London Lawn Turf Company Reviews

of reviewers recommend London Lawn Turf Company
Own Driver, Courier
Read London Lawn Turf Company Reviews

About London Lawn Turf Company:

A leading turf and topsoil supplier, delivering top quality lawn turf, soil and landscaping services to London and surrounding counties.

London Lawn Turf Company 5 star review on 7th October 2020
Marie Overs
London Lawn Turf Company 5 star review on 27th August 2020
Marie Overs
Caroline
Rip off prices, VERY poor customer services, with unpleasant and rude staff! NB: At the time of writing there is only 1 other negative review (on this page) which says: 'Be warned. The reviews on reviews.io are by invitation only.’ I've added more info and details about this at the end of my review.* ______________________ Wednesday 31 March 2021: At my gardener’s recommendation I called London Lawn Turf Company Kingsbury branch & ordered 2 bags Rolawn topsoil. Trusting my gardener knew best, without questioning the exorbitant cost, I paid £264 with delivery (incl gardener’s trade discount!). No invoice provided and no details of cost on delivery note. Delivered last week, the soil is totally dry, yet to be spread so I can only hope for the best. My neighbour was ordering 4 bags of topsoil and yesterday asked me for London Lawn Turf Co contact details. About to give him the number, simply out of interest I googled Rolawn, shocked to find cost of 2 bags +timed delivery (£15) only £207 total! I called London Lawn Turf Co yesterday morning to complain, asked for breakdown of costs, and was told £80 delivery! When the person checked online she agreed there was considerable cost difference and told me she would speak with her manager. No call back and no reply to my voicemail left this morning. I called again and spoke with a man who was nothing if not rude, totally uninterested in my complaint (no names else review will be removed!). He said delivery was in fact £45. I asked to speak with the manager and he told me that was him! I asked to speak with his boss, but rude manager said the director of London Lawn Turf Co had spoken with Rolawn’s director yesterday, and claimed Rolawn’s were cheaper because they currently have a special promotional offer. I pointed out that the discount was only £3, not excusing the extra £57 I paid, and not forgetting this incl trade discount! I reiterated that I wanted to speak with the director but rude manager said he wouldn’t call me because there’s nothing they’re prepared to do! I then pointed out that I hadn’t even been given an invoice or a breakdown of costs when I ordered over phone, only the total amount that I paid via credit card, so could he pls send one. Almost yawning he asked for my email address. I repeated my request that he ask the director to call me, that I had seen some very negative London Lawn Turf Company reviews, and if this was not resolved I would be adding my own on every review site I could find. Meanwhile, both my neighbour and I were intending to also purchase our turf from London Lawn Turf Company, but not any more - I wouldn’t have looked if they hadn’t ripped me off, but I've also found some very poor reviews with photos of the quality of the turf they sell. Update Thursday 1 April: No invoice received from rude manager, and this morning I called London Lawn Turf Company head office in Hackbridge, left voicemail asking to speak with one of the 4 directors (visit Companies House website for details). A man called me back, so assuming he was a director I detailed my complaint. He listened and flatly responded, ‘We’re not going to do anything’, and then I realised he was not a director. He argued that they can’t be responsible if prices lower at Rolawns. Really, I replied, yet the London Lawn Turf Company website claims: 'We will not be beaten on price when compared to Rolawn products!’ & ‘Consistently the Lowest price line for Quality Turf and Topsoil.' Obviously taken aback by this, he asked me to send screenshots, which I did. AGAIN - I asked to be contacted by one of the directors, but I won’t hold my breath because I don't think this company gives a damn. However, thanks to incredibly poor customer services at London Lawn Turf Company, and their refusal to address my complaint, with no attempt to amicably resolve the issue with civility, they have lost orders from me and my neighbour, expected to total just over £1,000. (My neighbour has already ordered 4 bags topsoil from Rolawn with free delivery @ £394.) _________________________ *I had to phone REVIEWS.io to get this review up, because you do need an invitation from the company, otherwise your review will be left on a REVIEWS.io ’shadow’ site, as mine was initially, a second profile site for ‘londonlawnturfcompany' (that I can’t even find now) where all the negative reviews are hidden! When I spoke to this site's representative she said the company should have invited me to leave a review. I pointed out that paying advertisers are hardly likely to encourage complaining customers to post negative reviews! She sent me an invitation after I emailed copy of my invoice - that I chased londonlawnturfcompany for (Delivery £48 incl VAT!) To get an invitation to leave negative review, call 01163500610 and choose Support option. Perhaps London Lawn Turf Company might reconsider their attitude if more honest reviews are left!
Be warned. The reviews on reviews.io are by invitation only. The average trustpilot review at the time of me writing this is 2.2. London Lawn Turf has done a poor installation and is uninterested in rectifying the situation. They inspected my garden, assured me grass would grow and lay new turf. When planting they put in the wrong shape and forgot the edging. To their credit they came back and fixed the shape and installed the edging. However after following their instructions there were a number of dead patches. When reported they initially sent some seed. When that didn't work and after a number of attempts to contact them, they responded saying they hadn't received my photos but suggested overseeding in September. No word from them in September. When I contacted them in late September they said that they thought the issue was resolved. Be warned. They do not stand by their product.
Hi David, Sorry you feel you have had to post this review. Please supply the photos as requested on several separate occasions by email and we will be more than happy to assist we any aftercare issues you may be experiencing. I can see you have an pergola with climbers in this area, could you also supply us with photos facing this as it may be an overhanging canopy and/or leaf litter that is causing the problems. Kind Regards, London Lawn Turf
London Lawn Turf Company is rated 4.75 based on 61 reviews