The TEFL Academy Reviews

Email, Live Chat, Telephone
6 - 12 Hours
customer service
Mrs Federica Rossi
"The TEFL Academy made me happy by offering a complete, interesting and practical course which I was able to follow at my own pace and which will give me a document that certifies that I am capable and have the competences to teach English."
Mr?Garry?William?Seghers
"I am 63 years old, so it is a long time since I was at school and being taught English, I now live in Vietnam and my Vietnamese neighbours asked me to teach their children English, this prompted me to enrol for the 120 hour online course. As an older learner returning to education I was happy to find the TEFL Academy Modular System, with downloadable interactive workbooks, made my learning experience straightforward, enjoyable and occasionally challenging, which helped stimulated my learning experience"
Ms DOREEN VISSER
"MY TEFL LEVEL 5 (168 HOUR) JOURNEY, WAS THE MOST EXCEPTIONAL EXPERIENCE OF MY LIFE! From the 20 hour practical course I attended at the hotel in Cape town, to the online course, I was guided and supported throughout, by the TEFL Academy team, with superior support! Their prompt service are beyond words - they truly went out of their way to ensure that I had all the support and guidance to complete my course effortlessly. THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR A LIFE CHANGING OPPORTUNITY - I TRULY HOPE MY NEW CAREER WILL COMMENCE AS SOON AS POSSIBLE :-)"
"I took the TEFL Level 5 course (168 hours). It was well structured and easy to follow. Good progress can be made going through the lessons. Let aside some time to complete the 3 assignments as they are the basis for passing the course."
"The course is well structured, face to face training intense and informative. I feel like I learnt a lot. The website is very well designed and you can check progress easily."
"The Academy is excellent at providing guidance, information and clear guidelines as to what is expected of their students. I found the course practical and would be able to apply what I learnt in a classroom environment. I also found it to cover everything that one would expect to teach...I am excited to start this new journey with such a solid foundation...I did the 168 hr course..."
"I recently completed the 168 hour Level 5 course with the TEFL academy. I used almost all of the allotted 6 months due to childcare and family commitments and found that to complete the course well, you really do need to set aside the hours. Each module was very comprehensive with relevant resources and lots of external links which will be useful in the future. I did not use the support from the tutors during my course but found their feedback on the assignments to be detailed and very useful. Overall a great experience completing the course."
"Nice platform to learn how to teach and interact. Great navigation and methods. Recommended!"
"The TEFL Academy, is probably the best learning experience i've ever had. I have quite a few qualifications to my name now including a bsc in computer sciences and quite a few certifications. If I were to tell you that any of the other learning experiences came close to TEFL Academy's way of teaching and portraying a lesson I would be lying. Through out the course, I did not feel I needed assistance as everything was very clearly portrayed. There was a time here and there where I felt that I needed a little bit more guidance (the first and last assignments) but otherwise it was completely straight forward. The feedback was fantastic, the lessons were easy to follow, and if i didnt understand there was more then enough resources through out the course that could justify your understanding and make sure you didnt miss a thing! I do think some of the resources arent even needed, but are just a nice to have. This gives me, an extra source of income and a possible escape from the normal humane daily jobs most people try to strive in. I think without a doubt, if you feel like studying something new and seeing where the waters take you, this is the course you should be doing. Thank you TEFL Academy. Very satisfied student over here!"
"The summer after graduating from college I studied the Level 5 TEFL Course (168 hrs). Now, with my TEFL certification I am teaching English as a foreign language in Chile! I feel that this course prepared me very well to work with middle and high school students here."
"I enjoyed the course, learning especially about the pronunciation, which we don't often study as a native speaker. It provided insight into how to better understand non-native speakers, and why they wrestle with making/pronouncing certain sounds."
"I have just completed the Tefl Academy's Level 5 online course, and have really enjoyed the flexibility of being able to work from home on this, around my other jobs. I was reassured by its reputation and excellent communication with the tutors after submitting my three assignments. The content was very informative and I am looking forward to using this qualification both at home and abroad."
"The TEFL Academy is an excellent choice of institution for completing a TEFL course. The Level 5 TEFL Course (168 hours) is well-thought out, stimulating and of a high standard yet accessible. I would highly recommend this course for anyone wanting to start their career in English teaching."
"Really enjoyed it overall. Quite a lot of info and would have loved a bit more time to practice using the info but I guess that is what the TEFL internships are for :) The TEFL Academy has a very professional course and a great international set up. The communication via email and and telephone was good. The only complaint is that the email replies took up to two days , which thankfully was fine for me but it could be helpful if they were answered a little quicker. They were, however, very reliable and helpful."
"They are extremely professional and helpful. All queries answered timeously"
"I studied the Level 5 TEFL Course (168 hrs) and it was worth every step! It has open a lot of new opportunities, now I will start working in beijing, China as an english teacher!"
"I have finally completed my Level 5 TEFL Course (168h) provided by the TEFL Academy. I had already read many reviews and after considering other institutions I reached the conclusion that the TEFL Academy would be the best option, just like I read through many good reviews online. I was not disappointed, in fact, I believe it has exceeded my expectations. The content provided throughout the course is of absolute importance and the assistance provided by the support line every time I had to open a ticket was very good indeed. I totally recommend the TEFL Academy for all those who are looking forward to enroll in the area of teaching!"
"This is by far one of the best courses I have ever done. The course material is well structured The course provides invaluable information and guidelines for studying and other resources to enhance knowledge and broaden our horizons. The opportunities are endless. Absolutely phenomenal. I'd recommend this course to anyone with confidence. The support, help and friendliness from the admin staff over the phone is professional, supportive and respectful. My problem was solved with one phone call and in 5 minutes. Amazing. Thank you to the admin staff for that. Never underestimate the positive difference a kind voice can make. You excelled. The markers of my assignments were also amazing. Their feedback was so very important to me. I learnt a lot from their feedback. Their points were constructive, helpful and clear. It just made sense. Thank you for that. I feel confident and ready to embrace the new adventure, journey as a Teacher."
"I've just completed the TEFL Academy online course (168 hours) and was happy to be awarded a merit. The course was very well organised, with each of the modules dealing with a different aspects of teaching English Language. Lots of content, detail, external links, and access to teaching assistance via a ticketing system, should you require! Well worth the money and I look forward to putting my new qualification into action soon!"
"Wonderful,This was my first experience taking online tests,and I liked the supporting team that helped me through testing process,I liked all the tasks that been given to me,thank you and good luck!"
"The TEFL Academy Course was well rounded and excellently explained. I had no trouble learning the content of the course and felt supported throughout. The course assignments were well thought out and acted as a fantastic re-cap for the learning content. 10/10"
"I did the Level 5 TEFL course (168 hours) and it really covered everything you need to know if you want to be a foreign language teacher. I will recommend this course to everyone!"
"I have just completed the Level 5 online TEFL course (168 hours) - this course was very informative, good learning content. The assignments and Module tests were in line with the Module content. The online course was easily accessible and very user friendly. The weekend practical side of the course was facilitate hand-in-hand with the online theory modules. I thoroughly enjoyed completing this course, and will now move onto the short course for online teaching."
The TEFL Academy is rated 4.90 based on 2,047 reviews