YTA Training and Assessment Ltd Reviews

4.9
Based on 380 reviews
Read YTA Training and Assessment Ltd Reviews

About YTA Training and Assessment Ltd:

Construction training courses and NVQ assessments. Plumbing, Tiling, Carpentry, Joinery, Kitchen Fitting, Plastering, Electrics and Bricklaying.

info@ytatraining.com

YTA Training and Assessment Ltd 5 star review on 19th November 2021
Linda Hustler
YTA Training and Assessment Ltd 5 star review on 28th September 2021
Kristaps Nogins
I'm a female property investor constantly forking out for small plumbing repairs - so wanted to learn to do it myself. It makes financial sense to pay someone to do the work for me. However - because I need to turn up at a property when there is an issue - it makes sense I fix it while I'm there because most times it will be something very simple (but I didn't know how to fix these issues.... Until now!) I was worried about being the only girl, but felt instantly relaxed. Lyndon was a great teacher and good laugh. On the 5 day intensive plumbing course I learned how to fit pipes using soldering and compression fittings, plumb a full bathroom (fitting the pipes through the entire bathroom, plumbing in all taps, putting the toilet together etc), fit radiators, fit a kitchen sink with plumbing (including T-ing off for a washing machine and an outside tap). I've learned a few jobs tradesmen have done for me were nonsense - so now I'm much wiser to what is required (and can do it myself). The biggest surprise was how easy repairing a toilet is. Parts are usually around £10 (£20 max) and they screw in so why waste money having someone come fix it? As soon as I got home I fixed a few issues that had been bugging me for months. I may return to do joinery or learn to fit worktops next. Thanks YTA!
(Bradford) -
Many thanks for a lovely review Katy, We are glad you enjoyed the plumbing course and already put your skills to good use round your home. Looks like we may see you on the carpentry & joinery course too!
Done it in January, Plumbing. For this price I don’t think you can get better services and you can learn and achieve a lot. Paul, plumbing trainer, is an excellent guy, explaining everything on a different way. They can improve their centre by expanding to the real potential.
Would recommend YTA to anybody, i have loved doing my 10 day level 1 plumbing course, paul was a tutor, he is so laid back, he gives very clear instructions, and also checks in with you to make sure you actually understand everything, the environment round the centre is great, all other tutors doing other course would talk to you they are all very friendly and welcoming, there is a buzz round the centre. Hopefully will be back soon to build on my skills.
Learned alot about how to plaster. Was pleasantly surprised how good the results were as expected would have to go away and practice alot to get half decent results. Dave was excellent.
Did a 2 week joinery course which was good and intense, a lot to learn in just 10 days with all the tradiotnal hand tools and skills. My instructror laurance was very helpful, patient and very experienced. Keep up the good work
5 day plumbing course I enrolled on. The course was very intense. I quit on 3rd day. As a female, some of the tools that we had to use I didn’t use before so that was a difficult for me. I felt like some of the other students already had knowledge and experience and were a lot quicker than me in completing the tasks. I felt like I let the team down. I didn’t get the right support I felt and that’s why I quit. Staff were great and welcoming but when it came to teaching I was let down.
Paul the plumbing instructer was professional in his role, mindful of individuals' abilities, I'm 71 years of age and felt comfortable in the group whilst Paul took his time to explain to me time and again (memory not so good) what I needed to do. The other instructors for the various trades were equally polite and offered advice which was welcomed. Many thanks,John Sullivan
Fantastic training facility with a great atmosphere. The trainers are all very helpful. Garry the tiling tutor gave a great course and offered loads of tips and tricks of the trade from his wealth of experience. Would highly recommend.
Did the Plastering course, it was brilliant, wish I'd done it years ago. Dave was extremely helpful and gave us loads of great tips, both about techniques and running a business. Would thoroughly recommend the course and will be back later this year to do another course
Did the 5 day tiling course with Gary teaching. Brilliant explained everything in detail and shows us useful tips of the trade would strongly recommend
Just want to give Mark a massive thank you for all his help on my EWPA course to get my NVQ level 2 in Site carpentry. He was brilliant! Extremally helpful all the way through. From answering questions before and after my visit to YTA test center,to the day of the assessment itself. Nothing was too much bother in helping me understand what was required to achieve the qualification. On the day at YTA he even brought me a coffee every hour like clockwork. Legend of a man, couldn't have asked for anything more. 10/10 , would suggest YTA and Mark to anyone!
I have just completed the 10 day intensive tiling course with Garry as my tutor. Throughly enjoyed it from day 1 to day 10. I had never tiled before and I now feel confident to tile and tackle any project. Garry teaches you all the tricks of the trade and with his 37 years of experience there’s nothing he doesn’t know. 10/10 and money well spent. Cheers Garry and YTA!
YTA Training and Assessment Ltd 5 star review on 7th January 2022 YTA Training and Assessment Ltd 5 star review on 7th January 2022 YTA Training and Assessment Ltd 5 star review on 7th January 2022 YTA Training and Assessment Ltd 5 star review on 7th January 2022
I was looking for a new direction so came to YTA for a 5day kitchen fitting course. The trainer was brilliant and helped me all the way. I learnt everything I needed to learn and have since started my own business which is thankfully growing. Definitely recommend it to anyone looking for a change.
I recently completed the 10 day tiling course and found it to be exactly what I wanted. There’s no full or padding as Garry gets stuck straight in and tries to pass on his 37 years experience. I don’t come from a trade, I want to do my mums kitchen and bathroom and it’s cheaper for me to do the course than pay a tradesman. I’ll also do things for family and friends. I did previously tackle my mums bathroom floor before this course and the results aren’t the best, now I feel I can tackle it head on and get it done looking how it should, that’s how much of a difference the course makes. There’s only so much you can learn from YouTube, and with Garry on hand to guide you while you work makes a massive difference. They also have a nice line in biscuits too Thanks Garry and YTA!
YTA Training and Assessment Ltd 5 star review on 26th November 2021
I been at YTA for the second time to complete a EWPA plastering with Dave Hill. I had the same experience as first time, friendly and supportive people. Again, I been very stressed, but Dave helped me to remain focused and made me concentrate on my exam ,which I have passed successfully. Thanks Dave, thanks YTA.
I have just completed the 5-day kitchen-fitting course. I have spent my life (nearly 50 years - ahem!) avoiding any practical activity needing manual dexterity so it’s safe to say I had no prior knowledge - in fact, I’d probably used a drill once in my life before. Wow! Hand me those tools; I can do this, now! Lawrence is the tutor and what he doesn’t know about joinery and building isn’t worth knowing. He made sure I got plenty of practice with measuring up, levelling out, routing, cutting, drilling - the lot. My confidence using tools is so much greater than I thought it ever would be and I’ve learned so many trade tips about how to do certain tasks; I still think finishing the edging strips is some kind of dark magic (even though I can do it myself, now). I cannot recommend this course highly enough for people who, yes, want to learn kitchen-fitting but also just want to gain confidence using equipment and DIY knowledge. It is a really friendly environment with ‘old skool’ tunes to boogie/sing along with while you work and an endless supply of tea, coffee and choccy biccies - what’s not to love?
YTA Training and Assessment Ltd 5 star review on 19th November 2021
I have recently been on a kitchen fitting course with YTA , I was trained by Mr Lawrence Booth very nice man and awesome trainer, also great team at YTA across all departments very friendly staff , I really enjoyed everyday and I’m thinking of taking other courses with YTA , thank you Lawrence . ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Fantastic instructors and a friendly environment. As a DIYer with very little personal experience I did the intensive 5 day plumbing course and now feel so much more confident about tackling problems in my house.
I’ve just done the 5 day plastering course learnt so much enjoyed every minute of it. Dave was always there to help and give advise (thanks) 👍all the lads were spot on thanks again …. Definitely recommend great course.
1st class training fantastic instructors would highly recommend these courses to anyone
Top marks to everyone at YTA! I attended a weeks plumbing followed by a tiling course recently. On both occasions courses were highly valuable experience, presented professionally with a enfecis with hands on, practical approach. Upon completion I gained necessary knowledge and skills in plumbing and tiling fields. Most importantly it boosted my confidence of going self employed. Tutors were very knowledgeable in their fields with bags of real life experience. Highly recommend this training centre and look forward to returning for more training.
YTA Training and Assessment Ltd 5 star review on 28th September 2021 YTA Training and Assessment Ltd 5 star review on 28th September 2021 YTA Training and Assessment Ltd 5 star review on 28th September 2021 YTA Training and Assessment Ltd 5 star review on 28th September 2021
YTA Training and Assessment Ltd is rated 4.94 based on 380 reviews