The TEFL Academy Reviews

Email, Live Chat, Telephone
6 - 12 Hours
customer service
Mrs Federica Rossi
"The TEFL Academy made me happy by offering a complete, interesting and practical course which I was able to follow at my own pace and which will give me a document that certifies that I am capable and have the competences to teach English."
Mr?Garry?William?Seghers
"I am 63 years old, so it is a long time since I was at school and being taught English, I now live in Vietnam and my Vietnamese neighbours asked me to teach their children English, this prompted me to enrol for the 120 hour online course. As an older learner returning to education I was happy to find the TEFL Academy Modular System, with downloadable interactive workbooks, made my learning experience straightforward, enjoyable and occasionally challenging, which helped stimulated my learning experience"
Ms DOREEN VISSER
"MY TEFL LEVEL 5 (168 HOUR) JOURNEY, WAS THE MOST EXCEPTIONAL EXPERIENCE OF MY LIFE! From the 20 hour practical course I attended at the hotel in Cape town, to the online course, I was guided and supported throughout, by the TEFL Academy team, with superior support! Their prompt service are beyond words - they truly went out of their way to ensure that I had all the support and guidance to complete my course effortlessly. THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR A LIFE CHANGING OPPORTUNITY - I TRULY HOPE MY NEW CAREER WILL COMMENCE AS SOON AS POSSIBLE :-)"
"This online course is comprehensive, easy to follow, and convenient as you don't have to physically go to class. It took me ages to complete due to my personal situations, but I was able to work in my own time."
"I loved this course. It was great being able to work in my own time. And the staff were very helpful and prompt. A suggestion may be to look at the grammar Unit. Some of the concepts in the Unit I understood from high school before starting the course at all. On the TEFL weekend, I found that I had to explain the ideas of tenses to other students who had already covered the Unit."
"I really loved this course. First of all, the materials are easy to follow, and generally very well-designed course. I don't know if you can find everything explained so simply yet explicitly anywhere else. Secondly, the support team is super fast. It's critical for me, so I consider it a nice bonus. I already recommended two of my friends this course :)"
"Studying the level 5 TEFL course, I have not only been reminded as to why I love English but I gained the ability to teach a child where English is not their first language, to be able to be part of that specific development will be a great honor on my part. I'll definitely recommend this course to just about anyone whether you love English as much as I or you don't - you will still have a ton of fun!"
"I completed the 168 Hour Tefl Academy course. It had a abundance of online resources and materials alongside a well structured curriculum. The online units are supported by a 20 hour (in person) weekend course that gave me a lot of practical advice and allowed me to practice the techniques I had been learning for real before I got into a class full of kids. The assignments really get you thinking about the material and provide a good basis for actually planning lessons of your own in the future. They are quite difficult and get you thinking for yourself - but this is not a bad thing. They do take about a week to get graded, so do them as you go along and don't leave them right till the very end (you can still complete the units while you wait). All in all I feel really confident in the classes I teach now in vietnam, I have the skills to break down the subject matter and also be constructively critical about my own lessons and how I can improve."
"I have never done a "home study" course before, so have nothing to compare it to in that respect However I thought the course was a wonderful experience. Firstly, choosing a remote learning Tefl course has its issues as there are so many " mill certificate " programmes and others that have lots of "affiliate" bloggers who get paid to sell the courses via reviews online - lots of these don't really have any merit and are not really respected in the outside world ( lots don't even have a recognised governing body ). The Tefl Academy, on the other hand, does have a governing body that is respected in the, worldwide, foreign language teaching community. The course itself is made up of 10 units and 3 assessments. Everything that is needed to pass the course is provided. reading material, YouTube links and so on. Although not having someone at hand to instantly check information and ones understanding can be frustrating and "meaning" can get lost in emails communication that is spaced out, I found the tutors helpful and my experience was a positive one. I would definitely recommend the course to anyone who was thinking of language teaching."
"The course is detailed and provide an excellent academic base for teachers in training. The assignments add a lot of practical implementation of the formation discussed in the units. And the TEFL academy staff are very helpful and friendly. Great course to be part of!"
"I found the Level 5 TEFL Course (168 hrs) to be a very challenging, rigorous, well-structured course that covered all aspects of theory and through the assignments made the best of trying to evaluate students' classroom presentation. It was much harder than I expected and I struggled with the course and the demands of a full-time job but the support was fantastic and I got through. The only thing that is lacking is the classroom experience to bring TEFL Academy to the same accreditation as the CELTA and Trinity qualifications – the first job I looked at would only accept those certificates which is a bit disheartening."
"I was enjoying a lot this course. I hope it can open some new career possibilities for me in the future and help me explore the world."
"I have recently completed de TEFL 5 Level Course. Very complete and has a great learning platform. I have gained many insights on how to make productive and fun lessons. Tutors provide very helpful feedback for the assignments."
"I enjoyed doing the English teaching certificate at The TEFL Academy. I learnt a lot about lesson planning, grammar and teaching skills."
"I loved the course!!"
"The staff at The TEFL Academy we’re always enthusiastic and helpful. I knew I could request assistance at any time. Although, I felt that the online course was so accessible and well-structured, as well as easy to use and understand, that I did not need any assistance. I absolutely loved learning the information in the Level 5 TEFL Course (168 hours) and the practical component was definitely worth it. Rene was incredible and so motivating. I am thrilled to have completed the course and have such a professional qualification. The information was so interesting and opened up s new world to me. I’m extremely excited to help people learn English so that they can communicate better globally."
"I found this course absolutely interesting! it gave me a lot of knowledge and although I studied linguistic before, only now I feel like I am ready to teach! The possibility of doing it online then, makes it flexible and easy. Any problem I had, I used to call the number of the Tefl academy and they were always happy to help me! Now, let the travel begin!"
"I chose The TEFL Academy's online course mostly by accident and was a little worried as I didn't know what to expect especially taking into account that I hadn't attended any kind of formal training for quite some time. The course didn't disappoint me, and I was able to successfully complete it in less than two months by studying approximately 8 hrs a day. There are no exams at the end of the course, and the performance assessment is assignment based. I have no reservations to recommend The TEFL Academy to anyone looking for a well thought-out and affordable online TEFL training."
"The level 5 TEFL course (168 hours) was very enlightening and detailed covering all areas for teacher training and not only for teaching efl but teaching in general. This is a course to study if you plan to teach in the future."
"A great educational platform for anyone who wants to gain more knowledge about teaching English as foreign language to non-native English speakers."
"The course was efficient and I got really helpful resources."
"I thoroughly enjoyed the training. Reading references is good. Training information is excellent. The assistance from the Academy is very good although the difference in time (different countries) makes it difficult if your 'waiting' for a reply to your query(ies)."
"I found level 5 TEFL course very useful and professionally well done."
The TEFL Academy is rated 4.90 based on 1,975 reviews