Intelligent Insurance Reviews

of reviewers recommend Intelligent Insurance
Read Intelligent Insurance Reviews

About Intelligent Insurance:

Intelligent Insurance is dedicated to finding home insurance for typically ‘hard to insure’ properties and circumstances. From unoccupied home insurance to insurance for listed buildings and holiday homes, we'll strive to arrange high-quality, competitively priced home insurance, whatever your property type, condition, usage or personal circumstances.

contactus@intelligentinsurance.co.uk

Intelligent Insurance 4 Lakeside Salisbury Road, ,

Tell us how Intelligent Insurance made you happy
The advice offered was polite, friendly, knowledgeable and to the point. Very good. Thanks.
Great fast and efficient service
Easy to use online system with excellent online chat updates and communication with competitive premiums - recommended
Excellent quoted price Quick follow up Brilliant online and telephone customer service
Always a pleasure to deal with - the online support is particularly quick and pleasant.
Beware Intelligent Insurance heavy cancellation penalties Beware! Intelligent Insurance will charge a £50 penalty for cancellation even within the cool-off period. I took out a home policy with @Intelligent Insurance via @Comparethemarket last week. I downloaded the policy documents today and contacted them to make a couple of changes. This caused my premium to increase by about £60 and would incur a penalty fee of £25. A big brand insurer were offering the same cover for about £100 less than this so I decided to cancel the policy as it hadn’t started yet and I was well inside the 14 day cool off period. Intelligent Insurance want to penalise me £50 for cancelling a not yet active policy! The Citizens Advice website says that for cancellation during the insurance cool off period, insurers are entitled to charge “a small fee” for any days of cover incurred (none in my case) or for admin. In my case £50 represents 2 months of insurance cover. How high are their admin costs if the process to cancel a policy costs the equivalent of 15% of the money the product generates? Their customer services folks say the fees are all detailed in the small-print but only a couple of years ago I used to receive the policy documents through the post for checking a few days after sign-up and I don’t recall being penalised when I needed to call up and make corrections. I’d be very surprised if I could have been penalised like this for deciding to cancel a policy at that point too. Apparently I could have reviewed all the documents almost instantly, prior to accepting the policy. I’m told this part happens on the Intelligent Insurance website but I don’t recall it being made clear at any point that proceeding would commit me to a £50 penalty if I chose to cancel later. Even private car parks have to put up clear warnings at the entrance! I have cancelled and asked for the penalty to be refunded but whether they do or not, I don’t think it’s a reasonable fee for an automatic sign up process where I enter all the info and only electronic documents are generated (no paper, printing or postal costs). I also don’t think that a company that hides unreasonable penalty fees in their small-print should be flaunting high @Trustpilot and @defaqto reviews. These are not the behaviours of a company that wants to be seen as trustworthy. I will steer clear in future. P.S. Initially I gave Intelligent Insurance a 1 star rating but their website has a Reviews section on which they don’t post anything less than 2-star reviews. It will be interesting to see if my feeback appears there. Finally, I have checked a few of the other providers I could have chosen in the same process to see if they also charge cancellation penalties or admin fees in the 14 day cool off period. It seems that some do and some don’t, fees range from £17 to £58 so far but most are less than £50. Kudos to the folks @Endsleigh who have recently changed their policy and don’t charge any fee or penalty for cancellation!!!
Failed to provide the service paid for. Terrible communication. Repeatedly did not get back to me when promised. Did not state their rationale clearly. Wasted a lot of my time and money. Hefty cancellation fees. I do wonder if any of the reviewers have tried to make even a small claim.
Dear Cat, I am sorry to hear about your experience. Please contact me via complaints@intelligentinsurance.co.uk so I can locate your policy details and provide additional support to you on this matter. Kind regards Chris Wade Quality and Risk Manager
Pleased with the services provided with on-line forms, agent on the telephone, and on-line chat agent. Price is very competitive in their market area. Would recommend to others needing similar cover.
I received an excellent building and contents quote and accepted the policy on Saturday 24th Oct 20. I made an error on my application as regards previous claims which I understood and was not intentional. I agreed to pay the small increase and small quotation increase. My problem was that I phoned my current insurance company to cancel the renewal in mid November. Low and behold they improved their offer to less than Intelligent. So I accepted the offer to renew. I then contacted intelligent to cancel and that was Ok until they said I have to pay £50 admin fee. The policy hasn’t started and was only approved 5 days ago. I was told this information is on their website! Apparently the minute you accept the offer you have no cooling off period. How on earth can I be aware of charge they don’t tell you about before you accept the policy. The agent at intelligent said as its on the website I have accepted it ‘NO’ i haven’t the website is informative but does not form any point of my contract with them. It’s also worth pointing out that I applied for a quote through a comparison site so never reviewed their website. I am being asked to pay a ‘fine’ for something I wasn’t aware of till after I received the contract/policy. Websites do not form part of a contract. They are referring me to their finance department to invoice me, best of luck with that! I am glad I didn’t take the policy with them if this is how they operate with hidden clauses.
Competitive price and helpful website,would recommend
First time I have used this company, it was the best rate for my house and content insurance.
Well priced cover ;Easy on line system to use. I would say I am happy with the service I ahv e chosen
Efficient and professional service. Good quality and well priced policy.
No real problems filling in all the required details - had to look a few of them up, but I got there eventually. Difficult to rate an insurance company until one has the misfortune of having to make a claim. I hope that never happens in my case, but that is the time to make reviews of the company. Only one issue completing the required info - that is I have a military WW1 & WW2 collection, but I had to state that it was a medal collection to make progress. The system could do with an "Other" option followed by a request box in which one can explain what it is you are wishing to cover.
Straight forward, simple procedure. Good customers service.
You did okay, but your estimate went up in price considerably over a 24 hr period, from when I first enquired to eventually purchasing this policy
Accepted insurance for an unusual building. The telephone completion was conducted by a very helpful person who helped when answering unclear questions
Good value easy to understand and sign up.
We site helpful and simple to use.
The home insurance policy was very comprehensive and saved me £170 on the renewal quote from my previous insurers.
Intelligent Insurance is rated 4.60 based on 573 reviews