Wayfairer Travel Reviews

100% of reviewers recommend Wayfairer Travel

About Wayfairer Travel: Specialists in tailor-made luxury holidays to Africa & Asia

enquiries@wayfairertravel.com

36 King Street, Bristol, BS1 4DZ

How would you rate Wayfairer Travel ?

Verified Buyer
"I went on a wonderful, custom tailored trip to Thailand in March 2018. I searched for a long while until I found Wayfairer, and I'm so glad I found them. My main contact was Thea, and she was really helpful. She herself had recently traveled to Thailand, so she had great recommendations to help customize my trip. She was really communicative- we used Whats app mostly, which was helpful given our 8 hour time difference (I live in Los Angeles). We built a wonderful trip that had a little bit of everything- adventure, pampering, cultural exchanges, history, beautiful nature, shopping, and of course night markets! My local tour guides- Pong Sin and Pranee- were really great as well, and made sure I had a good time. The pace of my 3 week trip was good too. My one suggestion would be to make sure you have the name, local phone number, and email address of the local Wayfairer representative, and communicate with them before you arrive. One of my drivers was not there to pick me up in the airport and I'm glad I had her contact info and a phone that could call her. I had a few other minor snafus but Wayfairer was really good in helping me resolve them. Overall, I would highly recommend using Wayfairer to custom tailor your unforgettable trip!"
Verified Buyer
"Wayfairer were fantastic to work with for our holiday to Thailand. Harry was attentive an d very patient & I felt like he really listened to what we wanted from our holiday. We had a fantastic time & would highly recommend Wayfairer."
Verified Buyer
"My experience with Wayfairer was extremely positive. The professionalism and service exceeded my expectations. Thea was always there when i needed her or if i had any questions. I could count on her for a prompt reply, and she worked tirelesly to find solitions to my every need right down to the last minute when I had an unexpected personal circumstance that affexted my travel plans. Thanks to her it all worked out. I will gladly use Wayfairer for my next adventure."
Ryan & Jana
Verified Buyer
"What an amazing experience it was to have Wayfairer handle our travel needs to Africa! Being our honeymoon, this was a special trip for my wife and I and we couldn't be happier with their service. Our specialist Leonie is a rock star and was there for us the entire trip with anything we needed. My wife left her phone at the lodge where we were staying and Leonie had someone waiting for us at the airport with it. Words can't describe how happy we are with making the decision to use this company. I highly recommend using them for any travel needs you have. Thank you again for everything!"
Faye Dimdore
Verified Buyer
"Harry at wayfairer patiently created an amazing holiday for myself and my daughter 15 meeting up with my older daughter in Thailand. We only had a week but managed three locations without feeling like we had overdone things; two nights whizzing round Bangkok, followed by kao Sok National park in the south. We loved staying in simple rain forest bungalow accommodation and the day spent boating walking and swimming in and around kao Sok Lake with its dramatic jungle covered peaks jutting out of the water. We also enjoyed some very special time with two retired female elephants next morning who seemed to relish their feeding and washing routine with visitors. Finally we stayed at an indulgent resort hotel in Phuket for a couple of days of being pampered by the pool and beach. Everything was taken care of in terms of transport from one location to the next so all the worry was taken away. We had a really memorable time celebrating my and my daughters birthdays in the jungle. Thankyou !!"
Nicola Rudall
Verified Buyer
"We booked our honeymoon to Tanzania with Wayfairer. Tom gave us excellent suggestions for accommodation and itinerary and organised it all, including transfers. It all went very smoothly and the trip was fabulous. We stayed at Lake Manze in the Selous game reserve, an open safari camp with very knowledgeable and helpful guides and managers, followed by all-inclusive at the Sea Cliff Resort in Zanzibar. The Sea Cliff was wonderfully relaxing and welcoming. Thanks to Tom for an incredible honeymoon experience. We would definitely use Wayfairer again and have already recommended to friends."
Julian Garbett
Verified Buyer
"Exception trip over 2 weeks across Northern India from Pakistan border to Myanmar Border. Organisation was exceptional from first meet and greet , all drives and guides were top class, hotels etc. A tough job for Wayfairer to organise this trip, but all undertaken and delivered with top class professionalism. I would highly recommend."
Susanna Perrucchini
Verified Buyer
"I really enjoyed our family tour to Thailand and all the hard working by the staff ( Thanks Harry ! Thanks everybody!) who put up together such a beautiful itinerary . I very much enjoyed our guide Nui and her placid , easy personality trying to explain her country in a funny , enjoyable way . I found her accesible, caring and sweet ( and with a nice sense of humor) . I particularly enjoyed the Cooking Class ( great team - husband&wife - and great food) . I will never forget the Tree House hotel in Chaing Mai ( fantastic in every possible way ) hotel in Chiang Mai."
"Tom organized a fantastic safari experience for us with Saruni Wild lodge in Masai Mara region. The Saruni lodges were spectacular! The Saruni Wild he recommended was beyond all our expectations in comfort, location, service. The people there were constantly friendly and fantastic hosts. We could not believe we had the whole place to ourselves! There are two more tents, but ours, the family tent, was the only one occupied, so we had the place to ourselves. The manager, Cecilia, hosted us for dinner the first night, answered all our questions, shared her stories. She is an amazing woman! The second night was not at Saruni Wild, though, because it rained so much they had to evacuate us for security to the other location, Saruni Mara, where they put us up in the family bungalow. Even though it was also fantastic and comfortable, with electricity and wifi, we missed the rugged exposure of the Wild camp. We are glad we got to see both, and we would definitely recommend Wild over Mara for future travelers, if they are OK not having electricity and wifi… it is just as comfortable, and the location is absolutely extraordinary, with wildlife grazing just outside your tent in the morning, with a shorter drive to get to places to watch more wildlife, and with spectacular sunsets sitting by the fire in the evening."
"The holiday to Cambodia was absolutely awesome. Entirely seamless from start to finish with the most incredible hotels. Thea was excellent and put together one of our best ever holidays! Was the first time I have used a travel company to book a trip and wish we had done it sooner."
"Everything what we wanted and hassle free"
Lisa Degiorgio
Verified Buyer
"An amazing experience.. We managed to see quite a lot considering we were only there for 2 weeks and wanted to laze on the beach for most of the holiday. Thea, our agent, was a star who put together a fantastic mix of historical sites, amazing jungle adventures plus the all important relaxing on the beach and soaking up the sun! We really felt very well taken care of throughout the whole trip, and we had to travel a fair bit!"
Catherine McKenna
Verified Buyer
"Excellent pre-travel guidance and advice and very accommodating and flexible when making holiday arrangements. Personal contact (Tom) available to advise and help in every way."
"Our trip to Vietnam in January 2018 went very well and we came home with many happy memories. The diversity in the choice of hotels was perfect, from the Essence Palace in the heart of Beer Street to the tranquility of the Aqua bungalow at Verdana. The staff, drivers and guides were wonderful and really looked after us, all going the extra mile to make our stay in their country special. One thing we did notice about the majority of the hotels was they were not honouring their "save the environment" policy and insisted on replacing towels on a daily basis. We loved the itinerary and staying the extra nights really allowed us to soak up the atmosphere, although we did feel we spent unnecessary time at airports with all the internal flights. On reflection we would probably have suggested a train journey from Hanoi to Hue to cut down on flights. Once again thanks very much Harry for putting our holiday together and making the trip a fabulous one."
Pam Bartrip
Verified Buyer
"Everything went smoothly. Transfers, car hire and accommodation. Places recommended were spot on, accommodation likewise."
Thanks for the great review Pam! I'm delighted that everything went so smoothly and that you enjoyed the locations and accommodation choices we recommended for you. Please don't hesitate to come back to us with your future holiday plans.

Chris Stow
Verified Buyer
"From the very beginning Wayfairer listened to everything we requested and acted accordingly. This meant that our holiday was a truly memorable event."
Derek Miller
Verified Buyer
"My wife and I have recently returned from a three and a half week tour of Cambodia and Vietnam arranged by Wayfairer. The variety of experience was wonderful, the hotels were excellent, the guides and drivers varied from very good to outstanding and the arrangements went like clockwork. A really memorable time which we both thought represented great value for money. Derek Miller"
Shirley Newman
Verified Buyer
"The total organisation of the holiday from the first email with Tom to the last plane home. Nothing was too much trouble leading up to and during the holiday. The staff and families we met were so lovely. Couldn't fault any of it."
Thank you so much for this great review Shirley. I'm thrilled that you and Robert had such a brilliant time and that this holiday lived up to everything you had hoped it would be.

Richard Smith
Verified Buyer
"After getting married in May 2017 we decided that we wanted to do something a little different for our honeymoon. We decided that we wanted to go on safari but also, if possible, have some time to relax as well. Since this was something a little out of the ordinary as it involves booking light aircraft etc we decided that we would utilise the expertise of a tour operator to book our Honeymoon. After discussing options with various we decided to go with Wayfairer Travel. Tom was extremely helpful in giving us advice and ideas for what would work best for our date requirements and budgets. We ended up staying for 3 nights on Safari at the Mivumo River Lodge in Selous followed by 4 nights at The Residence Zanzibar on Zanzibar island. I would recommend their service to anyone wanted to book a safari. We are very much grateful for all of Tom’s help to make our honeymoon something that will shall never forget."
Thank you so much for your fantastic review Richard. I'm thrilled that you had such a wonderful honeymoon and that you enjoyed our service. Hope to plan many more safaris together in the future.

Liz Treadway
Verified Buyer
"Harry organised our recent trip to Vietnam and Cambodia and having listened to our requirements he really came up with the goods....The accommodation was superb, the guides were wonderful and the itinerary perfect. I would certainly have no problems recommending Harry and the team at Wayfairer to anyone."
Thanks for the fantastic review Liz. I'm delighted you and Angie both had a fantastic time and look forward to helping you plan another holiday in the future. Harry
Wayfairer Travel is rated 4.95 based on 81 reviews