The TEFL Academy Reviews

Zaiba Ahmed
The TEFL Academy 5 star review on 17th November 2019
Maipato Angelina Sekonyela
More Photos & Videos
Highly professional company and fully engaging course, I studied and passed the Level 5 TEFL Qualification along with the prompt help of the friendly tutors and admin staff, who answered my queries immediately. I can’t wait to get my new certificate to show my potential new employers!!! I fully recommend this course to everyone who’d like to teach abroad!
So worh it! Got to do this in my time with the necessary help available when needed with alot of extra resources available for research and job search.
I live in South Africa and have recently qualified at TEFL Academy and I have no regrets in choosing them.
I am very pleased with their prompt response rate, helpful assistance and resources provided.

I chose the online option of the Lvl. 5 TEFL course and I have had no issues. I usually struggle with self study but the course was fun and interesting and kept me engaged with their interactive activities inside their Units.

They offer assistance with your career post-course as well which is great too!

Thank you TEFL Academy!
They are legit! The course is so well structured, requires some real work, especially the assignments. I’d definitely recommend this course to everyone, also it’s at a very affordable price compared to other courses on the market.
I am a teacher by profession with many years of experience. I felt that the Level 5 course that I studied with the TEFL Academy is of a very high standard and very reasonably priced. I am happy to know that it is at the same level as the much sought after Cambridge Celta Course and Trinity College TESOL Course. All my questions were very promptly answered and I received my pdf certificate within days of completing the course. There are no further costs involved for sending a hard copy of the certificate. My one criticism is that more online teaching in both units and assignments should be included in the course that I followed as this is the route that many teachers will be following since the outbreak of covid 19. I have made this suggestion to the TEFL Academy.
A great online course that provided detailed feedback and prompt communication. The course content was thorough and I feel ready to use the TEFL qualification in the future.
Just completed my Level 5 TEFL Course (168 hrs)! Very satisfied and would definitely recommend this course! You can study at your own pace and there is always assistance available in the form of the help-ticket system. Comprehensive, straight-forward and the application process is surprisingly easy and fast! Would also recommend the 10-hour Online Teaching Practice course - helpful, fun and I received my certificate of completion the very next day! Thank you, TEFL Academy!
I really enjoyed studying with The TEFL Academy to gain my level 5 TEFL qualification. I had set my heart on getting this qualification since November 2016 when I was at a Muay-Thai camp in Phuket, Thailand. I did not want to leave or go home but I did not have a trade and had not completed my Degree (at the time) to stay there and teach. Now that I have this qualification under my belt I feel comfortable in applying to international schools and working online teaching. I found the course to be really informative and I believe that it will help me in lots of different aspects of life. I did expect to complete the qualification sooner than I did (This took me 4 almost 5 months) although it kept me busy throughout the Covid-19 pandemic. I felt that the course was really well put together and the markers gave helpful feedback. I would certainly recommend this to anyone who wants to get into teaching or already is involved in teaching and wants to travel post Covid19.
I was a little hesitant when I enrolled for the course, as it’s the first online course that I’d done in my life. But to my surprise, the course was so well-designed that I did not feel for a second that it is an online course. All the units had provided me with great knowledge that I could use further and the end of unit test were too well designed. I would recommend this course to everyone who wants to be a part of the global ESL field.
I really enjoyed studying the level 5 TEFL course online. I found the learning material interesting and well organised. The assignments were challenging and required intense study, but once completed made me feel better prepared for the role of TEFL teacher.
I have just finished my TEFL Level 5 Course (168 hours) and I am more than satisfied. I found the course really easy to go through and I am now a qualified teacher! I recommend the TEFL Academy to everyone!
I am very grateful for TEFL academy and their support throughout my Level 5 TEFL (168 hrs) course that I completed. The materials were fantastic and the platform for online studying was a breeze. I did my homework before I enrolled, Definitely best out there.
This course is structured well, information is concise and easy to understand. Guidance is provided in each assignment. I´m glad with my understanding of teaching as both tests and assignments were incorporated in the course. Can´t wait to start teaching!
I studied the Level 5 TEFL course and was really impressed with the TEFL Academy! The online materials were really high quality and I learned a lot about aspects of TEFL that I hadn't considered previously. All my assignments were returned marked and with really good feedback, within the stated period too!
The TEFL Academy offers everything needed in order to get started in you teacher career. I have learnt a lot and absolutely recommend them.
I am most impressed with "The TEFL Academy. I am a qualified teacher with 17 years of teaching experience and I wanted to add onto my existing qualifications. So I enrolled and completed the Level 5 TEFL course. I found the TEFL academy to be very professional, the course material was well organized, challenging and interesting. The online course was user friendly and supportive. This was definitely a beneficial course, I am very pleased that I did it and am confident that it will have a positive impact on my classroom teaching.
I could just say about the content of the course. I took the TEFL Level 5 online with 20-hour practice. Overall, I gained new knowledge and insights about TEFL. The course itself was quite easy except for the assignments. I found it challenging in a positive way, coming from a perspective of a first-timer. The contents are easy to follow and digest. It took me awhile to finish the assignments. Same goes for the website, it is very easy to navigate.

I just had one hiccup during my first assignment which took me more or less three weeks to be graded and be resolved. I don't know where it went wrong. Nevertheless it never happened again. Whenever I put a ticket of any enquiry I had, they would answer me back within 24 hours. I never had huge issues. In fact I barely used the ticket system, only twice.

The 20-hour classroom session which required us to go in person was helpful. That was okay, more like a review of my grade school/ high school grammar lessons. We had a couple of teaching practice too which is helpful but again, that is not enough time to gauge ourselves whether or not we are 100% ready after completing the course.

Whether or not the course will be helpful as I embark on my journey to teaching, only time can tell. At the end I only had a link on how to build a resume so I think that's the best they can do in terms of finding you a teaching job.

I just wish that I can download the materials for this course, which apparently is not possible. I think they will be helpful for me when I start my first teaching job.
I was very impressed with the Qualifi Level 5 Certificate in Teaching English as a Foreign Language (TEFL) course from the TEFL Academy. I have a degree in Education, but I have been out of the classroom for over 20 years. I decided to get the TEFL certification prior to applying to teach English online, mostly so that I could hone my skills. I found the course to be comprehensive and challenging. The assignments were no joke - I spent hours creating activities that I felt would be appropriate for an EFL classroom. I would highly recommend TEFL Academy to anyone looking for a TEFL certification.
The TEFL Academy's course I have just completed was right up my alley. It was interesting, and provided lots of opportunities for further learning. The course is well laid out and easy to follow. I would highly recommend it.
I have just done the Level 5 TEFL course from the TEFL Academy. I would say this is one of the best online courses I have taken in my life. The feeling of passing 3 useful and challenging assignments was amazing! After everything assignment submitted I got a super clear and detailed feedback from the staff. At the moment I’m teaching English in Spain 🇪🇸 and I find out that I have been making a right decision to register this course.
The TEFL Academy is rated 4.89 based on 2,956 reviews