Barnitts Reviews

Read Barnitts Reviews

01904 629429

websales@barnitts.co.uk

24/26 Colliergate

Tell us how Barnitts made you happy
I did not recive all of my order no lawn feed has ever been seny
Although I have had an email saying that my order should have been delivered, I have not received it yet!
Misleading description. Not as described
Ordered stated in stock received email to state waiting stock! Also despatch date was 01st Dec still not received item
I ordered a small item,and being in the local area, I assumed it would be delivered by your local delivery van. But it was put into the Royal Mail and took 7 days for delivery at an unnecessary cost to you
Still have not received order.
Have not received my order yet
Goods were damaged but sent out anyway
Dear Mr Page, We are sorry to hear that your item was damaged upon receipt. The item you ordered was sent out via a third party courier and unfortunately damages can occur in transit. However the item wouldn’t of been dispatched if the item was known to be damaged/faulty. Please get in contact with us and we will try to resolve this for you, unfortunately as you did not contact us as soon as you discovered that the item was faulty there may not be anything we can do now, but if you contact us we will see how we can help. You can either call us on 01904 629429 or email websales@barnitts.co.uk
havenot received yet
The goods arrived having come apart in the box. The screws used for the fittings were too short and had to be replaced which was less of an annoyance than having to pack everything up and return the item.
Dear Mr Hieatt, We are sorry to hear that your item was faulty. We are always willing to replace or refund items that are faulty, within 21 days of delivery. We hope that this issue has now been resolved.
an exercise in frustration. after 7 weeks, order still not able to be fulfilled
After repeated delays amounting to over a month, the wrong size of items were then sent. 3 weeks on further still, have been sent an email to the effect that the remaining part of the order cannot be fulfilled. Since these items form part of a set, it is just not good enough. Liaison with their suppliers appears to be shambolic. AVOID this company unless you want an exercise in frustration
Dear Annie, We apologise for the delay with your order and for sending the incorrect size. Unfortunately the outstanding part of your order has been discontinued with our supplier. As soon as we were made aware of this we contacted you and refunded this part of your order. We work to keep our website up to date with available items, on some occasions we are not made aware by our supplier when an item has been discontinued, so do not know this until we place an order for that item. We apologise for any inconvenience caused by this. Kind Regards Barnitts
2 points rather than 1 because they refunded, but this order went wrong because the item was listed as in stock but guess what...? Not in stock. Companies who do that go on my boycott list. It's either shady or incompetent. No thanks.
I placed an order that stated a item could be pre-ordered. My order was cancelled and I was informed it was because they had sent an email stating it had been shipped. Along with the email of cancellation was the message that the item was not in stock, which I knew, but could be re ordered if I still wanted it, which I did. So, I re ordered after writing that I realised there was a wait for the item with it stating the item could be 'pre-ordered'. So today I have received a second cancellation email. I think perhaps your site needs updating to show that the jelly strainer is no longer supplied, rather than it being a pre order item. Thank you.
3 Items were ordered. Due to poor packing 1 item (microwave) was damaged. Had to re-order. The original kettle we ordered, we returned for a different model more suited to our requirements.This was delivered, with replacement microwave. On opening the box we found that the replacement kettle was damaged due to poor packing. This has since been replaced and now all is fine.
The description of the knives I bought led me to think I was buying Japanese knives with wooden handles. What I received were Chinese knives with plastic handles. Why call plastic "Micarta" unless you are trying to be deliberately misleading? I think Barnitts need to take steps to ensure their descriptions convey exactly what is being sold. If I handn't damaged the packaging I would have returned them.
I am sorry to hear that you are unhappy with the service you received from Barnitts. We work hard to make sure all of our item descriptions are as accurate as possible. Micarta is a generic term used to describe composite thermoset plastic. We are really sorry for the misunderstanding.  Please give us a call if you have any more questions.
Firstly I would say that your prices are to high in comparison with other online retailers. And secondly you have missed sold the item by advertising the product as being sold with a lid when it does not come with one. I am seeking advise on this matter as I feel I was let down by your service and the member of your team I spoke with.
I am sorry to hear that you are unhappy with the service you received from Barnitts. We work hard to make sure all of our item descriptions are accurate, in this case the item is a frying pan and does not come with a lid, there is no mention of a lid on our web page. The price of the item is displayed on the item page and then displayed again for you to review at the basket and payment stages. If you return the item to us unused in it's original packaging then we would be happy to give you a refund. Please give us a call if you have any more questions.
The delivery service was poor. When I contacted to see where my parcel was I was told they had the wrong address. The address was correct. I had the hassle of going to collect it.
I'm sorry to hear you had problems receiving your parcel. Our delivery service is normally very good and such problems are quite rare.
I received acknowledgement of my order by 10/11/16 but by 27/11/16 I'm still waiting for news of when my order will be dispatched. This is not good enough as it's holding up arrangement of works in the house & booking in tradesmen.
Unfortunately there was a long delay with this order, 4 weeks. Then when it was delivered, only 50% of the order arrived with the balance the following day.
Barnitts is rated 4.80 based on 5,549 reviews