ISSOS Reviews

100% of reviewers recommend ISSOS

About ISSOS: The exclusive ISSOS summer school program offers high school students from over 70 nationalities (aged 13-18) the opportunity to combine learning, creative enrichment and action-packed adventure in one of three amazing, historic and picturesque university towns of St Andrews, Cambridge and Yale. Our three week program welcomes students from all over the world, mixing native and non-native English speakers and limits the number of students from one nationality to 10% in order to guarantee a truly international experience.

How would you rate ISSOS ?

"it was the best experience ever. i was so nervous the first few days. but everyone was so nice and sweet"
"My daughter just entered from Issos st andrews, she enjoyed a lot, wished it was even longer as she did lot of friends from all over the world as well as she appreciated councellors very friendly like big amazing family. She learned a lot from different cultures, she loved the place ,advantures and classes.. She wishes she can go again and encouraging her sister and friend to go even if at younger age because it is very safe and caring stuff ! Also following them on social media was a great and supportive idea for parents as our kids were more likely to leave every moment there than to chat with us .... wish we can have more photos from the final scottish dance or party :))) thank you again you are amazing our daughter is happy, we re happy.. bravoooo"
"Both my daughters attended ISSOS St. Andrews for the first time this year. They both raved about how friendly and well organised this camp was and both said it was the best camp they attended so far. They particularly liked the counsellors, the games and the afternoon activities (film and drama) as well as the overall supportive atmosphere. One of them did debate which has proven to be a great growth opportunity and experience. The other one did the 'pre-IB' course and was a bit disappointed as primarily they were made to work on an essay during the course which did not get collected and graded as the instructor seems to have been busy with her own PhD thesis. Instead she had hoped to learn more about study skills than just some relaxation techniques. However, this was the only criticism I heard - everything else seems to have been just fantastic, specifically the international and friendly spirit of it all. Both of them said that they would want to return and their brother is now interested as well."
"We encouraged our daughter to attend in order to develop a larger view of the world. That goal was definitely accomplished! She formed strong friendships with teens from all over the world and really didn’t want to come home. She had so much fun with all the activities. For her it truly was “the experience of a lifetime”."
"I had a lot of fun this summer. It was incredible! You have the chance to improve your english while meeting new friends. Every evening program was funny."
"My son was reluctant to attend St Andrews despite his sister having previously attended both St Andrews and Cambridge where she had the most amazing times. Whilst not as confident as his sister he quickly settled in and clearly had the most amazing time. He was busy from morning until night, enjoyed all the activities, met some fantastic people and the whole experience has clearly broadened his horizon. I simply cannot recommend highly enough."
"My son Akhila attended ISSOS at St Andrews this year . It was one of the best thing I have done for him as a parent . He was initially unsure if he should go but once he was there he had an AWESOME time ! Made lots of friends and definitely see a change in his attitude for the better and I am confident with this first step we have taken he would succeed in his IB journey !"
"My two sons have returned from Issos St. Andrews, and it was their first onboard experience. They were really happy and told us that they wish it was 2 more weeks longer :) They had really great time, had lots of friends from different nationalities. The lessons they took were also very useful for them. From our side, we really appreciate all the work done, the programme was really full. As a mom, I really liked the photos and videos that are shared, since the kids didnt have much time to call or text, at least we could follow them from social media :) Thank you all..."
"My daughter just returned from ISSOS St Andrews 2018. I knew she had the most amazing time the moment she started crying right there at the airport about not wanting to come back after 3 weeks!! She is really keen to attend next year! Thank u St Andrews team! Did I mention Scotland is the most amazing place having lived there 4 years myself?"
"Great people, awesome awesome, awesome indeed. Miss everybody so much. I really would like to come back."
"I attended ISSOS 4 years in a row at the St. Andrews campus. My only regret is that I didn't decided to attend earlier than I did! After my 1st year I begged my parents to let me return, so much so that the very next day from returning I was already in for the next. Everything about the program is extremely well-planned and thought out, academic classes and electives, clan activities, day trips and other events that occur during the 3 weeks. There is nothing that is boring or uninteresting. The teachers are dedicated and enthusiatic, the counsellors are kind, funny, easy to talk to and basically become one of your friends. The staff are always on hand incase something goes wrong. With over 150 students and staff coming from different backgrounds and cultures and living together for 3 weeks, the amount of learning, fun and understanding is limitless. Over 4 years I have had the honour and privilege to meet some of the most amazing people, staff, students and counselors included; many of whom I still keep in contact with. Not being able to go back (since I'm too old) is very saddening, however I do plan in 2 years to return as a counselor and give back to those who gave so much to me. I cannot recommend ISSOS enough, for giving me my best summers and memories."
"Our son went to ISSOS St Andrews 2 years in a row and loved it. he felt it was a good way to prepare for his IB exams and also make new friends and do different things. Now our daughter's turn and she is about to spend her second time in St Andrews as well, and cannot wait to get there. it is the highlight of her summer, and she was sad to leave last summer, wishing that it could be a full time school and she could stay all year. We had to promise when we picked her up that she could return again this year! So happy kids, happy parents! the whole experience has been great."
"All 3 of my children have attended ISSOS. The experience of each one was amazing. They have all traveled extensively all over the world. When you ask them what one of their most influential trips have been, they all say ISSOS was one of the best experiences of their lives. They made friendships there that they still have today years later. This program is wonderful. I highly recommend it!"
"I had a great time at ISSOS, I went three times and I remember having an amazing three weeks each time I went."
"Our daughter attended ISSOS Yale in 2017 at the age of 14. This was her first time away from home alone so there was much nervous anticipation. The entire ISSOS team was fantastic and helped her with her nerves. I knew she had a fantastic time as a day after camp had concluded she turned to me and said " I can't believe it is over '. ISSOS was a fantastic experience for our daughter boosting her self confidence. My husband and I were so impressed with the program that she and her brother ( 13) are attending camp in St. Andrews this summer. She is extremely excited!! Danielle and Brendan"
"Friends and the general location that we were presented with..."
"Our 17-year-old son was overwhelmed by the friendly environment, the social atmosphere and the other teens he met, and, most prominently, by the insights on creative-writing and on film-making he acquired, all while having loads of fun. We have the impression it was a great help in his UCAS application to study in the UK. Thumbs up ISSOS team!"
"It was a nice exposure to new cultures, environment, social and educational experiences. Friends were made, bonds that have remained much longer than the 3 week course. furthermore the exchange of information and experiences has led to a more focused view of the future. better judgement can be made now when deciding on higher education options with respect to career choices."
"ISSOS provided with my son (2 times) and daughter (2 times) between 2010 - 2015 the most valuable summer vacation experience right in the age they were able to recognize... ISSOS was able to fulfill all promised. Beautiful camps (both Cambridge or Saint Andrews) and long term friendships for kids , good feeling of trustful safety and well spent money for parents:-)."
"Friendly environment, caring teachers and staff, dynamic activities, international atmosphere where everyone feels welcome with lovely facilities and great landscape. The program is well organised and balanced with the academic areas as well as social activities. My son came back home every summer willing to return to ISSOS the next year. That is why he attended for four summers in a row. He has made friends from all over and still keeps in touch with them."
ISSOS is rated 4.98 based on 84 reviews

Get ready for our phone call!