Pod Volunteer Reviews

95% of reviewers recommend Pod Volunteer

About Pod Volunteer: Pod Volunteer is an award winning non-profit organisation arranging ethical, inspiring and supported volunteering opportunities around the world since 2001

info@podvolunteer.org

3 Crescent Terrace

Tell us how Pod Volunteer made you happy

Catherine H
"I travelled to Arequipa in Peru to work in a small charity school arranged by Pod. The entire experience was incredible and not least because I was so well looked after by Pod. They worked with local organisers who were brilliant at settling me in and showing me around before introducing me to the school. The school were very flexible about the hours I worked, the school staff were so friendly and interested in why I was doing the voluntary work and the kids were gorgeous, fun and mischievous. I had the most amazing time in Arequipa - I could not recommend it more. The town is stunningly beautiful with so much fascinating history. I went hiking in the incredible Colca Canyon and made great friends. Even the food was good! I 100% recommend Pod for finding such a great experience in such a great location and for taking so much care to ensure I had a good time. I will definitely use them again next time I go on a volunteer holiday."
Ava J
"An amazing company - great team leaders. Would really recommend to anyone who wants to volunteer abroad to use this company. They are very friendly and helpful."
"Not only did Pod provide the utmost help and security during the entirety of my trip, they are supporting an incredible organisation I simply cannot praise enough. I immediately felt confident in my choice and felt there was always someone there to help if needs be."
"I really want to thank Pod Volunteer for everything. They probably gave me the best experience of my life. I will never forget them."
"I am so happy with my entire Pod Volunteer experience. Pod helped me organize my Belize Conservation trip and their support was invaluable! I had never traveled overseas and my entire experience was seamless thanks to everyone in the office. I was so impressed with how quickly and thoughtfully they answered my (many, many!) questions. Everyone was so kind and appear to genuinely love what they do. Knowing that every opportunity is thoroughly vetted for safety gave me peace of mind as I navigated a new country. I also appreciated their referrals and recommendations for flights and packing. I am already in the process of planning my next project using Pod and I cannot wait! I highly recommend using them to help you plan your next volunteer trip."
"I look back fondly on my experience teaching in Udaipur. Ravi, Gurav, along with Neha are not only great hosts but they are passionate about work in their community and the experience has been so rewarding. The atmosphere they have created is friendly and fun filled and their support and knowledge throughout your stay lets you experience day to day life in India, not just as a tourist. I would recommend this to others if you want to work alongside people who are passionate about changing lives for the better."
"The support from staff was good and Iona was very helpful and professional throughout the entire process (which in my case was quite convoluted). The Dinokeng game reserve (South Africa) project was excellent (although the volunteer house was in poor condition and not up to standard when we arrived). The animal sightings were amazing and I learned so much. Our guide (Ingrid) was brilliant and I felt our work was very necessary and worthwhile. I would highly recommend this project to anyone, with the general caveat mentioned below*. The marine conservation project in Sodwana Bay was good in terms of the dive training (can't praise our dive instructor enough) and the marine ecology lectures were great. The Bay is a great place to learn to dive. However, some of the information in Pod's guide regarding the uses of data collected on this project is simply incorrect (something I only found out on arrival at the project). This project offers great dive training and marine ecology education and is part of PADI's Project Aware. However, the data collected is not actually used for anything and therefore does not contribute to the conservation of the reef system, nor to global databases, as claimed. Had I know this in advance I would have chosen a different project somewhere else in the world since I wanted to contribute to meaningful conservation work. This is a real shame and the only reason I am not able to give a Pod an 'Excellent' rating. I also think the fees Pod charges are too high and I would have preferred more of the money to have gone to the projects themselves. *Note that if, like me, you are over 30 you will very likely be the only volunteer in that age range. These projects attract almost exclusively school leavers, gap year students or early 20s. A lot of them seem to regard this as 'summer camp' or something to fill the time in their year off if they haven't got any better ideas. They don't know how to cook or clean, don't pull their weight and can be quite immature and often don't seem to appreciate how lucky they are to be here. So living and working with them can be very frustrating (in fact this was the only truly challenging aspect of volunteering for me). Also, they are almost exclusively German so if you don't speak German you will spend a lot of time listening to people talk in a language you can't understand, which can be quite isolating. If you can cope with all this, then do it as it's an amazing experience and, overall, I am glad I did it. Just make sure your reserves of patience are well stocked up before you come."
"met all expectations. friendly an d ded"
"My trip to Thailand was the trip of a life-time and I wouldn't have changed it for anything. POD made everything super easy and fun and I was able to do something I love while making new friends and learning new cultures. While taking care of the animals on wildlife, we did things like prep food and enrichments, provide fresh water, scrub the enclosures, etc. And all the volunteers at the center were very friendly and kind-hearted. The following week on elephants was probably the best experience of my life. It felt so good to work along side other hardworking volunteers and provide care for the elephants and maintenance of the enclosures. It was so rewarding to see our work with the animals pay off and just see them happy and it felt good to disconnect from all the nonsense that goes on in today's world and do something that actually makes a difference. I wish I could have stayed there for the rest of my life."
"I had a really positive experience with Pod on my under 18 trip to Thailand. The process before the trip was really easy and organised and the trip itself was amazing. Lucy and Alex, the two leaders who came with us were lovely and were so helpful whenever we had any problems. I would definitely recommend the under 18 trips to anyone who loves to travel and meet knew people, I would love to go back!"
"I found the organisation very professional and supportive and one I would be happy to recommend."
"Booking my trip to India with Pod was the best decision I ever made. From the start, both Gemma and the staff at the accommodation were so welcoming and they made sure we had the best trip possible. I found working with the children so rewarding, watching them improve everyday and they were all so enthusiastic. The accommodation was amazing and the staff and our leader made everything run so smoothly. All of the trips away from the accommodation were organised so well and were so exciting. I would recommend Pod to anyone! I am so thankful to all the staff who organised the trip, they really made it a trip of a lifetime."
"very good"
"Amazing support which is exactly what is needed when travelling alone to a foreign country. I will be using this company again should I wish to do more volunteer work abroad. Highly recommend!"
"The information provided once I applyed for the project are very easy to understand and have helped me answer almost every question. Open questions were answered by the Pod Volunteer Specialist for my project very fast, so up to this time I have not felt like I was not supported in any way.So far, I am pretty sure that I made the right decision by joining a Pod Volunteer program"
"Can no to comment to much because i had to cancel my trip, however they were very understanding and very helpful and will be volunteering with them when i can."
"I am fully prepared for the U18 trip to Thailand thanks to Pod Volunteer who ensure that I have all the correct resources. Pod Volunteer is one of the best companies, especially for teens, that try their best to maximise our experience and comfort. I am extremely excited!"
"The mission with Pod Volunteer was really interesting and rewarding. I spent 3 amazing weeks with them. They are serious and organized and they have an excellent corresponding team in UK and Ghana."
"Pod Volunteer have been very helpful, supportive and encouraging to me from the outset. I am retired and seeking adventure in my older years while I feel sufficiently fit and healthy to enjoy the experience and, hopefully, make a worthwhile contribution. Pod Volunteer explained the project fully and I was particularly attracted by the fact that the projects are managed locally and are environmentally and ethically sound. They put me in contact with partner organisations who could help with travel, insurance and organising a tour for a week prior to my volunteering on the turtle conservation project in Costa Rica. I am very excited about the trip and confident that I will be well supported at home and abroad."
"Pod volunteer were fantastic with helping me organise my trip to Thailand, to volunteer with the elephants and wildlife. Iona was great as my personal"
Pod Volunteer is rated 4.68 based on 253 reviews