The TEFL Academy Reviews

100% of reviewers recommend The TEFL Academy
Email, Live Chat, Telephone
6 - 12 Hours
Mrs Federica Rossi
"The TEFL Academy made me happy by offering a complete, interesting and practical course which I was able to follow at my own pace and which will give me a document that certifies that I am capable and have the competences to teach English."
Mr?Garry?William?Seghers
"I am 63 years old, so it is a long time since I was at school and being taught English, I now live in Vietnam and my Vietnamese neighbours asked me to teach their children English, this prompted me to enrol for the 120 hour online course. As an older learner returning to education I was happy to find the TEFL Academy Modular System, with downloadable interactive workbooks, made my learning experience straightforward, enjoyable and occasionally challenging, which helped stimulated my learning experience"
Ms DOREEN VISSER
"MY TEFL LEVEL 5 (168 HOUR) JOURNEY, WAS THE MOST EXCEPTIONAL EXPERIENCE OF MY LIFE! From the 20 hour practical course I attended at the hotel in Cape town, to the online course, I was guided and supported throughout, by the TEFL Academy team, with superior support! Their prompt service are beyond words - they truly went out of their way to ensure that I had all the support and guidance to complete my course effortlessly. THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR A LIFE CHANGING OPPORTUNITY - I TRULY HOPE MY NEW CAREER WILL COMMENCE AS SOON AS POSSIBLE :-)"
"A challenging but enjoyable course."
"I can't imagine there's any better way to get your TEFL certification than with the amazing TEFL Academy! The course is affordable and comprehensive, with spectacular support throughout for any of your needs. The classroom hours portion was taught by the incomparable Elizabeth Mahoney, who really knows her stuff, and whose instruction really prepared me for creating my lesson plans for the online portion. I can very highly recommend the TEFL Academy as the best way to get your start in teaching English!"
"I found the Level 5 TEFL Course (168 hrs) very interesting and informative. The platform comprises the major items essential for efficient teaching process, like teahing the following skills: Reading,Writing,Listening and Speaking, as well as language components ,like:Vocabulary, Grammar, Pronunciation.The course provides up to date researches on methodology as well as a great variety of resources on their practical application.All tasks and assignments are supplied with instructions easy to follow. A great diversity of materials for further reading will facilitate the way of preparing for the lessons in the future. An experienced teacher can compare their ideas to the ones of their colleagues'. For those who is thinking of teaching the course is a very good giude on how to make teaching both efficient and intersting.I appreciate the tutors' and administrative department work as they were helpful and gave instant and satisfying answers. I really love reading and was happy for the opportunity to buy the bookYOUR ESSENTIAL GUIDE TO JUMP START YOUR TEFL CAREER...y to buy the YOUR ESSENTIAL GUIDE TO JUMP START YOUR TEFL CAREER...The TEFL handbook by Sharon Turner. The material of the course is well structured and supplied with pictures, videos, tables easy to follow and entertaining. I find the feedbacks on my assignment coherent and relevant.I will thoroughly recommend the course as it is great way to improve yourself in your career and make your career more enjoyable for you by meeting new people and descovering new places."
"I studied Level 5 TEFL Course (168 hrs) with 20 hour classroom - I thoroughly enjoyed this course! Being 35 and out of school for a long time, I was able to re learn and understand grammar! I found 4-5 hour chunks worked well for me, as I was able to complete a unit in this time. The 3 Assignments take a bit longer as they need some planning, so be prepared for this part of the course. I am currently travelling the world with my family and hope to find somewhere to stay for a while and teach TEFL. Highly recommend The TEFL Academy Gemma The England Family Travelling the World"
"I just completed the level 5 TEFL course (168 hours). I already run a small business teaching English and German and the course has taught me so many new things! I especially appreciated the tests at the end of each unit to check my understanding and the feedback I received on my assignments - they were honest and very helpful!"
"Fantastic course and great tutor support. I completed the 168 hr TEFL Academy course which includes 20 hours classroom teaching which is what a lot of other courses do not offer. Highly recommended. Jo"
"I thoroughly enjoyed the TEFL Academy course. As a majority of it is online learning, it allowed me to do this in my spare time. It was very interesting and informative and has allowed me to put into practise what I learned over the last 5 months. It has definitely prepared me for my future teaching career."
"The TEFL academy are supportive, knowledgeable, experienced and renowned. During my Level 5 course, I knew I had the backing of a great organisation with plentiful resources and loads of inspiration to help me on my TEFL journey. I could always rely on a helpful tutor’s availability for any queries/issues and I could be assured that the course online was designed to work seamlessly and efficiently - making my learning enjoyable and uncomplicated."
"I have just completed the Level 5-168 hour online course. I really enjoy the course. It was tough but quite informative and descriptive. The course provides you some further readings to improve the knowledge. After completing each assignments, I feel ready to convey my knowledge to my students. Thanks a lot!"
"Very clean and manageable. Well structured and relevant."
"I have just completed the 168-hour Level 5 TEFL course with the TEFL Academy. The course helps one build a solid understanding of the core principles of teaching English as a foreign language, provides a sample lesson procedure and explains how it can be tailored to individual circumstances. This, in my opinion, is the most important feature of the course since it means that those who have sucessfully passed the tests and assignments are equipped with the necessary tools to explore the world of TEFL further and develop their teaching competencies. The course is a reliable starting point for any aspiring teacher of English."
"I recently completed the combined level 5 TEFL course (168 hrs) from the TEFL Academy and very much enjoyed my experience. The course is split into two parts, an online section which takes up the bulk of the learning time, but also a 20 hour in-class session with a professional English teacher! The classroom element gives you a sense of how English is taught in practice, whilst the online course is packed with information on all the different aspects of English language teaching. All in all, this is a highly reputable TEFL course that will give you a solid foundation to start your journey as an English language teacher."
"I have just completed the 168 hour course. I feel it adequately prepared me for my teaching career. In particular the in class teaching as this gave opportunity to practice techniques- which I felt confident in by the end. There was a great range of topics, although sometimes repeated. The assignments were quote long but again this just prepares you more. Overall I would highly recommend the TEFL Academy course, you will be much more adequately prepared for teaching life than with some of the cheaper courses."
"My name is Armine Avagyan. I have completed Level 5 TEFL course (168 hours) with distinction and found this course to be very instructional and informative for me in terms of many relevant activities, tasks, illustrations, end of unit tests, lesson plans. This course also helped me in searching reliable sources via internet which are helpful for teaching the target language. The course duration is perfect allowing plenty of time to contemplate about the required task, such as editing, finding out own mistakes, etc. I am very satisfied with this course and am looking very much forward to contributing this new method of teaching in my practice. Great thanks to TEFL Academy. I would highly recommend the course to a person who is looking for good practice of teaching"
"I just completed level 5(168 hours) online course with The Tefl Academy. Its a great experience with a lot of knowledge to make you ready for your career as a Tefl Teacher. It is also very convenient and you move at your own pace. I highly recommend this to those who are already working and want to take the course. However, I think it will be great if they add face to face online lectures (virtual classroom ) probably not one on one but in groups to explain certain key topics like lesson plans etc. Overall, I think the course is awesome."
"I found the TEFL Level 5 (168 hours) very thorough and the online training easy to use. I feel that I am well equipped to start teaching and can design lessons easily. Assignment marking was quick and comments were informative and helpful. I would definitely recommend this training to anyone looking to embark on a career teaching English as a foreign language."
"I've just completed the Level 5 TEFL course (168 hours), and it was brilliant! Exactly what I was looking for in an online course, and easy to follow. The course work was comprehensive and each unit was well explained."
"I just finished the Level 5 TEFL Course (168 hrs) after a few months of studying and I would totally recommend it. This course has helped me a lot to understand the English language and I now feel confident in teaching it. It has been challenging but now that I'm done, I feel very satisfied! Staff is friendly and easily accessible! Very happy!"
"The TEFL Academy provide really useful and effective courses. I just completed the Level 5 course and feel much more prepared and confident to start my first teaching job. The markers are very thorough and provide lots of feedback which is great as well."
"It was an amazing experience. Im satisfied with everything. New information is presented in easy and comprehensible way. Tests after every unit help students to check their knowledge and absorb productively new information. A student can see his/her own progress at any stage of learning process. The layout of the course is carefully thought-over and user friendly. Every unit has plenty of video materials and links to additional information which is always very interesting, helpful and up-to-date. I highly recommend The TEFL ACADEMY to any person who wants to connect her/his life with teaching. And believe me, if you chose THE TEFL ACADEMY- you certificate will be not only a piece of paper, but it will also mean huge knowledge that u attained in this course."
The TEFL Academy is rated 4.90 based on 1,624 reviews