Wayfairer Travel Reviews

100% of reviewers recommend Wayfairer Travel

About Wayfairer Travel: Specialists in tailor-made luxury holidays to Africa & Asia

enquiries@wayfairertravel.com

36 King Street, Bristol, BS1 4DZ

How would you rate Wayfairer Travel?

We need a working email address to verify that your review is genuine.

Verified Buyer
"Three 60 year old siblings we were on an African adventure and our first holiday together for 42 years . We wanted to have fun, be looked enjoy fantastic wildlife and above all not worry about anything. What made all the difference was the attention to detail and the quality of all the personnel who took care of us from the personal guides at the airports, the exceptional drivers, safari guides and pilots who transferred us between lodges. We did not worry about a thing and had a trip of a lifetime. We would recommend Wayfairer travel for organising a superb holiday."
Verified Buyer
"I was pleased for several reasons. Tom was prompt in responding to my email inquiries. The trip he planned out was an exciting and wonderful adventure. The Masai people at the camp/tent were extremely polite, tolerate and very accommodating. The food was outstanding, the view was memorable and the tents were so cool, especially the showers. Our guide was adorable and the coordinator was very intelligent and knowledgeable. Saruni Wild was an ideal experience for me....it put me close to the natural world and yet it had the comforts of a modern life-style."
Verified Buyer
"This was a fantastic trip that went well beyond what we could have expected. All of us are well travelled' and can be demanding but we do also see the things that add value- upgrades, requests for the best guides and the small things that all add up to making something special."
Liz Treadway
Verified Buyer
"Harry organised our recent trip to Vietnam and Cambodia and having listened to our requirements he really came up with the goods....The accommodation was superb, the guides were wonderful and the itinerary perfect. I would certainly have no problems recommending Harry and the team at Wayfairer to anyone."
Katharine Lees - Jones
Verified Buyer
"Good personal service initially. The recommendations for the two Safari Lodges were spot-on. We were also pleased with Lux le Morne with one or two reservations. The organisation of all our transfers was excellent and we were happy with the standard of vehicle and the drivers at all times. Overall, the holiday was really enjoyable !"
Irina Shenkman
Verified Buyer
"My family and I have just returned from our 2 week trip to Thailand. We contacted a number of different agents, but Harry was the one who understood our needs and created an itinerary that worked well for all of us. We sent our ideas and preferences to Harry and the trip ticked all the boxes. We managed to visit many beautiful parts of this fascinating country and got some insight into Thai culture. Harry was very responsive throughout, flexible with any changes we wanted to make and made sure everything was running smoothly during our stay. I would recommend Wayfairer Travel without hesitation. Keep up the good work."
Thanks so much for the great review Irina, i'm glad we were able to give you a trip to remember! Look forward to hopefully welcoming yourself, Michael and the girls on another Wayfairer holiday in the future! All the best for 2018.

Harry
Thank you so much for your wonderful review and the glowing recommendation to others. We are delighted that the 3 of you had such a fantastic holiday together in South Africa. Please don't hesitate to come back to us again for any future holiday plans, hopefully it won't be 42 years until your next adventure together!

Tom
Kirsten Nielsen
Verified Buyer
"We couldn't be more happy with our experience with Tom at Wayfairer Travel! We knew we wanted our honeymoon to include a safari and emailed many travel companies to get a quote; Tom was the only one (out of many!) to take the time to ask us exactly what we wanted and what aspects were important to us. He was also very respectful of our budget and gave us some fantastic recommendations on how to organize our trip to get the most bang for our buck. The two places he picked for us (Basecamp Explorer and Waterlovers Beach Resort) were phenomenal; the service and experiences at both places were top notch. The entire process of organizing our trip and booking was seamless and easy, even with the time difference!"
Dick Green
Verified Buyer
"Every part of our adventure ran seamlessly and everyone who helped us on the trip was helpful, informed and generous , a fantastic holiday ."
"Wayfairer were absolutely fantastic throughout the whole process of booking our holiday. From the first contact with Tom we could tell that he was interested in making sure he really knew what we were looking for rather than just giving us a standard option from a brochure. We went through a number of ideas and Tom was always very helpful and patient while we were trying to decide which to choose and flexible in tweaking the itinerary for us. The holiday itself was incredible and we really think that we wouldn't have had the same experience if we'd not gone through Wayfairer. I would absolutely recommend Wayfairer for planning a holiday - the advice, recommendations and attention to detail are second to none."
"Holiday super in every way. Listened to what we were looking for, and delivered!! All flights, transfers etc arranged very well, holiday location in terms of both safari and hotel stay were perfect!! I really cannot find a single thing to complain about. And yes, we will most definitely use Wayfairer again. Thank you Tom!!!"
Paul Turner
Verified Buyer
"The phrase, "holiday of a lifetime" may be over used but for Nathalie and I the safari experience was just that. The level of hospitality, friendliness, professionalism, great food and accommodation was outstanding. We had an excellent driver in Abel who left us with some abiding memories. As an example on our last morning he suggested a 'bush breakfast', wherein we left at 07.00 hrs and had breakfast out in the bush an hour later, the content of which didn't stint on what would have been available to us back at camp. And to top it all a little later, back on the game drive, we came across a pride of 12 lions with a freshly killed eland - astonishing. But I'll always remember our 'walking safari' on the day of my birthday with our armed ranger, and later, back at camp having finished our evening meal when the cooks and waiters presenting me with a birthday cake and sang happy birthday to me in Swahili. Because, as the wise amongst us know, the secret to happiness is to buy memories, not things."
Verified Buyer
""Excellent service from start to finish, nothing was to much for Wayfairer to help us with. The knowledge of staff was immense and we felt confident booking knowing that everything had been tested personally before being recommended by the awesome Harry! Harry himself liaised with staff on our beautiful Halong Bay cruise to arrange a surprise proposal involving a private moonlit dinner with flowers, fairy lights, wine and beautiful scenery.....she said yes! We will be booking our next holiday with Wayfairer and would be more than happy to recommend them. Keep up the good work guys."
Mark Thompson
Verified Buyer
"Response and advice from Tom was second to none. His rapid and helpful replies confirmed we were in safe hands. His recommendations were tailored to us and faultless."
"They work with exceptionally friendly and high quality local operators. Traveling can sometimes be a bit stressful, but this was worry-free."
Rosanna Foster
Verified Buyer
"Tom at Wayfairer arranged a fabulous honeymoon trip for us and was always quick to respond to any questions we had both before and during the trip. He was knowledgeable and friendly and our accommodations were gorgeous. We would definitely recommend Wayfairer for a special trip as we had the trip of a lifetime!"
Polly Lambert
Verified Buyer
"We had a fantastic family holiday to Tanzania organised through Wayfairer . Tom was very helpful and efficient. I can totally recommend using Wayfairer- they are trustworthy and good value for money . Hopefully we will have the chance to use them again in the future. The Lambert family"
"Tom was very helpful at first asking a few questions about what I like before coming back with my amazing trip. Any questions I had was answered quickly and directly and my mind was put to rest. I will be upswing this company again and would advise any of my friends to use them."
Christian Liechti
Verified Buyer
"The recommendations were superb - Wayfairer Travel really listened to our wishes and what kind of experience we were looking for and based on this they made a very comprehensive program suggestion. We enjoyed every bit of it and it actually exceeded our expectation - which always a nice expereince..."
Jo And Mick Smart
Verified Reviewer
"Not long been back from a two week north to south tour of Vietnam with the last 5 days relaxing on the island of Phu Quoc in the south. My husband and I had an amazing time in the short time we had to cover Hanoi, Ha Long Bay, Hue, Hoi An, Siagon, all our hotels were as expected clean and friendly, our transfers all went smoothly and all guides where there to meet us and very knowledgable and friendly. We took the train from Hue via the Hai Van Pass which took us along the coast to Hoi An this took about 2 and half hours. Hoi An at night is a great place lots going on. In Saigon we did the Vespa by night tour which was really good fun, to be in the mad traffic but feeling as safe as could be, we stopped off at various places trying many of the local dishes like jumping chicken or as we know field frog... which really did taste like chicken. Our last days spent on Phu Quoc were for relaxing, our hotel Cassia Cottage was just what we needed, beautiful little family run hotel. All in all a great experience, thank you Harry for your help in organising it and keeping us informed of any flight changes whilst we were on our travels. I would certainly book with Wayfairer again."
Julian Garbett
Verified Buyer
"Great 17 days in India. Top organisation from suggested itinerary, hotels, transfers and knowledgeable guides."
Wayfairer Travel is rated 4.95 based on 62 reviews