YTA Training and Assessment Ltd Reviews

of reviewers recommend YTA Training and Assessment Ltd
Read YTA Training and Assessment Ltd Reviews

About YTA Training and Assessment Ltd:

Construction training courses and NVQ assessments. Plumbing, Tiling, Carpentry, Joinery, Kitchen Fitting, Plastering, Electrics and Bricklaying.

info@ytatraining.com

ytatraining
YTA Training and Assessment Ltd 5 star review on 25th March 2020
Darren Clarke
More Photos & Videos
I attended the one day plumbing overview course, wanting to learn how to solder and bend pipes and do the basics which have cost me lots of money over the years either waiting for a plumber to come or to agree a sensible price and then watching in amazement how simple it looked. The venue, tools and trainers was absolutely first rate. I was tested and encouraged to push my skills further by the trainer, Lyndon.
I hate to say it as it sounds really sad but I really enjoyed it and will be going back to do the 5 day brick laying course.
If you have any hesitations about attending any of the courses don't worry just make sure you DO take clothes you dont mind getting dirty.
Thanks YTA chaps for the great day!
Fantastic training, I did a days tiling course and it gives me confidence to do it myself at home.
I did 10 day citb 1 plastering course and was very happy with Dave and all the assessments! All the assessors were good crack and very friendly! Will defo be using YTA again in the future 👍
I thought the courses were all informative, appropriately placed and and that all information was clearly and successfully put across - including the input from Graham who I found to be somewhat dour and aloof. Almost five stars.
I'm not from the trade background but have always been interested in DIY and property renovation. I'd never attempted anything too large, but this was only due to the level of expertise and confidence I had.

I contacted YTA and was guided down the 4 week multi-skilled course covering Plumbing, Joinery, Plastering, and Tiling. This would pretty much provide me with the expertise and knowledge I would need to update my property and future investments down the line to a professional standard.

The four courses followed a strict structure, which is great, and the bays for each have been thoughtfully prepared for worst case scenarios, so you will leave knowing your can pretty much tackle any eventuality.

The four courses were superb. The plumbing course was very intensive, probably the most time sensitive one of the four for me. This was due to the amount of information and practical lessons to cover within the tight 5 days. But saying that I came away after the week knowing how to fit a full bathroom suite, a radiator system, kitchen sink and waste, working with copper, and plastic pipework, and fix any problems that may occur. Graham the instructor was on hand to provide guidance and information throughout, and even a few funny stories from his time within the industry.

Joinery and carpentry covered everything you would need from working with different hand tools. Say goodbye to electrical drills and saws for the first two days, this is about craft and using hand tools correctly and efficiently. This course is very relaxed, it's all about craft and perfection. The remainder of the week looked in stud wall development, door frame and door installation, along with skirting boards and working with awkward angles. Super course this one for anyone wanting to fine tune their chisel work and knowledge of hanging doors correctly and professionally. Lawrence the instructor was superb and his vast knowledge of the industry was priceless.

Plastering again was very well structured. The bays provided you with every surface you may face. And they are a good size. In all fairness this was the only one I wasn't looking forward to, and I will be honest I loved it. Yes you get dirty, but you come to accept this after day two. Dave the instructor was excellent, with his slow walk up and down the bays shouting 'Get it on lads' and keeping a close eye on you, correcting any techniques and problems you may face on the way. Super course for first timers and plasterers wanting to fine tune their skills.

Tiling was excellent. The bay you are given is a good size and covers a kitchen section with window and a bathroom section with shower. My advice to anyone taking a multi-skilled course is to attend the carpentry and joinery before your tiling one if possible. The crafting and precision sides of carpentry can be transferred onto the tiling side when you are working with and cutting tiles into awkward shapes and angles, and also the floor of doom which will test your cutting skills.

You will learn everything you need to know to professionally tile a kitchen and bathroom, and on the last day a floor. This course was again nicely structured, but can be time sensitive, so if you do like to take your time you may find yourself falling back a little which I did on a few occasions. The only downside to the course would be the time on the flooring. We only had a few hours but it would've been nice to spend a bit longer learning about this section as I did feel it was a bit rushed. If this is a section you would like to learn a bit more in-depth YTA do a two day tile flooring course and maybe more suited.

All in all if whether you're in the trade, or a passionate DIY-er wanting to learn how to do it right, then YTA is perfect.

I will be back to attend the kitchen fitting course later in the year.

Many thanks guys!
Great people at YTA. Graham has done fantastic to achieve this training school
YTA Training and Assessment Ltd 5 star review on 23rd July 2016
I recently attended a multi skills course (4 weeks) at YTA I did plastering , plumbing and tiling
The tutors were fantastic in explaining and demonstrating in what was required and gave loads of tips of the trade too,The facilities were great and all the tools were on hand,I would definately recommend doing your training at YTA to any one as I have now finished my course full of confidence in taking on any job in all the above I have been taught in the last month,
"What a great team at YTA"
Thank you all!!!
i recently attended a 5 day intensive wall and floor tiling course, and found that the course was very constructive and gave me further experience to progress within the course. The staff were very extremely helpful and made myself feel very at home, as i came from south wales nearly 5 hours away. I will be coming back in the next few weeks to do another 5day course of tiling as i really enjoyed and found it very beneficial for myself.
I gained my carpentry nvq here at the age of 46 You really want to get your certification from here they are very professional and have a easy atmosphere the tutors are very experienced give it ago
I attended a suite of YTA courses including Tiling, Carpentry, Plumbing, Plastering, Bricklaying and Kitchen Fitting. I was a novice, working in IT, with little more experience than the odd DIY job. I have used all the training as a landlord, renovating a few properties. I've installed 3 bathrooms (includes all appliances , tiling, and flooring), and I'm currently installing my 2nd kitchen (again involving plenty of plumbing, tiling, woodwork etc). As well as numerous other DIY tasks, around the place.
I understand this would be a small fortune to pay tradespeople to do. I've done it myself, thanks to skills and confidence developed as a result of attending YTA courses, instructed by the excellent tutors Lorry, Dave, and Graham. I also gained a great deal of knowledge surrounded by industry trades people, also cross-training across disciplines. A very helpful perspective.
I've plenty to learn in maintaining properties, but I think its helpful to get a good grounding in what is a multi-discipline/skill set of tasks.
Many thanks to tutors and course colleagues.I recommend to anyone who wants to have a go and do a good job, and some might say, professional.
YTA Training and Assessment Ltd 5 star review on 17th October 2019
The 5 day plumbing course was a very good course. Lots of practical tasks and all the staff are very approachable and will help you out with any issues that they can help you with.
I did the 5 day level 1 plumbing course, i've been in the building industry for over 30 years and never wanted to tackle anything that involved water.I did the course purely so I could carry out jobs and repairs at home.
it was a great week, Lyndon was a great tutor and there was a great group of lads on the course.I learnt loads and really enjoyed the hands on practical work, you had all the tools, equipment and materials to carry out every job that was set out.
The course gave me the skills and confidence to carry out a handful of jobs that I had at home which I started the saturday after the course.All jobs done brilliantly so I'm really happy with what I've learned .
I will be undertaking another course next year
I traveled from from London to view the centre and was so impressed by the set up and the work the students were undertaking I booked myself onto the 5 day plumbing course. The course was fantastic and exceeded my expectations so much that I then booked the second week plumbing course covering domestic hot water systems. Again the centre and staff were excellent and I then booked a third week to take advantage of their ‘4 for 3’ offer so I’ve now done the tiling and carpentry courses. All staff at Yta are so friendly and helpful and I will be recommending the courses to all my friends and family. I will definitely be returning to book more courses and that seemed to be the thinking of other students also. Fantastic training centre! I wish there was an option for more than 5 stars! They deserve it.
Just finished a plumbing course and am very happy!
Excellent staff and training would recommend to anyone and everyone so glad I took this opportunity thanks to the brilliant staff that work there and I will definitely be back again
The course is beneficial to anyone who wants to improve their skills and knowledge in domestic plumbing.l am 66with no experience of plumbing and went home, installed a new toilet and repaired a seized up tap in my son's home.The teacher explained and demonstrated very well and I would recommend this course 🤠 Matt Riley
I would highly recommend the courses at YTA training. I did the plumbing course and it was brilliant. I also had a look round at what the others were getting upto and all looked really impressive. The other lads said how good their courses were. I will return back to do other courses as you learn so much and it’s all hands on ( no classroom work ). As well as learning lots, it was a good laugh. Don’t hesitate to give Lyndon and the others some banter!! They love it.

Thanks Lyndon for such a great week and teaching me so much in a week. I couldn’t of asked for anymore!! Top man and a pleasure to meet.

See you again soon guys
I attended the course as a novice, now I feel confident to tackle most plumbing jobs. The course is very relaxed and well presented. There are no restrictions on supplies if you make a mistake go and help yourself to the pipe and connectors. They do not try and sell any tools but will advise on the best tools to buy. I received my certificate at the end of the course and the offer of any phone advise should I need any help on a job, what more do you want. Excellent.
I recently attended to undertake a experienced worker practical assessment in site carpentry. The day was well organised and the training centre was fully equipped, I can not speak highly enough of mark , the NVQ assessor he was friendly and professional and made the whole day go with out a hitch. I would definitely recommend them to anyone and if I need any further training I would not hesitate in contacting them for advice .

Many thanks
Richard Morgan
Excellent training and trainers, I learnt a lot doing the tiling, carpentry, plumbing and brick laying courses.
YTA Training and Assessment Ltd is rated 4.95 based on 293 reviews