Gravel Master Ltd Reviews

of reviewers recommend Gravel Master Ltd
Given the option to choose the day of delivery for an 850Kg bag of slate chippings I opted for Friday 7th August, which would enable me to get the job done over the weekend before my other deliveries arrived from elsewhere the following week. It failed to arrive. At 5.30pm a telephone call to them resulted in a recorded message telling me they were closed for the weekend, contrary to their website indicating saturday/sunday opening hours. Being unable to accept delivery the following week I sent an email requesting cancellation and a full refund. I had not received any contact informing me of dispatch so am entitled to do so. A further telephone call to them Monday morning was frustrating, waiting 20 minutes for the call to be answered and then put on hold. I was eventually told cancellation would incur a £50 penalty, deductable from my refund of £130. As i had not been informed of dispatch there is no need to enforce a penalty. All she kept saying was... it has been dispatched and therefore incurs a penalty, but could offer no proof. She also told me all emails were automated and could find my email in their system but could offer no explanation as to why there was no confirmation of dispatch email from them. I used their tracking facility to find the consignment number and courier. The courier then informed me there was no such item with them, meaning my order had not been dispatched at all. The phone call to gravel master was fruitless and they refused to budge. In order to register a complaint I was told to email customer services, which I did. Two hours after sending my email of complaint on the morning of Monday 10th - which included me telling them I had no record of any dispatch - I finally received an email telling me my order had been dispatched. Do they really think I am that stupid? This complaint resulted in an email from them to say they were recalling the order and offering a full refund, but this didn't happen. While away from home on Wednesday 12th I received an email telling me the 850Kg bag of slate had been delivered. I returned home to find it blocking my drive and preventing access. Now I wait for them to remove it. Customer service is a joke. There are hundreds of bad reviews around the internet for this company, I wish I'd read them before ordering. This company has the same address as Aggregates R Us, the directors of which are the same ones listed for gravel master. I won't be using that company either.
Update Friday 14th August: Yesterday I was put on hold for over an hour before someone could tell me they would come that day (Thursday 13th) and remove the bag of slate blocking my drive. That didn't happen either. Another phone call today with similar results: Friday 14th put on hold for over an hour before someone eventually offered yet another empty apology and said it would be removed today. Let's see.
Avoid this company!!

Ordered 1 Ton bag over. Month ago, I have been given 2 delivery dates but my order has not arrived..

No communication,
Poor customer service,

After many emails and no reply and trying for weeks to call and speak to someone for an update I finally got through this morning and I am now told after 6 weeks they do not have stock and I will get a refund in 14 days !!
Perfect. Arrived on time.Brilliant service.would definitely recommend 👌
Really great service
Worst experience ever! They don't deliver what you have ordered and paid for. Impossible to contact them, as only automated emails and nobody answer phone calls. They gives delivery dates from the start which isn't true. When Day arrive, and you look at the tracking, it says further ahead. And this just go on and on.
All in all nothing better than a scam company, which we now have reported to several instances.
Awful experience! Avoid Avoid Avoid!!! Ordered bulk bag of pebbles on 29th May and was given Friday 12th June as the earliest date of delivery. A little frustrating but accepted it was a difficult time and wasn’t in any real hurry and so proceeded anyway. Got an email immediately after saying the order and date were confirmed and so thought all was ok. Emailed the company as the 12th approached to check everything was ok (Phone lines were not being answered) as hadn’t had any further communication from them and no reply, the 12th came round and still couldn’t get hold of gravel master and so called the delivery company who confirmed they hadn’t received the items from gravel master to deliver. Finally managed to get hold of them on the 15th and they said it would be another few weeks before we received the item and so asked for it to be cancelled and a refund processed, received an email to confirm this and so thought my dealings with them were done...
Tuesday 23rd June and a lorry turns up trying to deliver the pebbles! Had already placed a new order with a different company on the 15th that were delivered on the 17th and so we sent the driver away. Spent nearly 2 hours to try and get through to customer services to be told that the refund still hadn’t been processed and so I guess the order was never cancelled. I’m still awaiting the refund but would definitely not deal with this company ever again!
Awful company, been ripped off and LIED too. Fed up tried everything to contact them but its impossible. Happily still taking orders off poor unsuspecting customers shame on the lot of you
I placed an order on the 26th April 2020, so far all I have received are automated emails, empty promises and lies!
If you are considering doing business with this company then hang onto your money like they’ve hung onto mine!
They keep your money and their product. Should be pursued by Trading Standards. Not worth a personal civil case, but avoid at all costs! Zero stars!!!
Awful. £267 worth of stones ordered and never arrived.
HORRENDOUS company please please avoid at all costs. Ridiculous what they are getting away with. Shame on the bloody lot of them. Using coronavirus to rob people blind. Disgusting
HORRENDOUS company avoid at all cost. Hundreds like myself have been lied too and ripped off, using coronavirus as an excuse to make thousands off innocent customers. Bloody shame on them.
Awful service. Scam company. They take your money and you don't get your order. No customer service. Most disgusting we ever have dealt with
Driver Dave was a fantastic credit. Used the electric pump truck to perfection
Fantastic service deliveries and chippings was spot on
Gravel Master Ltd is rated 2.07 based on 15 reviews