Winston Solicitors LLP Reviews

99% of reviewers recommend Winston Solicitors LLP

About Winston Solicitors LLP: Winston Solicitors LLP provide a complete range of legal services for individuals and business. Our experienced legal team deliver high quality legal advice with core values of integrity and customer care.

info@winstonsolicitors.co.uk

112 Street Lane
Roundhay

Tell us how Winston Solicitors LLP made you happy

customer service
"I chose Winston Solicitors for my conveyancing, based on good reviews. I cannot say that they are the worst, but overall I was not happy with their service, and I cannot give them more than 1 star, because of all the stress caused. Last year in November I rang their office to get some additional information so I can get ready with the paper work I need to my conveyancing and I got through a receptionist that was rude and unhelpful. I left a bad review on google based on this experience and I was rang back by Leasa Foster, as she wanted to find out what happened. She has people skills and showed genuine feelings for the way I felt, therefore I decided to go with them in the end. The selling process took longer than normal, and midway through the process Leasa asked me if I can remove the bad review I left on Google. Honestly, I don’t think this was the right thing to do. First of all, it was midway through the process, so you don’t leave reviews midway. You wait until de end and then leave a review. This situation is very similar the waiter in a restaurant asking his customer for a tip midway through his lunch. The customer leaves the tip at the end of the meal, right? Same here, the reviews need to be placed, or removed when the service has been completed. Secondly, I would have removed the bad review by myself anyway, if everything went well until the end. And thirdly, any genuine company, would not ask for the reviews to be deleted. Potential customers need to know the good points and the bad points of a Company. I work for O2 customer services and I know very well what it means to work with customers and we cannot remove our reviews, if we don’t like them, and even if the customer is not right….I was unhappy with the service because they say their conveyancing is a fixed price, but if you decide to pull out of the sale, their conveyancing will not be a fixed price anymore, they will give you a price based on the amount of work they have done for you until that point. I was sent out some letters through the post in regards to an important matter of the house and legal documents, but the information I was provided with, was incomplete, inaccurate and therefore misleading. They have not pointed out to me, crucial information that could have changed my decision to buy the house. I had to find out by myself, via google. I had to carry out my own investigation. Therefore I find them not to be transparent. If I was to choose again my conveyancer, I would now choose a no sale, no fee conveyancer, and not one based on good reviews. If my conveyancer does not do the job right, then I can pull out and they don’t get paid, simple as. At the same time this crucial information could have been released much earlier in the process, which wasn’t. When I asked why this wasn’t done earlier, they found an excuse that it was because they placed my application on hold for me not to incur additional cost. No, it was actually 3 weeks before they placed my application on hold, when this important document could have been released. End even so, if they state they have a fixed fee, then each step of the process would have the same charge, even if a step takes longer to complete. When I complained about the service offered by Leasa, my case was passed to her supervisor Jeremy Conway. I was never told that from that point going forward my case will be dealt by Jeremy. Whenever I was asking for Leasa, she was always busy and not available to take my call, and was Jeremy the one getting back to me. It would have been nice for them to communicate that my case was passed from Leasa to Jeremy. Also they said to me that if the seller does not provide vacant possession, the seller would be in breach of contract, so I thought that I am covered and they could do something if that was the case. It did happen for the seller to leave unwanted big items at the property, and the seller has gone to ground, and my conveyancer could do anything, to make the seller remove his items. It would have helped, if they could have told me to check if no rubbish was left at the property, even before exchange date. No one was living there, so no reason to have any items left in the house. At the same time, when Jeremy made a mistake, he has not admitted it and has defended his part. I hope this can be fed back to Leasa Foster and Jeremy Conway, and please don’t ring me in regards to this, because we are going to be going round in circle. Only if someone above Jeremy, maybe Jonathan Winston wishes to ring me, then I am happy to discuss. I have already put my complaint across to Jeremy Conway, but he has not dealt with my complaint in a satisfactory way. I would have normally escalated this further, but I just cannot be bothered to put up with the hassle of going through the complaints process."
Hello Claudia,
I am so sorry that you have been unhappy with certain aspects of the service my firm has provided to you. Service is genuinely at the forefront of our training and philosophy. I acknowledge no person or business is perfect, all we can strive to do is constantly improve. Your feedback will of course be fed-back and learnt from.
Thank you for indicating that you are happy for a call from me.
Kind regards
Jonathan Winston
"I felt that Paul Grindley was more interested in when and who would be paying for his service. He constantly gave advice that he later retracted or completely forgot the day after. Communication with him via email or phone lacked basic manners or etiquette."
Winston Solicitors LLP is rated 4.89 based on 923 reviews