B & S Roofing Reviews

of reviewers recommend B & S Roofing
Read B & S Roofing Reviews

bsroofing@icloud.com

Tell us how B & S Roofing made you happy
A very professional service and quality work. Steve was very responsive to the few questions I had. Would certainly recommend B&S and indeed use them again.
Contacted B & S Roofing for repointing work to chimney stack following recommendation from a friend. We received prompt and excellent service. All work done to a very professional high standard. No hesitation in recommending B & S to others and would definitely use their services again for any future work required.
We've just had four Velux windows replaced by Steve's team as we've had ongoing leaks and issues for 15 years. From the quotation (which was very competitive) to installation Steve and his team (Colby et al) were outstanding. Would recommend without hesitation.
We noticed one of our roof tiles was cracked and needed replacing. We have had some poor experiences with other roofers, but that wasn't the case with Steve and his team. After noticing the cracked tile I phoned up for a quote and an idea of when they could repair the tile. Steve was very clear and open about the cost and timelines from the start. I was informed that the team were particularly busy and that the job would be completed by the end of the month, if not sooner if someone was available to fix. I was very impressed that after only a couple of days due to a postponement they were able to fit us in. The tiler arrived setup, took photos of the damage and the work after it was completed and took all rubble away. Both Steve and the tiler were very pleasant and easy to communicate with and I was happy they were able to squeeze us in when they could! Well done team, I know who I'll be calling if we have any other roofing issues.
B&S Roofing have just supplied and installed three Velux windows for us. The installation took place exactly when originally promised. The work was carried out to a very high standard by an expert installer who was friendly and efficient. Every bit of mess was cleared up and all packaging materials removed. I have absolutely no reservations in recommending B&S Roofing and we will certainly use them again if need arises.
B&S Roofing came highly recommended to me and based on my own recent experience I too would highly recommend them to others. The whole process from the competitive quotation which was mainly for the replacement of fascias, soffits and guttering to completion of the work to a high standard has been great. The team were polite, very professional and efficient and answered any queries I had. I would not hesitate in using B&S Roofing for any future projects.
B&S came highly recommended to us and I cannot fault them. Our quote came through within a couple of hours and there is no pressure. Nothing was too much trouble and they continued working even in pouring rain. The team were polite, friendly and very professional and the prices are very fair. They go beyond what is expected of them sorting out any problems they come across. I have no hesitation in recommending them.
Great service from Steve and his team yet again. We have used them several times over the years from the smallest of tasks, repairing one slipped tile, to major works, new flat roof. Everytime works have been carried out on time, to a high standard and at a good price. Would recommend and will use again.
Complete new roof, guttering and dorms window installed 3 years ago. Problem 1, back walls soaked to the point the water permeated the bricks! Causing damp to the internal wall! After repeated attempts by various employees this was eventually fixed. Late starting and inexperienced boys sent to complete a very large contract! Never good when the trying to rectify inexperience poor workmanship!! Still having major issues with water permeating brick work, HOWEVER now it’s to the front of the house! Wanting to charge for the utter incompetence of the initial installation! Overall distasteful feeling that guarantee is not worth anything!! APPARENTLY it’s now poor design !? It’s Victorian, if I employ a contractor whom specialty is roofing and guttering, should they not advise on remedial work!? Now have to pay another contractor to put it right!!!!!! Worst service I’ve ever had!
Hi Mr Waller Thankyou for your comments and you are perfectly within your rights to express your opinion. I feel the need to defend myself and my company in this instance because I feel this review is completely unjust. The problem you refer to on the rear property that as you say we have now resolved and indeed been thanked for by your wife for our diligence was actually caused initially by you. We fitted you new Fascias and slated the rear element of the roof and we’re then made to alter the Fascias and bring them forward so they ran in line with neighbouring property, this was not discussed at any time during the quoting stage nor was it discussed during the works until it was way too late. There was absolutely no problem with the work as we had done it with a very small step out where we met next doors property. We did this work against our wishes and advice because we now had to retrospectively fit lead under the tiles to act as a guide to bring rainwater into the guttering as it exited the bottom tile to compensate having brought all the roofline goods forward. We did not get this right first time and in fact it did take a few visits, this was not due to any inexperience or the age of any our operatives, this was because we had to do something out of the ordinary to bridge the gap caused by you insisting after all work on rear elevation was complete that we move the fascia forward and could and would have been avoided if we were notified when works were in progress that you wouldn’t accept a small step where your roofline goods met next doors as they always had. These retrospective works were done at huge financial cost to B & S Roofing and not once did we ask for any contribution. Now to the front elevation. Absolutely nothing wrong with any of the works we have carried out here and I welcome any other roofing contractors opinions on this. The design of the house is as such that approximately 30 square metres of roof fall into approximately 12 inches of guttering. We have offered to put kayflow super deep guttering on for you to better cope with water escape during heavy rainfall, again at our expense, you have turned this down because you want to retain the aesthetics of the guttering, the guttering that although we upgraded from standard sized to deep flow but still cannot cope with modern weather systems. A few issues to raise around water penetrating the bricks and the damp you are suffering on the front elevation. At the outset we quoted, at your request, to cut out approximately 150 spalled bricks on the front elevation, perished to the point that in some cases there is only half a brick remaining, far more than just blown faces! You ruled this out due to lack of available funds and said you would do it yourself at a later date. These bricks have perished so badly because water has been leaking down the bricks for many many years due to the poor design of the guttering, this is not a new problem and in any case we have offered a solution which you have turned down. In addition you insisted on doing the insulation on this project yourself again to save money. Now you have told me that the damp you are suffering is black mould, this is a ventilation/insulation problem snd is not caused by ingressing water. As aforementioned you did this element of the work. I have tried to work with you on this but on 2 planned visits we have been denied access to be able to properly assess this. I would like to point out that out of over 150 reviews only 3 to my knowledge are negative. 1 was due to poor parking of 1 of our vehicles which I profusely apologised for. 1 for a missed appointment which quite simply did not happen, when I challenged this there was no response. And then there is you. Just as you are entitled to voice your opinion, so am I. There is so very much in the media about rogue traders in our industry. I put it to readers of my reviews that occasionally there is such a thing as a rogue client. Many thanks Steve Morley B & S Roofing
Thoroughly recommend - we have had excelllent work, carried out very efficiently and professionally by courteous and tidy roofers on both pitched and flat rooves, and at competitive prices. Thank you
Repointing of chimney stack and new ridge tiles. Great service, answers any concerns, clean up before leaving. Competitive quote, highly recommend the service. Thanks again.
It's now the second time I've used B&S Roofing (following a recommendation from a friend) and I wouldn't go anywhere else. Steve responds to your calls promptly, turns up when he says he will and his team are fantastic, tidy and polite. All work carried out has been first class. Last year he replaced my guttering and fascia boards, plus fitted a skylight velux window and this year he responded quickly to a leaking roof with new lead work, repairs to a chimney and replacemnet of old tiles. I'd highly recommend this company.
These guys were brilliant. So nice, polite and professional, communication was excellent when arranging for the work to be completed and you can tell they are really trust worthy people. I am already recommending them to people I know.
Brilliant, trust-worthy service from great people. Thoroughly recommend B&S Roofing.
These guys came recommended and they were amazing. They were very professional and went the extra mile especially with the detailed lead work and protecting the Victorian finial. Steve put me in touch with Quadrant Building Control who were excellent and efficient. Insulation was specified and installed. A very good job and such nice people. Highly recommended.
Good job done by Tom and Kiran.
They arrived on the day stated at 9.00 am. They knocked on the door wearing a mask and spoke politely. They carried out the work quickly and efficiently. ( 4 vent tiles and felt support trays) They removed all rubble from the site leaving it tidy. Would recommend them and we will be using them in the future if needed.
Good work , good price , Steve and Rich were really kind and helpful
Very quick response. All ridge tiles replaced quickly and at a good cost too!
Very quick response and visit to determine problems. We feel that they give a fair and professional review of what is needed for roofing problems. We have used them several times and have been pleased with the work carried out. Thank you B&S
B & S Roofing is rated 4.90 based on 156 reviews