Geobear (formerly Uretek) Reviews

95% of reviewers recommend Geobear (formerly Uretek)

About Geobear (formerly Uretek): Geobear, formerly Uretek is a ground engineering company solving subsidence and settlement issues for property and asset owners/managers in the UK.

awillis@uretek.co.uk

Mere One, Mere Grange
Elton Head Road

Daniel Lloyd
Verified Buyer
"Helpful friendly knowledgeable staff-completed in good time. The Only reason I scored 4 instead of 5 was the cost."
Russell Purvis
Verified Buyer
"A fast effective job making an instant aesthetic improvement by reducing cracks."
"Very responsive to email and process explained well prior to being carried out. Appear to be no issues following solution. Communication on day was poor. Had arranged for family member to be at the property for time of arrival of 8.30 am (80 mile round trip for them). I telephoned over an hour after this due to non-arrival to be told they had only left depot at 8.30 am due to technical issues and were still 200 miles away. Family had to go door to door to find someone who could take our key to give access. Office was advised where key was left but this was not passed on to workmen. Workmen's communication with us couldn't be faulted. Otherwise no problems."
"Very happy with the technical solution and its execution, Geobear did exactly what they said and did it quickly and with little mess and disruption. Site guys were pleasant, helpful and knowledgeable. There does seem a slight lack of oversight from head office and a detailed briefing sheet with info on noise, procedures, making good etc would be a help to non professionals . Overall -recommended for the quality of the solution."
Paul Glover
Verified Buyer
"Very professional company which provided an excellent service."
JOHN MURPHY
Verified Buyer
"The Team of 3 arrived on site when they said that they would. They were very pleasant, raced through the coffee we provided and set about thier work. They were very informative and told me exactly what they were going to do and approximately how long it would take."
Steven Venn
Verified Buyer
"excellent service did wait a little while for first appointment after that all good the 2 men that did job were great no mess and a great job done"
Catherine Bentley
Verified Buyer
"I was very pleased with the results of the foam injection procedure, Ged who did the initial inspection was very helpful and friendly and the guys who did the work were great, my house is very difficult to access but the guys found a solution, they kept me informed throughout the day as to what was taking place, they were all very friendly and cleaned up as they went, in fact when they left there was very little evidence that they had ever been here, my house was actually lifted by the procedure and many of the cracks closed up considerably, bedroom doors now shut properly and a window that had a gap in the frame is now gap free! Very pleased with the results, would highly recommend Geobear to others."
Adrian Prockter
Verified Buyer
"I had an extension to a house which had moved away from the house due to the concrete base moving. The process was able to stop the base from tipping any further. Unfortunately in my case, it was not able to move the extension back to its original position. THe work was very professional and was completed within about three hours."
John Stanton
Verified Buyer
"They arrived on time, and set the work site out and commenced drilling holes through the foundation on the last or last but one the drilling the copper water supply pipe was hit which was not your operatives fault it was installed beneath the foundation. This distracted me from the activities that Uretek was doing, I noted the laser level was set up and indicators (6no) were mounted on the wall and injection took place. I do not know how much product was injected in. I hope this stabilizing process has worked time will tell, but your operatives did a good job thanks"
Andy Dawson
Verified Buyer
"We had a settlement issue with our living room floor. A structural engineer recommended having it stabilised using resin injection by a reputable company like Uretek. After an assessment by a the area manager (Norman Saint), we booked to have the repair done. The work itself took less than a day to complete and apart from clearing the room there was hardly any disruption at all. The team were polite and professional. We feel confident the work has been done to a high standard and solved the problem. It is guaranteed and achieved for a very reasonable price. We fully recommend Uretek. Thanks very much. Andy Dawson"
"We've lived here since 1975 and our brick extension has gradually been moving away from the house. The crack had reached the stage where I could no longer ignore it. No local builder was interested. Uretek came up on the internet while I was searching further afield. Though sceptical, I contacted them and I've been very pleased. The extension was surveyed and I got a fixed-price quote without any sales pressure whatsoever. I knew a small inspection hole would have to be cut in the floorboards but I had a panic when I found I would have to arrange that myself because I was unsure of the requirements, but I need not have worried. All the people who did the work, including the sub-contractors who surveyed the drains and repaired the damaged one - which seems to have been the source of the problem - were first-class in every way. Although I understood they could only stabilise the ground, they actually lifted the extension, significantly closing the crack. I also expected the paving to need complete re-laying but the disturbance was kept to a minimum. Other reviewers have suggested that this method is expensive, but since no builder has ever given me a price, I have nothing for a comparison. At one point before I contacted Uretek, I remarked that I would give a certain some to anybody who could just wave a magic wand and they did the next best thing, with the price being almost exactly that sum, including the VAT. Only time will tell, but I'm a very satisfied customer."
"Prompt, unobtrusive injection, minimal disturbance during the works."
Angela Koenig
Verified Buyer
"very quick and non-invasive treatment. good people on site who were very patient with neighbours etc, excellent customer service team. Great job, well done thank you"
"The site based elements of the works were delivered well. We had no issue with the safe delivery of the scheme."
David Trease
Verified Buyer
"Uretek submitted proposals which were acceptable to our client, refining and adapting their details over several years as we achieved agreement with the adopting authority, and carried out their work quickly in accordance with their proposed programme."
Stephen Carey
Verified Buyer
"Quick and effective communication with office re estimates and following procedures. Effective and considered approach by the field operatives team."
Nigel Panther
Verified Buyer
"Time keeping good Very adaptable on site , approachable Good helpful information from engineers, ultimately very professional team of installation with next to no mess"
Richard Morris
Verified Buyer
"Accomodated changes in dates enforced by Client. Did the job promptly as the method statement to the clients satisfaction. Thank you."
Andrew West
Verified Buyer
"After meeting Mark Jolly on site a programme of works was provided within 24hrs detailing exactly what and when works will start and finish. I attended on the start date, the engineers on site were very professional and all works were completed satisfactory. I will be using Uretek in the future if and when required."
Geobear (formerly Uretek) is rated 4.63 based on 95 reviews