was a technical issue but they would manually process the order. Slightly helpful customer service, but failed to deliver as no email received. So I called again and spoke to Jacob, not only did he snigger when I complained, but there was no apology issued - although when highlighted, he said he had but this was not the case. There was not one ounze of empathy or understanding why the situation would be so frustrating. Jacob personally promised to call to confirm the order was placed, no call, no email, no mattress. When I asked for his name, he asked me why I wanted it - after they failed to get back to me initially of course I am going to want a name to refer to. He probably did not want to be mentioned on a negative review! Possibly Jacob is not his name... I am now on my third follow up call, no doubt with long hold times (like the 25 minutes on initial call) - 10 minutes on hold I am through to Jacob again, who remembers the call, says that the order was cancelled because I took too long to put in card details - but I have an order reference number! Well, you can get a confirmation number without the order being confirmed This time I did get a semi apology, but apparently they didn't have a phone number, which is incorrect, and then apparently it was up to someone else to call me .... Do yourselves a favour and not order from this site. My experience seems to tally with numerous other reviews. I just want confirmation that my payment details are deleted so I can order from a reputable company. 3 calls to establish that I do not even have an order placed ... no, I do not want you to re-order, I would not give my money to such a firm - ever!"
Alexander Burrows
Verified Buyer
"The overall service from BFD was great, there was a small wait until the bed was available, but I was kept updated and it was within the original timelines that I was quoted. Additionally I opted for the finance payment plan and that was very well organized and effortless compared to other companies. However the overall experience was let down by the actually delivery of the bed. When moving the goods from the van and into my flat, the 2 delivery people were struggling to carry very large boxes on their own and bashed the door frames several times whilst moving. It all seemed very rushed and I was even asked to help move large boxes myself. Furhermore once I opened the package (which were heavily dented) in addition to the bumps that I witnessed myself I realised there was a gouge in the centre of one of the boxes. This was so deep that it created a hole in the furniture itself."
Sylwia Spatuszko
Verified Buyer
"Beautiful bed for 9year old.Only assembly was bit hard to do had to get someone more stronger then me.I would recommend."
Carol Carter
Verified Buyer
"Extremely pleased with my purchase. This is the second time I've used your organisation and, on both occasions, everything went really well and we are delighted with both beds and headboards. Definitely use you again and would definitely recommend you."
Pamela Wallace
Verified Buyer
"I found this company courteous and helpful,Delivered promptly and well wrapped, I would use them and recommended them to all"
Victoria Rice
Verified Buyer
"Bed good quality for the price but delivery company very poor. Delivery did not arrive on chosen day- a Friday. No service from either Bedsdirect or courier all weekend. No apology and Bedsdirect emailed to say the bed had arrived at the courier on time so they had fulfilled their obligation!! Will not be shopping with them again, great bed but buy it somewhere else"
Hi Ms Rice, we're really sorry that the bed didn't arrive on your chosen day Friday. XDP did pick it up from our warehouse on the Thursday for next day delivery. We will feed this back and make improvements. We appreciate your feedback.
Cesar Corrales Lopez
Verified Buyer
"On the advertisement it said, if you spend more than £99 YOU WILL GET IT NEXT DAY. Well we got it 2 days later, making me miss a days work. And it came on a Saturday and to top it off. One of the threads. Would not accept the bolt!! So we have a dodgy frame."
Hi Mr Lopez, I can see your order was made at 5.54pm on 6th April, we despatched the goods on the 7th April. An order needs to be received before 11am for us to be able to guarantee next day delivery. This is stated on our delivery page. We apologise though that it wasn't clearer and will feed this back to our team. We appreciate your feedback.
"Very happy with item ordered, delivery guys were also very good and helpful, bed factory don't even charge for carrying the item up stairs unlike another company, would deffinatley recommend bed factory!"
John Geogiou
Verified Buyer
"was very friendly on the phone, new what they where talking about, good price, overall a very good service..."
Denise Willmott
Verified Buyer
"Have not put beds together yet as not ready for them yet. But they look lovely and just what I was looking for. The price was fantastic low price for good looking beds, delivery was quick and good that you could choose your own day of delivery. And the guy who delivered was great."
Sharon Landsborough
Verified Buyer
"Very good service, delivery was early which for me was great. Good quality bed. Very helpful delivery men, carried the bed up stairs and put into the bedroom where it was going. Overall very happy with service."
Bed Factory Direct is rated 4.10 based on 800 reviews