Solarcrest Reviews

Telephone
Read Solarcrest Reviews

eliot@solarcrest.co.uk

Solarcrest (Distribution) Ltd38-42 Brunswick HillMacclesfield

Tell us how Solarcrest made you happy
Solarcrest 5 star review on 23rd November 2018
Phil
More Photos & Videos
Solarcrest 5 star review on 13th January 2017
More Photos & Videos
Solarcrest have been excellent so far from initial helpful contact through to installation they’ve exceeded my expectations. Communication throughout has also been outstanding which in the present Covid-19 climate is exceptional.
We were really impressed with the engineer who came to do a site survey and then returned to commission the system, he was very professional and knowledgeable which was helpful to us as we were still learning about the MVHR system having recently moved into the house with it in already. Everyone at Solarcrest was helpful and very professional, highly recommend, thank you!
Very nice people who were extremely knowledgeable and helpful. Technical support is great and problems are quickly addressed.
Excellent at first meetings explaining benefits of MVHR and insulation. Everyone I have spoken with has been knowledgeable and helpful. Great customer service.
The items arrived as stated and in good order. The unit has been installed and appears to be working correctly.

I would like to thank you and your company for an excellent service in supplying this product, from the first telephone contact through to delivery the process was very professional. It's a pity other companies are not as good.
very good, professional company. All the installation done on-time.
More than happy with the service I have received from Jon & the team at Solarcrest. I am in the process of installing the equipment for MVHR system & it’s so far so good. All the kit seems fine and the design drawing is straightforward to follow. So I will write to confirm completion in the near future.
Regards, AW.
We have had approx 6 weeks work from the great guys at Solarcrest. My wife found them in a search of the internet and this has turned out to be a stroke of genius.

Not the cheapest, however, they are very much worth the investment. We’ve gone from having a poorly put together draughty house to one that can apply for Passivhaus status.

Richard Marlow, Joe and Mike are the people we dealt with mostly and they were excellent. The folk in the office were good too.
Great team, friendly, polite, Professional
Exceptional client service allied to strong technical engineering capability ensuring that the system is specified and installed correctly. Proactive after sales service adds to a very positive experience. After some shocking experiences with others in this sector it was a relief to find such a professional and proficient supplier.
Good technical team who provide best solution for end user
Just had an MVHR system installed by Solarcrest. Great service from design to installation.
The installation all went well and looking good. There was a slight delay to the scheduled date of installation but communication was good and we were able to work around it.
I have found solar crest site team well trained and professional. Their site team worked perfectly with our time schedule and performed all agreed tasks promptly. All managers and line leaders informed us about their detailed daily plan on site. All work carried out by solar crest has been checked by their technical and quality manager at completion and commissioning. this making us keen to work with them again on future projects.

Navid Elahi
Altin Homes
Project Manager
Solarcrest have been very efficient to deal with throughout the stages of our project so far. They have been able to make alterations to the design where necessary on site and the quality of their work is very good. I would have no hesitation in working with them again on future projects.
Thanks for the great review, and we look forward to working with you again!
I was playing with the idea of installing an MVHR system during a new build project. I had several discussions with Solarcrest and they were brilliant with any queries I had. They knew the product and were happy to help with advise on any on site adjustments I would need to make for the install.
I wanted a supply only quote and was given different option for different systems and budgets.
On choosing the airflow unit I then moved on to the design process. The design drawings were sent very quickly and I didn’t feel it was causing any problems when I changed a few details and duct routing.
All the components had arrived within a week and everything so far seems to be of excellent quality. The kit is comprehensive and the technical background is forthcoming when needed.

Solarcrest have have always been there to answer any calls and I would recommend working with them on a similar project.
Hi,

We're always delighted to hear when a self install goes well. We're always on the end of a phone line for advice and support when needed! We're confident the system will continue to be a success.
Our install just needs the final completion and commissioning to complete the task but i have been very impressed so far.
Turned up when expected, carried out a very neat tidy install so far and i have had good communication and response from the team in the office when required.
They do alot right
Gary Martin
Premises Manager
Thanks for the review!

We pride ourselves on our professionalism, so it's always really good to have feedback that shows our guys are doing the job right. We're always on the end of the phone if you need us.
I found Solarcrest very friendly and helpful to work with and would highly recommend them. Very pleased with both our MVHR system and spray foam roof.
Thanks for the review Craig. We hope you enjoy the benefits of your new system!
Disappointing is about the best description. Solarcrest came recommended and the initial phone calls were very positive offering good options and most importantly lots of support. The supply was fine and the fitting was straightforward enough but we are finding the unit draughty and noisy in use and frequently turn it off which defeats the point..
We think there are issues with the design and possibly with the machine, we have tried numerous times to resolve it with both solarcrest and Vent Axia and have managed to get it so we can mostly put up with it but still end up turning it off at times.
In particular the commissioning was a total waste of money (£450) the guy spent 30 minutes tops actually doing anything none of which seemed to be anything technical and I ve had to change lots of elements to get it to work for us, but they won't give you the paperwork you need to get the completion SAP done without it.
Dear Jon, we’re obviously disappointed that you aren’t entirely satisfied with the MVHR system we supplied for your builder to install. It’s worth noting that MVHR is designed to run 24x7, so if you are switching it off it’s likely to be running on boost when you switch it back on again, until the humidity levels return to normal. As explained, this could be affecting your acoustic expectations.

We can confirm the ducting provided was designed correctly to the manufacturer’s guidelines. Vent Axia have agreed there is no fault with their unit. We also know the system has been balanced and commissioned by a qualified engineer.

You neglect to mention our engineer had to connect unfinished pipes, remove flyscreen’s from exterior grilles and wait for scaffold to be removed before starting, and that you had to leave site before a full handover with operator training could be completed.

The commissioning fee also covered what was a 120 mile round trip. As you know Solarcrest have spent considerable time on the phone trying to troubleshoot the issue, and you have declined our offer to send an engineer to investigate. Regrettably as a supply-only project Solarcrest cannot take full responsibility for the performance of the system you installed.

The offer to send our engineer still stands should you change your mind. Commissioning paperwork is issued automatically on receipt of your final payment, hence the delay.
Easy to deal with, professional site team and very understanding when things don’t run according to plan!
If ever I do this again these people will be on my preferred supplier list.
Solarcrest is rated 4.90 based on 146 reviews