The heating oil club Reviews

of reviewers recommend The heating oil club
4.8
Based on 2,586 reviews
Own Driver, Courier
Read The heating oil club Reviews

About The heating oil club:

The heating oil club: bulk-buying fuel to keep heating oil prices down. Get an instant quote online.

I am happy with the THOC website and ordering heating oil. Your prices remain competitive with other competitors. However, delivery is not always to the same standard. Having been given a delivery date, Certas did not arrive. No message to advise a no show. This wasted my time waiting in to ensure access etc was ok. Delivery was mid afternoon they next day. It must surely be possible to text or email customers to keep them informed if changing a delivery date whatever the circumstances. Also, why can’t the supplier notify customers on the day of delivery, or day before, if it will be a morning or afternoon delivery.
you still have to shop around , but on average good value
I was satisfied. The oil was delivered on the forecast date, but the standard delivery time was a little slow. The extra charges for accelerated delivery seem unnecessarily high.
No fuss ordering. No fuss delivery. Competitive price.
Good service
Good price, delivered promptly.
Good service arrives on time
Good price. Easy order from website. Delivery done without having to attend. No problems. 2 weeks between order and delivery.
The HOC seems to have the best prices for my area (Cumbria) and their customer service communication is very good. However, I ran out of oil and asked for some help speeding up delivery and this just didn't happen. My fault I suppose for running out (actually Covid's) but better not to imply on the website that help is available in such circumstances, competitors will do express deliveries for an extra fee and I will have to order there if there is a next time.
Prompt delivery, but Driver didn’t contact us in advance, as was formally requested.
Best price I could get locally. Communication with heating club good however delivery driver not so. We watched him drive past twice then no more. Contacted company and delivery rescheduled for next day. Driver arrived and delivered order no problem. Will definitely use again.
Oil took a long time to come would have been trouble if had been low
Service from the club was good, but the same can not be said for promptness of delivery and the vendor... Certa. It took the full 21 days from time of booking to delivery. More than once a Certa tanker went up our road to deliver oil, but we were passed by. When we spoke with Certa customer service, they told us that we were on the bottom of the list behind "Certa" customers because we went through an oil club. Don't think we'll go this route again.
Great price. Quick and easy to order. Delivery was 3 weeks after I had placed order so you need to allow for this so that you don't run out of oil, but a great service.
Not sure how much cheaper using the Heating oil club is than using a regular supplier, you would hope it is. You pay when you place the order, not on delivery. The delivery seems to take a while so order ahead of when needed. Placed my last order 18/02/21 and delivered 11/03/21.
I will definitely use this supplier again. I had been with my previous supplier for 25 years and decided to shop around. £625 for 1000 litres quoted by my regular supplier compared to £439 quoted by The Heating Oil Company. No brainer really. Kicking myself I hadn’t shopped around before. The only concern was having to pay up front to an unknown supplier but I did a bit of research and satisfied myself it wasn’t a scam. They delivered a few days earlier than quoted. I had requested a phone call the day before delivery but that didn’t happen so we were a bit surprised when the driver turned up and we had to move stuff around hurriedly in the garage so he could get access. Not a big problem but we could have been more organised if they had called in advance of delivery as requested. I would then have not hesitated to give them 5 stars.
Easy to use and get up to date quote. Simple click through to place order. Easy payment method.
Good price, good service but no notification till lorry was on driveway. Lucky we was in.
excellent service
Usually very polite and helpful delivery staff. But I will be 77 this year and it would be helpful if your staff would unlock the tank and add the additive. When I did it last year I fell, the tank is built on ground 1metre high, and then broke my wrist It has still not recovered fully. Can I ask your staff to open it for me please?
The heating oil club is rated 4.75 based on 2,586 reviews