TheHouseShop Reviews

of reviewers recommend TheHouseShop
Read TheHouseShop Reviews

support@thehouseshop.com

85 great portland street, floor 1,

Tell us how TheHouseShop made you happy
Very disappointed. I'm looking to buy my first home. Found my dream flat only to find out it doesn't exist/wasn't for sale. Customer service was poor and I got the same automated response 3 times despite asking different things. Got advised to call the estate agent directly, who had not only never heard of the house shop but said the last property they had of that description sold over 7months ago. Used live chat-was again advised to contact the agent despite explaining I had already called and the property was only listed on the house shop and nowhere else. I have since found several other properties on the site that I liked-all of which are no longer available and some still listed despite selling over a year ago. Will not use again and would not reccomend. There is no point advertising or searching through hundreds of outdated properties.
It feels like a one man band trying to appear to be something big. There's been reports that the properties listed were taken from other advertisers which is ironic now they require proof of ownership. However, the worst problem is they have no means of verifying genuine interest from scammers.
Dear Houseshop, I engaged your services about two weeks ago and I have now had five inquiries, however all of these inquiries have either been fake, a scam or come to nothing. I have had people requesting the asking price and photos of our home when it is all clearly shown on your site listing. One inquirer from Africa wanted to pay me either in GOLD or CASH, South African rand. I had a Watsap video call with him and he was a black African who had no clue about the UK property market or AML process and laws in the UK. He said he was an investment buyer and needed to off load some cash ? Another inquirer said they were interested and despite my two email responses never reverted. The whole experience actually feels like a "Scam" I requested a full refund due to the very poor experience which they refused at first. I then reminded them of the Sale of Goods & services Act and Credit Card company payment rules and they confirmed that they would credit my card, although I am still waiting and I have just received another "Bogus" inquiry ??? What is this site all about ? Yours Faithfully Mark Petersen
It was free to advertise on TheHouseShop.com, I didn't have to pay any commissions or agents fees and what a brilliant service. My property was sold in 7 weeks. Very helpful service.
Thanks for your review and we are pleased we were able to help sell your home by listing with us at TheHouseShop.com
Really easy to use site, the customer service is great! Will definitely use them again :)
stupid site I only want to get rid of your ads...irritating pop ups and completely useless ads for properties not remotely near where I was looking for. This is as bad as it gets and please could you get off my e-mail?
Hi Jo, please call us on 0800 048 8910. We would really like to understand the issue and help. Sophie
The House Shop were fantastic. They were able to assist with all of my queries and put my advert live online with no charge at all. They couldn't help enough - Ash was excellent always contacting me through the telephone and email. There are no upfront costs or hidden extras everything is available at your fingertips with their online self service system you can update your advert or account at any time. Thank you so much - from one happy customer!
Alex, Thanks for taking the time to write this review and your comments about one of our team. We pleased that you found that our self service property advertising system provided you with more control. It's free to advertise and as you discovered without any hidden charges.
They make it so difficult, it would have been easier to pass through the KGB. No Rightmove or Zoopla , wast of time.
Dear Pari, we are sorry to hear that you were not satisfied with our service. Our service does not include any advertising on Rightmove or Zoopla. We have implemented an online identity verification service to ensure that the advertiser is genuine and promote verified advertisers to all the users of our sites. This is our pledge to fight against rental fraud. Our identity verification works automatically in 96% of the cases. On rare occasions, our customer service will be able to assist the very few customers who did not manage to verify their profile online. Our customer service contacted you to offer their assistance but they have not heard back from you. TheHouseShop has always pledged to offer a safe environment to all its users looking for a new home and to be at the forefront of the fight against rental fraud. We do understand that in some cases automated system may not work perfectly and this is why our customer support is here to assist all our customers in such cases.
This site offer access to Rightmove which is the reason I paid - only to find they do not. When I questioned this customer service stopped replying. They also promote verification of ownership with the Deeds registry - but actually all they wanted to know is when you moved in. They also refused a refund which is the right of every UK customer. Reported to Trading Standards.
Dear Chris, we are sorry to hear that you were not satisfied with our service. Our service does not include any advertising on Rightmove or Zoopla. Although we used to have a partner who would offer a discounted rate to their online agency service in the past, this is not available at the present time. We do not require to send the deed registry. We have implemented an online identity verification service to ensure that the advertiser is genuine and promote verified advertisers to all the users of our sites. As part of the identity verification, our system would ask your previous address if you moved in at the current one less than 3 years ago. With regards to refund, our TCs specify that if you add went live on our website and received exposure, we have started delivering the service and therefore it is not refundable. At the time when you emailed our customer service, your property had already been seen by 93 potential buyers in a matter of days. TheHouseShop is abiding by all UK consumer laws and thrive to provide its users with a safe environment when looking for a new home.
I'm looking to rent and then hopefully buy in a new area, and although there are some interesting properties, I am just sent off to a third-party website. I'm not sure how much value added is here.
Sirrina is always extremely helpful and polite when I call through. Very helpful and professional. I would definitely recommend her.
First class help and support received from the wonderful Sirrina. Thank you. I would encourage homeowners to list their properties for sale on thehouseshop.
Very helpful and couteous
Ahhh, Sarrina, what a patient and lovely lady! Always such good service when I really have no idea how to use a computer beyond the basics and so sorting an advert can be a challenge for me. Sarrina is always so amenable.
Sirrina was most helpful in facilitating my verification process as I was unable to complete this action due to living and working abroad. Thank you.
The House Shop (Sirrina) provided a prompt service and was quickly able to adjust an error from my tenant, enabling me to have the information I needed on my tenant in rapid time. A good service.
Fantastic service all the time. Sirrina is great, always willing to assist and quite helpful. Cant recommend them enough. Not been able to use anyone else for referencing since I started using The Houseshop. Reference turn around is also quick and you can contact the case handler directly now which is great though Sirrina never minds helping out.
Fast and very responsive service - even when I sent an email it was responded to within less than an hour with a phone call. My calls were always answered and they did what they said they would do!! One of my potential tenants was struggling with English and The House Shop called him and helped him through the form. I highly recommend The House Shop.
Excellent customer service by Sirrina for her help with incorrect rent payment made by tenant and transferring the funds to me at no extra charge.
Sirrina was absolutely brilliant. I was disappointed with the rent collection service as I had a good experience with thehouseshop. My tenant had made a payment to house shop even after the closure date in error but Sirrina was very helpful in realising what has happened and supported by organising with payprop to transfer the rent to my account within 24 hours at no charge. This is excellent customer service from her as well as thehouseshop. Wish you all a Merry Xmas and Happy New Year!
TheHouseShop is rated 4.55 based on 144 reviews