Prime Oak Reviews

of reviewers recommend Prime Oak
Read Prime Oak Reviews
We are delighted with our oak framed garage complex and oak framed conservatory supplied and fitted by Primeoak. From the initial sales process, through planning, delivery and installation, the staff at Primeoak have always been approachable and professional, sorting out any little glitches as they arose. We love the product and can highly recommend them.
The oak itself is of the best quality and our finished barn is an absolute joy to live in. Prime Oak’s customer care throughout the process has been second to none. We’re so pleased, we’ve gone back for more!
Dealing with Prime Oak was easy and straight forward right from the outset of the project. Due to planning restrictions the design had to change a few times in the initial phases and they were very accommodating.
The construction team were really helpful and did an amazing job putting it all together.
A year on and as expected a few minor adjustments were needed to some of the doors and they responded very quickly which was really reassuring.
Overall we are very pleased with the end result and the service, so much so that we have recently ordered an orangery from them as well!
I gave a rating of 4.5 out of 5 and the reason why full marks were not given was because of the following;

- There are no latches and hooks fitted on the outside of the double doors, meaning that when the doors are fully open one has to put stoppers at the base of the doors. If not, the wind is going to slam the doors shut. Was it part of the design not to have such?

- The installers left a lot of nails on the outside of the building. Hazardous against tyres seeing that the unit is storing 6 x vehicles.

- Tins of the application liquid needing to be ‘brushed on’ should be offered as part of the deal seeing that it is left to the responsibility of the customer to apply. It would save the customer having to source and collect from an outside supplier.
- Customers should be notified to expect the oak beams to ‘leach’ thus leaving dark stains which would in time fade away. Leaching does spread onto the brick work below and looks odd. We were also told it would fade away.

We trust that the above is useful for your management team.

David Scales
My garden room is lovely, the chaps that put it up were professional and did a brill job. Once everything is finished lighting tiling etc. it will be a nice addition to my house.
Top quality oak framed building installed in a day. You need to organise your own builder to do the ground work / roof and coordinate the work - which was a new experience for us, but came together nicely in the end.
We are in the early processes of having a 2 bedroom annexe built and I’ve got to say that although we have got a way to go yet, I am extremely impressed with the care and professionalism of the company, especially Ian Robson. He is handling our project and his attention to detail is exemplary and he goes above and beyond. The quality of their buildings are second to none and I can only hope that everything continues throughout the rest of the project.
I will leave another review at the end when we have moved in and fingers crossed I will still be singing their praises, watch this space !!!
We first became aware of Prime Oak through adverting material in The Sunday Times. We followed up by asking for further details and with a subsequent visit to the main office and company's workshops. Prime Oak's designing team produced excellent ideas on how to blend existing buildings with their oak frame designs and the final product is not only functional and very pleasing but it has enhanced the appearance and value of our property. We were very impressed with the quality of the product and the design and execution of the bespoke project and the service Prime Oak provided.. The excellent after care service that Prime Oak is a testimony to the ethos of the company right across all management levels and of their confidence for the quality of their products. We are very pleased with all our dealings with Prime Oak and have no hesitation to recommend it or start yet another project with them again.
Fantastic addition to my home . Wonderful craftsmanship and efficient friendly company to deal with , highly recommend .
My prime oak orangery is perfect - it houses my kitchen and looks onto my garden and totally makes my house. The designer completely got what I wanted and designed exactly what I was hoping for. The guys who came and put it up were great , cheerful and efficient - I think it took one week longer than originally advised - that was the roofing part of exercise.

My only gripe would be that prime oak seemed a bit resentful of the fact that I was using my own builders (even though the architect sAid that was fine) For the groundwork’s - I did get a quote from the firm recommended by you but elected to go with the team I knew. Despite the fact that we were asked to call yourselves if we had any queries it was incredibly difficult to get calls returned my builders called, yet when I Called I got immediate reply and then Had to hand phone to builder - it was annoying and happened more than once. In the event everything was perfect , indeed the boys who put the frame up said it was one of the best prepared sites they had ever worked on!

Only other problem is a door that can be very tricky to lock in winter
But fine at the moment and I’ve just had a Second d window catch break, one alreAdy replaced by yourselves but A second one needs replacing too!

All inall a wonderful product much enjoyed by myself and family, great team working on site only marred by the poor communication during the preparation of site . I am a happy customer and know of two friends who have used your company as a result of seeing my kitchen!
From the initial discussions and first visit, we decided that Prime Oak were the best choice for us. The communications have been frequent and always clear, with timing of different stages well planned. The workmanship of the construction is superb and the coordination of the different teams involved has been seamless. We are delighted with the orangery and would use Prime Oak again without hesitation.
Phil, the Prime Oak initial contact, came to see us and discuss our requirements and offer advice. He said the orangery would be a quality build, would give us lots of additional space and would look fabulous. He was so right on every count. We are delighted with the quality of the orangery, the craftsmanship and the professionalism of the installation team.
Great service and the build is just what we wanted.
We are delighted with our orangery. It compliments our cottage perfectly, and certainly has the "wow" factor. It has created a wonderful space, which we look forward to enjoying in our retirement. We were very impressed how efficiently and speedily it was installed, and the great craftsmanship of the structure. The service from design to completion was excellent, we do not have any complaints, only compliments.
Really happy with our orangery.
The rating of acceptable is due to the fact the initial erection of the frame was completed late on a Friday afternoon when my builders then couldn’t cover it adequately, one of the posts needing to be replaced at the outset and several leaks since then. The after care service provided by Stuart has been excellent.
Whilst I was happy with the overall build of the garage there were a number of elements of the overal project which were not good or are areas that other firms have a better service offering. The upfront ‘sales’ seem to be done by sales reps not actual employees of PrimeOak. There focus is on getting the contract agreed and whilst the rep who worked on my project did get involved in the project at some stages there were times that they were radio silent. In addition there didn’t seem to be any coordination between the head office and they sales rep. I think service could be improved if there was a project manager dedicated to each project and ideally being the sales rep. Secondly other companies provide an overall service where they also oversee the foundation works. This is key to getting the project done on time and on budget. For the future projects that I have planned I will go for a firm that oversees the whole project from beginning to end
Prompt and efficient service, very pleased with the end result. Would use again.
Very impressed with quality and aesthetic look of the orangeries.
Work man ship was top class and the fitters were very efficient and friendly
We are thrilled with our Prime Oak Orangery which fits beautifully alongside our dining room and blends in with our Arts & Crafts style home. Friends have almost unilaterally remarked “wow” and “how classy” to our extension which has almost certainly added value to the property. We can’t help but smile when we are in the new room which with the bi-fold doors open brings the garden into our family home.
Prime Oak is rated 4.58 based on 36 reviews