ISSOS Reviews

of reviewers recommend ISSOS
Read ISSOS Reviews

About ISSOS:

The exclusive ISSOS summer school program offers high school students from over 70 nationalities (aged 13-18) the opportunity to combine learning, creative enrichment and action-packed adventure in one of three amazing, historic and picturesque university towns of St Andrews, Cambridge and Yale. Our three week program welcomes students from all over the world, mixing native and non-native English speakers and limits the number of students from one nationality to 10% in order to guarantee a truly international experience.

georgienicholson@issos.com

Tell us how ISSOS made you happy
The summer school itself was a great experience for my son, who came to ISSOS (at Saint Andrews) for the first time. He liked the activities, the school lessons and the teachers a lot. The booking process was unsatisfactory, as there were uncertainties about the status of the application and reminders were sent for payments, that had already been made. There is room for improvement. During the Summer School, food on campus was a big topic: My son went out for both lunch and dinner because the food (according to my son and also according to his colleagues) was inedible. Since the Summer School has its price and the cost of food is included, it would be desirable to improve the quality of food.
Thank you for taking the time to leave us your feedback and we're really happy to hear that your son enjoyed his summer with us.

We welcome constructive feedback as it helps us to improve our services, so we will take your comments about the food and aspects of the booking process into account and work on making things even better for the future.

Team ISSOS
nous trouvons que le rapport est trop succinct, et nous estimons pas normal du tout de lire " trop d bavardage ", à vous de faire la discipline pendant les heures de cours. Sentiment de trop de laxisme et rigolade alors que le matin ils sont à ISSOS pour travailler
My daughter has attended ISSOS from 2016-2019 and has done the “HAT TRICK” of all 3 campuses and my son has attended at St. Andrew’s and Cambridge and plans on attending Yale this summer. My husband and I cannot say enough about how great Jen, her councellors, and her program is. This program helped my daughter into a mature, confident young lady and this past summer we were shocked how more self assured and mature my son(14) became. This year my daughter ( 16) is attending a boarding school and we believe attending ISSOS made this transition so much easier. All the academic programs they have choosen have helped them being leaders after camp. NOTHING BUT 5 STARS!!!
Thank you so much! They are both an absolute joy to have with us in the summer so this makes us really happy to know how much you think they get out of the time with us!

Looking forward to another summer with your family in 2020.

Best Wishes

Team ISSOS
We did not have a good experience at ISSOS Yale in summer. The program was hosted on the Yale campus but did not have any association with the university. The teachers were students from regular colleges like any other local community camps. One of them was a mom who wanted to be close to her daughter at camp and was not even a professional teacher. It was lesser quality than a local park district camp with 10 times the price and the additional expenses of travel and stay. Even the last day of the parent get together was held in the open grounds by student counselors who were not even adults themselves and felt very sub-par with the feedback. We have better universities with much more robust programs in town for half the price of this camp. The only half-attractive part was the students coming from different parts of the world and even that was an open enrollment with no selection process. It was a camp for people who had money and want a different experience...not for learning or anything to do with Yale! Sorry to be very critical on my review but had to be honest with my feedback. Thank you.
Thank you for taking the time to write us a review, and we're sorry to hear that you feel this way about the experience. We can't argue against your personal opinions of other programs in the area, but what you have said about our company and our staff in your review is not entirely accurate and we would like to clarify some points.

Firstly, we absolutely never claim to be a program that is run by Yale University. We do use their facilities and house our students on campus but we always make it clear that the program is run by ISSOS.

The few teachers that you refer to who may be studying at university do already hold degrees but are now working towards completing Masters or PhDs. We pride ourselves in finding highly qualified professionals who also have real-life experience in their fields.

The teacher you refer to who, as you correctly said, had a daughter at ISSOS this summer is in fact incredibly well qualified (she holds a Masters degree in International Education and a BA in English Literature). She has been a professional teacher for over 20 years with experience teaching international students in the USA, Japan, Chile and Costa Rica.

With regard to the parents reception, this was not held by the counselors. It is hosted by our Program Director (in the case of our Yale campus this is our Company Founder and MD, Jen Munro), the Program Assistant and our Head Counselors. The Teachers and Group Counselors do attend this event but we can assure you that every single person on our staff is an adult.

You are right in saying that we don't have a selection process to attend ISSOS as a student, but we don't see this as a negative. We don’t ask to see students grades prior to coming to ISSOS because we believe in education in the broadest sense, educating both hearts and minds - so everyone can have a chance to experience our program irrespective of their academic grades.

With all that said, we are sorry again that you did not feel that our program was a good fit for your daughter but wish you both all the best for the future.

Best Wishes

Team ISSOS
ISSOS was the first summer school that I attended. I was so nervous before I got there but once I was there I didn’t want to leave! I made so many friends from all over the world and I still talk to them daily. The teachers and counselors are so nice and helpful. It really is an experience of a lifetime
ISSOS, contrary to all other camps I have stayed at, has made me feel at home. I have met the most amazing people, most of which I am still friends with today. Over these three weeks you become so close to these people that it's hard to leave at the end of the camp. Every individual is so special and motivated that they have inspired me to do more of what I love and to strive for my goals. ISSOS was my first introduction to debate, I fell in love with it and after two years of debating both at issos and at home, I'm the captain of my school's debating society. It really was, without doubt 'The experince of a lifetime'.
ISSOS is rated 4.89 based on 133 reviews