Tottington Motor Company Reviews

98% of reviewers recommend Tottington Motor Company

About Tottington Motor Company: Tottington Motor Company a family run business, established for over 40 years has always over 60 quality used vehicles always in stock including a range of automatic vehicles, with the majority of our stock with one previous owner.

Our growing customer base is built up from our loyal customer base, recommendations and reviews you’ll read here because we believe in quality, customer care and attention to detail.

All our vehicles are sold with a full service and MOT and we welcome our customers to come back 6 months later for a free 88 point check.

Since 1970, Tottington Motor Company (or Totty Motors as it’s affectionately known) has been supplying Bury, Tottington, Bolton, Rochdale, Ramsbottom & Manchester as a whole with quality used vehicles and competitive finance packages to our customers.

Our state-of-the-art onsite workshop offering several classes of MOT’s, Service, repairs and free tyre fittings offers a half price MOT when a full service is carried out. Our work comes with a 12 months parts and labour guarantee. As well as this, our workshop offers a free courtesy car and offer a pick-up and drop-off service within 7 miles.

sales@tottingtonmotorcompany.co.uk

Eton Business ParkBury RoadRadcliffeManchester

How would you rate Tottington Motor Company?

Mr M Williams
Mr M Williams
Verified Buyer
"I am 51 years old and have been a bit of a serial car buyer all my life and have had many experiences with dealers / sellers over the years- some very tricky ! I am delighted to recommend tottingon motors as the best by far dealership I have dealt with. Right from walking on the forecourt to discussing various cars and then the deal was without any aggravation or stress - Paul and Gareth were great to deal with and offered years of experience in the business. I have no hesitation in recommending them to all my friends and or family let alone to anyone I haven't met"
Miss M Hutton
Miss M Hutton
Verified Buyer
"Did everything you could ask for, and more! Thank you so much!"
Mr N Jones
Mr N Jones
Verified Buyer
"Only one disappointing thing. When purchased the vehicle I was told the fuel tank was full but as I drove out of the gate it was barely on quarter tank. As I spent £36,000, filling the tank would have been a nice gesture. Excellent service otherwise and very nice people to deal with. I dealt with Craig and Gavin who were outstanding."
Would you recommend us to your friends and family?
"I’ve bought all my cars from Tottinton Motors. Fantastic service throughout and brilliant aftercare. I would highly recommend them."
"I purchased a Fod Fiesta from Tottington Motors only to find wet carpets and a boot full of water the first time i tried to put bags in it. I contacted the service department who said they would sort it out. The first repair took a day and failed to resolve the matter. The second repair took 3 days and involved putting black silicone around various parts of the rear of the car. This looked ridiculous on a silver car! It didn't solve the water leak. The third repair took 6 days and involved placing clear silicone over every part of the rear of the car and painting over it. The service manager had told me that they had to order in some special Ford body coloured sealant, which was a blatant lie. This "repair" did cure the fault but looked a total mess. I complained to the Managing Director who said he would have the repair done at a body shop to factory standards. This repair took 6 days and although it looked ok it failed to cure the water leak, which had returned due to the removal of most of the silicone sealant. On lifting the boot carpet i found that someone had placed silver gaffer tape over all the inlets into the boot. I further inspected behind the light cluster, which was very difficult to remove due to all the sealant which had been put on, only to find more gaffer tape. I contacted the Managing Director again who said that he had instructed the body shop not to remove the light clusters when they did their work so as not to risk damaging them. Obviously it doesnt matter if I break the light cluster trying to remove it to fit a bulb at a later date. In fairness to the Managing Director he personally did try to get the car water tight and did offer a replacement car. His service staff are shocking. I refused to let Tottington Motors perform any further botches after having my car for 4 "repairs" and 16 days. I will have to foot the bill myself to get the repair done properly elsewhere. This company used to sell quality cars and apart from the boot leak I am happy with the car I bought. My experience of the service department is that they are absolutely shocking and will tell you lies at the first opportunity. Be very careful if you buy a car or take it for any servicing with this company. I would never use or recommend Tottington Motors to anyone ever again."
Would you recommend us to your friends and family?
"Excellent staff, really welcoming. Good quality cars and service"
Would you recommend us to your friends and family?
"Out of all the car purchases I have made over the years, this has been the best both in terms of the car but also the service from TMC. When I initially went to look around there was no pressure from the staff who were very helpful and knowledgeable. When I returned to take a test drive in the Fiesta it was the same, no pressure. The car itself was a genuine low mileage example that had been looked after by its previous owner. The Transaction was really simple and easy, a part-ex price was agreed for my C30 which was great and completed on the pickup day after the car had been prepared. All in all, great service, friendly staff and a very smooth sale for a great car."
Would you recommend us to your friends and family?
"So far so good. Am not able to make a review just yet. Am quite impressed and have used them before."
How was the handover at the point of collection?
"A pleasing purchase from the point of view of price and superb preparation of vehicle for sale. Some attention is required but I have no doubt that it will be solved to my satisfaction."
"Friendly helpful staff"
Would you recommend us to your friends and family?
"GREAT SELECTION OF CARS. POLITE APPROACHABLE STAFF WHO WERE EXTREMELY HELPFUL AND NOT PUSHY. NICE TO BE GREETED WITH A SMILE."
Would you recommend us to your friends and family?
"Great people to deal with car was properly presented and prepared. Paul did a good deal for us and we collected the car with no fuss or delay."
"I had my Audi Q3 serviced on Friday. I was offered a coffee/tea. I waited in reception. The staff were very friendly and professional. I will definitely be going back for my daughters car to be serviced. Thank you very much"
Would you recommend us to your friends and family?
"Throughout the process of purchasing my care the staff were both friendly and professional"
"bought a second hand lunar roadstar motorhome the gentleman who dealt with us rob was fantatic very generous with his time and a very nice person to deal with absolutely first class customer service highly reccomended company great to do bussiness with many thanks rob"
"Booked my wife's Nissan Juke in for a service, explained I needed to wait until the necessary work was completed due to an appointment. Was given a coffee and a comfortable seat together with an assurance of expediency. Not only achieved but at the quoted price with the vehicle being washed and serviced to my satisfaction the service Manager Ian also advised of a fault previously unknown and advised of a solution whilst ensuring the required deadline was still met. I do not hesitate in commending and recommending Tottington Motor Company."
Would you recommend us to your friends and family?
"Excellent service. Well informed and helpful. Very pleased."
Would you recommend us to your friends and family?
"Very nice people a good to look for a decent car"
Would you recommend us to your friends and family?
"Absolutely fantastic service and could not do enough for me. No pushy salesman and listened to my requirements. No up sell and just all happy to help. I went for a test drive which wasn't a problem like in some major Dealerships and asking for you to book an appointment! I will 100% be recommending Tottington MC to friend's and family and anyone who asks. Really pleased and will be using them in the future for aftercare services etc..."
What an amazing review to leave us it means so much to the staff to hear such comments, we enjoyed dealing with you from the very beginning and meeting your family they are lovely.
Gavin
Would you recommend us to your friends and family?
"the team are very genuine, have great knowledge, gave me great advise in choosing my vehicle and their customer service was impeccable."
Hi,
Thank you for taking time to leave us a review and especially a kind review indeed, we are delighted you are happy with your new purchase.
Kind Regards
Sales staff
Would you recommend us to your friends and family?
"I had to decide whether to spend money on repairs to my current vehicle or purchase another car. The Sales person gave me a price on fixing the car and then we compared it to exchanging for a new one. At all times he was upfront and very professional...I'm extremely satisfied with the outcome...I ended up with a lovely Honda Civic Sport (:"
Hello Karen,
I am so glad you decided to go ahead with the Honda Civic it will be perfect for what you need. Thank you for your kind words
Gavin
Would you recommend us to your friends and family?
"Excellent sales team who actually care and listen to you and what you like. No sales pushing. Nothing been to much trouble and car ready for collection really quick. Very happy and love my new car. Will be reccomending Totty motors and will be back for all services and mots."
Hello Suzanne, thank you for your kind words they mean so much to our sales team, we hope you love your SX4 S-CROSS all the best and a happy new year.
Kind Regards