YTA Training and Assessment Ltd Reviews

100% of reviewers recommend YTA Training and Assessment Ltd

About YTA Training and Assessment Ltd: Construction training courses and NVQ assessments. Plumbing, Tiling, Carpentry, Joinery, Kitchen Fitting, Plastering and Bricklaying.

info@ytatraining.com

Unit 12a Factory Street, Dudley Hill

Tell us how YTA Training and Assessment Ltd made you happy

Mohammad Abusbeih
"Excellent trainers I would advise anyone to take courses with this training center nice people who are there to help and I thank them all from my heart .thank you guys"
Mark Readymartcher
"If you are a property developer or looking for a new skill this place is 5 stars. I searched the UK for somewhere that could do courses to help me with my property developing and found YTA. I looked at the reviews on here and FB and took the leap...so glad I did!! I'm 45 and having previously worked in offices and no real experience with plumbing or kitchen fitting both these courses were great! The tutors are all time served professionals, friendly, down to earth and you can tell they really enjoy teaching the trade. The 10 day plumbing course has given my a level of confidence to tackle fitting a bathroom suite, fit and fix radiators and plumb a kitchen. I know how to fix and bend pipes using different methods, understand how a heating system works for both heating and water supply's, and how waste pipes work all the way to the drains. The 5 day kitchen fitting course was insightful and I feel confident to fit the basic kitchen units correctly. I now know how to use a router correctly and cut worktops to fit using male and female joints, and cut out the cooker and sink areas. You also get advice and tips on how to overcome obstacles. I can't thank these guys enough and having booked 3 weeks worth of courses I got a free week to choose an additional course. I will be back there very soon"
Kieran McGrath
"Great people, make you feel welcomed and they know what they are doing great set of lads will advise you to go to YTA have a pack on Buenos with you they all love them"
Featured Review
This review is set as featured by the company.
"I'm a female property investor constantly forking out for small plumbing repairs - so wanted to learn to do it myself. It makes financial sense to pay someone to do the work for me. However - because I need to turn up at a property when there is an issue - it makes sense I fix it while I'm there because most times it will be something very simple (but I didn't know how to fix these issues.... Until now!) I was worried about being the only girl, but felt instantly relaxed. Lyndon was a great teacher and good laugh. On the 5 day intensive plumbing course I learned how to fit pipes using soldering and compression fittings, plumb a full bathroom (fitting the pipes through the entire bathroom, plumbing in all taps, putting the toilet together etc), fit radiators, fit a kitchen sink with plumbing (including T-ing off for a washing machine and an outside tap). I've learned a few jobs tradesmen have done for me were nonsense - so now I'm much wiser to what is required (and can do it myself). The biggest surprise was how easy repairing a toilet is. Parts are usually around £10 (£20 max) and they screw in so why waste money having someone come fix it? As soon as I got home I fixed a few issues that had been bugging me for months. I may return to do joinery or learn to fit worktops next. Thanks YTA!"
Many thanks for a lovely review Katy, We are glad you enjoyed the plumbing course and already put your skills to good use round your home. Looks like we may see you on the carpentry & joinery course too!
"Hi All. After many years of carpentery I decided to update my c.v with a NVQ. It is at that point I realised my struggle with dyslexcia. I plucked the courage to call the first company I saw online. And what an important call it was. From the very moment I called YTA and explained my condition to the guys on the office. It wasn't any trouble what so ever to accommodate myself. Firstly Graham. Books you in. Prior to attending Mark calls you. On that call it's all about the task. Relax! It's easy. With years of skill you will think it's a doddle trust me! Mark is the examiner on the day of the test but to be fair you will already know him. This is due to him going threw everything on the calls leading up to the test day. You will then receive a plan in the post which is what you'll build on the day. In the plan pack will be some questions. Again if in doubt just call The office or Mark. Couldn't be simpler! On the day. Nerves flowing arrive at the centre nice and early. Booom! Cuppa tea and and choccie bickies. It really wasn't was I was expecting. Mark on the day was absolutely outstanding. (Thanks Mark) Graham in the office. Mr cool! Was just so erm? Cool an that. All my materials all there waiting for me to drink me tea. Stand by GO. Nice clean workspace was provided all good timber. Remember I am dyslexic. Always someone walking around to ask if I was on any doubt at all. I was even asked did I require a blue overlay to read a little easier. They had also had my plans blown up to a bigger size for me. I really couldn't say it more clearer. Go see the staff at YTA for all your trades certs. I promise you for my experience they have all been truly amazing. A massive massive thanks to Mark Dale and Graham for all your help throughout every step of my journey. Ps. Booooom cert arrived."
"I found the intensive 5 day plumbing course excellent. Lyndon gave great instruction with just the right level of input allowing us to go away and figure things out ourselves but always on hand to support when we got a bit stuck. I felt very confident at the end of the course that I can tackle small plumbing jobs at home and on my rental properties, and have already put my new skills to the test!"
"Great value learned a large amount in only a week lyndon broke everything down into simple steps"
"Absolute pleasure to work with. I have sat the full 10 day tiling course follows by a 5day plumbing course and also a 5 day plastering course. The tutors are all down to earth and easy to get along with, they make sure to keep assisting if and when required, the skills you'll learn are more than just basic necessities but more so the skills, tips and tricks that only years of experience can bring. Everyone is more than welcome to explain queries in depth. I'm more than looking forward to return and complete the kitchen fitting course next. Can not recommended YTA as a whole enough!!"
"Great course content. Great instructors. Nice relaxed learning environment. Lyndon, my instructor, pushed me enough to challenge me but not too much as to overwhelm me. I feel confident I can put into practice what I was taught. Would recommend this training centre to anyone I know. Thoroughly enjoyed my time here."
"The training far exceeded my best expectations. I feel able to take on work in the real world safe in the knowledge that I have been given a sound, hands on grounding. The approach used by the staff is one of realism and draws from a body of experience gained over decades. I cannot thank the guys enough for everything. I may well be back for more in the future."
"I did the 5 day plumbing course which l believe is beneficial to anyone who wants to improve their skills & knowledge in domestic plumbing. The teachers are brilliant and I'm going back to try some other courses"
"Brilliant! I did the 5 day plumbing course, it was great fun and so informative! Lyndon was a great teacher but all the guys are dead friendly and helpful too. Had a fab group to work with, so it was really relaxed and helpful to work things out together and look at each other’s work. I now feel confident to do things around my house and I can’t wait to start in properties too! Highly recommend doing a course with YTA! I can’t wait to get another one booked!"
"5 Day Intense Plumbing Course - Awesome, its as simple as that. Excellent trainer (Lyndon), excellent course content, having never plumbed before, the course gave you the confidence and skills to achieve amazing results. Great group of student from a variety of backgrounds. Simple, if you don`t do it, you will never know what you are missing. Keep up the great work YTA"
"Positive The trainers there are friendly, knowledgeable and very down to earth. Environment and facilities there are in keeping with a real work environment. I was more than happy with what I learnt. Negative We are there for a short course and the staff should operate a slightly more disciplined approach to student time keeping, start and end times. This really needs to be like a week at work so you wouldn’t be half hour late so rest of the group has to wait for one or two individuals before the class can start. It’s losing the rest valuable learning time. This is really important for students to be respectful of others times."
"Great team.. Very informative and engaging courses"
"Did the 1 day plumbing taster as I'd never done plumbing before and wanted to know how to fix leaks and tackle basic problems around the house without calling and paying for a plumber. The guys at YTA were very friendly and got us working with materials straight away. Lyndon was a great and patient instructor throughout and made sure to tailor the exercises to ensure they were relevant to what I wanted and that I got the most out of my day with them. Would definetley reccomend for anyone wanting to improve their DIY skills."
"I have now completed the Kitchen fitting 5 day course. Followed by the 5 day tiling and 5 day plumbing course. All I can say is these courses are perfect for any person wanting to acquire great beginner knowledge in these trades. I booked these courses so I could undertake some work on my own property. My new kitchen and new bathroom speaks for itself. Took a little longer to undertake these jobs as I was doing the jobs for the first time and working around my current job, But the money I saved (easily a few thousand £££) more than makes it worth it. Anyone looking to get started in these trades. either for your own DIY work or to even start a career. This is the place to go. The tutors are all really helpful. Even once I finished the course, I still contacted them for more advice and help on ideas. Top quality courses Graham and the tutors provide. more than happy to recommend to everyone."
"Finally decided to get some basic plumbing training after an enforced career change following redundancy in computing. Course was excellent, providing the basics needed to start work as a plumber. Plenty of practical work mixed with some theory and lots of good advice. I have just sent out my first invoice. I plan to do some further training in the new year and will definitely be visiting YTA to do them."
"I attended the one week plumbing course a couple of weeks ago and it provided me with all the knowledge I’d hoped for. Lyndon the instructor had a vast knowledge from his 30+ years experience and he past this on to us in a very easy and relaxed way. He had plenty of time to spend with each of us (only 3 including me) which allowed us to gain more knowledge than you might in a larger group. I have put this knowledge to good use and already made back the money I spent on the course. I can’t recommend this course enough, anyone considering getting in to any trade should contact YTA without delay."
"The 5 day plumbing course was a very good course. Lots of practical tasks and all the staff are very approachable and will help you out with any issues that they can help you with."
"I did the 5 day level 1 plumbing course, i've been in the building industry for over 30 years and never wanted to tackle anything that involved water.I did the course purely so I could carry out jobs and repairs at home. it was a great week, Lyndon was a great tutor and there was a great group of lads on the course.I learnt loads and really enjoyed the hands on practical work, you had all the tools, equipment and materials to carry out every job that was set out. The course gave me the skills and confidence to carry out a handful of jobs that I had at home which I started the saturday after the course.All jobs done brilliantly so I'm really happy with what I've learned . I will be undertaking another course next year"
YTA Training and Assessment Ltd is rated 4.95 based on 246 reviews