YTA Training and Assessment Ltd Reviews

of reviewers recommend YTA Training and Assessment Ltd
Read YTA Training and Assessment Ltd Reviews

About YTA Training and Assessment Ltd:

Construction training courses and NVQ assessments. Plumbing, Tiling, Carpentry, Joinery, Kitchen Fitting, Plastering, Electrics and Bricklaying.

info@ytatraining.com

YTA Training and Assessment Ltd 5 star review on 26th July 2021
Simeon Andonov
YTA Training and Assessment Ltd 5 star review on 30th May 2021
Jordan Parks
I'm a female property investor constantly forking out for small plumbing repairs - so wanted to learn to do it myself. It makes financial sense to pay someone to do the work for me. However - because I need to turn up at a property when there is an issue - it makes sense I fix it while I'm there because most times it will be something very simple (but I didn't know how to fix these issues.... Until now!) I was worried about being the only girl, but felt instantly relaxed. Lyndon was a great teacher and good laugh. On the 5 day intensive plumbing course I learned how to fit pipes using soldering and compression fittings, plumb a full bathroom (fitting the pipes through the entire bathroom, plumbing in all taps, putting the toilet together etc), fit radiators, fit a kitchen sink with plumbing (including T-ing off for a washing machine and an outside tap). I've learned a few jobs tradesmen have done for me were nonsense - so now I'm much wiser to what is required (and can do it myself). The biggest surprise was how easy repairing a toilet is. Parts are usually around £10 (£20 max) and they screw in so why waste money having someone come fix it? As soon as I got home I fixed a few issues that had been bugging me for months. I may return to do joinery or learn to fit worktops next. Thanks YTA!
(Bradford) -
Many thanks for a lovely review Katy, We are glad you enjoyed the plumbing course and already put your skills to good use round your home. Looks like we may see you on the carpentry & joinery course too!
I recently completed the 10 day tiling course and found it to be exactly what I wanted. There’s no full or padding as Garry gets stuck straight in and tries to pass on his 37 years experience. I don’t come from a trade, I want to do my mums kitchen and bathroom and it’s cheaper for me to do the course than pay a tradesman. I’ll also do things for family and friends. I did previously tackle my mums bathroom floor before this course and the results aren’t the best, now I feel I can tackle it head on and get it done looking how it should, that’s how much of a difference the course makes. There’s only so much you can learn from YouTube, and with Garry on hand to guide you while you work makes a massive difference. They also have a nice line in biscuits too Thanks Garry and YTA!
I been at YTA for the second time to complete a EWPA plastering with Dave Hill. I had the same experience as first time, friendly and supportive people. Again, I been very stressed, but Dave helped me to remain focused and made me concentrate on my exam ,which I have passed successfully. Thanks Dave, thanks YTA.
I have just completed the 5-day kitchen-fitting course. I have spent my life (nearly 50 years - ahem!) avoiding any practical activity needing manual dexterity so it’s safe to say I had no prior knowledge - in fact, I’d probably used a drill once in my life before. Wow! Hand me those tools; I can do this, now! Lawrence is the tutor and what he doesn’t know about joinery and building isn’t worth knowing. He made sure I got plenty of practice with measuring up, levelling out, routing, cutting, drilling - the lot. My confidence using tools is so much greater than I thought it ever would be and I’ve learned so many trade tips about how to do certain tasks; I still think finishing the edging strips is some kind of dark magic (even though I can do it myself, now). I cannot recommend this course highly enough for people who, yes, want to learn kitchen-fitting but also just want to gain confidence using equipment and DIY knowledge. It is a really friendly environment with ‘old skool’ tunes to boogie/sing along with while you work and an endless supply of tea, coffee and choccy biccies - what’s not to love?
YTA Training and Assessment Ltd 5 star review on 19th November 2021
I have recently been on a kitchen fitting course with YTA , I was trained by Mr Lawrence Booth very nice man and awesome trainer, also great team at YTA across all departments very friendly staff , I really enjoyed everyday and I’m thinking of taking other courses with YTA , thank you Lawrence . ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Fantastic instructors and a friendly environment. As a DIYer with very little personal experience I did the intensive 5 day plumbing course and now feel so much more confident about tackling problems in my house.
I’ve just done the 5 day plastering course learnt so much enjoyed every minute of it. Dave was always there to help and give advise (thanks) 👍all the lads were spot on thanks again …. Definitely recommend great course.
1st class training fantastic instructors would highly recommend these courses to anyone
Top marks to everyone at YTA! I attended a weeks plumbing followed by a tiling course recently. On both occasions courses were highly valuable experience, presented professionally with a enfecis with hands on, practical approach. Upon completion I gained necessary knowledge and skills in plumbing and tiling fields. Most importantly it boosted my confidence of going self employed. Tutors were very knowledgeable in their fields with bags of real life experience. Highly recommend this training centre and look forward to returning for more training.
YTA Training and Assessment Ltd 5 star review on 28th September 2021 YTA Training and Assessment Ltd 5 star review on 28th September 2021 YTA Training and Assessment Ltd 5 star review on 28th September 2021 YTA Training and Assessment Ltd 5 star review on 28th September 2021
Wow! This course was brilliant. The five day course gave me the knowledge and skills to plumb in a bathroom, kitchen sink, radiators and waste pipes. You learn to solder and learn about different types of connections. I chose the two week course, with the second week allowing me to consolidate my learning and learn about central heating system. feel confident that I can take on my own home improvements and possibly more! Paul is a great teacher - a master of knowledge! Tip: take a note book! The whole experience was great, meeting other people on the course and those doing other courses. Great value for money. All the trainers are great.....I'll be back!
I done the 10 day level one tiling course and was very helpful it showed me everything I needed to no and more my tutor was garry what a top man he is very helpful,all the guys are friendly
YTA Training and Assessment Ltd 5 star review on 24th September 2021
I did the ten-day carpentry course and it was fun and useful. The tutor, Lawrence, was very experienced and knowledgeable. Friendly and approachable, he gave clear demonstrations and explanations and put everyone at ease with a good sense of humour. I learned several useful skills that I can use around the house and elsewhere, for example building a stud wall, hanging a door and fitting door furniture. I also got plenty of practice making various kinds of cuts and joints. The centre as a whole comes across as very well organized, allowing students to get the most of the time available. I highly recommend YTA.
I did the kitchen fitting course with YTA Training. It was a 1-to-1 course so the trainer Lawrence was able to give me a lot of his time and a lot of pointers. I felt that I was really able to benefit from his many years as a builder as he taught me to a really high standard. It wasn't about just knocking a kitchen up but getting it perfect as if I were doing it for a client. He also allowed me to go at my own pace meaning that I was able to finish slightly earlier on Friday rather than just trying to fill out the time. I really appreciated this as I am not a local and had come up from London for the course so it meant that I could head home earlier if I wanted to.
Did a 10day plastering course would highly recommend. Never plastered before but was plastering on my 2nd day. My tutor dave and the other tutors were absolutely brilliant made you feel welcome from day 1,
Excellent- taught by professionals in a friendly environment-
It's an excellent course to improve your skills they tell you what you need to know thanks to everyone at yta training
All the tutors are excellent very helpful and patient, Paul the plumbing tutor you are a star thank you for all your help.
Completed the 10 day plastering course, absolutely spot on covered all aspects that you could possibly ever need. Dave is mint and very knowledgeable, the centre is great with all staff very helpful and friendly. I have recommended YTA to many people already.
The carpentry course was well structured, informative and hands on. The instructor was patient and extremely knowledgeable. Can't recommend enough for anyone wanting to learn the basics of wood work.
First class training and facilities. Instructors have a wealth of knowledge and handy tips.you will leave the course like myself -more than confident to put your learning into practice
Recently did the 3 day tiling course with Garry and it was brilliant. Going into the course I'd never picked up a trowel before, now I feel confident tiling a bathroom. It's a very welcoming environment where their main aim is to give you practical experience, not waste time learning the theory behind everything. Garry took the time to explain everything to us, but also let us learn by making mistakes. Having been a plumber for 30+ years, he was able to give some hints and tips that I can take forward and use in my job. I'll almost definitely be going back at some point to learn more complicated tiling, might even sign up for the plastering course while I'm there.
YTA Training and Assessment Ltd is rated 4.94 based on 368 reviews