Pod Volunteer Reviews

95% of reviewers recommend Pod Volunteer

About Pod Volunteer: Pod Volunteer is an award winning non-profit organisation arranging ethical, inspiring and supported volunteering opportunities around the world since 2001

info@podvolunteer.org

3 Crescent Terrace

How would you rate Pod Volunteer ?

Verified Buyer
"My whole experience of POD has been extremely positive from my initial enquiry right the way through my adventure. As a mature traveller I particularly liked that they recognised that and didn't assume at any point I was on my gap year. I would be more than happy to use PoD again hopefully sooner rather than later."
Beth S
Beth S
"Pod Volunteer gave me an opportunity to do something incredibly special! Volunteering in a wildlife sanctuary in the beautiful Costa Rican rainforest was an experience I would not have done on my own, without the guidance and expertise of Pod. They encouraged me and supported me throughout the planning process, and they were responsive when I had questions or concerns."
Martha E
Martha E
"Pod made it really easy to have a great experience at the Belize zoo."
Santiago A
Verified Buyer
"Really good communication from Bee and Gemma. Clear and organised information."
"They made the process super easy. I never had to wait long for an email response. Overall, my experience was good. My only concern was that I was under the impression I would have airport pickup, so that became a little bit more expensive than I thought in order to get connecting flights and hotels. However, it ended up working out great, so it wasn’t even a concern. It would have been nice though if that were more clear, so I could have budgeted better."
"Volunteering in Pakhora Nepal, we were hoping that the whole trip would be an experience. The set up regarding both the street kids and orphans was very well run and it was a pleasure to have been involved. Our co-ordinator, Janice is doing a fantastic job and made this part of experience very much worthwile and enjoyable. We were led to believe outside of the times of our helping out with the kids, we would be staying with a Nepali family in a hostel of which would also have added to the whole experience. Unfortunately the hostel that we stayed in had recently been taken over by an American family and although pleasant, they had there own agenda."
"This was my first time traveling abroad by myself so it was great to work with Pod and have some extra reassurance. They were there through each step of the process and it was really nice to know I could reach out and ask questions when I needed help."
"This was my second trip with Pod and both time I received amazing support throughout - Lucy is amazing and helped me have the best volunteer and travel experience possible."
"I had never travelled on my own before and was so nervous but this was the most amazing experience I've ever done and pod made it easy for me. My first day there I was walking alongside an elephant which was incredible definitely didn't have Monday blues there. Thank you"
"They we very organised and efficient and good at communicating all the information we needed before our project. The project was as amazing and we are definitely looking for our next adventure with Pod."
"Pod was very helpful with finding programs and making the booking process go smoothly. I think they could’ve had slightly more up to date information on the program but that’s only a minor drawback."
Verified Buyer
"Checked in on me during my first week at my placement and on my return."
"I enjoyed my volunteering experience with POD in Nepal. I was supported throughout the booking process in the UK as well as while I was on placement. I was fully informed of the projects I would be involved in and how the POD charity was contributing to these organisations locally. I liked that they spoke about the bigger picture in what they were trying to achieve and how any little changes or impact I made contributed to this. I would fully recommend POD."
"I am thankful to PodVolunteer for orchestrating the opportunity to participate in a wildlife rescue project at Kids Saving the Rainforest in Costa Rica. During our two weeks outside of Quepos, we experienced working with a broad range of animals, living on the edge of the rainforest, and joining forces with/learning from an interesting and dedicated group of people from throughout the world. It was truly a wonderful, sometimes challenging experience. Pod Volunteer’s information regarding the volunteer opportunity was honest and thorough. They were responsive in handling all of our queries and following through on orchestrating many of the details of our trip. I hope someday to participate in another Pod Volunteer program."
"Pod volunteer prepared me before I went on my trip and were very easily contactable with quick replies whilst I was away. Nothing to complain about! Everything was set up for me, all I had to do was arrive!"
"Helpful, enthusiastic staff, well planned and organised volunteer opportunities. Have been on 3 different trips with POD, all have been excellent."
"It allowed me to gain experience in looking after elephants, from feeding, showering and cleaning enclosures. I met a lot of like minded people from around the world who were very friendly even tho' I was one of the oldest!! I would fully recommend taking the opportunity to go on a Pod organised outing."
"Pod made it really easy to have a great experience at the Belize zoo."
"• I really appreciate the flexibility that V by V offers to volunteers. Brendan and the local management team listen carefully to your feedback and try hard to accommodate your personal aspirations as a volunteer. If you want to do something different they will try very hard to accommodate your request. • V by V have a clearly stated vision and values by which the charity is run and I could clearly see tangible results of this during my time there e.g. hand washing regimes now undertaken by all school children. • I found it reassuring to be able to see that donations and other external funding that is put into projects really does make a difference to the village communities e.g. the communities use of schools, wells, crèches, clinics that have been built by V by V and funded by donations. The building work that has taken place and is continuing is very impressive and clearly serves many village communities in areas where they most need it. • The local management team e.g. Aikins and Emmanuel are very professional and make a significant impact on the day to day operations. They made Kathy and me feel at ease throughout our stay and were very accommodating and concerned to make our time there safe and enjoyable. • Brendan the Operations director is excellent and was very supportive of our work during our stay. It will be interesting to see how the organisation and future projects fares under new leadership following his departure. His presence and skills will be missed but hopefully a new person(s) will bring about new opportunities to extend the good work already done. • I found the Abenta base a great place to be situated. It’s a lovely village with great views. The community is very friendly and you meet some lovely Ghanaian people. Its central location makes it convenient for most of the volunteering activities and despite the feeling of remoteness, it’s only a couple of hours from Accra. • The facilities at Abenta are basic but comfortable and the procedures to ensure the welfare of volunteers have been carefully considered and are effective e.g. dish washing regime using Milton sterilizing tablets and hand washing with disinfectant. The result is that the base and its facilities are very clean and the risk of illnesses is minimized. • The mud hut was also a great experience for us as a couple. It was clean and comfortable and right in the centre of the village community so we really felt at the heart of the community - no need for a sauna though!"
"Excellent support pre-placement, accurate information about what to expect both from the project and in Cambodia, and genuine interest about the experience on my return."
"Absolutely amazing company! Helped me through each step right from the start booking my volunteering trip to Thailand. They answered any questions I had straight away and all the staff were really helpful! They sent me all the documents I needed and explained each step which was so helpful. I would definately use POD Volunteer again when booking volunteering journeys all over the world, 100% would recommend, especially to first time single travellers"
Pod Volunteer is rated 4.68 based on 229 reviews