Sykes Cottages Reviews

55% of reviewers recommend Sykes Cottages
10PM
10PM

Popular Questions:

How can I contact Sykes Cottages?

0124 435 2059

UK Holidays
Hotels & Accommodation

Tell us how Sykes Cottages made you happy

Telephone
"Maggies Retreat Briston Location excellent, however this has to be the worst cottage I’ve ever rented. Shocked a property can be rented in such a state of poor repair, and very unclean. No key lock on back door, so door unlocked all day and night, insecure fitting door, interior conservatory door too dangerous to use as jams and does not even fit correctly. Broken glass in bedroom mirror door, ceramic soap tray in en-suite shower hanging off wall and insecure to use. Didn’t look or feel like bungalow had been cleaned or vacuumed in a very long time, thick dust everywhere. Really disappointed and will certainly never recommend this cottage 😡"
Are you Sykes Cottages? Gain access to your dashboard so you can reply to this review. Free Access
"A HARD LESSON TO LEARN !! DON’T get lured in by the ‘low deposit’ offer !!! If you need to cancel your booking you Have to pay the FULL 30% deposit, Even if you contact Sykes within 7 days of making a booking, with 7 months to go before the date of the holiday ........ Unfortunately there’s no cooling off period as there is with many products/services, you’re not covered for holidays under the Consumers Rights Act or Distance Selling Regulations. Sykes insurance will only cover for cancellation if there’s a death in the family, Pregnancy related problem, serious illness or redundancy ! ....So Look Elsewhere for your holiday insurance too! I was offered the chance of changing the date of my holiday but they forgot to mention if the week I chose was less money I’d still have to pay the full amount of the original booking (£600 difference) ! By the time I found this out the taste left in my mouth was too bitter to bear, I couldn’t bring myself to throw good money after bad! Myself and my family left disappointed in the service and too affected to want to continue the booking with Sykes or any of their cottages. I felt I had no other option than to bite the bullet, pay the £700 + DEPOSIT to CANCEL my booking ..... and never the Twain shall meet again !"
"In my opinion, a total rip off company. Booked a house for the August summer holidays (7 months away) via their website lured by the available low deposit scheme, we also included cancellation insurance. 6 days later we tried to cancel and were told it would cost us just under £800 to do so as the cancellation insurance did not cover us!! The law states any contact should be fair and reasonable and not unduly one sided, Sykes are flouting these laws using a loophole in the distance selling regulations, yet they state themselves they are a "booking service" which we understood to be subject to these regulations. We are left feeling robbed and needless to say, will never be using Sykes cottages again. YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED"
"Big lesson, check the trustpilot and trip advisor reviews before booking. Company rip you off, customer service non existent. Spent too much time and energy sorting out their mistake."
"Terrible customer service, rude and unhelpful"
"So easy to book and able ro speak on line if any last minute questions - great"
"Stress free, easy booking with plenty of choice. The Best by far"
"Nice website that makes reviewing options a pleasure. The transaction went through without incident and Sykes made several follow-ups to ensure all was well (a nice touch). We will definitely use them again when booking holiday cottages."
"Very helpful trying to find the right holiday rental."
"Everything was dealt with on line and there were no difficulites at all. The cottage rented was perfect just as the website stated. I would highly recomend this company."
"Special offers , very good service."
Sykes Cottages is rated 3.09 based on 11 reviews