Timberworld Reviews

of reviewers recommend Timberworld
Read Timberworld Reviews

About Timberworld:

Timberworld is part of the Arnold Laver and Co Ltd.

Arnold Laver and Co have been stocking quality timber and related products since 1920 when Arnold Laver originally set up business as a timber merchant.

08081819200

info@timberworld.co.uk

C/O Arnold Laver and Co Ltd, Bramall Lane, Sheffield

Ordered 64m of 4x2, only 58.5m delivered (15 lengths of 3.9m) ... that’s about £25 worth of shortfall and leaves me with a problem if I need everything I ordered (I accounted for waste when designing my project, not sure this much though!). On top of that most of the timber is bowed and/or twisted. I can work with most of it but it’s disappointing to get less than I ordered at a lower quality than expected. I’ve tried calling twice, left a message once, was cut off before anyone spoke the next time. No response yet to my message.
Hello Please let us know your web order number so we can look into this further. Kind Regards Ben
Absolute joke. Placed an order at laveronline.co.uk, all went smoothly, Timberworld.co.uk (part of laveronline) took the money from our account (see screen shot) but the website said payment failed? Phoned, answer machine (left a message), emailed, no response. Day after, phoned and emailed again, no response to either. A company this size can't answer the phone or reply to emails? Appalling first (and absolute last) transaction with them. So, 3 days later, no return phone call, no reply to 2 emails and still they have our money. Steer clear, unprofessional, zero customer support and didn't ought to be in business giving this kind of (and I use the word loosely) 'service'.
Hello Jayson Sorry about the late reply. Did you get a response to your issue? thanks Laver Online
Website needs some work. I make and install fitted furniture and needed some Medite MR MDF in a hurry. I ordered two sheets of 22mm and two of 9mm for click and collect and it clearly said ‘items in stock’ at checkout. I expected a text to say the items were ready but instead got a phone call to say they were not in stock and would be available in 7-10 working days. Come on Laver, why not tell me that at checkout? You just deserved a two star review because the guy who phoned me was apologetic and polite. Others be wary when you order online and check your purchase is actually in stock...
Hello Andrew Apologies about this, there has been a nationwide shortage of many materials this year due to demand. I believe on the product page it would have stated 'Item in Stock | Delivery usually within 3-5 working days' That would then give the branch time to get the stock in if they did not have it locally from another branch. thanks Laver Online
Total lack of communication would not recommend this company.
Apologies about this Stephen we will take this up with the branch in question.
Order to delivery very quick. Board cutting. Cheap delivery. What more could you wish for?
Thanks Russ!
Excellent service and price.
Delivered as promised, driver was very helpful as we had someone else turn up at exactly the same time.
Thanks David!
Very good service highly recommend
excellent service product is great fair price , quick delivery and Gareth in Sheffield was very helpful would definitely use company again
Thanks very much!
Purchased a door, they were very helpful in me sourcing the door to my nearest store, when it arrived in store, I collected it and there was a member of staff who loaded it into my vehicle.
Thanks for the review Wendy, glad we could help!
Great product 👍
Thanks
excellent service top quality wood will order again without a problem thank you
Many thanks John, we look forward to serving you again soon!
Good service and material
The delivery guy was lovely and put the wood exactly where I needed it to be. Great service, great wood
Thanks Sharon, good to hear!
Fabulous product. I would have appreciated some warning of when doors were to be delivered.
Timberworld 4 star review on 3rd February 2021
Thanks Liz!
Excellent products delivered in a timely manner
Thanks Sally!
Great friendly service
Thanks Steven, Happy New Year to you!
Poor if any communication.asked to be at home for delivery,no call or message timber found on drive.Part of order was not delivered no message to tell me it was on back order. Finally arrived and yet again no message to say when and simply left on my drive.Will not use laver again.
Hello Terry, apologies about this poor communication about delivery. It is not the service we except our branches to provide. Let me investigate with the relevant depot manager and I will come back to you. Kind Regards Ben
I cannot remember the ladies name at your cannock branch but she went the extra mile helping me with my delivery to my daughters house in cannock while I live in manchester everything went absolutely brilliantly, I have recommended your company to numerous people on the back of my experience.
Thanks Martin, we have passed this onto the Cannock team!
very good service, wrong product sent initially, but very quickly resolved following a phone call. good prices and excellent delivery service.
Thanks Martin