London Lawn Turf Company Reviews

Own Driver, Courier
2 - 3 Hours
Read London Lawn Turf Company Reviews

About London Lawn Turf Company:

A leading turf and topsoil supplier, delivering top quality lawn turf, soil and landscaping services to London and surrounding counties.

London Lawn Turf Company 5 star review on 10th September 2021
London Lawn Turf Company 5 star review on 10th June 2020
Caroline
London Lawn Turf Company 5 star review on 10th June 2020
Caroline
I've had bad experience in the past with a different turf company, who did a poor job on my lawn and charged me a lot of money. Fortunately, London Lawn Turf Co. came and replaced the lawn with better quality grass, and now it looks great, and at a much better price - thank you for a good job.
Hi Kevin, We're thrilled to hear you are happy with your replacement, thank you for taking the time to leave us feedback and enjoy the new lawn! Kind Regards, London Lawn Turf
When my wife forced me into providing her with a new lawn, I naturally investigated and obtained a number of estimates. I made the fundamental error of choosing one of the lowest estimates based purely upon some pictures that I had seen and the quotation given. I should have heeded the advice “buy cheap buy twice.” In order for you to fully understand my problem the company that I initially chose was called a similar name but not to be confused with my eventual contractor. Within months I realised how foolish I had been. They did not take away the existing lawn but merely rotated it back into the soil beneath. They did not provide a topdressing of soil with the appropriate fertiliser to ensure good initial and continual growth. They carried out the task in pouring rain and did it in two hours. The result was a complete disaster and realizing how foolish I had been, I went to the best company but I could find even though the price was more than my budget planning. How glad I am that I made that decision. The people at London Lawn Turf Company are at the other end of the spectrum. They are the best. Professional and polite and a family business based over 25 years in the same place and just look at the National Institutions that are their customers. That tells me a real story. The other people have moved their work address three or four times in as many years and that also tells a story as they never responded with any after sales service whatsoever. As I state, I had to pay more than I wanted for “a piece of grass” but what I have now is a “proper lawn” to be proud of rather than the mud patch that the first suppliers provided. Take my advice. Go with the best. You will never regret it. I just hope people read this before going to any other company including my first supplier who should be avoided.
London Lawn Turf Company 5 star review on 10th September 2021
Hi Richard, Thank you for your review, sadly there are companies who cut corners with the preparation and here at London Lawn we have a 'preparation is key' attitude. Preparing a lawn correctly and using high quality products, is crucial to keep it looking great in months and years rather than just days or weeks. We are so pleased to hear you are happy with the workmanship and outcome of your new lawn. Here's hoping for more sunny weather so you can enjoy it all that bit more. All the best, London Lawn Turf
Excellent service and great product, have already been recommending!
Hi Maria, Thank you for your review, it is much appreciated. Regards, London Lawn Turf
Efficient, expert and pleasant service.
Hi Sue, That is great to hear, thank you. Regards, London Lawn Turf
Just had some groundwork preparation and lawn laid by Ryan and Steve from London Lawn Turf Company. The lads were professional, polite and did an amazing job on my garden. Thoroughly recommended.
Hi Kyle, Thanks for the positive feedback, we will be sure to pass it on the the Team. Regards, London Lawn Turf
Excellent service. Simon and Michael arrived on time and fully prepared. They did an excellent job laying a 70sqm turf and landscaping/tree planting. Having ran out of time they then returned at the weekend to finish some minor items having worked til 8pm during the week. Would recommend 100%.
Hi Chris, Thank you for your review, it's always great to hear independent feedback and this will be passed on to the team. Regards, London Lawn Turf
Wow wow . So please with the service As I am very hard to please . The 2 men worked hard all day in extreme heat I’m still in shock as nobody works full days any more once again thank you to the team as well. Vivienne Lazarus
Hi Mrs Lazarus, Thank you for taking to time to leave a review, I have passed this on to Charlie and Simon. Enjoy your new lawn. Kind Regards, London Lawn Turf
Turf laid quickly and efficiently and the men who laid it were pleasant and polite, and very thoughtful about not messing up our home:) only gripes are that one of the edges isn't straught and also we were given no after care instructions apart from not to walk on it for 2-3 weeks. It would have been helpful to have more info on how to care for our turf and some follow up
Hi Emma, We send out aftercare guides as standard with all invoices so there should be an attachment. If this hasn't come through please let us know and we can forward this to you separately.
You get what you pay for and this was definitely worth the money. Lawn was laid beautifully, very friendly and everything lean and tidy. Very pleased with the product and service.. 5 stars all the way!
Hi Sophia, Thank you for the brilliant review, I will be sure to pass this on to Cris the Landscaper. Many Thanks, London Lawn Turf
great job done by nice and very helpfull workers
Hi Shashi, Thank you for taking time to leave a review. All the best, London Lawn Turf
Very efficient - turned up within the time frame given - very helpful.
Hi Nic, Thank you for taking the time to leave a review, enjoy your new lawn. Regards, London Lawn Turf
My garden looks awesome!!! You really exceeded my expectations!!! Good job!
Hi Carlos, Thank you for the review, so glad you are pleased with the lawn. Many Thanks, London Lawn Turf
London Lawn Turf were professional and friendly right from the start. After a site visit, we were able to start our project 3 weeks later. The whole operation from arrival to wrapping up took less than half a day. The lawn looks fantastic and I was very impressed with the level of professionalism and friendliness throughout. Would definitely recommend this company.
Hi Tony, Thank you for your review, are are glad you are happy with the outcome. All the best, London Lawn Turf
Rip off prices, VERY poor customer services, with unpleasant and rude staff! NB: At the time of writing there is only 1 other negative review (on this page) which says: 'Be warned. The reviews on reviews.io are by invitation only.’ I've added more info and details about this at the end of my review.* ______________________ Wednesday 31 March 2021: At my gardener’s recommendation I called London Lawn Turf Company Kingsbury branch & ordered 2 bags Rolawn topsoil. Trusting my gardener knew best, without questioning the exorbitant cost, I paid £264 with delivery (incl gardener’s trade discount!). No invoice provided and no details of cost on delivery note. Delivered last week, the soil is totally dry, yet to be spread so I can only hope for the best. My neighbour was ordering 4 bags of topsoil and yesterday asked me for London Lawn Turf Co contact details. About to give him the number, simply out of interest I googled Rolawn, shocked to find cost of 2 bags +timed delivery (£15) only £207 total! I called London Lawn Turf Co yesterday morning to complain, asked for breakdown of costs, and was told £80 delivery! When the person checked online she agreed there was considerable cost difference and told me she would speak with her manager. No call back and no reply to my voicemail left this morning. I called again and spoke with a man who was nothing if not rude, totally uninterested in my complaint (no names else review will be removed!). He said delivery was in fact £45. I asked to speak with the manager and he told me that was him! I asked to speak with his boss, but rude manager said the director of London Lawn Turf Co had spoken with Rolawn’s director yesterday, and claimed Rolawn’s were cheaper because they currently have a special promotional offer. I pointed out that the discount was only £3, not excusing the extra £57 I paid, and not forgetting this incl trade discount! I reiterated that I wanted to speak with the director but rude manager said he wouldn’t call me because there’s nothing they’re prepared to do! I then pointed out that I hadn’t even been given an invoice or a breakdown of costs when I ordered over phone, only the total amount that I paid via credit card, so could he pls send one. Almost yawning he asked for my email address. I repeated my request that he ask the director to call me, that I had seen some very negative London Lawn Turf Company reviews, and if this was not resolved I would be adding my own on every review site I could find. Meanwhile, both my neighbour and I were intending to also purchase our turf from London Lawn Turf Company, but not any more - I wouldn’t have looked if they hadn’t ripped me off, but I've also found some very poor reviews with photos of the quality of the turf they sell. Update Thursday 1 April: No invoice received from rude manager, and this morning I called London Lawn Turf Company head office in Hackbridge, left voicemail asking to speak with one of the 4 directors (visit Companies House website for details). A man called me back, so assuming he was a director I detailed my complaint. He listened and flatly responded, ‘We’re not going to do anything’, and then I realised he was not a director. He argued that they can’t be responsible if prices lower at Rolawns. Really, I replied, yet the London Lawn Turf Company website claims: 'We will not be beaten on price when compared to Rolawn products!’ & ‘Consistently the Lowest price line for Quality Turf and Topsoil.' Obviously taken aback by this, he asked me to send screenshots, which I did. AGAIN - I asked to be contacted by one of the directors, but I won’t hold my breath because I don't think this company gives a damn. However, thanks to incredibly poor customer services at London Lawn Turf Company, and their refusal to address my complaint, with no attempt to amicably resolve the issue with civility, they have lost orders from me and my neighbour, expected to total just over £1,000. (My neighbour has already ordered 4 bags topsoil from Rolawn with free delivery @ £394.) _________________________ *I had to phone REVIEWS.io to get this review up, because you do need an invitation from the company, otherwise your review will be left on a REVIEWS.io ’shadow’ site, as mine was initially, a second profile site for ‘londonlawnturfcompany' (that I can’t even find now) where all the negative reviews are hidden! When I spoke to this site's representative she said the company should have invited me to leave a review. I pointed out that paying advertisers are hardly likely to encourage complaining customers to post negative reviews! She sent me an invitation after I emailed copy of my invoice - that I chased londonlawnturfcompany for (Delivery £48 incl VAT!) To get an invitation to leave negative review, call 01163500610 and choose Support option. Perhaps London Lawn Turf Company might reconsider their attitude if more honest reviews are left!
The garden was a mess and the lawn turf company really bought it together. The job tooks 2 days instead of one - but the cost was fixed priced and transparent from the outset. The two people who came to lay the turf and level the garden did an excellent job, checking with us through the transformation of lawn and border that the work was as we wanted. Equally James who came to scope the work at the start listened to our exact requirements and revisited when we had more questions. Really happy with the work.
Hi Neeraj, Thank you for your review, we will pass on the praise. Enjoy your new lawn in the sunshine! All the best, London Lawn Turf
I just wanted to say thank you for your responsiveness throughout the process. Deano and the team were polite, friendly and tidy. Most importantly though they were fast, efficient and have laid an immaculate lawn which we are looking forward to using this summer. The overall product offered by London Lawn Turf has been exceptional.
Hi Hamilton, Thank you for taking the time to leave a review, we will pass on the great feedback to the team. Regards, London Lawn Turf
Today the team from the London Turf Company transformed our front garden. They worked so hard, were articulate and so thorough! We had a small area around our bio disc that they cut and spent time getting it all right. They left our home so neat and tidy also, leaving us with big smiles on our faces feeling so proud at our transformed frontage. Thank you so much we can’t wait to work with you on our back garden.
Hi Michelle, Thanks for the great feedback. All the best, London Lawn Turf
Great price and a wide range of products. The team kept me informed throughout the day. Very helpful and clean up after themselves. The end result looks fantastic.
Hi Mark, Thanks for your review, enjoy your new lawn! Regards, London Lawn Turf
Excellent customer service! We are very happy with the quality of the turf laid and the professional, friendly service. London Lawn Turf are brilliant, high recommend!
Hi Carrie, Thanks for taking the time to leave a review! All the best, London Lawn Turf
We just had our lawn laid and I would really recommend this company. The men were really friendly and polite. They cleaned up afterwards both inside and on the patio (they had to access garden through our house). They worked vigorously and rapidly for hours, whilst I hardly noticed they were there, and we had a lovely lawn by the end of the day!
Hi Mary, Thanks you for the feedback. We aim to create as little disturbance to our clients as possible, so very happy to hear this was your experience. Kind Regards, London Lawn Turf
London Lawn Turf Company is rated 4.77 based on 70 reviews