ISSOS Reviews

100% of reviewers recommend ISSOS

About ISSOS: The exclusive ISSOS summer school program offers high school students from over 70 nationalities (aged 13-18) the opportunity to combine learning, creative enrichment and action-packed adventure in one of three amazing, historic and picturesque university towns of St Andrews, Cambridge and Yale. Our three week program welcomes students from all over the world, mixing native and non-native English speakers and limits the number of students from one nationality to 10% in order to guarantee a truly international experience.

How would you rate ISSOS ?

"I attended ISSOS 4 years in a row at the St. Andrews campus. My only regret is that I didn't decided to attend earlier than I did! After my 1st year I begged my parents to let me return, so much so that the very next day from returning I was already in for the next. Everything about the program is extremely well-planned and thought out, academic classes and electives, clan activities, day trips and other events that occur during the 3 weeks. There is nothing that is boring or uninteresting. The teachers are dedicated and enthusiatic, the counsellors are kind, funny, easy to talk to and basically become one of your friends. The staff are always on hand incase something goes wrong. With over 150 students and staff coming from different backgrounds and cultures and living together for 3 weeks, the amount of learning, fun and understanding is limitless. Over 4 years I have had the honour and privilege to meet some of the most amazing people, staff, students and counselors included; many of whom I still keep in contact with. Not being able to go back (since I'm too old) is very saddening, however I do plan in 2 years to return as a counselor and give back to those who gave so much to me. I cannot recommend ISSOS enough, for giving me my best summers and memories."
"Our son went to ISSOS St Andrews 2 years in a row and loved it. he felt it was a good way to prepare for his IB exams and also make new friends and do different things. Now our daughter's turn and she is about to spend her second time in St Andrews as well, and cannot wait to get there. it is the highlight of her summer, and she was sad to leave last summer, wishing that it could be a full time school and she could stay all year. We had to promise when we picked her up that she could return again this year! So happy kids, happy parents! the whole experience has been great."
Lorrie Worrell
Unverified Reviewer
"All 3 of my children have attended ISSOS. The experience of each one was amazing. They have all traveled extensively all over the world. When you ask them what one of their most influential trips have been, they all say ISSOS was one of the best experiences of their lives. They made friendships there that they still have today years later. This program is wonderful. I highly recommend it!"
"I had a great time at ISSOS, I went three times and I remember having an amazing three weeks each time I went."
Danielle Jobb And Brendan Roddy
Verified Reviewer
"Our daughter attended ISSOS Yale in 2017 at the age of 14. This was her first time away from home alone so there was much nervous anticipation. The entire ISSOS team was fantastic and helped her with her nerves. I knew she had a fantastic time as a day after camp had concluded she turned to me and said " I can't believe it is over '. ISSOS was a fantastic experience for our daughter boosting her self confidence. My husband and I were so impressed with the program that she and her brother ( 13) are attending camp in St. Andrews this summer. She is extremely excited!! Danielle and Brendan"
Tunc Bora Bergsan
Verified Reviewer
"Friends and the general location that we were presented with..."
"Our 17-year-old son was overwhelmed by the friendly environment, the social atmosphere and the other teens he met, and, most prominently, by the insights on creative-writing and on film-making he acquired, all while having loads of fun. We have the impression it was a great help in his UCAS application to study in the UK. Thumbs up ISSOS team!"
Elias Karam (Alexander's Father)
Unverified Reviewer
"It was a nice exposure to new cultures, environment, social and educational experiences. Friends were made, bonds that have remained much longer than the 3 week course. furthermore the exchange of information and experiences has led to a more focused view of the future. better judgement can be made now when deciding on higher education options with respect to career choices."
Milan Kucharcik
Unverified Reviewer
"ISSOS provided with my son (2 times) and daughter (2 times) between 2010 - 2015 the most valuable summer vacation experience right in the age they were able to recognize... ISSOS was able to fulfill all promised. Beautiful camps (both Cambridge or Saint Andrews) and long term friendships for kids , good feeling of trustful safety and well spent money for parents:-)."
Susanna Ortega
Verified Reviewer
"Friendly environment, caring teachers and staff, dynamic activities, international atmosphere where everyone feels welcome with lovely facilities and great landscape. The program is well organised and balanced with the academic areas as well as social activities. My son came back home every summer willing to return to ISSOS the next year. That is why he attended for four summers in a row. He has made friends from all over and still keeps in touch with them."
"My daughter (14yo) had a fantastic stay at Cambridge."
Drs. Ulrich And Andrea Depmer
Unverified Reviewer
"well organized, wonderful staff, nice and save accomodation, perfect communication with the parents. We strongly recommend ISSOS to everybody, who want their children to have a wonderful and challenging experience in the UK. Sincerely Dr. Andrea Depmer Dr. Ulrich Depmer Tarifa, Spain"
Dwitya Widyasari
Verified Reviewer
"As a parent sending off my daughter for the first time, I couldn’t help but worry. But the staff at ISSOS had been so helpful with all my questions and concerns by email that I was reassured that my daughter would be in good hands. During my daughter’s stay at St Andrews, she had a bit of a problem with one of the wires on her braces and the councelor took the time to accompany her to an orthodontist a few towns away! Their dedication and care to the kids at ISSOS is amazing and my daughter has so many friends around the world who she still talks to even today. I would definately recommend ISSOS to any parents looking for a fun and educting summer school for their kids."
"It is the third year that my son Cristiano goes to ISSOS at St. Andrews and each time he comes back with enthusiasm. It is a fantastic experience I suggest to everybody!"
"I would like to highly recommend ISSOS. My elder daughter attended previously and we found the whole experience a delight. It was educational at the same time as being entertaining and stimulating for the children. She had the opportunity to meet people from around the world and with whom she has kept in touch and developed relationships. I consider ISSOS to be character building and an experience of a lifetime. I am very pleased that my younger daughter has just been accepted for this year’s programme and she is very much looking forward to it. Many thanks to all their wonderful staff."
"The entire experience at ISSOS was extremely positive in both of my twin sons. It did exposure them to a new universe of learning and personal enrichment."
Erik-Jan Kramer
Unverified Reviewer
"Our son Sijbren attended ISSOS at St. Andrews for 3 weeks last Summer. His emphasis was on golf and creative writing. The program is extremely well organized, and a great way to give your child an opportunity to become more independent in a safe and fun environment. My only regret is that we did not send him there earlier as is common for many kids. I highly recommend this program."
"ISSOS was life changing for my daughter. She attended the St. Andrews ISSOS. The program was very well run, the counselors, teachers and all of the staff were incredibly knowledgeable and professional. They even remembered to celebrate my daughters birthday and brought her a cake! The program allowed my daughter to not only learn in the classroom but learn and grow from meeting the other students from all over the world. It has opened her eyes to learn about other cultures. She now has friends from all over the world. They still speak regularly and are cheering each other on as they apply to college. She was also immersed in Scottish culture which she absolutely fell in love with. She grew as a person, came back a better person and more independent. If you are considering ISSOS, do not hesitate. I cant recommend this program enough!!"
"ISSOS was an incredible experience. I became friends with people from different countries that even months after ISSOS I still talk to. The kids were all kind people and the teachers worked very hard to make classes interesting and enjoyable. The large amount of independence allowed us to roam around the Yale campus and New Haven which was very fun. The classes were not too long, and were split up with breaks which prevented anyone from getting too stir-crazy. Additionally, the night activities associated with clan wars allowed us to run around and play sports which even the non-athletic kids enjoyed. Overall, this was a summer that I will never forget and I highly recommend it to everyone."
"Our daughter attended the St Andrews 3 week session in July two years in a row. The experience truly developed her academic skills through the enriching debating course, her self-confidence and overall her comfort level in English. All this took place in a great atmosphere with on-going social events and exciting games and team camaraderie that gave great pace to the stay. This was, for sure, one of the life changing experiences for Louise who has made new friends from all over the world...and is now a true lover of Scotland! I highly recommend ISSOS as this organization is as benevolent as professional."
ISSOS is rated 4.97 based on 74 reviews